Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Taxing sunshine

I've come to this forum in the past to question the issue of guns in a civil society and mixed it up (respectfully) with more than a few here. But I have recently become aware of something that I think will strike a note with us all: the taxing on the energy created by solar panels on one's own roof.

This hasn't happened in the US yet, but it is starting in Europe. Spain, soon to be followed by other EU members, is planning to introduce an "infrastructure"tax on the Watts generated by a private homeowner's solar electric panels. I'm not sure but suspect this is regardless if the citizen sells power back to the utility or not. If one sells energy back to the grid, a usage fee for that specific transaction would be appropriate.

I have every intention of removing my home from the electrical grid as soon as possible initially by solar panels (pv) and would really resent bring taxed for a utility I don't use, but even more incensed being taxed for the use of sunlight, which is literally a gift from the heavens.

My property taxes pay for the electricity for streetlights and other electrical infrastructure expenses. But to tax home generated energy seems too invasive. I'm curious if this issue strikes others a being a trespass on one's natural rights.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Funny they have been talking about that hear in Ontario also. You would not believe what they are trying to tax. Life under any govt is a joke. I saw a article a bit ago about a air tax that they place on higher buildings. I am not a fan of my govt that's for sure. Better stop now or I will have 200 pages of my thoughts and the govt and what a waste of air we waste on them

This is a Federal Gov. that is totally out of control. There will be no limit to their stupidity and over reach into our rights and privacy. If other govs are doing it I'm sure Ostupid and company will.  I'm just wondering what they will have to do that will light the fuse to set off the revolt!!!  IMHO

• Upvote 1

I've come to this forum in the past to question the issue of guns in a civil society and mixed it up (respectfully) with more than a few here. But I have recently become aware of something that I think will strike a note with us all: the taxing on the energy created by solar panels on one's own roof.

This hasn't happened in the US yet, but it is starting in Europe. Spain, soon to be followed by other EU members, is planning to introduce an "infrastructure"tax on the Watts generated by a private homeowner's solar electric panels. I'm not sure but suspect this is regardless if the citizen sells power back to the utility or not. If one sells energy back to the grid, a usage fee for that specific transaction would be appropriate.

I have every intention of removing my home from the electrical grid as soon as possible initially by solar panels (pv) and would really resent bring taxed for a utility I don't use, but even more incensed being taxed for the use of sunlight, which is literally a gift from the heavens.

My property taxes pay for the electricity for streetlights and other electrical infrastructure expenses. But to tax home generated energy seems too invasive. I'm curious if this issue strikes others a being a trespass on one's natural rights.

Ahhh I see you don't like the GOVT shating on you over a possible sunshine tax. 

BUT your all right with them Shating on us over gun rights issues.

Hmmmm

Well good luck with that.  :)

• Upvote 1

Well I live in Europe (UK to be exact) .... I'm an Electrical Design Consultant never heard of this ......

our infrastructure tax's are paid through income tax and local council tax .....

council tax covers , street lighting, waste collection, water charges, water works, gas works etc it's a long list

major infrastructure projects are paid from the treasury which get's its money form Income tax, fuel tax's, road tax, car tax food tax etc

there will not be a tax on sunshine lol, (were lucky to see the sun 2 weeks of the year)

At the moment anybody supplementing there energy usage by way of local generating equipment  is

1. given a grant from the government to by the equipment and install
  2. paid by whoever there district network operator is if they export power into the grid.

some people have actually cut there power bills to zero and actually get paid.

So to sum this up (its late here) we already pay for infrastructure projects and maintenance of said systems through our tax system ...... an new tax for this would not be needed or tolerated.

• Upvote 1

With solar cells getting cheaper and much more efficient it may not be long before your electric car will run without any (currently) taxable resource, so how will you be charged for road construction and maintenance? One scary scenario is that your registration would include a mandatory GPS that would calculate a monthly fee based on how much you drive, on which roads and any speeding violations. O Brave New World!

You live in NY state, one of the leading nanny states

That means everything will be taxed!

This shocks you? A state that voted for a Senator from another state?(Hillarious Clinton)

A state where Anthony Weiner still has politcal life?

My advice? Leave ASAP. 

I did, 8 years ago.

Thank You Magawatt For The Thought Provoking Post. :)

I'm still taking it all in.... I can't believe all the attacks you are getting here my friend... seems some miss the point.

This has been a long time coming and the PTB were prepared for it... Solar was NOT just invented yesterday. :rolleyes:

Last I knew sunshine was free... the thought of there being a "charge" for it is just crazy to me.

Still Pondering Your Posts.. Thank You For Asking Good Hard Questions And Giving Info On This Subject.

Much Appreciated. :)

FEDS DO NOT OWN ME.

I am a sovereign man, born of the Seed of God!

IRS, Federal Reserve, BANKSTERS,,,,,

POOP TO THAT!

kiss my royal Irish a$$

WM13

***///

:salute: NOW YER TALKIN'.... !  Kudos! :tiphat:

If only more people would wake up, do the work, and understand exactly what that means!

Until they do... they remain slaves.

***///

:salute: NOW YER TALKIN'.... !  Kudos! :tiphat:

If only more people would wake up, do the work, and understand exactly what that means!

Until they do... they remain slaves.

For someone who has claimed to do the "Work"...

Lady... You Don't Have A Clue.

***/// You Are NO Sarge... are you?

Edited by Maggie123
  • Downvote 4

You live in NY state, one of the leading nanny states

That means everything will be taxed!

This shocks you? A state that voted for a Senator from another state?(Hillarious Clinton)

A state where Anthony Weiner still has politcal life?

My advice? Leave ASAP.

I did, 8 years ago.

Lol Mr Weiner "outed" himself recently, so I don't think he'll make much penetration in this contest. But who knows he may rise again.

RE: HH0, AKA Browns Gas. A far as I know, the energy spent splitting water into its component parts is at least equal to the energy derived from its combustion, so you won't get very far with that. All exotic energy attempts are usually found outside the accepted bounds of physics, but they may need to change. So, if interested, a little studying of LENR could prove fun reading. There is a group (Decafolon?) doing some very interesting demonstrations on line.

RE:NewYork. Long Island has been trying to seceed to form its own state for generations, so don't get me started!

• 2 weeks later...

***///

WOW, MAGAWATT -- very cool !  :twothumbs:  Thanks for the link ! :tiphat:

That's one way to circumvent being forced to purchase sub-standard Chi-Com krap tools !

We've had it with THAT junk !

In "having a plan & planning to act", it is recommended that one begin to procure tools and

implements used back in the 1800's... for farm, kitchen, laundry, etc....  Good advice.

They can still be found at swap meets, flea markets, estate sales and the like.

Time to go shopping for stuff that will help break the dependence !  :eyebrows:

oh, and there ARE websites for these things, too.... look it up !

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ