Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

‘ ’USA! USA!’ Victory Chant Deemed Racial Insult

krome2ez

And when they play Hockey -sometimes they throw baby octopuses on the ice-and that is Racism? give me a break- I f i was the opposing B-Ball coach i wouldve had my guys yell out--U-S-A.also- WHY because we live here to-I would think this wouldve brought A unity factor into this crazy country-WHY DONT YOU TRY IT- instead of saying -Hey there were Bagels on the ice- If you want Racism --go to the track-

not connecting the dots...

And when they play Hockey -sometimes they throw baby octopuses on the ice-and that is Racism? give me a break- I f i was the opposing B-Ball coach i wouldve had my guys yell out--U-S-A.also- WHY because we live here to-I would think this wouldve brought A unity factor into this crazy country-WHY DONT YOU TRY IT- instead of saying -Hey there were Bagels on the ice- If you want Racism --go to the track-

LOL! "baby octopuses" What are you talking about? Obviously you have no clue about racial issues in America. No, it's not racist to throw "baby octopuses", that's simply a ridiculous nonsensical analogy. But let me educate you a bit, throwing BAGELS onto the ice in order to make fun of Jewish kids IS racist. Throwing bananas at black soccer players IS racist, chanting USA to hispanic kids who are also Americans IS racist.

Really,, if you were the BB coach you would have your guys yell USA when the team you are playing is also from the USA?? A "unity" factor you say?? Hmmmmm OK, well that makes absolutely no sense, why would you want to be "united" with the opposing team you are trying to beat?? Thats like the LA clippers and the LA Lakers playing while the Fans are cheering "LA, LA", instead of for their team. This never happens, why? Because it makes no sense. Your position is not logical at all and AGAIN, it's glaringly obvious you have no concept of racial issues. Admitting OBVIOUS racism is not looking for racism, and denying racism is well,,,,you.

• Upvote 1

LOL! "baby octopuses" What are you talking about? Obviously you have no clue about racial issues in America. No, it's not racist to throw "baby octopuses", that's simply a ridiculous nonsensical analogy. But let me educate you a bit, throwing BAGELS onto the ice in order to make fun of Jewish kids IS racist. Throwing bananas at black soccer players IS racist, chanting USA to hispanic kids who are also Americans IS racist.

Really,, if you were the BB coach you would have your guys yell USA when the team you are playing is also from the USA?? A "unity" factor you say?? Hmmmmm OK, well that makes absolutely no sense, why would you want to be "united" with the opposing team you are trying to beat?? Thats like the LA clippers and the LA Lakers playing while the Fans are cheering "LA, LA", instead of for their team. This never happens, why? Because it makes no sense. Your position is not logical at all and AGAIN, it's glaringly obvious you have no concept of racial issues. Admitting OBVIOUS racism is not looking for racism, and denying racism is well,,,,you.

Well stated. That is for lack of a better term......solid logic. Take care. ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Funny how the 'USA! USA!' chant is demonized by the media as being racist, yet we completely disregard the part of the story where Edison High students/players/etc. were referring to the opposing team as the 'Alamo Whites.'

You won't find that on MSLSD or CNBC though.

http://www.urbandict...=Alamo%20Whites

How do you know this... where did you find?

How do you know this... where did you find?

I have family in San Antonio - cousins went to Reagan High. Alamo Heights has been referred to as Alamo Whites for awhile. It's fairly common knowledge for those in the San Antonio area.

Also, here's the local KSAT link: http://www.ksat.com/news/Racism-complaint-generates-nationwide-controversy/-/478452/9242816/-/12b0mpbz/-/index.html

I have family in San Antonio - cousins went to Reagan High. Alamo Heights has been referred to as Alamo Whites for awhile. It's fairly common knowledge for those in the San Antonio area.

Also, here's the local KSAT link: http://www.ksat.com/news/Racism-complaint-generates-nationwide-controversy/-/478452/9242816/-/12b0mpbz/-/index.html

Hmmm, ok so both schools have issues, so be it. Fact is the footage displayed chants clearly coming from Alamo Heights, and not vice versa, so how is this biased or "demonizing" ? Sure you probably have your handful of racist nit wits in every school and I believe you that the term "alamo whites" is used, but according to the evidence displayed it clearly wasn't being bellowed from the majority of the schools spectators as you are trying to imply. Plus making reference to a school being white when they ARE all white in reality is simply the truth. Although it's meant to be disparaging I don't think being white is a negative so to interpret that as a slur would mean you would sympathize with the idea that there is a problem with being white, which is is ridiculous. On the other hand alluding that hispanic AMERICANS are not american because they're hispanic is first and foremost untrue which amplifies the racial degradation.

Also, here's the local KSAT link: http://www.ksat.com/...bz/-/index.html

Sure there are pockets of town that one may refer to with racial descriptions. Like across the tracks!

Chanting USA is not a racist remark --- alone ---- if there is a competition ----- between countries. Public chanting USA was used for racial implications when 1 American school, predominantly white, defeated another American school, predominantly Hispanic. If the students were JUST chanting USA for patriotic reasons - well, it doesn't hold water!

It's not the worse case of racial implications - or is it because they are kids?

We may agree or not agree but let's keep it simple!

Hmmm, ok so both schools have issues, so be it. Fact is the footage displayed chants clearly coming from Alamo Heights, and not vice versa, so how is this biased or "demonizing" ? Sure you probably have your handful of racist nit wits in every school and I believe you that the term "alamo whites" is used, but according to the evidence displayed it clearly wasn't being bellowed from the majority of the schools spectators as you are trying to imply. Plus making reference to a school being white when they ARE all white in reality is simply the truth. Although it's meant to be disparaging I don't think being white is a negative so to interpret that as a slur would mean you would sympathize with the idea that there is a problem with being white, which is is ridiculous. On the other hand alluding that hispanic AMERICANS are not american because they're hispanic is first and foremost untrue which amplifies the racial degradation.

Actually, I never implied - or stated - that a majority, or certain percentage of Edison students 'bellowed' out the term "Alamo whites." I'm simply presenting both sides of the story here - something you will rarely get from the mainstream media. You even admit the possibility that the double standard exists.

Also, if you took the time to read the link I posted from San Antonio's local arena original link, you would see that Hispanics that go to Alamo Heights were chanting 'USA! USA!' as well. This puts to bed your theory that Alamo Heights is all white and that the chant 'USA! USA!' is racist, as Alamo Heights spectators of both races were chanting it.

Furthermore, I would LOVE to see the media's reaction to this statement: "plus making reference to a school being white when they ARE all white in reality is simply the truth" - when the word "white" was interchanged with Hispanic or black.

Lastly, aren't racial epithets used to be disparaging? Isn't that the whole point? Of course being white is not a negative. Neither is being Hispanic, or black, or Asian, or what have you. Are we to believe that because YOU don't deem something offensive it's not? Are we also to assume that if you find something to be offensive, then it most certainly is? You see the logic used here? Drop the double standard. It's sickening.

Sure there are pockets of town that one may refer to with racial descriptions. Like across the tracks!

Chanting USA is not a racist remark --- alone ---- if there is a competition ----- between countries. Public chanting USA was used for racial implications when 1 American school, predominantly white, defeated another American school, predominantly Hispanic. If the students were JUST chanting USA for patriotic reasons - well, it doesn't hold water!

It's not the worse case of racial implications - or is it because they are kids?

We may agree or not agree but let's keep it simple!

Believe me, I agree with what you're saying here. And I believe that's why the AHISD Super Intendent apologized on behalf of Alamo Heights High. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to believe that a 'USA!' chant in this venue was appropriate and not an attempt to slight a predominantly Hispanic school. I'm merely trying to point out that the opposition is getting a pass in the media because their 'Alamo Whites' chant doesn't fall in line with what the media is attempting to portray. It's the double standard typical of the American media today.

• Upvote 3

Believe me, I agree with what you're saying here. And I believe that's why the AHISD Super Intendent apologized on behalf of Alamo Heights High. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to believe that a 'USA!' chant in this venue was appropriate and not an attempt to slight a predominantly Hispanic school. I'm merely trying to point out that the opposition is getting a pass in the media because their 'Alamo Whites' chant doesn't fall in line with what the media is attempting to portray. It's the double standard typical of the American media today.

I with you - but I did not see the chant of 'Alamo Whites' but only a reference.

I with you - but I did not see the chant of 'Alamo Whites' but only a reference.

That's my point. The mainstream doesn't talk about it. It takes extra research to find the truth. Although, this time, it only took diving into the local news outlets to get a more complete picture:

'Now, numerous reports have surfaced that Edison fans were referring to Alamo Heights as "Alamo Whites."

Those people say that is racist as well.' http://www.ksat.com/news/Racism-complaint-generates-nationwide-controversy/-/478452/9242816/-/12b0mpbz/-/index.html

Actually, I never implied - or stated - that a majority, or certain percentage of Edison students 'bellowed' out the term "Alamo whites." I'm simply presenting both sides of the story here - something you will rarely get from the mainstream media. You even admit the possibility that the double standard exists.

Also, if you took the time to read the link I posted from San Antonio's local arena original link, you would see that Hispanics that go to Alamo Heights were chanting 'USA! USA!' as well. This puts to bed your theory that Alamo Heights is all white and that the chant 'USA! USA!' is racist, as Alamo Heights spectators of both races were chanting it.

Furthermore, I would LOVE to see the media's reaction to this statement: "plus making reference to a school being white when they ARE all white in reality is simply the truth" - when the word "white" was interchanged with Hispanic or black.

Lastly, aren't racial epithets used to be disparaging? Isn't that the whole point? Of course being white is not a negative. Neither is being Hispanic, or black, or Asian, or what have you. Are we to believe that because YOU don't deem something offensive it's not? Are we also to assume that if you find something to be offensive, then it most certainly is? You see the logic used here? Drop the double standard. It's sickening.

I stand corrected, you never stated they "bellowed", but the footage clearly displayed a one sided affair to which you are implying was not. Again your disparity in mainstream media coverage is backed by nothing more than opinion. I didn't admit the possibility of any "double standard" because again the double standard that you are alluding to is strictly your opinion.

My apologies, I didn't literally mean the school was entirely made up of white students, the team was all white and I'm not sure what the actual demographic of the school is, but I would guess it is predominantly white. BOTH links I read said nothing of hispanic kids chanting USA which would be absolutely ridiculous anyway.

I bet you would love to see that, it might validate your OPINION. it doesn't matter if the word "white" is interchanged it would still be the TRUTH! if a group of individuals are identified for being the same color when they are, you can't logically claim that it's false, regardless of situational context. What is false is implying hispanic Americans are not Americans.

So if being white is not a negative than why is it disparaging to be called white? The example link you provided regarding the meaning of "alamo whites" associates the term with being white and wealthy,,,,,ya, that's real disparaging and completely the same thing as calling a white person an "H" or "C" LOL! Give me a break bro.

Everything you stated is opinion and reference, and the actual footage doesn't support it. Sorry

That's my point. The mainstream doesn't talk about it. It takes extra research to find the truth. Although, this time, it only took diving into the local news outlets to get a more complete picture:

'Now, numerous reports have surfaced that Edison fans were referring to Alamo Heights as "Alamo Whites."

Those people say that is racist as well.' http://www.ksat.com/...bz/-/index.html

No... I did not see that anyone said "Alamo Whites" was chanted during, before, or after the game. Actually, a chant of "Alamo Whites" referencing the nicer part of town, is more of a compliment. If it was chanted to me I would feel accomplished (maybe).

dhr - frankly, I don't care what the media chooses to be important. They were reacting to a school complaint. I think the country has a certain balance.

• Upvote 1

No... I did not see that anyone said "Alamo Whites" was chanted during, before, or after the game. Actually, a chant of "Alamo Whites" referencing the nicer part of town, is more of a compliment. If it was chanted to me I would feel accomplished (maybe).

dhr - frankly, I don't care what the media chooses to be important. They were reacting to a school complaint. I think the country has a certain balance.

Well said

• Upvote 1

I stand corrected, you never stated they "bellowed", but the footage clearly displayed a one sided affair to which you are implying was not. Again your disparity in mainstream media coverage is backed by nothing more than opinion. I didn't admit the possibility of any "double standard" because again the double standard that you are alluding to is strictly your opinion.

My apologies, I didn't literally mean the school was entirely made up of white students, the team was all white and I'm not sure what the actual demographic of the school is, but I would guess it is predominantly white. BOTH links I read said nothing of hispanic kids chanting USA which would be absolutely ridiculous anyway.

How is it "ridiculous" for "hispanic" kid to chant USA? That in it self is a racist statement.

I bet you would love to see that, it might validate your OPINION. it doesn't matter if the word "white" is interchanged it would still be the TRUTH! if a group of individuals are identified for being the same color when they are, you can't logically claim that it's false, regardless of situational context. What is false is implying hispanic Americans are not Americans

Which you just did your self in the above paragraph.

So if being white is not a negative than why is it disparaging to be called white? The example link you provided regarding the meaning of "alamo whites" associates the term with being white and wealthy,,,,,ya, that's real disparaging and completely the same thing as calling a white person an "H" or "C" LOL! Give me a break bro.

Everything you stated is opinion and reference, and the actual footage doesn't support it. Sorry

• Upvote 1

@ Krome2ez

"How is it "ridiculous" for "hispanic" kid to chant USA? That in it self is a racist statement."

Really? Dude, again, you have to look at the CONTEXT. In a situation where an all white team is using "USA" to obviously demean hispanics, why would hispanics IN THIS CONTEXT chant "USA" This is not the same thing as hispanic Americans chanting USA at the world cup my friend Geesh.

Edited by solidlogic

Tell me. If there existed a neighborhood called 'Ponderosa Bluffs' and, because of the demographics of the area, people started calling it 'Ponderosa Blacks,' would you then deem it a compliment?

The media has a certain imbalance in the picture they paint of this country.

• Upvote 2

Read more closely, 6 paragraphs down: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/high-school-students-usa-usa-victory-chant-deemed-racial-insult/

"Alamo Heights Independent School District Kevin Brown apologized to SAISD officials for the incident, and said some of the students who participated in the chant were Hispanic themselves."

Right there for you.

and this: "Sure you probably have your handful of racist nit wits in every school and I believe you that the term "alamo whites" is used, but according to the evidence displayed it clearly wasn't being bellowed from the majority of the schools spectators" is what I meant when I said even you admit the possibility of a double standard. You state that you believe 'alamo whites' was said, but that the evidence doesn't show it.

Read more:

It might be time to broker a truce DV friends and move on. As always, just my opinion. ;)

GO RV, then BV

Hey, I have no hard feelings. I think it's important to provide an alternate opinion to the matter, that's all. I say as long as it's not personal, it's fair game. I don't think there's anything wrong with a healthy debate.

Tell me. If there existed a neighborhood called 'Ponderosa Bluffs' and, because of the demographics of the area, people started calling it 'Ponderosa Blacks,' would you then deem it a compliment?

The media has a certain imbalance in the picture they paint of this country.

dh, c'mon, would you?