Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What is the difference between an Intel and Newhound Guru?

Which Gurus are telling us the truth?

"Intel" is short for intelligence.

In the United States, the meaning of "guru" has been used to cover anyone who acquires followers, especially by exploiting their naiveté, due to the inflationary use of the term in new religious movements.[1] - Wikipedia

Hope this helps.

I wish the answer were as easy as the question. :unsure: I think there are many who believe what they say is true, and there are those who are consciously manipulating information so as to result in the "truth" they need in service to their agenda.

Jim Jones held his beliefs to be the "truth", as did many of his followers. Their actions emerged from a belief in their truth resulting in their own suicide and the homocide of others. Same with the crew in San Diego who suicided in preparation of being taken home by the whoevers. It was out of thier belief and conviction they held the truth.

Equally, I'm not at all convinced that much of what is characterized as "smoke and mirrors" is an orchastrated attempt to throw off US and international investors. I don't think Iraq is that well orgnized, I don't think they are that extertnally focused, and I don't think that happens to be the only strategic manipulation they can put together, in face of an inability to pull much lesser things together in operating their governmnet. (Note: this is apart from someone like Shabibi purposely avoiding discussion of financial factors) Instead, I think their extremely partisan press, which makes no pretense of being otherwise, reflects the opinion of the "tribe" or alligence they represent. For example, if all fotball teams had their own news paper, and reported their perspective about the organization, rules and whatever about football, we in this country as their fans (tribe) would be able to discern who was saying what and why, because it is a part of our culture and language. Those on distant shores might read the same information and conclude we are one giant squirrel fest, with manipulators that are purposely putting out false information in order to throw off what is really going on, or control the perception. In similar fashion, I think the Iraqi press is equally loyal to their tribe and the preceptions reported in their news (which to them is objective) is as partisan as is our loyaty to our (rough equivalent of a) tribe like a football team.

Some of us have friends who we are quite convinced are drinking the kool-aid of manipulators in the dinar world. When I hear them talk and repeat what they believe to be true, I can't believe I even know anyone that gullible or stupid.... YET, I am fairly confident I've friends who think the same of me for even owning dinar.

If your question is, do I believe there are those in the dinar world who are purposely manipulating the information and reporting what they know to be otherwise or in contrast to what they are saying (that they are lying).... I would say not even this is an easy question only because none of us know what the truth ultimately is in terms of what is happening with the dinar. Indeed, I think the dinar is a very fluid world, and some of the steps have shifted along the way. I think there are scammers who have come along in the past year that are taking advantage of people by taking their dinar in exchange for bogus contracts, and with the intention of leaving town with other's money; I think there are recent groups that are setting up investment platforms to their advantage, and I think there are desperate people willing to take anything with the word Iraq in it, as something meaning an emergent RV, ........... but I am not convinced that within the original crew of gurus (meaning those around prior to this year).... I'm not convinced that they are consciously lying and knowingly telling lies with the understanding they are telling lies. Some are taking the kool-aid IV into their veins in service of their egos, some need to be important and have resolved the cognitive dissonance of so they can stay in the limelight... And if I am wrong... I am wrong, and have been dupped by masters, and may God have mercy on their souls.

• Upvote 3

Sometimes I think that there is a group of 10 high school kids who hooked into the forums a while ago and they get together every week to make up 'this week's rumors'. Then, they contact 10 users each and feed them all the same rumor. Then those people start spreading it too. So then the 'gurus' who are listening to all their 'sources' hear the same rumor coming from 8 different places and are sure that it must be true. They spread it, we believe it, we tell our friends, our friends trust us, and then they spread it too..

I have a word to say about the starters of the rumors:

"WOE UNTO THE LIAR, FOR HE SHALL BE THRUST TO HELL !!"

Anyway, the only explanation for all of this hubbub is that people are intentionally lying somewhere along the way. There's no way that all that we are hearing is true. I've heard rates as high as $40 per dinar. I've heard dates within a day or two (and I've heard that for the last 7 weeks). We hear all kinds of things and it's not possible that all of it is true, and it is not possible that it was misunderstood or changed. There are folks out there intentionally lying to us and having one heck of a blast doing it.

Hold your dinar, wait for the announcement, but don't plan your future on the dinar. If it RV's, GREAT !!! If it RV's soon, BETTER !!! If it RV's not at all, oh well.. Don't waste your brain cycles on it. It'll happen, or it won't, and none of us have any say or influence on it. We can read and hope and listen all we want, but it won't change the date or the rate. So just smile and go about your life with the hope that someday you might get lucky. Publisher's Clearing House could show up at your door any day now :D

Good luck, and GO RV !!!

Prince Abubu

• Upvote 1