Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Withdrawing confidence from Maliki is final says Mulla

Withdrawing confidence from Maliki is final says Mulla

June 5th, 2012

BAGHDAD/ Aswat al-Iraq: Iraqiya Bloc spokesman Haidar al-Mulla announced today that “withdrawing confidence from Premier Nouri al-Maliki’s government is final” and the current talks are concentrating on “forming the new coming government and agreeing on its premier”.

Mulla told Aswat al-Iraq that the decision is final on the signatures level, national consensus and Presidency decision.

“We are now talking on Post-Maliki era and how to agree on the premiership that will urgently form the new government, so it will not be in Maliki’s hands after withdrawing confidence”.

Iraqiya bloc, in coordination with the Kurdish Alliance and the Sadrist Trend are endeavoring to collect 164 signatures to be presented to President Talabani in order to submit the request to the parliament to withdraw confidence from Maliki’s government.

He added that “there is an agreement that the substitute will be from the National Alliance, but the names of the nominees are within closed doors, not for the media”.

Mulla confirmed that the parliamentary sessions shall be held in time, and “no need for an emergency session for this reason”.

Close circles to Parliament Speaker Usama Nujaifi said today that the Parliament will hold an emergency session for demoting Maliki.

The source told Aswat al-Iraq that a meeting was held late last night in Arbil among President Jalal Talabani, Head of Iraqiya bloc Iyad Alawi and Parliament Speaker Usama Nujaifi.

According to the source, the political blocs completed collecting the signatures and handed them to President Talabani, who will refer the matter to the Parliament.

My link

• Upvote 4

This "news" is two days old and was already posted, although this article is dated today. You have to keep track everyday to keep it straight, if then, and it is tough do decipher. We are getting the most recycled news I have ever seen. I believe the recycling is so intense because of the secrecy of what is going on with negotiations. In this case, I think no news is good news.

• Upvote 1

This "news" is two days old and was already posted, although this article is dated today. You have to keep track everyday to keep it straight, if then, and it is tough do decipher. We are getting the most recycled news I have ever seen. I believe the recycling is so intense because of the secrecy of what is going on with negotiations. In this case, I think no news is good news.

That makes perfect sense.

• Upvote 1

“forming the new coming government and agreeing on its premier”.

“We are now talking on Post-Maliki era and how to agree on the premiership that will urgently form the new government, so it will not be in Maliki’s hands after withdrawing confidence”.

They are talking, just talking, it is always talking, only talk, talk, talk, talk, anyone know what comes next?

More talk!

• Upvote 1

They are talking, just talking, it is always talking, only talk, talk, talk, talk, anyone know what comes next?

More talk!

I am going to guess, but all their "talk,talk,talk" is going to develop into the end result of their plan, and that is to oust Maliki. IMO, this is a very important exercise for these politicians working towards democracy. It is new for them; a new process, and more importantly, a new thought process. Let them talk, let them do this right. They are following the requirements of the constituion. The upcoming dates for the IMF and UNSC will not change, they may be put off, but the current meetings on the 6th and the 15th, so I would think that the Fab Five are working towards their goal with a deadline soon.

It is not our business to know exactly what is going on,and I would think the Iraqi people do not know either. Their media is not reporting, maybe they have nothing to report due to secrecy, and we are seeing articles recycled more than an aluminum can.

I am going to take a walk under the blue sky and think about what I want to accomplish in the next six months, what new places I will visit, and what friends I have made here that I will be meeting for the first time to say hello eye-to-eye. We have so much to think about and so much to do. Forget the Iraqis for a minute and let them handle their business. They will call us when everything is ready.

• Upvote 3

Not until the fat lady sings.

They collected the names, will present to Talabani but no urgency to have a meeting...huh??? :unsure::blink::huh:

OK sure whatever. When he's officially out and someone else is in place I will believe it and not a moment before. The people of Iraq want him for PM and so does the USA.

We shall see in the coming days. Do hold tight though...I do love reading this BS because it means something is up... :P

Oh and thanks for posting KK... :)

• Upvote 1

I am going to guess, but all their "talk,talk,talk" is going to develop into the end result of their plan, and that is to oust Maliki. IMO, this is a very important exercise for these politicians working towards democracy. It is new for them; a new process, and more importantly, a new thought process. Let them talk, let them do this right. They are following the requirements of the constituion. The upcoming dates for the IMF and UNSC will not change, they may be put off, but the current meetings on the 6th and the 15th, so I would think that the Fab Five are working towards their goal with a deadline soon.

It is not our business to know exactly what is going on,and I would think the Iraqi people do not know either. Their media is not reporting, maybe they have nothing to report due to secrecy, and we are seeing articles recycled more than an aluminum can.

I am going to take a walk under the blue sky and think about what I want to accomplish in the next six months, what new places I will visit, and what friends I have made here that I will be meeting for the first time to say hello eye-to-eye. We have so much to think about and so much to do. Forget the Iraqis for a minute and let them handle their business. They will call us when everything is ready.

That's probably sound advice, but it's easier said than done for some of us. I am among those who just can't stop peeking in every few minutes to see what's changed. haha

That's probably sound advice, but it's easier said than done for some of us. I am among those who just can't stop peeking in every few minutes to see what's changed. haha

Well.....i haven't made it outside for that walk either! It is more of a mental than a physical exercise.

I like your attitude Kamel. :)

Its too hot for a walk. I guess I will sit in my garden and ponder.

Green beans do that for you? Lucky man.

Don't forget that Jimi Hendrix keeps the bugs away. Volume must be a 10.

I like your attitude Kamel. :)

Thank you SWFG. I like your attitude also, and your careful diagnosis of our patient, Iraq.