Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Freebird Post

DocDinar.

Eastcreek, I bought my dinar 2 years ago. The CBI was not talking about a lop at the time. I thought there was a good chance there would be an increase value that would make a great profit, because it is undervalued. Even the IMF says it is undervalued. AND...It will go up in value, but not BEFORE they lop the zeros.

Since you seem to think that it is a sure winner..... Did you get a second mortgage on your house and spend every penny you had on dinar???? NOT! laugh.gif

I invested in the dinar 2 1/2 years ago and have followed it well over 5,and they have been dicussing LOP/RD for as long as I can remember. So if educating the Iraqi citizen is the plan as to why they have'nt proceeded,they either have alzheimer's disease or are very stupid and cant comprehend a thing. Same thing imo would apply for gov studies.

• Upvote 1

I have read that the average Iraqi has a 4th grade education.... Seeing how the people in this forum seem to have a hard time comprehending the whole concept of "lifting the zero's", I am sure it will be even tougher to make the people of Iraq understand.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I have read that the average Iraqi has a 4th grade education.... Seeing how the people in this forum seem to have a hard time comprehending the whole concept of "lifting the zero's", I am sure it will be even tougher to make the people of Iraq understand.

I accept both points,but also believe both are debateable. Best to you

• Upvote 1

billio0,

If you choose to believe rumors and conjecture rather than what the CBI has said they will do, that is your choice. I will hold my dinar with the hope that the value will increase AFTER the RD that I can get enough of a return not to lose money on the speculation. Remember, everything the CBI has said they will do, they have done.... Not always on time, but eventually they do what they say they will do. The reason they are saying that the process will be "lop-redenomination- increase value" is because they do not want to lop the zero's without warning and have a country full of people wondering what happened to their dinars. They are telling the people of Iraq that this is a "neutral event". Question: What "guru-pumper" has been right about anything, anytime, anywhere?

I'm certain you could unload your 1 million IQD today with a very limited loss ( unless you overpaid ) Maybe lose $100.00. Your time is worth more than that.

I for one have not gone through this rollercoaster to give up now.

CBI has never stated that it would not revalue their currency.

This is a well reasoned argument based on historicity. That's why I haven't been picking out my sports car, yacht and mansion yet..... However the scenario (with out solid evidence) that the UST and various other large entities are holding IQD while awaiting an RD/RV is about the only thing I'm hanging on to. I would LOVE to hear/read a debate between John and a few of the guru's. I'm afraid he just might own them, and because of that fact alone I doubt we will ever see such an event. I hope we all have a plan "A" working for us and that the dinar is just a diversion rather than a solid plan for enriching ourselves or a retirement. Still..... Go RV!

I think it's a given that the Iqd is one of most volatile currencies on the planet.

A safe place to '

Park money' is not in a fractious middle eastern country that's for sure.

Hi WEBUP, and thanks for your comment.

When I said "a safe place to park my money," what I mean in this instance of my IQD investment is that I can quite easily recover most of what it cost me to purchase. I do not agree that the IQD is "one of the most volatile currencies on the planet," as you so claim it to be. If that were so then none of us would be here to begin with trying to find out information about its value each day.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings I may have caused you.

Billio0, what government holds dinar? Not the US.... There is no record by the Fed or the UST that indicates any dinar is being held.

Please prove me wrong. Otherwise, I will believe what the CBI says rather than the rumor mill....Or the pumpers that feed the rumor mill.

Hello again UTVOLFAN,

To answer your question, I have no idea what governments hold IQD in their treasuries, nor do I know what large investors own it either. I don't proclaim myself to be an expert on anything having to do with Iraq or the dinar, and I don't have any secret contacts providing me with exclusive intel. What I do have is common sense, and a good track record of making wise and prudent investments over at least the last 35 years.

Also, whether you and those like you happen to be correct in your assessment of the eventual outcome of the value of the IQD via LOP, Re-denomination, or the "neutral event" you hold so dearly to matters little to me either. Personally, I really couldn't care less. But, as I said earlier, what I do care about is how you and those who share your views seem to feel the need to hammer it across this forum again and again as if it is truth and fact when at best it is nothing more than a theory, and no different than any other theory that is postulated here by those who have made a name for themselves in the process. If that is your true intent, then I believe you can rest assured that you have accomplished it in spades.

But, I hesitate to ask you a question or two. Who do you think here wants to hear such views? Who do you think that comes here each and every day wants to hear that what they came to believe was a way out of their financial situation instead looks forward to your so-called sound wisdom on what is eventually to occur with our investment? The point is, once you have said what you have to say about it is certainly enough, don't you think? Is it really necessary to continually harp on it as if your posts will finally make those who choose to believe differently give up on their beliefs?

As I also said earlier, I mean you no disrespect. I read these posts just like you do, and when I read that the CBI makes reference to IQD held outside of Iraq becoming a reserve currency I surmise that there must be a significant amount of it, otherwise there would be no point to even mentioning it. I also assume that those countries who have either forgiven or reduced the debt owed them by the former regime of Iraq also received something of value in exchange, and that being the same IQD that you and I hold in our possession. There is no distinction between these currencies, and that is why I BELIEVE that as such, we shall eventually benefit in the same way that those others who have more shall benefit.

Likewise, I also read in this thread your comment about the average Iraqi citizen having a 4th grade education. I could in fact challenge you to prove this, but I won't because it would be pointless. I also have other articles claiming that the average IQ of an Iraqi is 74, and is due in part to their inbreeding from the marrying of their 1st cousins, as was done by their religious founder Mohammed. Whether such things are true or not adds nothing whatsoever to our investment, and is no more constructive than the racism that permeates our society both in the past as well as today. I could cite plenty of examples, but again, what is the point?

To be blunt UTVOLFAN, I consider your tone to be negative and counter-productive to what most of us are here for, and would simply ask that you consider this when posting in the future. If I have offended you in saying this, please accept my sincerest apology.

Thank you

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Hello RESPECTRON,

Thanks for the Atta-Boy. I really try very hard to keep things civil, and your name says loads of what I am all about here.

Thanks again!

Your Welcome! wink.gif

Exactly! about my screen name. I have had that online screen name since 1999.

7-4-2012 Freebird: There have been many statements from the CBI and Finance Committee lately referencing the deletion of the zeros from the currency in Jan 2013. This of course does not infer a RV. Actuallly, it points to a redenomination if you take the articles at face value. However, the culmination of all of my research tells us that it is not in Iraq's best interest to remove the zeros without raising the value. Too many powerful governments/corporate investors also hold the 3-zero denominations and have invested heavily into Iraq. Too many debts have been forgiven for anything other than a revaluation to be the goal. The ONLY reason the dinar is at its current value is because it was devalued as part of a war strategy to help defeat Saddam's government (also possibly the first step in an ingenious plan to make historic profits). The justification for the IQD's previous value is still there and we are just waiting for the prime conditions to ensure the success of its return. Inflation and stability are key. The lopsters claim that all the dinar would have to be returned to Iraq but that is not the case. It will be held and maintained by foreign countries as a reserve currency. We do need to be realistic about this though. I see "gurus" claim that a large rate of $4-double digits is possible. That's ludacris; the largest RV in history was China at 30%. We need to put this in perspective and forget the hype. For Iraq to revalue from a tenth of a cent to even on par, or just less than the USD (initially) would make this the most ambitious currency reform project in history by far and presents a ton of challenges for a war torn country like Iraq which had to completely rebuild their infrastructure and banking sector. The SIGR report mentioned that after the political tensions are resolved, the goal for the IQD rate is to be just less than equal to the USD. I believe that is exactly what the rate will be. I believe stability is exactly what we are waiting on and I think they expect to have a deal reached on Erbil, Ministers and the Strategic Council by January, which is why we are seeing that date referenced. Hang in there, after 9 years we're almost there!

Dude, you just phrased what I've been trying to say so much more eloquently than I could have ever done. Great post +1 to you!

• Upvote 1

Billio0, This is an open forum. This forum is not for just the people that believe that the dinar will be a great investment. My opinion (based on what the CBI has stated many times) is as worthy of consideration as the RUMORS that you choose to believe. The reason that I continue to make my point is this: There have been several stories about people who got caught up in the dinar pumping hoopla that eventually led to them losing their homes, cars and their income. Every "pumper" story that you endorse adds to that hype. Because it is not what you want to hear, shows that you have no respect for a viewpoint based on information supplied by the CBI, rather than info supplied by the pumpers. I will believe what the CBI says. If you choose to believe the rumors, that is YOUR choice. I am not advocating that anybody sell their dinar. There is a chance that after the RD (neutral event) the value will go up in the one year that the two currencies "co-exist" and will be enough that people will break even after the exchange fees or maybe even make two or three dollars.

Apparently, you feel that if everybody wishes hard enough for this to happen, then those wishes will come true. Unfortunately, that is not how central banks operate. Your wishes, your fantasy, your dream is the last consideration that the CBI will ever have when it comes to what they do with THEIR currency and how it effects the people of Iraq.

I will continue to state what the CBI says they intend to do. You may not like it, but you will learn to love it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

SocialDinar, The CBI WILL revalue the currency!!!!! BUT...after they lop the zero's..... A neutral event. THAT they have said.

Thanks for the edification

Although I do know and understand what they have been saying.

Old dinar 1000 note will be exchanged for 1 dinar new IQD Both equal.

CBI has held the rate for 3 years, Should be 20% higher if it had been allowed to float.

Can you tell me why it stopped moving Jan 17, 2009?

They could easily revalue the IQD 20% which puts the dollar equal to the new dinar.

All three currencies equal. Easy math.

Would this dedollarize Iraq, Maybe a start.

I have never thought of this than anything other than a gamble. Not an investment.

I have Always been into the conspiracy theory part of this game.

Still sitting at the table and still have my original bet out.

Ive lost more at a blackjack table in a couple of hours so why get out now.

The news is part of phase 2 right? All these articles handed out by the CBI to educate the public.

No spin here just telling us what they will do.

But they could revalue, right?? Why else would you be here if you did not have some dinar.

Even Keep knows however small the chance is of some kind of RV, there is that chance.

If you think this will be a total loss not LOP but loss you should cash in and donate to a worthy charity

at least you would get the tax write off.

I have some cash on the table for my favorite charities and they are playing right along side of me.

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 1

Billio0, This is an open forum. This forum is not for just the people that believe that the dinar will be a great investment. My opinion (based on what the CBI has stated many times) is as worthy of consideration as the RUMORS that you choose to believe. The reason that I continue to make my point is this: There have been several stories about people who got caught up in the dinar pumping hoopla that eventually led to them losing their homes, cars and their income. Every "pumper" story that you endorse adds to that hype. Because it is not what you want to hear, shows that you have no respect for a viewpoint based on information supplied by the CBI, rather than info supplied by the pumpers. I will believe what the CBI says. If you choose to believe the rumors, that is YOUR choice. I am not advocating that anybody sell their dinar. There is a chance that after the RD (neutral event) the value will go up in the one year that the two currencies "co-exist" and will be enough that people will break even after the exchange fees or maybe even make two or three dollars.

Apparently, you feel that if everybody wishes hard enough for this to happen, then those wishes will come true. Unfortunately, that is not how central banks operate. Your wishes, your fantasy, your dream is the last consideration that the CBI will ever have when it comes to what they do with THEIR currency and how it effects the people of Iraq.

I will continue to state what the CBI says they intend to do. You may not like it, but you will learn to love it.

Here we go.......................another "I wanna save those that have lost.......................fill in the blank,or I wanna help those that are to naive to think for themselves. Boy thats original, Ok I dub the ..........................................SAINT utvolfan!

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1

SocialDinar, I agree that for ease in doing the math calculations the CBI may move the value from 1 USD= 1166 dinars to 1 USD= 1000 dinars just prior to the lop/ RD. That would make sense and it would be a 16% RV, which in the world of RV's is a tremendous amount (most rv's have been at 2 or 3 %).

And.... I might have been sitting next to you in Vegas while I lost my money, as well. :lol:

Expect the worse but hope for the best. but....be aware of what the rules are.

Caz, Thanks for the sainthood.... Trying to help other people is far better than not caring or not trying.

Edited by utvolfan
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

SocialDinar, I agree that for ease in doing the math calculations the CBI may move the value from 1 USD= 1166 dinars to 1 USD= 1000 dinars just prior to the lop/ RD. That would make sense and it would be a 16% RV, which in the world of RV's is a tremendous amount (most rv's have been at 2 or 3 %).

And.... I might have been sitting next to you in Vegas while I lost my money, as well. laugh.gif

Caz, Thanks for the sainthood.... Trying to help other people is far better than not caring or not trying.

emot-LMAO.gif

A few questions utvolfan:

I get that you are hell-bent for lop. So how do you explain the debt relief afforded to Iraq by the Paris Club and 22 other countries outside of the agreement? I get the petro-dollar argument in regards to governments, but corporations have no ability to use them. Also, what about the fact that members of the GCC are still holding out their debts against Iraq, and what of the monetary judgement towards Kuwait? Where will the money for repayment come from?

• Upvote 1

A few questions utvolfan:

I get that you are hell-bent for lop. So how do you explain the debt relief afforded to Iraq by the Paris Club and 22 other countries outside of the agreement? I get the petro-dollar argument in regards to governments, but corporations have no ability to use them. Also, what about the fact that members of the GCC are still holding out their debts against Iraq, and what of the monetary judgement towards Kuwait? Where will the money for repayment come from?

Good post

Thanks once again UTVOLFAN for your thoughtful response.

Apparently, you have no way to read or ascertain what i have tried to say to you, and seem to want to continually FALSELY accuse me of rumor-mongering and promoting false hopes. Just for the record (again), it is NOT rumor that the CBI plainly states their intention to make the IQD a reserve currency. It is NOT rumor that several countries have forgiven or reduced the debt owed them by Iraq. This is the ONLY basis I have used to convince me (ONLY) that I have invested wisely in the IQD since there is no distinction in the currency i hold in my possession, and that of those who shall make it a reserve currency. No rumor or GURU could make up these facts, and nothing you or those who support your theories can change these facts.

As an open forum you are certainly free to spout off as much as you choose about the myopic vision you have for our investment in IQD, and there is nothing I or anyone else can say or do to prevent it; or would I ever want to. Yet, you seem unable to also see that it serves no other purpose except to promote you and your views, and certainly adds nothing to anyone who comes here for ALL of the information that is available; not just the narrow viewpoint you provide. As I said before, I do not care anything at all what you choose to believe since you did not join in with me as my partner when I made my investment in IQD. Since we have obviously hit an impasse, I respectfully decline to further engage you in this discourse.

I nonetheless thank you once again for trying to find common ground.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And.... I might have been sitting next to you in Vegas while I lost my money, as well. :lol:

So let me get this straight? you joined about 2 weeks ago an you said you have been in this for years and out of nowhere you decide to join and start posting frequently umm well... how many times have i heard that on this board in the past couple years ive been around? too many to count youre not foolling anybody and like i said prior welcome back lopster another one on ignore :)

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3

Thanks once again UTVOLFAN for your thoughtful response.

Apparently, you have no way to read or ascertain what i have tried to say to you, and seem to want to continually FALSELY accuse me of rumor-mongering and promoting false hopes. Just for the record (again), it is NOT rumor that the CBI plainly states their intention to make the IQD a reserve currency. It is NOT rumor that several countries have forgiven or reduced the debt owed them by Iraq. This is the ONLY basis I have used to convince me (ONLY) that I have invested wisely in the IQD since there is no distinction in the currency i hold in my possession, and that of those who shall make it a reserve currency. No rumor or GURU could make up these facts, and nothing you or those who support your theories can change these facts.

As an open forum you are certainly free to spout off as much as you choose about the myopic vision you have for our investment in IQD, and there is nothing I or anyone else can say or do to prevent it; or would I ever want to. Yet, you seem unable to also see that it serves no other purpose except to promote you and your views, and certainly adds nothing to anyone who comes here for ALL of the information that is available; not just the narrow viewpoint you provide. As I said before, I do not care anything at all what you choose to believe since you did not join in with me as my partner when I made my investment in IQD. Since we have obviously hit an impasse, I respectfully decline to further engage you in this discourse.

I nonetheless thank you once again for trying to find common ground.

Great post

Sabbadude, DocDinar, Billio0 and Easy,

Easy, first I know you will believe what you choose, but I have never been a member of the forum until three weeks ago. However, you have given me a great ideal on how to return when I get banned!!! :lol:

I am providing a link from the CBI that gives a breakdown of the Paris Club Agreement. Link: http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=GovernmentSecurities

THAT is the agreement. Where is any evidence, documentation, or link that shows any other agreement? Debt between countries is forgiven quite often. In a court of law, I would win this point, because I have provided the evidence that proves my point. Oh wait.... A pumper guru said there is a secret agreement where Iraq gives up billions of dollars in debt, so they can go into debt in the amount of TRILLIONS of dollars.... It must be true!!!!

Billio0, the dinar could be used as a reserve currency AFTER the lop/RD/RV happens.... Why do you think that the dinar can only be used as a reserve currency if they just do the BIG RV??????

The CBI has stated their plan (lop/RD/RV ....in that order). They have said that the lira of Turkey is their model to follow.

Wait.... The CBI said that they would "add value" to the dinar.... That must mean that they are planning the BIG RV, right? But.... They can not talk about it because that would create havoc with the world currencies.... So, what ever the CBI says means they are going to RV AND whatever they DO NOT say means that they will RV their currency. EVERYTHING means they will RV their currency!!!! :lol:

I understand your anger. When people FEAR the truth they become angry. You fear that what the "lopsters" are saying is true. When you finally realize what the CBI is saying they will do with the dinar you will be able to look at this speculation with clarity and realize that NOTHING matters except what the CBI says. They say lop/RD/RV.

If they do something different that makes us money.. Great! But living in a fantasy world and wishing so hard and hoping that everyone else will wish hard with you will not change the outcome.

Look at the hard facts and put aside the rumors that you have fell victim to. You will look at this speculation with a much different view. Good luck, you are going to need it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Sabbadude, DocDinar, Billio0 and Easy,

Easy, first I know you will believe what you choose, but I have never been a member of the forum until three weeks ago. However, you have given me a great ideal on how to return when I get banned!!! :lol:

I am providing a link from the CBI that gives a breakdown of the Paris Club Agreement. Link: http://www.cbi.iq/in...nmentSecurities

THAT is the agreement. Where is any evidence, documentation, or link that shows any other agreement? Debt between countries is forgiven quite often. In a court of law, I would win this point, because I have provided the evidence that proves my point. Oh wait.... A pumper guru said there is a secret agreement where Iraq gives up billions of dollars in debt, so they can go into debt in the amount of TRILLIONS of dollars.... It must be true!!!!

Billio0, the dinar could be used as a reserve currency AFTER the lop/RD/RV happens.... Why do you think that the dinar can only be used as a reserve currency if they just do the BIG RV??????

The CBI has stated their plan (lop/RD/RV ....in that order). They have said that the lira of Turkey is their model to follow.

Wait.... The CBI said that they would "add value" to the dinar.... That must mean that they are planning the BIG RV, right? But.... They can not talk about it because that would create havoc with the world currencies.... So, what ever the CBI says means they are going to RV AND whatever they DO NOT say means that they will RV their currency. EVERYTHING means they will RV their currency!!!! :lol:

I understand your anger. When people FEAR the truth they become angry. You fear that what the "lopsters" are saying is true. When you finally realize what the CBI is saying they will do with the dinar you will be able to look at this speculation with clarity and realize that NOTHING matters except what the CBI says. They say lop/RD/RV.

If they do something different that makes us money.. Great! But living in a fantasy world and wishing so hard and hoping that everyone else will wish hard with you will not change the outcome.

Look at the hard facts and put aside the rumors that you have fell victim to. You will look at this speculation with a much different view. Good luck, you are going to need it.

so you havent answered why do you still hold physical dinar to break even? why on earth would anyone hold? if you believe what you write. At least i have stood by my word since the beginning have i NOT? so if you believe which you are describing on losing money then why not sell all your dinar and make a profit before this happens? and please dont give me a lame excuse, be honest. Believe this is NOT even a remote of my anger. A forum is a forum. Words are only words.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1