Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Think.

BigFrankD

w

a official conversion rate is exactly the same  thing as an official  conversion rate ..

You are correct.....an official conversion rate is the same thing as an official convesion rate.

it is a fact that the swiss dinar was given an official exchange rate .after saddam was removed .the swiss dinar was remonetized in 2003

Yeah so you keep saying.....show us.....show a link that an OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATE was given to the Swiss dinar.

THE OFFICIAL CONVERSION RATE AND THE OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATE ARE THE SAME THING . ..  IF I  ASK YOU WHAT THE OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATE IS  FOR THE BREMMER  ARE YOU GOING TO QUOTE WHAT SOME MONEY EXCHANGER IS  SELLING DINAR FOR .. OR ARE YOU GOING TO GO TO THE CBI AND LOOK AT THE RATE  FOR THE BREMMER ?

SAME THING WITH THE SWISS DINAR .. IT HAD NO OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES AT THE CBI FOR 13 YEARS . IF IT DID ,, MAYBE YOU COULD SHOW ME .

THE OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATE FOR THE SWISS DINAR   TO THE BREMMER WAS 150 BREMMER FOR 1 SWISS DINAR ..OR 5 CENTS IN VALUE  FOR ONE SWISS DINAR THE SWISS DINAR WAS REMONETIZED FOR THE EXCHANGE PERIOD  AND GIVEN AN OFFICIAL RATE .. THE SAME ONE I POSTED FOR YOU ALREADY .

Edited by dontlop

The official exchange rate for the "Bremmer" is 1166 Dinar to $1 USD. It is also 1 "Bremmer" to 1 "Bremmer."

There was no "official" exchange rate for the Swiss dinar. The CPA looked at what a Swiss dinar could buy and set an exchange so that they could buy the same thing with a New Dinar. No RV, even swap. It was hard for the CPA to come up with a rate because there was no official exchange rate.

I still have no idea how what happened in 2003 has any relationship to the situation in Iraq today.

Edited by RVPleaseToday

Exactly RVplease.....the CPA specifically used the word conversion rate so not to confuse. If not they would have stated official exchange rate which they didn't. Also the Swiss dinar was never remonetized like Dontlop claims. The CBI never said........OK.....anyone can now use Swiss dinar to buy items in Baghdad now. It was given an OFFICIAL CONVERSION RATE FOR EXCHANGE ONLY.

I think it would be nice, for once, for someone to actually provide documented evidence of what they are saying was actually what happened, versus saying something and expecting everyone to believe and accept what is being said is fact, true, or common knowledge....  To me that would be the BEST way to solve this argument one way or the other. 

-

• Upvote 1

I think it would be nice, for once, for someone to actually provide documented evidence of what they are saying was actually what happened, versus saying something and expecting everyone to believe and accept what is being said is fact, true, or common knowledge....  To me that would be the BEST way to solve this argument one way or the other. 

-

Sounds like a challenge to the debaters.

If I walked into a bank during the time of exchange, and I saw on a board within the bank Trade your Swiss dinars here 150 Swiss gets you 1 New Dinar and 1 Saddam dinar gets you 1 New Dinar.

Wouldn't we consider that an official rate? I think the debate here is both have the same mindset of a situation but once again are arguing about what to name that situation (official rate vs conversion rate)

Which is what makes these threads and the discussion somewhat entertaining.

When does it go back to LOP discussion?

Here is a thought....... If the country had a surge of dinars into their country (speculators dumping their holdings) wouldn't that hurt the market rate?

Wouldn't a R/D or even a more official fear of a R/D cause speculators to find ways to exchange their currency back for other hard currency. And the dinars would simply make their way back to the country - causing more supply than demand has for it which would hurt the market rate?

-

Dontlop himself has posted links to show that we are correct in our statements.

• Upvote 1

Dontlop himself has posted links to show that we are correct in our statements.

Oh, I forgot, let me also add, please provide the documents and statements at the same time, and your interpretation of the documents.  Don't be lazy, if this topic is that important, we want to make sure we have a full understanding of the argument that is being made, for or against.

-

• Upvote 1

With all the negativity being put out, here is something for you guys to chew on....if the dinar is going to LOP...or stay worth about the same as it is now...or go even lower...

Why was the currency allowed to be held by speculators in the first place...even as per banks being involved?...

Why was it made so hi-tech, as per counterfeit features....when it could have been made simple...like for lopping, etc?

Why did the dinar go up in value since it's inception, and many have long term gains right now...but as soon as stabilization started and with trillions moving into Iraq...then the dinar for the past appx. 3 years has been at an artificially controlled rate for the most part...so why?....so why did'nt they just tank it already...especailly if it was to be stuck in a rut for 3 years, while still haggling over it....or is there a plan?

Why has the dinar, if considered a worthless paper, which was to never be used again eventually, as some state...had so much spent on it, as per all the haggling over it...like the 3 zeros debates and studies, the voting, parliamentary decisons, etc., etc., etc...(if worthless, why not trash it, and move on and get more important things done)...as it looks like more has been spent on this worthless stuff...as it was in printing and distributing it...so why?..Could'nt they have already devalued and used the larger notes as smaller ones, or have already have come out with the smaller ones if they wanted to?...The small ones that they must come out with as some state...would cost a whole lot less than all of this deliberation and haggling over these big notes for so long would'nt it...at least by now?..or is there a plan we dont know about?...

One other question and theory...let's say the Lopsters & Naysayers are right...but a good hypothetical anyway here....

Lets say Iraq just went and made very hi-tech currency to sell to the world to beat everyone out of their hard earned bucks!...For profit, for the fun of it, etc!...lol..

Iraq has exponential growth with trillions moving in...but once they get the companies monies..they just take their money, their oil wells, businesses, etc.,etc., etc...and run them all off!...lol...

Since the IMF, World Bank, UN, US Treasury and pretty much all International Monetary Entities are involved in their return on the scene monetarily...with even pretty much all debts lifted, due primarily to all countries wanting resources that Iraq has....but now all these world money systems think it will be ok for them to come back on the scene with a worthless currency...at least as per driving this new powerhouse...whereby they have already had a powerful currency for many years when no infrastructure was in place like is being put in today...but they all say it's ok we are just playing around with the worlds money...and we dont plan on doing anything here...but we are all here and engaged with every facet of their being and every move that Iraq makes....as these global entites are just going in to referee the fraud that Iraq will soon be engaged in as per the public with the currency, the companies, the stock market, etc....as we are just going to see that their currency stays lower than toilet paper forever..so as to drive this monster in the ground that has been now built up...and to enjoy watching everyone suffer because we can?...B.S.!!!

The U.S. has spent trillions on the war as it is shown now, billions are still being pumped into their country...so apparently we must have a super great economy here in America, and dont ever plan on recouping any of our losses...as we just want to add insult to injury, by simply keeping on keeping on...by dumping more into a lost cause because we can..even though Bush said the war would pay for itself, or did he?....So, maybe we should just send a few more trillion dollars over there...as it wont hurt us...and let them send us some more toilet paper currency to sell out general public over here...we are all just having fun right?....Maybe all of this can go on forever, as Iraq could'nt possibly have anything we need could they?...We just went in there to play war games and get the largest companies in the world settled in to see them fall...and from all the superpower countries too...and some of these countries have dinars too...so whoopeee...there's the plan...build it and they will come.....and then watch them fall and lose their shirts and all their money..and anyone and everyone that were the biggest of the biggest got took and sucked in on this game!...wow...what a setup...the currency, the infrastructure, the stock market, the worlds largest players...all wiped out in the blink of an eye...after fighting for years with trillions to get it all established...

NOTE: IMO..THIS ABOVE IS ABOUT HOW STUPID IT WOULD BE TO RUN THIS COUNTRY IN THE GROUND WITH WHAT IT HAS GOING FOR IT...AND ARENT MANY THRIVING COUNTRIES ECONOMIES DRIVEN BY SOLID, SOUND AND VALUABLE CURRENCIES...AT LEAST THAT HAVE ALL THIS GOING FOR THEM AND COMING INTO PLAY...IMO..IF THEY LOP THEY LOP...BUT WITH WHAT THEY HAVE GOING FOR THEM...WHY?...THEY ARE NOT HAITI...AND EVEN HAITI'S CURRENCY IS AT APPX. 40 TO 1...WHILE IRAQ IS AT APPX. 1170 TO 1!...FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH!...

• Upvote 1

MUCH OF WHAT FOLKS THINK THAT THEY KNOW ABOUT IRAQ AND WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON.....IS B.S.!...EVEN THE TRUE INTENT AND PROTOCOLS OF BANKS AND THIS CURRENCY IS NOT TYPICAL & NORMAL BY ANY MEANS...I AM NOT SAYING I KNOW IT ALL...BUT WE WILL PROBABLY NEVER UNDERSTAND ALL OF THIS...IF ANYONE KNEW IT ALL...NONE WOULD BE ON HERE TO START WITH...

MY FRIENDS...MUCH OF WHAT WE ARE SHOWN IS A SNOW JOB, AS PER THE REALITY OF THIS ENTIRE PLAN...

MAKE IT SIMPLE...FOLLOW THE MONEY AND YOU WONT BE A LOSER!

• Upvote 1

Sounds like a challenge to the debaters.

If I walked into a bank during the time of exchange, and I saw on a board within the bank Trade your Swiss dinars here 150 Swiss gets you 1 New Dinar and 1 Saddam dinar gets you 1 New Dinar.

Wouldn't we consider that an official rate? I think the debate here is both have the same mindset of a situation but once again are arguing about what to name that situation (official rate vs conversion rate)

Which is what makes these threads and the discussion somewhat entertaining.

When does it go back to LOP discussion?

Here is a thought....... If the country had a surge of dinars into their country (speculators dumping their holdings) wouldn't that hurt the market rate?

Wouldn't a R/D or even a more official fear of a R/D cause speculators to find ways to exchange their currency back for other hard currency. And the dinars would simply make their way back to the country - causing more supply than demand has for it which would hurt the market rate?

If an Iraqi had a sign up stating.....exchange your Iraqi dinar here for USD.....1220 dinar for 1 dollar. Would that be considered an official exchange rate? No....its a market rate.....there is a difference just like there is a difference between a conversion rate and an exchange rate.

Boy, all the negativity about what Iraq cant do....if I went by what some of you naysayers and lopsters say...I would literally be scared to get ot of bed in the morning!...lol...

You guys are really trying to scare folks away from the dinar, and for no reason, unless it is to get them to dump them..IMO...

I bought something the other day that cost $5.69 + tax, whereby a little over a year ago I bought the same item at between $2.50 and $3.00....yes, this is in the U.S. with the U.S. Dollar, so appx. half my dollar just DV'd or Devalued when I spent it via inflation...and the prices are still rising...so what are we getting at here...

O.K...Lets hypothetically say I pay 30% in income taxes, maybe more with state and federal combined....then I buy things now, that are let's say double the old price...ok, there just went 50% more of that money of the 70% I had left over after taxes....it wont take a rocket scientist to see what's going on here...what I dont understand is why a naysayer or lopster is not all over this instead of bashing an investment that has not lost...and has even had gains for some, especially long term...but their losing their shirt so to speak with the U.S. Dollar right now....through their own wallets....

So, with all of this said, not to mention, that the articles and news is everywhere right now about how the U.S. Dolllar will soon be devalued, and is even losing it's worldwide status and countries are dumping it, and/or backing themselves now with gold....yes, what's coming would be a DV...where are these guys on this information..why are they not warning us about something that is happening bad right now, that we have the bulk of everything we own in...that is even effecting them..as they cant not know....its coming out of their wallets everyday too...

So why would I trust one of these guys to tell me squat...as they need to clean up their own backyard before telling me I need to...at least as per investments...

If the dollar devalues...how much, who knows, but with inflation where it is already, it is devaluing now...but IMO...we could end up after taxes and inflation and then a devalued dollar...possibly only 10-20% left from the dollar...and then some worry about the dinar?...reatrded!...LOL...

• Upvote 1

All very good questions I have asked myself and others over the years.  I give you many ++++ for your contribution.

I also notice that people don't answer the points you bring up, whether it's on this thread or others. When you put all your questions together it makes you have to think outside of the box...and most are not looking at this as a whole picture.

Let me add one more to your list. Why did the US Treasury force Dinarbanker (Sterling Currency Group) to change their process on their cash out strategies??? :huh:

In particular these changes were enforced in and around late 2010 early 2011:

1. They could no longer open offices in Canada for cashing out their customers. They had previously planned for 3 large cities across the country for their Canadian clients.

2. They are not allowed to transfer to any bank accounts other than the holders of the dinar cashing out.

3. They are not allowed to transfer to any bank accounts of another country where the person cashing out is not a citizen of that country even though they may have a bank account there..

Why is the US Treasury so worried if this is all just a scam from the dealers and they never really expect any type of RV and cash out to occur? :huh:

With all the negativity being put out, here is something for you guys to chew on....if the dinar is going to LOP...or stay worth about the same as it is now...or go even lower...

Why was the currency allowed to be held by speculators in the first place...even as per banks being involved?...

Why was it made so hi-tech, as per counterfeit features....when it could have been made simple...like for lopping, etc?

Why did the dinar go up in value since it's inception, and many have long term gains right now...but as soon as stabilization started and with trillions moving into Iraq...then the dinar for the past appx. 3 years has been at an artificially controlled rate for the most part...so why?....so why did'nt they just tank it already...especailly if it was to be stuck in a rut for 3 years, while still haggling over it....or is there a plan?

Why has the dinar, if considered a worthless paper, which was to never be used again eventually, as some state...had so much spent on it, as per all the haggling over it...like the 3 zeros debates and studies, the voting, parliamentary decisons, etc., etc., etc...(if worthless, why not trash it, and move on and get more important things done)...as it looks like more has been spent on this worthless stuff...as it was in printing and distributing it...so why?..Could'nt they have already devalued and used the larger notes as smaller ones, or have already have come out with the smaller ones if they wanted to?...The small ones that they must come out with as some state...would cost a whole lot less than all of this deliberation and haggling over these big notes for so long would'nt it...at least by now?..or is there a plan we dont know about?...

One other question and theory...let's say the Lopsters & Naysayers are right...but a good hypothetical anyway here....

Lets say Iraq just went and made very hi-tech currency to sell to the world to beat everyone out of their hard earned bucks!...For profit, for the fun of it, etc!...lol..

Iraq has exponential growth with trillions moving in...but once they get the companies monies..they just take their money, their oil wells, businesses, etc.,etc., etc...and run them all off!...lol...

Since the IMF, World Bank, UN, US Treasury and pretty much all International Monetary Entities are involved in their return on the scene monetarily...with even pretty much all debts lifted, due primarily to all countries wanting resources that Iraq has....but now all these world money systems think it will be ok for them to come back on the scene with a worthless currency...at least as per driving this new powerhouse...whereby they have already had a powerful currency for many years when no infrastructure was in place like is being put in today...but they all say it's ok we are just playing around with the worlds money...and we dont plan on doing anything here...but we are all here and engaged with every facet of their being and every move that Iraq makes....as these global entites are just going in to referee the fraud that Iraq will soon be engaged in as per the public with the currency, the companies, the stock market, etc....as we are just going to see that their currency stays lower than toilet paper forever..so as to drive this monster in the ground that has been now built up...and to enjoy watching everyone suffer because we can?...B.S.!!!

The U.S. has spent trillions on the war as it is shown now, billions are still being pumped into their country...so apparently we must have a super great economy here in America, and dont ever plan on recouping any of our losses...as we just want to add insult to injury, by simply keeping on keeping on...by dumping more into a lost cause because we can..even though Bush said the war would pay for itself, or did he?....So, maybe we should just send a few more trillion dollars over there...as it wont hurt us...and let them send us some more toilet paper currency to sell out general public over here...we are all just having fun right?....Maybe all of this can go on forever, as Iraq could'nt possibly have anything we need could they?...We just went in there to play war games and get the largest companies in the world settled in to see them fall...and from all the superpower countries too...and some of these countries have dinars too...so whoopeee...there's the plan...build it and they will come.....and then watch them fall and lose their shirts and all their money..and anyone and everyone that were the biggest of the biggest got took and sucked in on this game!...wow...what a setup...the currency, the infrastructure, the stock market, the worlds largest players...all wiped out in the blink of an eye...after fighting for years with trillions to get it all established...

NOTE: IMO..THIS ABOVE IS ABOUT HOW STUPID IT WOULD BE TO RUN THIS COUNTRY IN THE GROUND WITH WHAT IT HAS GOING FOR IT...AND ARENT MANY THRIVING COUNTRIES ECONOMIES DRIVEN BY SOLID, SOUND AND VALUABLE CURRENCIES...AT LEAST THAT HAVE ALL THIS GOING FOR THEM AND COMING INTO PLAY...IMO..IF THEY LOP THEY LOP...BUT WITH WHAT THEY HAVE GOING FOR THEM...WHY?...THEY ARE NOT HAITI...AND EVEN HAITI'S CURRENCY IS AT APPX. 40 TO 1...WHILE IRAQ IS AT APPX. 1170 TO 1!...FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH!...

• Upvote 2

I have only posted in the lopster tank a couple of times. Mostly because I don't really have much to add to their comments.

I do wonder why someone with that outlook would bother to invest and waste their time on a forum if this was all just a scam and BS??? I guess it's just another one of those..."inquiring minds want to know"... :confused2:

Thought I'd inject a little humor into your day...

Rock_lobster.jpg

Edited by Goldiegirl
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Goldiegirl, the CBI (and, well, all governments, for that matter)  is trying to stop money laundering. In Iraq's case, because of their small economy, money laundering is harming them substantially. All those things you list that they stopped with the dealer are ways that money is laundered. 

IMO...these "dinar police"...that warn us of the risk of holding dinars, and everything that the dinar cannot do...they have to be trying to deter speculators...as per getting them to sell out...the profit is the same in buying and selling you know...if this is not it...why dont they explain what their personal vendetta is against the dinar?......

Many have already had long term gains...so we know we are not going anywhere...especially while already losing in the US Dollar...so those of us that have had gains...cannot heed this B.S. Advice they spout out constantly...

It's like these naysayers and lopsters keep putting more bubblegum in their ears....as I keep telling them...over and over and over again...that the finaility of this thing is not over yet...and until it is...why fret...total retardation?..lol...

Edited by 4aprofit
  • Upvote 1

4profit.....if you want to believe that ignorance then more power to you. What I fail to understand is why you whine and cry about people talking bad about your fairytale when you are so positive that Cinderella is real.

I have suspended Brazen's posting priviledges for a week.  I warned him and dontlop about not letting their post drop below the "disrespectful" level. 

For everyone else, if you haven't done so recently, plese go to the "Forum Rules" and refresh yourself on the "Overall Community Attitude" and "Inappropriate Behavior" sections.

-

• Upvote 1

Thanks Goldiegirl, I appreciate your open-mindedness and positivity...it seems that there are seemingly 10 to 1 of these naysayers to everyone that is positive on here at times....I thought this site was for folks that were interested in investing in this and trying to find out about the investment all the same...I guess we need to start a site for these naysayers and lopsters...especially since they outnumber the Pro-RV crowd huh?....

They need a site called "The Iraqi Doomsday Bloggers"....LOL....but oh that's right...they would only probably have each other to talk to...as without anything positive...they would'nt have anything to fuss over, except each others B.S!...and boy would'nt they really be in the dark if all we fed them for information was the gloom and doom from Iraq...and let them see nothing about all the trillions of dollars in infrastructure and oil and mineral wealth and developments taking place over there...they would be so unhappy from not seeing this, as per having something else to resist and to fight over...that the site would probably blow up and disentigrate overnite from them fighting amongst themselves..due to seeing nothing but darkness and gloom and doom from each others miseries....that each of them would be trying to make up something worse than what the other ones said, until it overtook them....lol...

• Upvote 1

Oh so you admit that there will be a "cashing out", because if not then there would be NO need for restricting the cash out process to avoid money laundering.

I don't quite understand how having a Canadian living in Canada cash out in a Toronto airport is money laundering, yet a Georgian resident can cash out at Atlanta airport and it's not money laundering. :huh:

I actually don't believe your comment that it has to do with money laundering at all. I believe it has to do with "hiding money" from the good ole USA. Makes me wonder why the UST wants to keep the Dinar in their country. ;)

Goldiegirl, the CBI (and, well, all governments, for that matter)  is trying to stop money laundering. In Iraq's case, because of their small economy, money laundering is harming them substantially. All those things you list that they stopped with the dealer are ways that money is laundered. 

Mark or shall I say Marcel...Hope my foot on the lopster is within the bounds...I thought it was kinda cute myself. :D

I have suspended Brazen's posting priviledges for a week.  I warned him and dontlop about not letting their post drop below the "disrespectful" level. 

For everyone else, if you haven't done so recently, plese go to the "Forum Rules" and refresh yourself on the "Overall Community Attitude" and "Inappropriate Behavior" sections.

-

Edited by Goldiegirl

Let's play the "What if" game for a second!

We have a few here that are trying to push the LOP/RD or no profit at all! For the most part are trying to push the issue that this is a bad investment.

Let's say you achieve your goal and get people to dump their dinar and this turns out to be the good investment that we all hope it is, what have you achieved?

You have achieved in stealing someone's dream, you have stopped someone from possibly being able to pay for their child's operation that is needed to save the child's life. Or the brother that only wish is to get his older brother to a place where he can get better medical help that could save his life. Or the single mother with the child with down syndrome the special wheelchair that the child needs but the mother can't afford after paying all the medical bills.

These are true stories above of friends that have shared "why" this would help them and they know it's a chance.

I have been modding this site for many years and have heard many sad stories of why some people need this investment even they know that there is a slim chance they will make a lot of money.

How will you handle knowing that with all your pushing of this as being a bad investment and these same people that I mentioned above sell their dinars because of all the negative talk that is pushed, knowing that it is now impossible to get the care that their loved ones needed. Then it turns out that these people could have made enough money to help there loved ones! I myself would not be happy knowing I was responsible for stealing their dreams!

I know that you are going to say that these people were lied to and suckered into this (as you stated you were). That is not your place to steal their dream as they are adults have made the decision to take their chances.

Know one knows 100% how this will turn out........not the so called pumpers or dumpers!

If you are so sure that this is a bad investment, fade away and let people dream!

Something to think about!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Bump

• Upvote 4

As per Brazen, or anyone else on here...I dont hate these guys...or mind his, nor anyone elses negativity...as it takes both sides to have a debate, conversation, etc...I am just trying...when I have time...to shed a little light on all this negativity...that IMO...is not the true meaning of this investment...at least as I see it!...

P.S...We know that many of these guys can just come back under another screen name anyway...or 10 more will take their place anyway!...LOL...