Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Libyan People take things in their own hands

cris

Libyans protest and expelled the militia supporters of Sharia from Benghazi

22/09/12 1: 27 pm

Arab and internationalno comments

Libyan protesters against militia supporters of Sharia on Saturday

"Iraq gate" Benghazi (Libya)-Islamic militia expelled supporters of the Libyan Washington blamed an attack on its Consulate in Benghazi fortified bases in Libya's second largest city in public outcry against armed groups in support of Libyan Government early on Saturday morning.

And began to protest against Sharia supporters in Benghazi as part of a coordinated sweep of militia headquarters by police and Government forces and militants in the aftermath of a massive rally against militia units on Friday.

Hospital sources said at least four people were killed and 34 injured when militia attempt to remove demonstrators. Could be heard firing in the area before forcing the fighters out.

And people carrying weapons from militia supporters of Shariah empty while the men are applauding and shouting against the militia.

And have been linked to militia supporters of Sharia and the attack on the US Consulate last week, during which u.s. Ambassador to Libya and three Americans. Militia denies involvement in the attack.

Demonstrators broke into the chant "Libya ... Libya "and say" no "and" blood that we bled him for freedom will not be wasted, "the headquarters of supporters of Shariah in Benghazi and waving swords and some were carrying machetes.

Demonstrator Hassan Ahmed said "after what happened to US Consulate people fed up with the extremists Benghazi ... Did the loyalty of the army and therefore people broke (compound) and they fled. "

And disarmament of militia supporters of Sharia banners and set fire to vehicles inside the compound in the past rule of the security forces of the late Libyan leader moamer kadhafi.

Ahmed said "this place is like the Bastille. Kadhafi Libya dominates him and then replaced by supporters of Shariah. The turning point for the people of Benghazi. "

Abdel Salam said tarhouni a servant arrived with the first wave of protesters, several vans carrying protesters faced community fighters initially fired. He said two protesters were wounded in their legs.

He then rode their trucks and drove off away.

He said the protesters freed four prisoners they found them inside.

Upon leaving the headquarters of supporters of Sharia protesters swelling the crowd arrived to thousands with orientation towards military headquarters for the militia which was shared with another group.

Protesters said the militiamen opened fire on arrival and many people.

Student support albarrany during his return from the region "came as peaceful protesters. When we got there we started firing.

"Five people were right next to me. They used guns of caliber 14.5 millimeter. "

After entering the campus crowd exited the Libyan army trucks rule carrying government soldiers hosannas gaiety in victory and growing up.

And filling people with machetes and clubs main road outside of the compound and stopped cars to prevent thieves from escaping with heavy weapons.

Young said carrying rifles "entered the camp and have not found anyone. We take only those Kalashnikov rifles. "

The demonstrators also dominated at the compound of the Abu Salim and another campus for supporters of Shariah.

And thousands Libyans marched in Benghazi on Friday in support of democracy and against the Islamic militia that swept the United States blamed the attack on the Consulate. Hundreds of supporters of Sharia supporters protest.

Demonstration called "rescue day Benghazi" Government to dismantle armed groups that refused to abandon their arms after the success of the Libyan uprising with support from NATO to overthrow Gaddafi last year.

He said student Ahmad manufacture, a 27-year-old "this protest is clearly against the guerrillas. They all join the army or security forces as individuals, not as groups. Otherwise there will be no prosperity or success of Libya. "

Although the key demands of protesters did not attack the US Consulate but the incident gave authorities a powerful impetus to rally support for the Government.

US Ambassador Christopher Stevens loved in Libya and Libyan condemned many of the attack on the Consulate despite anger from the anti-Islam film, which was produced in the United States and the effects of the attack on the Consulate.

Some demonstrators carried banners in English saying "demand justice for Stevens" and "lost" friend of Libya.

Others had varying views.

He said Amjad Mohammad Hassan, a communications engineer, a 26-year-old "came out today to defend Benghazi. Kill the Ambassador is completely separate.

"There was not to kill the Ambassador because the Americans had of the Prophet. I'm just here for the Benghazi. "

Abu alkaiua, a protester at a demonstration organized by Ansar Shariah today that Stevens "was preparing to enter American troops to Libya.

"The Prophet guardian is expelled from the land of the infidel Muslims therefore Muslims will be victorious. Enemy terrorism one of the principles of Islam. "

He fought American troops in Iraq where he was detained and sent back to Libya under Gaddafi and imprisonment of three years.

One demonstration banners supporters of Sharia "on save or save the day America Benghazi

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.albawwaba.net%2Farabic-international%2F108285%2F

• Upvote 4

Apparently Ambassador Stevens was very good at doing his job and the Libyans knew and appreciated him for this; it's just that our administration wasn't good at doing its job. Stevens earned, deserved, and expected their protection, and it wasn't there when he needed it. Who was so wise that they denied the Marines guarding our Consulate the right to keep their guns loaded? When these Marines guarding our Consulate and our ambassador were denied bullets for their guns, someone had a screwy idea of what is even right, let alone what is safe. (Who in the world could be more trusted with bullets than a U. S. Marine, for pity's sakes??!!) These are not Barney Fifes. They are United States Marines!!! . I consider this to be a brazen idealogue-based, dumb-As*ed failure of both Hillarious Clinton and her ne'er-do-well, TV star, worthless boss, Obama. Neither of them is worth wiping the feet of any of the people who died in this attack.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Apparently Ambassador Stevens was very good at doing his job and the Libyans knew and appreciated him for this; it's just that our administration wasn't good at doing its job. Stevens earned, deserved, and expected their protection, and it wasn't there when he needed it. Who was so wise that they denied the Marines guarding our Consulate the right to keep their guns loaded? When these Marines guarding our Consulate and our ambassador were denied bullets for their guns, someone had a screwy idea of what is even right, let alone what is safe. (Who in the world could be more trusted with bullets than a U. S. Marine, for pity's sakes??!!) These are not Barney Fifes. They are United States Marines!!! . I consider this to be a brazen idealogue-based, dumb-As*ed failure of both Hillarious Clinton and her ne'er-do-well, TV star, worthless boss, Obama. Neither of them is worth wiping the feet of any of the people who died in this attack.

Your ranting about the US government is useless and irrelevant to what happened in Libya. The U.S. has no authority in Libya; we only have an Embassy there just as other countries have Embassy's in the U.S. [utilize that high I.Q.] Stevens needed the protection of Libya's police.

The sorrow here is the lost of Ambassador Stevens and 3 other Americans and the pain of their families. Libya is making an effort to cleanup the mess and take control of their country.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Your ranting about the US government is useless and irrelevant to what happened in Libya. The U.S. has no authority in Libya; we only have an Embassy there just as other countries have Embassy's in the U.S. [utilize that high I.Q.] Stevens needed the protection of Libya's police.

The sorrow here is the lost of Ambassador Stevens and 3 other Americans and the pain of their families. Libya is making an effort to cleanup the mess and take control of their country.

The current administration, including O'blah & hilarious are completely at

fault here....Its their policies that have put blood on their hands from Libya to

fast & furious.....Try just reading from now on instead of spouting Liberal

talking points <_<

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Can you please post the link where the Marines were not allowed to carry loaded wpns? If i am not mistaken all marines on duty inside the embassy carried wpns. Now if the Ambassador decided not allow them to discharge their wpns then that is the Ambassador and RSO's call. So please francie if you can post to the link that described the marines were unarmed i would really like to read it. At the 4 embassy where i stood duty we were always armed. Unless their is a story out there and it is just an opinion then i have to call your story BS.

Can you please post the link where the Marines were not allowed to carry loaded wpns? If i am not mistaken all marines on duty inside the embassy carried wpns. Now if the Ambassador decided not allow them to discharge their wpns then that is the Ambassador and RSO's call. So please francie if you can post to the link that described the marines were unarmed i would really like to read it. At the 4 embassy where i stood duty we were always armed. Unless their is a story out there and it is just an opinion then i have to call your story BS.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120917/NEWS02/309170087/FACT-CHECK-Were-Marines-unarmed

fact checked

POLITICO – The consulate where the American ambassador to Libya was killed on Tuesday is an “interim facility” not protected by the contingent of Marines that safeguards embassies, POLITICO has learned.

Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed with three other Americans in an attack on the U.S. consulate in the city of Benghazi, where Libyan rebels ousted strongman Moammar Qadhafi last year.

Marine Corps spokeswoman Capt. Kendra Motz said that Marines were not posted to the consulate, unlike the embassy in the capital, Tripoli.

A defense official told POLITICO on Wednesday that the Pentagon is sending an elite team of about 50 additional Marines, called a Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team, to reinforce the embassy.

A senior administration official Wednesday called the Benghazi consulate “an interim facility,” which the State Department began using “before the fall of Qadhafi.” It was staffed Tuesday by Libyan and State Department security officers. The consulate came under fire from heavy machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades at about 10 p.m. local time on Tuesday. By the time the attack ended several hours later, four Americans were dead and three others had been injured.

The Benghazi consulate had “lock-and-key” security, not the same level of defenses as a formal embassy, an intelligence source told POLITICO. That means it had no bulletproof glass, reinforced doors or other features common to embassies. The intelligence source contrasted it with the American embassy in Cairo, Egypt – “a permanent facility, which is a lot easier to defend.” The Cairo embassy also was attacked Tuesday.

http://www.therightscoop.com/politico-ambassador-stevens-killed-at-consulate-with-no-marines-protecting-it/

Obama Cuts $2 Million from Protection of Foreign Missions, $129 Million form Embassy Security

2:37 PM, SEP 14, 2012 • BY DANIEL HALPER

Obama’s Sequestration Plan Would Cut $1.084 Billion From The State Department’s Diplomatic And Consular Program, Including $2 Million For The Protection Of Foreign Missions And Officials, And $129 Million For Embassy Security, Construction, And Maintenance. (“OMB Report Pursuant To The Sequestration Transparency Act Of 2012,” Office Of Management And Budget, pp. 135-136, 9/14/12)

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-cuts-2-million-protection-foreign-missions-129-million-form-embassy-security_652355.html

Securing Our Embassies Overseas

The Secretary of State (Hilllary) and by extension, the Chief of Mission (COM), are responsible for developing and implementing security policies and programs that provide for the protection of all U.S. Government personnel (including accompanying dependents) on official duty abroad. This mission is executed through the Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS). Personal and facility protection are the most critical elements of the DS mission abroad as they directly impact upon the Department’s ability to carry out its foreign policy. With terrorist organizations and coalitions operating across international borders, the threat of terrorism against U.S. interests remains great. Therefore, any U.S. mission overseas can be a target even if identified as being in a low-threat environment.

http://www.state.gov/m/ds/about/overview/c9004.htm

• Upvote 2

The current administration, including O'blah & hilarious are completely at

fault here....Its their policies that have put blood on their hands from Libya to

fast & furious.....Try just reading from now on instead of spouting Liberal

talking points <_<

Your mind is completely politically and prejudicially biased which continually produces ignorant comments oppose to rational. Other countries do not have authority in the U.S. and vice versa.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Your mind is completely politically and prejudicially biased which continually produces ignorant comments oppose to rational. Other countries do not have authority in the U.S. and vice versa.

Try reading the rules again....I know they've been pointed out to you :rolleyes:

Calling another member ignorant is not tolerated, maybe you should just stick

to reading instead of posting....you might learn a thing or two....also....

Take a look at my last post......Marines guard Embassies, even in Libya

Stevens shouldnt have been left to the mercies of terrorists....That is the

policy that O'blah & Hillarious put in place.....The blood of the first ambassador

to be killed since Carter is directly on their hands.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Try reading the rules again....I know they've been pointed out to you :rolleyes:

Calling another member ignorant is not tolerated, maybe you should just stick

to reading instead of posting....you might learn a thing or two....also....

policy that O'blah & Hillarious put in place.....The blood of the first ambassador

You're such a baby, I commented on your comment to me. What a kitty cat!

Try reading ------ again

Ambassadors residing outside of the chancery retain special protection from the host country's security forces and the ambassadorial residences enjoy the same rights as missions. Like embassies, such residences are considered inviolable and, in most cases, extraterritorial.

It is distinguished from personal jurisdiction in the sense that extraterritoriality operates to the prejudice of local jurisdiction.

Edited by simple
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You're such a baby, I commented on your comment to me. What a kitty cat!

Ambassadors residing outside of the chancery retain special protection from the host country's security forces and the ambassadorial residences enjoy the same rights as missions. Like embassies, such residences are considered inviolable and, in most cases, extraterritorial.

It is distinguished from personal jurisdiction in the sense that extraterritoriality operates to the prejudice of local jurisdiction.

Reported :rulez:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You apparently don't read very well. I stand by my condemnation of Hillarious and obama whose combined short-sightedness caused them to deny our Marines the ammunition they needed to protect the other Americans in their care. Call my words a rant if you want. Your words mean nothing to me. But then I'm a real American, and only real Americans matter to our country in this crucial and frightening time. Your words prove that you don't qualify. Any fool should know that Americans should never rely completely on foreign police. They should always (as in: every time) be able to rely on our own U. S. Marines. I respect the Libyans who are now coming out of the woodwork to support America, but our brave Ambassador and the three other courageous Americans, plus the unarmed Marines (who were probably going nuts trying to get ammunition for their weapons) are the only ones who matter now. "[utilize that high I.Q.]" Don't know what you mean by this comment, but it neither adds to nor takes away from what I stated above, so it is simply a wash.

• Upvote 2

You apparently don't read very well. I stand by my condemnation of Hillarious and obama whose combined short-sightedness caused them to deny our Marines the ammunition they needed to protect the other Americans in their care. Call my words a rant if you want. Your words mean nothing to me. But then I'm a real American, and only real Americans matter to our country in this crucial and frightening time. Your words prove that you don't qualify. Any fool should know that Americans should never rely completely on foreign police. They should always (as in: every time) be able to rely on our own U. S. Marines. I respect the Libyans who are now coming out of the woodwork to support America, but our brave Ambassador and the three other courageous Americans, plus the unarmed Marines (who were probably going nuts trying to get ammunition for their weapons) are the only ones who matter now. "[utilize that high I.Q.]" Don't know what you mean by this comment, but it neither adds to nor takes away from what I stated above. This it is simply a wash.

You'll need to confirm the government rules of an Embassy. Do you have a link regarding Embassy protection and whether the residents carry live ammo or not? Do you have a link stating live ammo under any administration? You are aware the Embassies are protected by hosting country, right? You're making the assumption Clinton and Obama change some law over the pass 3.5 years.

Edited by simple
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120917/NEWS02/309170087/FACT-CHECK-Were-Marines-unarmed

fact checked

I'll do my best to find other proof of this. I read newspaper accounts of it saying that it is true. So be patient, TPSprayduster. I'll do my best to find the articles on this, but I'll get back to you either way. Fran

Now I know you don't process information like others. You please tell me what rule and what did I say?

Here....I'll make it simple for you

:rulez:

As with any large group of people we find agitators, people who, for reasons of their own, want to cause trouble. The moderator’s job is to weed these people out and keep the information flowing smoothly.

Inappropriate behavior

DO NOT Make Inappropriate or Offensive Posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, slander or deliberate insults/name-calling, or other negative remarks about DinarVets, its moderators and administrators, or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS

Read more:

• Upvote 2

:rulez:

As with any large group of people we find agitators, people who, for reasons of their own, want to cause trouble. The moderator’s job is to weed these people out and keep the information flowing smoothly.

Inappropriate behavior

DO NOT Make Inappropriate or Offensive Posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, slander or deliberate insults/name-calling, or other negative remarks about DinarVets, its moderators and administrators, or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS

Read more:

U didn't answer.

• Downvote 1

Let's see if I can make it clearer. If this topic continues on its current path it will be closed. When a member continues to insult others by calling them "names", i.e., ignorant, they will be placed in "time out" just like 5 year olds when

they ignore instruction. It does not take many "time out" instances for someone to end up in the "Banned Member" category. :shakehead:

If you cannot discuss a topic without the name calling then you do not deserve posting privileges. :P

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 2

OK, TPSprayduster, I was partially wrong, and I sincerely apologize. The Marines were not at the Libyan embassy because a British firm got a bid on it after they agreed to Hillarious's and Obama's terms of carrying no live ammunition. But Ambassador Ann Rice, herself, refused to allow American Marines to carry live ammo in their weapons at our Egyptian embassy. Thus, I was wrong, but there was still a lack of security at both embassies, the one in Egypt and the one in Libya. And I still believe that no American embassy should ever be unguarded or guarded by unarmed people, and never protected only by locals, especially in the most dangerous regions in the world. This is why we have our brave U.S. Marines.

Here are a couple of articles I found about this. I hope they correct my comments and answer your questions. Again, I apologize. Fran

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/09/14/State-Department-Rules-of-Engagement-Kept-Marines-Out-of-Tripoli-as-Well-as-Benghazi-in-Libya

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/profiles/blogs/ambassador-to-egypt-anne-patterson-did-not-permit-u-s-marine

And you seriously believe that a large group of people, on the internet, should agree on one way of thinking without regards to opposition or facts? Well that's just un American!

Someone call bs, you call them an agitator? That's rich!

Let's see if I can make it clearer. If this topic continues on its current path it will be closed. When a member continues to insult others by calling them "names", i.e., ignorant, they will be placed in "time out" just like 5 year olds when

they ignore instruction. It does not take many "time out" instances for someone to end up in the "Banned Member" category. :shakehead:

If you cannot discuss a topic without the name calling then you do not deserve posting privileges. :P

:rocking-chair:

Granny I agree and I respectfully deny any name calling on my behalf. Thanks!!!

• Downvote 1