Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar News What

k98nights

The new dinar will be worth one thousand times the old one, which will help facilitate trade and foreign exchange, but will be otherwise neutral in terms of valuation.

That's an interesting juxtaposition .... how can the dinar be worth one thousand times the old one, while also being neutral in valuation? I like what I'm reading, but the article's attempt to be straightforward is ambiguous at best. What I like, and am encouraged by, is simply the fact that there are so many articles in the last few months, and actually amping up in frequency, regarding the banking sector and the valuation of the dinar. Go RV!

What I like, and am encouraged by, is simply the fact that there are so many articles in the last few months, and actually amping up in frequency, regarding the banking sector and the valuation of the dinar. Go RV!

I agree. The fact that it is being openly discussed has got to mean it is happening very soon.

It is confusing sometimes to interpret these comments... :) However I agree that the overall tone is positive and the fact that insurance companies etc are beginning to recognize the positive changes is a good sign. I hope Adam is right in his timing and .86 sounds great to me. Bring it on!

Texx

.00086 becomes .86, it isn't .86 now...

If what I'm reading is 'correct', 1000 times more than the old (current) value ($.86 USD) is $860.00 (per dinar as per my calculator). It would be a dream come true but this can't be the truth OR CAN IT??? Have I had too much coffee this AM? HAHA!!

Meanwhile, plans to re-base the Iraqi currency, the dinar, appear to be going ahead, but the exact timing of the change is still to be decided. The new dinar will be worth one thousand times the old one, which will help facilitate trade and foreign exchange, but will be otherwise neutral in terms of valuation.

When I read this, it says the new dinar will be worth one thousand times the old one which will help facilitate trade and foreign exchange so that looks like the RV. The part that's otherwise neutral in terms of valuation what are they referring too? Neutral in valuation could mean LOP? Lovely....

Brandon2230, you got it right. The article assumes lopping of 3 zeros is definate and old news. One good thing about the article is that it makes the distinction between rate and value. Value of the piece of paper (the banknote) stays the same. The rate changing to equally match the lopping. Hope they are wrong.

Chip

anytime you see neutral value....to me thats LOP speak. However, I BELIEVE that we would have to see legislation for a law to do this first. There would be a push to educate the public before any drastic move towards a LOP could go down and they have to have a real reason to do that. With the inflation as low as it is. They dont have to right now. I also think its possible that the currency could go fiat. All you need are all the countries involved to accept the dinar for the determined exchange rate. Its kinda like having an old comic book thats worth something. Well, its only worth anything if you can find someone to buy it.