Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Soros Unloads All Investments in Major Financial Stocks; Invests Over $130 Million In Gold

flatdawg

Mac Slavo

August 16th, 2012

In a harbinger of what may be coming our way in the Fall of 2012, billionaire financier George Soros has sold all of his equity positions in major financial stocks according to a 13-F report filed with the SEC for the quarter ending June 30, 2012.

Soros, who manages funds through various accounts in the US and the Cayman Islands, has reportedly unloaded over one million shares of stock in financial companies and banks that include Citigroup (420,000 shares), JP Morgan (701,400 shares) and Goldman Sachs (120,000 shares). The total value of the stock sales amounts to nearly $50 million.

What’s equally as interesting as his sale of major financials is where Soros has shifted his money. At the same time he was selling bank stocks, he was acquiring some 884,000 shares (approx. $130 million) of Gold via the SPDR Gold Trust.

When a major global player with direct ties to the White House, Wall Street, and the banking system starts off-loading stocks and starts stacking gold, it suggests a very serious market move is set to happen.

While often lambasted for his calls to centralize global banking, increase government intervention in the economy and his support of what he has called an “emergence of the new world order,” if there’s anyone with an inside track of where things are headed next it’s Soros.

Soros, who has written extensively of a coming global paradigm shift in his book The Crash of 2008 and What It Means, calling the current economic and political model ”an end of an era,” has recently suggested that the financial and economic situation across the world is so serious that Europe could soon descend into chaos and conflict. He also notes that the world is entering “one of the most dangerous periods in modern history”, and foresees violent riots in America and a brutal clamp-down by the government that will dramatically curtail civil liberties.

This is an individual who not only predicted the collapse of 2008 and took action to insulate himself, he also proposed the various fixes that governments in Europe and the US would eventually implement in order to stave off a deflationary depression. In his aforementioned book he suggested that central banks infuse the system with massive amounts of monetary expansion, but also warned that not injecting enough money would simply extend the onset of deflation and printing too much could lead to hyperinflationary currency collapse.

Based on recent activity in Soros’ US held accounts, it seems that governments and central banks have failed at those efforts to stabilize the system. As such, Soros is getting out of those companies which are most at risk should the financial system buckle like it did in 2008 and he’s shifting his assets into what may be the only asset class left standing when it’s all said and done.

Link

This article ran two days ago and I'm sure many of you have seen it. While none of us with any sense care for the nazi Soros, over the years the man has obtained great wealth from the knowledge of (and the ability to control) what will soon happen.

• Upvote 2

This guy is a shark in blood stained waters. We had all better start preparing

for the mess that is to come. Gold & silver will be the ONLY way to protect ourselves. Mark my

words on this. Cover up & get ready.Buy generators, stockpile food, buy seeds for gardens. If this guy is selling out & buying gold,

its about to get REAL TOUGH!!

• Upvote 3

He is getting married this Fall so I think he is getting out of these volatile investments B4 the honeymoon.. I think he doesnt want to be concerned where to reinvest it so the gold trust is a good place to park it for next 5 months....I do not think he has turned into a gold bug..Come Spring he will move out of gold...

• Upvote 2

It looks to me like one giant head fake just for the simple fact we are hearing about this. These guys are always a step ahead of the game. The b.s. saber rattling between Israel and Iran. They are telling us about this for a reason. If they were to do anything, they would just do it.

Edited by rothsdad

It looks to me like one giant head fake just for the simple fact we are hearing about this. These guys are always a step ahead of the game. The b.s. saber rattling between Israel and Iran. They are telling us about this for a reason. If they were to do anything, they would just do it.

You may be right. I don't trust money changers either.

However, this came out due to the 13-F report that was filed with the SEC.

This is disturbing. What does anyone suggest we do? Change the risk level of our 401k? Buy physical gold or silver?

I can't give you financial advice, but the only "paper" I have is enough in a checking account to cover the very small amount of monthly bills I do have, and some Dinar. No 401k and I have been outta the stock market for nearly 3 years. Moved most of it in to gold, silver coins and... ammo.

Maybe I am joking about the ammo... maybe not.

• Upvote 1

This is disturbing. What does anyone suggest we do? Change the risk level of our 401k? Buy physical gold or silver?

I have spent every dime beyond my investment in Dinar preparing for a mass meltdown.

We bought property in the middle of nowhere, very far away from any kind of population centers, we've invested in long term food supplies that are nutritious, such as whole grains that will last literally forever if kept dry, beans, heirloom seeds, generator and other off grid electrical generating equipment, fuel by the 55 gallon drum, and the list goes on and on. I don't think any investment in this economy is worth a dime. It's going to take more than I can invest to truly be prepared, but we're trying to do it in the order of importance. Food, shelter, fuel, ammo, etc.

We were hoping to move to our property and start living sustainably by fall, but alas, with no RV and my health in the crapper we didn't make the goal. But we're trying!!!

investing in gold and silver will hedge you against inflation but won't prosper you. Investing in gold and silver stocks has the potential to prosper you. Right now they are severely undervalued and have the potential for a big rise when people finally realize that paper money is doomed.

GP

• Upvote 1

I have spent every dime beyond my investment in Dinar preparing for a mass meltdown.

We bought property in the middle of nowhere, very far away from any kind of population centers, we've invested in long term food supplies that are nutritious, such as whole grains that will last literally forever if kept dry, beans, heirloom seeds, generator and other off grid electrical generating equipment, fuel by the 55 gallon drum, and the list goes on and on. I don't think any investment in this economy is worth a dime. It's going to take more than I can invest to truly be prepared, but we're trying to do it in the order of importance. Food, shelter, fuel, ammo, etc.

We were hoping to move to our property and start living sustainably by fall, but alas, with no RV and my health in the crapper we didn't make the goal. But we're trying!!!

You and your family are so fortunate for planning so far in advance! That's awesome. I want to do the same when I get back from Japan (though my wife thinks I'm a little crazy >_<). I hope the RV happens soon, but more that your health improves. I'll send up a prayer for you for what it's worth.

investing in gold and silver will hedge you against inflation but won't prosper you. Investing in gold and silver stocks has the potential to prosper you. Right now they are severely undervalued and have the potential for a big rise when people finally realize that paper money is doomed.

GP

I wish I would have thoguht about getting gold and silver stocks before they rose in price. I think I'll look into it, though. Thanks for the input.

You may be right. I don't trust money changers either.

However, this came out due to the 13-F report that was filed with the SEC.

I can't give you financial advice, but the only "paper" I have is enough in a checking account to cover the very small amount of monthly bills I do have, and some Dinar. No 401k and I have been outta the stock market for nearly 3 years. Moved most of it in to gold, silver coins and... ammo.

Maybe I am joking about the ammo... maybe not.

:blink: . . . . . :twothumbs: Good stuff!

GP

Being that gold and silver both are trading at more than twice my average price paid, in just a few short years, I've already prospered.

Stocks can be, and are being, manipulated. You want physical gold and silver.

When the SHTF, your paper (stock certificates) will not be worth the paper they are printed on.

My gold and silver coins will taken for trade on most anything that may still be available then.

You some kinda stock broker?

GP

grand pubah, the ability to do this would be emense for me, because pulling money out of 401k's I would lose almost 50% of my investment, but.... When the sytem goes down, anything we have in paper (ie stock certificates) there is a potential to lose 100%. this is my delima... What to do what to do?