Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is it possible there wont be an rv?

paj1985

It's been siad that IRAQ need an internationally recognized currency that is worth something to the world and can be exchanges for other countries currency. Right now, that does not exist. So, if IRAQ wants to buy goods from other countries for development and commerce, they need to do this. Right now, it's "monopoly money". Who would want to seriously accept Dinar for payment now?

The Rv will happen just as it did in Kuwait. But it did not happen til we (our armed forces) were out of the country. That being said as a part of history so it can not be a lie. I just spoke to a Marine home on leave (his father-in-law is dying) told me that when our forces pull out they will have to do something. Iraq is being set free by our country's armed forces. They are doing a world of good for that country despite having their hands tied by a bunch of morons we call politians. He has purchased some Iraq money anticipating it being revalued. It will be RV'd, but could be a while still. The most important thing is that our guys are allowed to do their job without all the stupid rules of engagement. We would have been done with this battle had it not been for our polititians, and iraq would be using their own RV'd money. At the very least, I would expect it to at least match the USA dollar...if it still is worth anything in the next couple of years.

RTRUSTY

''like we did''

you joined at the same time as me.

And i do read through the forum thanks,its a pretty simple question.

Not sure why theres negative ppl on hear who wanna jump on someones back.you didnt have to comment

if you had nothing to add.thanks

To add to my previous comment. If I was in business that made electric generators, or even oil well rigs, and IRAQ wanted them for their electricity improvement or for more oil development, I would not sell them my equipment now. Why? Because the Dinar is basically worhtless and even if I did accept it as payment, I cannot exchange it for dollars. i would accept dollars as payment, but that is not the currency of IRAQ. So, in order to buy goods from other countries, they need to make their currency (IQD) worth something and also exchangeable to other countries' currencies. The obvious conclusion here is that they have to RV the IQD and do it soon so they can move on to build their country.

A lot of people feel it will rv soon

my question is why now

i read the rumors also but tell what makes you feel that it will happen soon

I'll just say that I was more hopeful it would RV soon if Allawi won, but if al-Maliki pulls out a second term I'm less optimistic. I still believe it will RV, just not as soon.

Kuwait didn't RV...and this situation isn't anything like what happened to Kuwait...there was an article that came out yesterday saying they were going to provide loans to all Iraqi's to purchase cars...up to 17 million dinar. That doesn't sound like they are going to RV anytime some...wish they would but it certainly isn't pointing in that direction. Maybe after they remove the zero's this year.

Yes--It is not only possibe, but very probable. The IQD will probably be released at $1170 IQD / $1 USD as an open tradeable currency; this if how all free tradable currencys are valued and traded. The worlds free markets (posted by FOREX) will then determine what the IQD is worth. Just like stocks on the free market. The fear in Iraq is that the IQD will tank, much like the Iranian money, but the major money brokers feel it will go in our favor very quickly. Within an hour to a week at the most, the big dogs feel it will go to about 1 IQD= $.005 USD to as high as $.17 UASD. A half a cent to seventeen cents is a pretty sustainable level for Iraq. There is almost no way it will go above .24 USD for many reasons, the biggest being factors in Saudi Arabia. The major money people are wrong every now and then (a few times a century), but this has been too studied. They will not miss this time. Don't give me the Kuwait crap. Short answer to your question: a countrys currency is= (GNP) / (currency in circulation). This is fairly easy to calculate without much error. Best guess after the IQD is free floating is the IQD will come to rest at a value of $1 IQD= $.12 USD (12 cents).

The Rv will happen just as it did in Kuwait. But it did not happen til we (our armed forces) were out of the country. That being said as a part of history so it can not be a lie. I just spoke to a Marine home on leave (his father-in-law is dying) told me that when our forces pull out they will have to do something. Iraq is being set free by our country's armed forces. They are doing a world of good for that country despite having their hands tied by a bunch of morons we call politians. He has purchased some Iraq money anticipating it being revalued. It will be RV'd, but could be a while still. The most important thing is that our guys are allowed to do their job without all the stupid rules of engagement. We would have been done with this battle had it not been for our polititians, and iraq would be using their own RV'd money. At the very least, I would expect it to at least match the USA dollar...if it still is worth anything in the next couple of years.

Here's a can of worms but if I am right it wasn't a RV that kuwait had it was a reinstatement of their value. During their invasion a lot of their money was stolen and they made their money no good and used Iraqi dinars till they knew which bills were stolen.. After they got the numbers of the stolen money they then reinstated their money to whats it was worth prior to the invasion and made the stolen money not good. If I am wrong please let me know and correct me

The Iraq War rendered the currency basically useless for international trade and was a method of suppressing the Iraqi nation untill it could be re-built. The GOI has recently publicly expressed aspirations to raise the value of the Dinar in order to benefit the people of Iraq who wish access to foreign goods and services and need a plausibly valued currency for trading purposes. The GOI has specified that the redenomination and hence the revaluation must logistically precede it in a time frame that today brackets the period from your reading this until the EOY 2010. It cannot be accomplished by beginning their effort on December 31, 2010; they need to have at least about 3 months to circulate out the large denomination bills. In order to use the smaller denominations in local commerce, they need to raise their value since you cannot buy a loaf of bread with a 25 dinar note today if it is basically worth less than 3 cents. We who own dinars have put ourselves in the path of Iraqi progress.

To add to my previous comment. If I was in business that made electric generators, or even oil well rigs, and IRAQ wanted them for their electricity improvement or for more oil development, I would not sell them my equipment now. Why? Because the Dinar is basically worhtless and even if I did accept it as payment, I cannot exchange it for dollars. i would accept dollars as payment, but that is not the currency of IRAQ. So, in order to buy goods from other countries, they need to make their currency (IQD) worth something and also exchangeable to other countries' currencies. The obvious conclusion here is that they have to RV the IQD and do it soon so they can move on to build their country.

They don't have to RV to do that, they could just release the IQD to be freely traded on the market like other currencies. The people could be paid in IQD and trade them into whatever currency they want. Granted, I'm hoping they RV, but they don't have to in order to solve the problem you're addressing.