Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Truth exposed... where does your loyalty rest?

RodandStaff

This is a message to Christians in the black community.... buckle your seat belts... cause your about to go into warp speed with the truth about the Democratic Party.... and please, stop using the "Racist Card"!!! If you like a good challenge...this may be the most enlightening 4 minutes you will ever experience... imo. wink.gif

(sorry I couldn't get the window to open but it's worth checking out).

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1

WOW!! That's a very strong message, RodandStaff. After all these years of being in the pocket of the Democrat party, it may take some real courage to break away from it, but all religious people could see the Democrats' absolute rejection of God during their convention just like I could see it. I was not only offended, but was also stunned!! Shocked at how blatant and brazen they were in not wanting even the name of God mentioned, no prayer, nothing but themselves and their pathetic claim to greatness while staunchly refusing to ask God for help. How shallow!! How pathetic!! And to many of us, how sinful!! If we want God on our side, if we want God's help in the future, we need to stand up against this horror. America is better than this. And so are most of her people.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

"Separation of church and state" is a common metaphor that is well recognized. Because of the very common usage of the "separation of church and state phrase," most people incorrectly think the phrase is in the constitution.

The constitution states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Both the free exercise clause and the establishment clause place restrictions on the government concerning laws they pass or interfering with religion. No restrictions are placed on religions except perhaps that a religious denomination cannot become the state religion.

This in no way means, if you have anything to do with government, you can't recognize God. That's just something the atheist would love for people to believe and have been trying to brainwash people into believing.

Well Said! :)

This is a message to Christians in the black community.... buckle your seat belts... cause your about to go into warp speed with the truth about the Democratic Party.... and please, stop using the "Racist Card"!!! If you like a good challenge...this may be the most enlightening 4 minutes you will ever experience... imo. wink.gif

Buy the Truth and sell it not!

Thanks Rod, well worth the listen.

• Upvote 3

I couldnt get it to open Rod...It came up with a security alert.

Could you give me another link to this? Im very interested to see whats

being said to Congregations around the Country, there is a movement on

to disregard the Freedom of Speech killing law that forbids Political Speech

in Churches....The law that was passed in 1954 I believe.

• Upvote 1

For the record the phrase "....separation of church and state..." is from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to the First Baptist Church of Danbury Ct, over concerns that our fledgling nation might fall prey to the error of England and "establish" in essence a "Church of America". As used today by revisionist historians and much of the mainstream media....it is expressed is such a way so as to mean the exact opposite of it's original intent.

In point of fact the phrase is nowhere in any of the founding documents, Constitution, Declaration, Bill of Rights BECAUSE their clear-cut intention was that the Govt should keep its hands OFF of Religion entirely.

Conversely it DOES exist in the Constitution of the former Soviet Union....hmmmmmmmmmmbaldeagle.gifTwoCents.gif

someone should point out perhaps that there is a great set of books called "Sermons From the Founding Era" which have some of the most powerful "political messages" ever given in the US. IMO salute.gif

• Upvote 2

The Christian Right regularly claims that America is a “Christian Nation” and was founded on Christian principles. If this is the case, then those principles should be identifiable in America’s founding legal document, the Constitution. If the Constitution explicitly reflects Christian principles and doctrines, then the Christian Right is correct that America was founded on Christianity; otherwise, their claims are wishful thinking at best. So where are God and religion in the Constitution?

No Religious Tests:

Article VI says: "No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." In practice this prohibition was often violated, and even today there are unenforceable prohibitions in state constitutions against atheists holding public office. If America is a Christian Nation, why weren't public offices limited to Christians, or even particular types of Christians? Why weren't public offices limited solely to monotheists or to theists?

First Amendment: Free Exercise:

The first amendment to the Constitution protects the free exercise of religion. It does not protect just the free exercise of Christianity nor does it suggest that Christianity and Christians should be have special protections and privileges. The authors used the term "religion," meaning that all religions have exactly the same status before the law and the government. If they had thought that Christianity were special, they'd have said so; instead, they treated it like every other religion.

First Amendment: No Establishment:

The first amendment to the Constitution also prohibits the government from "establishing" any religion. The meaning of "establishment" is hotly debated and some insist that it merely means that the government can't create a national religion. This reading is too narrow and would make the clause all but meaningless. To have relevance, it must mean that the government can't favor, endorse, promote, or support any religions just as it can't hinder any: it must remain as neutral as possible.

We the People:

The American Constitution begins with the phrase "We the People," and its significance cannot be overlooked. This establishes that sovereign power rests with the people and that all government power and authority derives from the consent of the people. It's a repudiation of older European ideas that governments are established by God and derive their power or authority from God (for example, the divine right of kings). It's also thus a repudiation of the Christian Right's arguments today.

The American Constitution is Godless, Religionless:

No matter how hard conservative apologists for the Christian Right try, they cannot locate endorsements of religion, God, theism, or Christianity in the Constitution. At no point does the Constitution exhibit anything less than a fully secular, godless character. The American Constitution was a novel experiment in the creation of a secular government on the basis of popular sovereignty. All of this would be undermined by the Christian Right.

For the record the phrase "....separation of church and state..." is from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to the First Baptist Church of Danbury Ct, over concerns that our fledgling nation might fall prey to the error of England and "establish" in essence a "Church of America". As used today by revisionist historians and much of the mainstream media....it is expressed is such a way so as to mean the exact opposite of it's original intent.

In point of fact the phrase is nowhere in any of the founding documents, Constitution, Declaration, Bill of Rights BECAUSE their clear-cut intention was that the Govt should keep its hands OFF of Religion entirely.

Conversely it DOES exist in the Constitution of the former Soviet Union....hmmmmmmmmmmbaldeagle.gifTwoCents.gif

someone should point out perhaps that there is a great set of books called "Sermons From the Founding Era" which have some of the most powerful "political messages" ever given in the US. IMO salute.gif

Jefferson wrote a letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802 to answer a letter from them written in October 1801. A copy of the Danbury letter is available here. The Danbury Baptists were a religious minority in Connecticut, and they complained that in their state, the religious liberties they enjoyed were not seen as immutable rights, but as privileges granted by the legislature — as "favors granted." Jefferson's reply did not address their concerns about problems with state establishment of religion — only of establishment on the national level. The letter contains the phrase "wall of separation between church and state," which led to the short-hand for the Establishment Clause that we use today: "Separation of church and state."

The letter was the subject of intense scrutiny by Jefferson, and he consulted a couple of New England politicians to assure that his words would not offend while still conveying his message: it was not the place of the Congress or the Executive to do anything that might be misconstrued as the establishment of religion.

Jefferson could not have predicted that the language in his Danbury Baptist letter would have endured as long as some of his other arresting phrases. The letter was published in a Massachusetts newspaper a month after Jefferson wrote it and then was more or less forgotten for half a century. It was put back into circulation in an edition of Jefferson's writings, published in 1853, and reprinted in 1868 and 1871.

The Supreme Court turned the spotlight on the "wall of separation" phrase in 1878 by declaring in Reynolds v. United States "that it may be accepted almost as an authoritative declaration of the scope and effect of the [first] amendment."

The high court took the same position in widely publicized decisions in 1947 and 1948, asserting in the latter case, McCollum v. Board of Education, that, "in the words of Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between church and state.'" Since McCollum forbade religious instruction in public schools, it appeared that the court had used Jefferson's "wall" metaphor as a sword to sever religion from public life, a result that was and still is intolerable to many Americans.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

"Separation of church and state" is a common metaphor that is well recognized. Because of the very common usage of the "separation of church and state phrase," most people incorrectly think the phrase is in the constitution.

The constitution states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Both the free exercise clause and the establishment clause place restrictions on the government concerning laws they pass or interfering with religion. No restrictions are placed on religions except perhaps that a religious denomination cannot become the state religion.

This in no way means, if you have anything to do with government, you can't recognize God. That's just something the atheist would love for people to believe and have been trying to brainwash people into believing.

There are actually two places that use that statement... Thomas Jefferson in a letter to someone, and he denounced that statement, and "The Communist Manifesto"... but people have attributed this quote for years to the Constitution... and it "ain't in there nowhere"!!! emot-shakehead.gif Don't feel bad, it's been slipped in like it belongs for years... and we have been lied to. Yes, we all need to do our own due dilligence (myself included), esp. when it is such a major cornerstone of our beliefs, who we are, what we believe... and where we want our country heading in the future.... imo. wink.gif

Try this link cris... hope it works for ya! wink.gif

This is it...

Thanks DinarMillionaire... I need to read the whole thread before I try and spend time figuring out how to repost it! Hats off to you my man!!! tip_hat.gif

I am surrounded by some very informed individuals around here... which will keep this fella on the straight path.... thanks EagleEye for your input and advice!!! wink.gif

• Upvote 2

Plus to you Rod. I don"t see the color of one's skin. I see the individual. Skin color means nothing to me. I will say that I believe that the Democratic Party is attempting to use color as source for their agenda.

At the end of the day we are Americans. Our skin color and religious preferences should have no impact on the election. Vote your party.

• Upvote 2

Greetings RodandStaff,

Looking at the video you posted, it appears to me that you maybe using the race card? The video is implying that the Black Christian Community can't think for themselves. Isn't that what slavery attempted to do, but it only caused black men and women to individually think their way to freedom and then make a tremendous contribution to the building of America physically and intellectually? This video is neither a challenge nor enlightenment, It's just an angry black man in a blue suit with a camera in front of him telling the Black Christian Community you've been duped! What a joke and what a slave mentality. Quiet as kept America as a whole has been duped, is being duped, and will be duped as long as greed is in charge of the powers that be. The angry black man in the blue suit is a designed distraction not just for the Black Christian Community, but for anyone who will post his video and agree with his foolish rant. While everyone is watching him, the greedy men are duping America blind. Let me give you an example of what I mean. As you well know the housing market is in shambles! Why? Bad loans purposedly created by greedy bankers with the intent to rip off hard working Americans (of every political party) by taking their property and then resellng it in most cases to foreign investors in order to make more money. But here's the clincher have you noticed that neither Obama nor Romney has mentioned anything in their campaign about helping out those AMERICANS that have lost their homes and possibly their families to this type of greed? Wanna know why? It's because the greedy bankers and their co-horts are contrbuting to both Obama's and Romney's campaign! I said it before and I will say it again....You can make Obama and Romney President at the same time and it won't help! Our problem is bigger than the both of them and it's certainly bigger than the angry black man, in the blue suit, with a camera in front of him yelling the Black Christian Community is being duped! America is being duped and the greedy men have convinced some of us to look the other way and blame everything on the political parties.

FYI...the Rod is a symbol of authority and the Staff is a symbol of rescue or getting out of trouble. Hope you use them for good and not for evil!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

This video is actually from a very articulate man who happens to be black, and a christian. He is talking about how he has learned how not to be "filed in with the rest of the sheep"... so how anyone would think that he is not thinking for himself??? blink.gif His main point is whatever political view you have make sure it honors God...period!!!

Wow... and calling him racist..rolleyes.gif... I think you've had enough venting for now... so go vent on someone else's thread please... after you have listened more carefully to what has been said that is. Of course if your just here to spread some conspiratorial agenda that no one else is as "enlightened as you"... then maybe you need to open your own thread, and express your views there instead of dumping things on this one and having no continuity with what was being said. Try again... on your own thread... thank you very much.

FYI... I'm pretty sure I understand the meaning of the Rod and Staff, but I am not interested in the least of getting into a pissing contest with anyone, esp. someone who appears to have no other agenda in mind but their own. emot-shakehead.gif Have a good one! wink.gif

• Upvote 7

http://standamerica.us/

You can go to this link and find the video.

Edited by darwinatridge
  • Upvote 1

Try this, cris. I hope it works. It is the URL that is in my brower window when I clicked to see it. Let me know if it works, and if not, I'll try something else. Fran

Link these, I hope they work. I got it open, but can't seem to bring it here intact. So string these together, that is if it "travels" when I try to move it. Just bring the parts below into one long url with no extra breaks, and that should do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch

?v=Oi_KaZ53eDg

&feature=player_

embedded

• Upvote 1

The final line denies your hypothesis. It plainly says the Year of OUR LORD. Not the Lord. or just a date, Read it all. Our Lord. Let me explain what OUR means. All of us. Inclusive. The constitution is written by men with a common ground they all beleived in the Lord and signatured it.

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the same.

The Word, "the," being interlined between the seventh and eighth Lines of the first Page, The Word "Thirty" being partly written on an Erazure in the fifteenth Line of the first Page, The Words "is tried" being interlined between the thirty second and thirty third Lines of the first Page and the Word "the" being interlined between the forty third and forty fourth Lines of the second Page.

Attest William Jackson Secretary

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In Witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,

Go. Washington—Presidt.

and deputy from Virginia

The Christian Right regularly claims that America is a “Christian Nation” and was founded on Christian principles. If this is the case, then those principles should be identifiable in America’s founding legal document, the Constitution. If the Constitution explicitly reflects Christian principles and doctrines, then the Christian Right is correct that America was founded on Christianity; otherwise, their claims are wishful thinking at best. So where are God and religion in the Constitution?

No Religious Tests:

Article VI says: "No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." In practice this prohibition was often violated, and even today there are unenforceable prohibitions in state constitutions against atheists holding public office. If America is a Christian Nation, why weren't public offices limited to Christians, or even particular types of Christians? Why weren't public offices limited solely to monotheists or to theists?

The first amendment to the Constitution protects the free exercise of religion. It does not protect just the free exercise of Christianity nor does it suggest that Christianity and Christians should be have special protections and privileges. The authors used the term "religion," meaning that all religions have exactly the same status before the law and the government. If they had thought that Christianity were special, they'd have said so; instead, they treated it like every other religion.

The first amendment to the Constitution also prohibits the government from "establishing" any religion. The meaning of "establishment" is hotly debated and some insist that it merely means that the government can't create a national religion. This reading is too narrow and would make the clause all but meaningless. To have relevance, it must mean that the government can't favor, endorse, promote, or support any religions just as it can't hinder any: it must remain as neutral as possible.

We the People:

The American Constitution begins with the phrase "We the People," and its significance cannot be overlooked. This establishes that sovereign power rests with the people and that all government power and authority derives from the consent of the people. It's a repudiation of older European ideas that governments are established by God and derive their power or authority from God (for example, the divine right of kings). It's also thus a repudiation of the Christian Right's arguments today.

No matter how hard conservative apologists for the Christian Right try, they cannot locate endorsements of religion, God, theism, or Christianity in the Constitution. At no point does the Constitution exhibit anything less than a fully secular, godless character. The American Constitution was a novel experiment in the creation of a secular government on the basis of popular sovereignty. All of this would be undermined by the Christian Right.

Jefferson wrote a letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802 to answer a letter from them written in October 1801. A copy of the Danbury letter is available here. The Danbury Baptists were a religious minority in Connecticut, and they complained that in their state, the religious liberties they enjoyed were not seen as immutable rights, but as privileges granted by the legislature — as "favors granted." Jefferson's reply did not address their concerns about problems with state establishment of religion — only of establishment on the national level. The letter contains the phrase "wall of separation between church and state," which led to the short-hand for the Establishment Clause that we use today: "Separation of church and state."

The letter was the subject of intense scrutiny by Jefferson, and he consulted a couple of New England politicians to assure that his words would not offend while still conveying his message: it was not the place of the Congress or the Executive to do anything that might be misconstrued as the establishment of religion.

Jefferson could not have predicted that the language in his Danbury Baptist letter would have endured as long as some of his other arresting phrases. The letter was published in a Massachusetts newspaper a month after Jefferson wrote it and then was more or less forgotten for half a century. It was put back into circulation in an edition of Jefferson's writings, published in 1853, and reprinted in 1868 and 1871.

The Supreme Court turned the spotlight on the "wall of separation" phrase in 1878 by declaring in Reynolds v. United States "that it may be accepted almost as an authoritative declaration of the scope and effect of the [first] amendment."

The high court took the same position in widely publicized decisions in 1947 and 1948, asserting in the latter case, McCollum v. Board of Education, that, "in the words of Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between church and state.'" Since McCollum forbade religious instruction in public schools, it appeared that the court had used Jefferson's "wall" metaphor as a sword to sever religion from public life, a result that was and still is intolerable to many Americans.

An english lesson on the word but perhaps? This obviously means the Oath or affirmation has a religious aspect which makes the constitution very much Christian oriented. How is the Oaths invoked again I think you need to do a refresher course on your Christian Hatred

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

• Upvote 2

No Religious Tests:

We the People:

Wow DS, Congrats, someone who actually reads/read the constitution, BUT the real challenge is getting american citizens to wake up, and to restore the constitution to it''s rightful place and get us out of the U.N. treaty of 1945 , which is currently the supreme law of the land as you may/probably already know.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The final line denies your hypothesis. It plainly says the Year of OUR LORD. Not the Lord. or just a date, Read it all. Our Lord. Let me explain what OUR means. All of us. Inclusive. The constitution is written by men with a common ground they all beleived in the Lord and signatured it.

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the same.

The Word, "the," being interlined between the seventh and eighth Lines of the first Page, The Word "Thirty" being partly written on an Erazure in the fifteenth Line of the first Page, The Words "is tried" being interlined between the thirty second and thirty third Lines of the first Page and the Word "the" being interlined between the forty third and forty fourth Lines of the second Page.

Attest William Jackson Secretary

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In Witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,

Go. Washington—Presidt.

and deputy from Virginia

An english lesson on the word but perhaps? This obviously means the Oath or affirmation has a religious aspect which makes the constitution very much Christian oriented. How is the Oaths invoked again I think you need to do a refresher course on your Christian Hatred

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

The UN treaty of 1945 supercedes the US Constitution, so much for "Bound by Oath or Affirmation" Citizens don't get caught up on separation of church and state so much as takin' this to ALL Executive (Charged with enforcing and protecting the Constitution) Judicial (Interpret the Constitutional Law) and Legislative ( Those who make laws based on the Constitution) Let us band together and remind these politicians of today (regardless of your side Left, Right, Neutral etc) of an U.N. Constitutional treaty of 1945 and get the Constitution back to it's proper standing before it's to late 67 years and counting is enough !.