Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bees can't wait five more years for EPA action - Take Action

TBomb

http://action.panna.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=14146&utm_source=alert&utm_medium=action&utm_content=food&utm_campaign=bees

Bees can't wait five more years for EPA action
Bees Need You!
Bees need help now
Tell EPA's new leader to step up and protect bees!

Take Action

In honor of National Honey Bee Day, people across the country are celebrating the pollinators responsible for much of our food. But as you know, bees are in serious trouble.
These vital pollinators are still dying off at unprecedented rates. And while EPA has taken little action to protect bees from harmful pesticides, the agency's new leader can step it up. Join us in calling on Gina McCarthy to make pollinator protection a priority under her leadership!
Tell Gina McCarthy, bees need action now» The science is increasingly clear: neonicotinoid pesticides, alone and in combination with other pesticides, are a key factor in declining bee populations. Neonics have been linked to massive bee kills, and at non-lethal doses they can interfere with critical brain functions that bees need to navigate, forage and reproduce.
Make bees a priority» As head of EPA, it's up to Gina McCarthy to protect bees. The agency's current plan is to finish reviewing neonics by 2018...and then decide what to do. But with beekeepers reporting losses of 40-70%, it's clear bees can't wait five more years.
Help send the message to Administrator McCarthy: It's time to step up and protect bees. We rely on them for one in three bites of food we eat, and they need help urgently.
Thanks for adding your voice to the swell!

• Upvote 4

Great post T, one of my best life long friends is a beekeeper and we talk about this very thing all the time.  People don't realize how important a "BUG" is in keeping us all alive.  Like everyone has been saying on here without them our food supply would dwindle and die, and we would follow.  Funny how such a tiny creature could very well be the ultimate downfall to humanity's existence!   :bugs:  :bugs: There really is no time to wait, I agree we may already be screwed, time will tell soon enough.  :shrug:

• Upvote 1

***///

Rotate Apiary with friend farms.  Works well.

We love BEES... they are the bees knees...!

Honey = Magic Elixir !

Gotta watch to make sure they aren't "violated" by Africanized..... bad news indeed! :eek:

And VIVA Lady Bugs !  Our little garden wonders ! :D

Preppers should all start own hives and learn to tend properly. ;)

Bees are finally making a come back here. For years our bees were dwindling. Some of the worst growing seasons I had seen in years.

This year my garden has flourished with the help of our little winged friends. For the first time in years I have had to warn the grandkids to wear shoes

cause if you step on the wrong clover your gonna get a painful surprise. If you personally want to help the bees after the dandelion season in the spring .

early to mid summer when its clover season  try to let your lawn go for as long as you can before you cut it. A healthy crop of clover can mean the difference

of making it and not making it for a wild hive.  

• Upvote 3

Not going to happen with VP Mr Taylor of Monsanto as Obama's Food Czar!

This has been going on for three years...

Conservative Repugs have been trying to defund, and destroy the EPA for years now...please guys, stop voting right wing and Democrat - let's get a real independent in there who will try to save this country instead of rape it for big business

Bees are finally making a come back here. For years our bees were dwindling. Some of the worst growing seasons I had seen in years.

This year my garden has flourished with the help of our little winged friends. For the first time in years I have had to warn the grandkids to wear shoes

cause if you step on the wrong clover your gonna get a painful surprise. If you personally want to help the bees after the dandelion season in the spring .

early to mid summer when its clover season  try to let your lawn go for as long as you can before you cut it. A healthy crop of clover can mean the difference

Thanks, Dog

They say it's a Bayer insecticide causing colony collapse. We will end up killing not only the bugs, but ourselves if we keep killing smaller animals with bug sprays...they truck commercial bee hives thousands of miles a year to pollinate big crop areas for large agribusiness - and they are stressing them intensely. Then they give them medicines to keep them healthy and that stresses them too