Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question about the math for you

1  u.s. dinar dealer was quoted in reuters

Posted in Banking & Finance

“Mom-and-Pop Investors” Pin Hopes on Iraqi Dinar

Posted on 16 November 2012. Tags:

By John Lee.

Reuters reports that “thousands” of people are still speculating on a huge upward revaluation of the Iraqi dinar, which it describes as “one of the chanciest investments in the world“.

It quotes a Las Vegas-based speculator, who previously lost most of his retirement fund on the stock market, as saying:

It’s not a question of if, but when Iraq revalues its currency … The dinar will eventually have substantial value, possibly the highest in the world … If the dinar rises to just even a penny, you would have realized a profit of 900 percent.

The article goes on to say that some speculators are even betting that the dinar could rise to a value of $1 to $3, which would represent gains of between 116,500 percent and 349,700 percent.

One dinar dealer, which reportedly charges a spread of 30 percent on transactions, told Reuters he sold about $577 million in dinars to U.S. customers in 2011. “His customers are U.S. mom-and-pop investors – teachers, police officers, and construction workers“, says the report.

(Source: Reuters)

if this is so that equates to 577 bilion dinar sold by one dealer last year..... seriously at 3 dollars per that woud be

1.71 trillion u.s. dollars........this is just one dealer in the u.s.  seriously the math from a fiscal standpoint looks a little ridiculous... imvho.... 

I am not looking to get bashed been in this for 8 years just really doing some soul searching on the reality of this ever coming to fruition...... and with those kind of numbers it leads me to believe that 1 to 1 would be an absolute miracle...

just saying and i welcome your feedback either way .. let the games begin.....

the reason i put this is rumours is because my personal banker who i have known for over 10 years told me that this is a pipe dream and anyone investing in this will be lucky to break even due to the 30% spread unless they bought there money many many years ago.....

Edited by jordan1
  • Upvote 2

- You bet your sweet bippy -

- This is going to happen -

NORTEC..We all want it to happen. We all want the money....Doesn't mean we have to avoid checking Reality.

Once again... Let's hope for the best.. And/or for the less worse.

Edited by umbertino

Don't Even Mention The Name Of Another Italian Gigolo - Umbertino Thinks That DV Is His Street Corner ! :o

:D :D :D

LOL..........Hey ..Gigolo and Pimp are 2 diff. activities not to be confused ( you take the risk of offending the gigolo AND the pimp).

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1