Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Asia Cell Communications Listed on the Iraq Stock Exchange

Bypassing all the obstacles

Asiacell Communications listed on the Iraq Stock Exchange

July 2012 announced Asiacell communications included in the Iraqi market for securities after obtaining approval from the Securities Commission in its resolution adopted at its eighth in 2012. The move comes in implementation of the terms of the grant the work permit agreement between Asiacell and the media and communications.

And said Faruk Mustafa Rasool, Chief Commissioner said that despite the difficulties and obstacles faced by the company in its transformation into a private joint stock company and taking approvals to enter the market, but the insistence of the company to reach this goal led to the access to this important stage, indicating that the inclusion of Asiacell is the first of its kind in the Iraqi market for securities of the mobile operators.

And added the managing director said: "The inclusion of companies in the market provides them with many benefits and advantages that are not available outside the market in terms of public knowledge of and follow-up activities and investment in shares, which will affect positively on the open area to invest in national companies and for the advancement of the Iraqi economy. "

And Faruk Mustafa Rasool said, "The work is continuing to supplement the measures necessary to start trading shares of the company and then become the first telecommunications company whose shares are traded in the market and also to Nnttalaa greater contribution in the expansion of economic activity in Iraq."

This is great news. Now we wait and see what the IPO is once the ISX beings trading again. Now the question is: Buy the IPO, or wait a week or two. Generally, IPO's are over priced and drop quickly: Google, Facebook, Amazon, all fell after their IPO.

Good luck!

• Upvote 4

Bypassing all the obstacles

Asiacell Communications listed on the Iraq Stock Exchange

July 2012 announced Asiacell communications included in the Iraqi market for securities after obtaining approval from the Securities Commission in its resolution adopted at its eighth in 2012. The move comes in implementation of the terms of the grant the work permit agreement between Asiacell and the media and communications.

And said Faruk Mustafa Rasool, Chief Commissioner said that despite the difficulties and obstacles faced by the company in its transformation into a private joint stock company and taking approvals to enter the market, but the insistence of the company to reach this goal led to the access to this important stage, indicating that the inclusion of Asiacell is the first of its kind in the Iraqi market for securities of the mobile operators.

And added the managing director said: "The inclusion of companies in the market provides them with many benefits and advantages that are not available outside the market in terms of public knowledge of and follow-up activities and investment in shares, which will affect positively on the open area to invest in national companies and for the advancement of the Iraqi economy. "

And Faruk Mustafa Rasool said, "The work is continuing to supplement the measures necessary to start trading shares of the company and then become the first telecommunications company whose shares are traded in the market and also to Nnttalaa greater contribution in the expansion of economic activity in Iraq."

This is great news. Now we wait and see what the IPO is once the ISX beings trading again. Now the question is: Buy the IPO, or wait a week or two. Generally, IPO's are over priced and drop quickly: Google, Facebook, Amazon, all fell after their IPO.

Good luck!

Interesting enough, they are doing what they said they would do.

Awesome news, rightsonword! Thanks for posting this article. I'm leaning toward waiting for the initial IPO to pass -but I wonder if it works differently with the ISX than the NY stock exchange with IPO's. Don't know. But I know many of us have been waiting for a LONG time. Great find. And good luck to you. Thanks!

Awesome news, rightsonword! Thanks for posting this article. I'm leaning toward waiting for the initial IPO to pass -but I wonder if it works differently with the ISX than the NY stock exchange with IPO's. Don't know. But I know many of us have been waiting for a LONG time. Great find. And good luck to you. Thanks!

It may be different, I'm not sure. I know some stocks have dropped big time, BDSI for example, since their IPO, but I don't believe this to be the case for all IPOs. Whether I buy the IPO will personally depend on the price. If it's low, I might not mind getting it, but if it's high, I'll wait it out.

Rightsonword, is the ISX closed during Ramadan? I've just visited its website and can't seem to find any info regarding the date it will open for business. Thanks!

Goo question. I can't find any info about it being close, but wouldn't be surprise if it was. We'll find out Sunday, for sure, though.

Per info from my broker the ISX is still trading during the whole month of Ramadan. I think I am going to wait out on investing in the telecommunication IPOs. Even if we wait and it continues to rise and then invest we are still investing at ground level. The ISX has very great potential the companies on it are represented by a currency that is way undervalued therefore their stocks are undervalued. So when the correct value is given to the dinar and the dirty float is removed that is when we will make our gains. I have a feeling though that us small people are going to have to wait until after the IPO.

Edited by matthew6:19-21
  • Upvote 2

Per info from my broker the ISX is still trading during the whole month of Ramadan. I think I am going to wait out on investing in the telecommunication IPOs. Even if we wait and it continues to rise and then invest we are still investing at ground level. The ISX has very great potential the companies on it are represented by a currency that is way undervalued therefore their stocks are undervalued. So when the correct value is given to the dinar and the dirty float is removed that is when we will make our gains. I have a feeling though that us small people are going to have to wait until after the IPO.

Ah, thank you for the info. I think you may be right about the IPO as well. I was hoping AsiaCell would be actively listed per the article, but I guess we have to wait a short time more for the trading to begin. I sometimes wonder if they are waiting for the new denoms to come out.

Great name, btw.

Edited by rightsonword

I often wonder how many ISX investors have actually read company Law No. 21/1997, in particular Article33.

Article 33: The shareholder is answerable to the company's debts to the extent of the

nominal value of the shares he owns.

That is great news from where I stand... A company can say look at all this support I have in my share holders...that is the actual value of my company.

So ya if they go under they can offer your shares as payment but it's not like your shares are linked thru some big hydra where some crazy thing happens with company a and now they want you to sell your company b to pay it off.

• Upvote 1

I often wonder how many ISX investors have actually read company Law No. 21/1997, in particular Article33.

Article 33: The shareholder is answerable to the company's debts to the extent of the

nominal value of the shares he owns.

OK, so what's your point? We lose our shares if a company goes under or has debts to pay, just like any other stock exchange where the value of a share goes down if a company is doing badly.

That is great news from where I stand... A company can say look at all this support I have in my share holders...that is the actual value of my company.

So ya if they go under they can offer your shares as payment but it's not like your shares are linked thru some big hydra where some crazy thing happens with company a and now they want you to sell your company b to pay it off.

Yup, well said.