Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

‘ ’USA! USA!’ Victory Chant Deemed Racial Insult

krome2ez

Tell me. If there existed a neighborhood called 'Ponderosa Bluffs' and, because of the demographics of the area, people started calling it 'Ponderosa Blacks,' would you then deem it a compliment?

The media has a certain imbalance in the picture they paint of this country.

Not problem with me... If it's nicer area like Alamo Whites.

Read more closely, 6 paragraphs down: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/high-school-students-usa-usa-victory-chant-deemed-racial-insult/

"Alamo Heights Independent School District Kevin Brown apologized to SAISD officials for the incident, and said some of the students who participated in the chant were Hispanic themselves."

Right there for you.

I certainly did miss that, my mistake, but never the less it is still word of mouth, and in all honestly sounds like damage control being initiated by the SI. The hispanic team obviously felt demeaned so it would be hard to imagine the hispanics who supposedly joined in the chanting didn't understand the context. Just sayin, it's not very logical.

High School Students‘

’USA! USA!’ Victory Chant

Deemed Racial Insult

If this is Racial then how would the american people feel if African Americans for Obama! African Americans for Obama! African Americans for Obama! was chanted? Just an example not intended for discussion.

My point is High school students chanted USA! USA! in the U.S.of A. Our own president of the United States of America is pitching this nonsense! Should we not be offended? Just an example not intended for discussion.

This is my OPINION on THIS TOPIC and I am by no means trying to offend anyone ( I am not raciest so it shouldn't). I am just using common sense in trying to understand the double standards that are taking place in our country.

I do respect every ones opinion on this thread and I WISH others would as well, agree or not. What is so very sad is that many people can't just give an opinion on the topic but have to rip apart every single persons personal opinion on the way.emot-hug.gif Some people need to learn how to agree to disagree and leave it alone.

People need to get along no matter who or what they are or what they believe. I for one, being raised to respect and embrace all types of people, are disgusted with what is happening today in our society.

Let's just get along and have fun with our adventure!! Goooo RVVVVVVVV!

Carlasmile.gif

• Upvote 2

Tell me. If there existed a neighborhood called 'Ponderosa Bluffs' and, because of the demographics of the area, people started calling it 'Ponderosa Blacks,' would you then deem it a compliment?

The media has a certain imbalance in the picture they paint of this country.

When the comparison is positive as with wealth and a luxurious lifestyle, I don't feel it's disparaging, it may be stereotyping, but every stereotype isn't necessarily a put down. For instance, look at ANY highlight footage of a black athlete doing something remarkable and you find MANY comments stating "Of course he can do that, he's black". Of course this is a stereotype that all blacks are athletically gifted. I don't find that particular stereotype to be a put down. If you feel that in this case the white stereotype of being rich and living the good life is a put down, then we will simply have to agree to disagree.

Great debate BTW.

High School Students‘

’USA! USA!’ Victory Chant

Deemed Racial Insult

If this is Racial then how would the american people feel if African Americans for Obama! African Americans for Obama! African Americans for Obama! was chanted? Just an example not intended for discussion.

My point is High school students chanted USA! USA! in the U.S.of A. Our own president of the United States of America is pitching this nonsense! Should we not be offended? Just an example not intended for discussion.

This is my OPINION on THIS TOPIC and I am by no means trying to offend anyone ( I am not raciest so it shouldn't). I am just using common sense in trying to understand the double standards that are taking place in our country.

I do respect every ones opinion on this thread and I WISH others would as well, agree or not. What is so very sad is that many people can't just give an opinion on the topic but have to rip apart every single persons personal opinion on the way.emot-hug.gif Some people need to learn how to agree to disagree and leave it alone.

People need to get along no matter who or what they are or what they believe. I for one, being raised to respect and embrace all types of people, are disgusted with what is happening today in our society.

Let's just get along and have fun with our adventure!! Goooo RVVVVVVVV!

Carlasmile.gif

They should feel the same as if they chanted women for obama or gays for obama or latinos for obama, or seniors for obama. It's simply showing support from a minority group thats all.

When the comparison is positive as with wealth and a luxurious lifestyle, I don't feel it's disparaging, it may be stereotyping, but every stereotype isn't necessarily a put down. For instance, look at ANY highlight footage of a black athlete doing something remarkable and you find MANY comments stating "Of course he can do that, he's black". Of course this is a stereotype that all blacks are athletically gifted. I don't find that particular stereotype to be a put down. If you feel that in this case the white stereotype of being rich and living the good life is a put down, then we will simply have to agree to disagree.

Great debate BTW.

They should feel the same as if they chanted women for obama or gays for obama or latinos for obama, or seniors for obama. It's simply showing support from a minority group thats all.

It all boils down to intent..... What was the context in this??? Why would a high school team be chanting USA, USA, USA after a win?? After all, since both schools are located in the USA, what was the need to chant USA???? I would think that if this had to do with school spirit then they would have been chanting the mascot or the school name. Is this schools mascot the Patriots??? Or the Colonials??? No, their mascot is a MULE!!!

I think some look at this on it's face and hear that folks got in trouble for chanting USA. If I heard just that, I would be incensed as well but there is more to this story...... Once again, it boils down to intent....

• Upvote 3

It all boils down to intent..... What was the context in this??? Why would a high school team be chanting USA, USA, USA after a win?? After all, since both schools are located in the USA, what was the need to chant USA???? I would think that if this had to do with school spirit then they would have been chanting the mascot or the school name. Is this schools mascot the Patriots??? Or the Colonials??? No, their mascot is a MULE!!!

I think some look at this on it's face and hear that folks got in trouble for chanting USA. If I heard just that, I would be incensed as well but there is more to this story...... Once again, it boils down to intent....

This is almost verbatim to post #10 on page 1. Look where that got us Stone. This is obviously a very contentious issue.......One I feel will never be resolved. Good post though, my friend. ;)

GO RV, then BV

Perfectly said.

What liberals don't want you to know is that nationalism is the natural enemy of diversity. Diversity is a concept the left espouses wholeheartedly...,divide and conquer.

The chant was nonother than to express the pride of America and what this country stands for. What diversity has done is take it and segregate diversity from national pride..., a common practice of the marxists. Thus, anyone who opposes natioianlism...,i.e. chanting USA..., USA...,USA... is a RACIST. All this stems from CRT (Critical Racial Theory)...,the doctrine obama embraces and marches lock step with it. It is anti Constitution.

Edited by parmenio

What liberals don't want you to know is that nationalism is the natural enemy of diversity. Diversity is a concept the left espouses wholeheartedly...,divide and conquer.

The chant was nonother than to express the pride of America and what this country stands for. What diversity has done is take it and segregate diversity from national pride..., a common practice of the marxists. Thus, anyone who opposes natioianlism...,i.e. chanting USA..., USA...,USA... is a RACIST. All this stems from CRT (Critical Racial Theory)...,the doctrine obama embraces and marches lock step with it. It is anti Constitution.

Are you actually serious? If so,,,, wow

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I truly believe PCism has gone way too far in this country but this was clearly not a case of nationalism...... As a father of 3 high school kids and one time 10 year high school basketball coach, I see this for what it was and the coach of the Mules was right in shutting it down!

The answer to combating reverse discrimination will never be more discrimination!!

• Upvote 1

@My Dear Carla, this is practicing common sense not non-sense!

Why is it difficult to see the common sense dimensions of a situation instead of proposing the conjunction "but what if", which creates senseless arguments/debates?

The steady rise in the number of hate groups in America — from 604 in 2000, to more than 1,000 last year. Those include anti-*** groups, anti-Muslim groups, black separatists and “Christian Identity” groups, which hold racist and anti-Semitic views that overlap with neo-Nazi beliefs.

How many are those folks are on this board?

• Upvote 1

There is no way these students got so wrapped up in the euphoria of victory that it made them so thankful to be American that they started chanting USA, USA, USA....... I have been in gyms where one of my players committed a turnover only to have the students from the opposing team start chanting "You let your whole team down", "You let your whole team down".... I've seen burnt pieces of toast thrown out on the floor when someone got beat to the hole...... Kids can be and are mean.... They typically do this to get a rise and a reaction.... Joking around in hopes of ticking someone else off..... Plain and simple.......

There is no way these students got so wrapped up in the euphoria of victory that it made them so thankful to be American that they started chanting USA, USA, USA....... I have been in gyms where one of my players committed a turnover only to have the students from the opposing team start chanting "You let your whole team down", "You let your whole team down".... I've seen burnt pieces of toast thrown out on the floor when someone got beat to the hole...... Kids can be and are mean.... They typically do this to get a rise and a reaction.... Joking around in hopes of ticking someone else off..... Plain and simple.......

When you state it like that, it makes this situation seem more "insensitive" than "racial"....and I can live with that. In my rural area of the midwest, we have two communities that have been competing against one another in sports for over a hundred years. One of the towns being the county seat and home to wealthier business families, the other, a farming community with many more blue collar folk. It is quite common to be at a game and hear "Go back to your trailer park" chanted. It is not meant to be anything other than mean and belittling. Kids can and will be evil, if left unchecked, or incited by their hormonal friends. I agree with you Stone, when you say "what is the intent". I think that speaks volumes. ;)

GO RV, then BV

Thus, anyone who opposes natioianlism...,i.e. chanting USA..., USA...,USA... is a RACIST.

Parmenio, just to be clear here, should this sentence read: Thus, anyone "who is for/ supports" nationalism...., ie. chanting USA..., USA..., USA... is a RACIST?

Rather than "opposes?"

Nope. <_<

GO RV, then BV

To add to my previous post:

It is no longer good enough to beat your opponent... now athletes and fans want to demoralize and humiliate their opponent.... My biggest pet peeve is when you see a kid tackle a RB or a WR down the field and jump up acting like he just did something huge.... I want to yell "YOU JUST GAVE UP A 20 YARD PLAY!!!! SHUT UP AND DO A BETTER JOB!!!!".... Or how about the kid who dunks on someone and then acts as if he all of the sudden OWNS that person he dunked on..... All the trash talking and show boating that goes on in sports these days sickens me!!! I think this USA chant is just a continuation of that. It wasn't good enough to just beat the team, these fans wanted to demoralize them as well......

This crap all started with Ali..... How we lift him up to be anything more than a draft dodger who talked trash is beyond me but that is a whole new topic........

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah - he's serious... LOL

Thanks for your endorsement Cisco..., Pancho is looking down from heaven with a smile!

Don't remember any chants when these American TV heroes were on!! They were Americans giving the public some GOOD entertainment!

Edited by parmenio

Thanks for your endorsement Cisco..., Pancho is looking down from heaven with a smile!

Don't remember any chants when these American TV heroes were on!! They were Americans giving the public some GOOD entertainment!

Come on parmenio.... you and I are on the same side politically but to to think this had ANYTHING to do with patriotism is being blind to reality.....

Parmenio, just to be clear here, should this sentence read: Thus, anyone "who is for/ supports" nationalism...., ie. chanting USA..., USA..., USA... is a RACIST?

Rather than "opposes?"

In the eyes of the liberals if you chant USA..., etc., you are deemed a racist.