Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Breitling

DocDinar.

7-11-2012 Breitling: I completely agree with Med's explanation "RIGHT NOW THE DINAR IS 1166 BUT THE NOMINAL VALUE IS .00086 AND SINCE CBI STATED THEY ARE REMOVING THE ZERO FROM THE NOMINAL VALUE OR THE THOUSANDTH, THIS IS WHERE THIS THOUSAND TO ONE KEEPS POPPING UP, THE DINAR IS RECOGNIZED IN THE THOUSANDTH THE USD IS NOT. BY REMOVING THE 3 ZEROS OR THE THOUSANDTH POSITIONS, THEY ARE NOW BROUGHT IN LINE WITH THE NOMINAL VALUE OF THE USD. NOW WHAT IS THE CONVERTED VALUE AFTER THE REMOVAL OF THE ZEROS? 1.17 DINARS = 1 US DOLLAR OR .86 CENTS." That is how I see it. They are going to come in at a buck or completely ignore the new currency & new money supply & come in at a lower rate. We are at the mercy of the CBI. Print in September, distribute in January, just below a buck.

• Upvote 11

I have a question to ask all, as I keep having a issue in my mind relating to the the removal of the zero from the IQD. Do not get suck on the removal of the zeros and feeling your IQD could be $1.17 USD or $.86 USD. Here is how I keep thinking this is going to go down.

If i am a citizen in IRAQ and i has a single IQD worth $10,000 (IQD), and go to exchange it they are going to hand me back in the exchange a IQD now worth $10 IQD. If I want the currency exchanged for USD they will then hand me back a $10 (USD) bill. Breitling has says every day they are looking to reduce the money supply. This process would remove the big bills a be close to a 1-1 with the USD, but you will get what the new IQD represents.

Again, being here in the US I take my $10,000 IQD to the bank to exchange once everything is ready and completed by the GOI. I will take in my $10,000 (IQD) and they will had me back a $10.00 (USD).

Yesterday, the CBI refered to their process as Turkey. Once Turkey removed the zeros fro their currency it 7 more years for their to be an actual 1-1 exchange rate with the USD. The Turkey today continues to fall against the USD. Everyone lost.

260px-Turkish_lira_exchange_rate_to_USD%2C_EUR%2C_JPY%2C_GBP_and_Ottoman_lira.png

I want this RI or RV as bad as anyone and no I am not a lopster... I just can't get out of my mind that this is real and going to be how this whole thing goes down. Shabibi comes out a total winner and is best economist in the world. And we all have a $10 USD in our pocket.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I have a question to ask all, as I keep having a issue in my mind relating to the the removal of the zero from the IQD. Do not get suck on the removal of the zeros and feeling your IQD could be $1.17 USD or $.86 USD. Here is how I keep thinking this is going to go down.

If i am a citizen in IRAQ and i has a single IQD worth $10,000 (IQD), and go to exchange it they are going to hand me back in the exchange a IQD now worth $10 IQD. If I want the currency exchanged for USD they will then hand me back a $10 (USD) bill. Breitling has says every day they are looking to reduce the money supply. This process would remove the big bills a be close to a 1-1 with the USD, but you will get what the new IQD represents.

Again, being here in the US I take my $10,000 IQD to the bank to exchange once everything is ready and completed by the GOI. I will take in my $10,000 (IQD) and they will had me back a $10.00 (USD).

Yesterday, the CBI refered to their process as Turkey. Once Turkey removed the zeros fro their currency it 7 more years for their to be an actual 1-1 exchange rate with the USD. The Turkey today continues to fall against the USD. Everyone lost.

260px-Turkish_lira_exchange_rate_to_USD%2C_EUR%2C_JPY%2C_GBP_and_Ottoman_lira.png

I want this RI or RV as bad as anyone and no I am not a lopster... I just can't get out of my mind that this is real and going to be how this whole thing goes down. Shabibi comes out a total winner and is best economist in the world. And we all have a $10 USD in our pocket.

What u state is a distinct possibility and hopefully not what Iraq chooses to do.

This is why we are simply speculating on whether the CBI is lying about their intentions......cause they are definitavely talking lopping the currency.....we just dont know if they are going to follow through with it....

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 11

This is why we are simply speculating on whether the CBI is lying about their intentions......cause they are definitavely talking lopping the currency.....we just dont know if they are going to follow through with it....

If they do they will be screwing themselves and the international community. LOP makes no sense at all.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

If they do they will be screwing themselves and the international community. LOP makes no sense at all.

Nobody is screwed when a country redenominates any more than they're screwed when they exchange a ten for a five and five ones. The old currency is simply replaced with a new currency with fewer zeros but the same purchasing power.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Nobody is screwed when a country redenominates any more than they're screwed when they exchange a ten for a five and five ones. The old currency is simply replaced with a new currency with fewer zeros but the same purchasing power.

If they LOP, which they wont, with no rate increase yes everyone gets screwed.

How does it hurt Iraq and other countries?

[/quote

Worthless currency attracts less outside investors. How would a LOP help? Iraqi people would still live in poverty and we would not get payed. Pretty simple

• Upvote 2

Changing the currency allows a country reduce counterfitting, The terrorist will get destroyed if they start flushing tremendous amounts of the the current IQD. The GOI and the US will see everyone's movement and start to question how they got the money. Few bills make is easier for vendors, suppliers, and the citizens to transact everyday. ;)

• Upvote 1

Worthless currency attracts less outside investors. How would a LOP help? Iraqi people would still live in poverty and we would not get payed. Pretty simple

Outside investors don't care about the value of the currency as long as they can exchange it into their country's currency. Some of the largest economies in the world have a currency with a low value. The purpose of a lop isn't to attract outside investors or pay investors. It's to make it easier to conduct business within the country.

Edited by doctor robbins
  • Upvote 1

7-11-2012 Breitling: I completely agree with Med's explanation "RIGHT NOW THE DINAR IS 1166 BUT THE NOMINAL VALUE IS .00086 AND SINCE CBI STATED THEY ARE REMOVING THE ZERO FROM THE NOMINAL VALUE OR THE THOUSANDTH, THIS IS WHERE THIS THOUSAND TO ONE KEEPS POPPING UP, THE DINAR IS RECOGNIZED IN THE THOUSANDTH THE USD IS NOT. BY REMOVING THE 3 ZEROS OR THE THOUSANDTH POSITIONS, THEY ARE NOW BROUGHT IN LINE WITH THE NOMINAL VALUE OF THE USD. NOW WHAT IS THE CONVERTED VALUE AFTER THE REMOVAL OF THE ZEROS? 1.17 DINARS = 1 US DOLLAR OR .86 CENTS." That is how I see it. They are going to come in at a buck or completely ignore the new currency & new money supply & come in at a lower rate. We are at the mercy of the CBI. Print in September, distribute in January, just below a buck.

I hopped on board the end of 2010. Nothing, I mean "Nothing" has changed as far as this investment. I still have hope!

Turkey's inflation rate when they lopped was about what Iraq's is now, around 8%.

Thanks, that's what I get for listening to a friend instead of checking. I still think NO LOP though :rolleyes:

Turkey

1999 - 65%

2000 - 39

2002 - 45.2

2003 - 25.3

2004 - 9.3

2005 - 8.2

2006 - 9.8

2007 - 8.7

2008 - 10.4

2009 - 6.3

2010 - 8.7

Outside investors don't care about the value of the currency as long as they can exchange it into their country's currency. Some of the largest economies in the world have a currency with a low value. The purpose of a lop isn't to attract outside investors or pay investors. It's to make it easier to conduct business within the country.

If they LOP'd with no currency valuation increase there would be no business to conduct. Countries dont prosper with worthless currency. I agree with you that the only reason to lop is to conduct business easier. Other than that lop would harm in country and outside business/investments.

If they LOP'd with no currency valuation increase there would be no business to conduct. Countries dont prosper with worthless currency. I agree with you that the only reason to lop is to conduct business easier. Other than that lop would harm in country and outside business/investments.

Right now, 1 IQD equals US$0.00086. After removing 3 zeros 1 IQD equals US$0.86.

No change in value. It will not affect outside investors. Business will continue as usual.

• Downvote 2

Parliament and Fiance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar

26/06/2012 03:30

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121221-parliament-and-fiance-committee-support-revalue-of-iraqi-dinar/#ixzz20LMPDy25

Notice it says "revalue" not just that the project has value.

Thanks starlight. In the article you posted it says "The CBI has announced that it has finalized plans to remove three zeros from the Iraqi currency in order to revalue it." After removing the zeros they will revalue the currency. Hopefully @ or somewhere between .86 and 1.00. Everyone wins

Thanks starlight. In the article you posted it says "The CBI has announced that it has finalized plans to remove three zeros from the Iraqi currency in order to revalue it." After removing the zeros they will revalue the currency. Hopefully @ or somewhere between .86 and 1.00. Everyone wins

Here is the thing....when most lops occur, the new currency has a higher value...which is where the RV comes in.....so yes, by Iraq lopping the dinar, there will be a RV, but it will not be profitable for us....

Its a neutral event....

So no one gets screwed out of anything....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Here is the thing....when most lops occur, the new currency has a higher value...which is where the RV comes in.....so yes, by Iraq lopping the dinar, there will be a RV, but it will not be profitable for us....

Its a neutral event....

So no one gets screwed out of anything....

We would get screwed because we would make nothing out of the deal at the time. We would have to wait even longer for the currency value to naturally rise.

We would get screwed because we would make nothing out of the deal at the time. We would have to wait even longer for the currency value to naturally rise.

Yea thats true, we wouldnt make anything....but at least we wouldnt lose all of our money lol...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yea thats true, we wouldnt make anything....but at least we wouldnt lose all of our money lol...

Yes but I would be extremely pissed!! I hate being wrong.

Iraq never told you that you were going to make money by buying dinar. The gurus did.

I never thought that doc. I've been investing in stocks and currencies for years. I am prepared for any outcome. I dont listen to the gurus

• Upvote 1