Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Najafi: Mon, date of vote on the budget

JustNTime

Najafi: Mon, date of vote on the budget

Friday 2/17/2012

The head of the Iraqi parliament Osama Najafi, on Thursday, that next Monday will vote on the budget for the current year 2012, stressing that the adoption of the budget delay caused significant damage in the areas of investment.

Nujaifi said during a session of the House of Representatives yesterday that "we have to complete all of our discussions on the general budget for the current year 2012 and resolve all differences which even called us the matter is that we continue until late hours in order to preserve the interests of the citizens related to the budget," asserting that "next Monday will vote against it."

Najafi added that "the adoption of the budget delay caused significant damage in the areas of investment and other sectors directly related to the interests of citizens."

The Finance Minister Rafie al-Issawi, in December of 2011, for approving the government to balance Iraq in 2012 that of 117 trillion dinars and a deficit of 14 trillion dinars, and the adoption of the production of 2.0006 million barrels per day and at $85 per barrel.

In a related development discussed the First Deputy Chairman of the House of Representatives Qusay al-Suhail with the parliamentary Finance Committee budget for fiscal year 2012 as well as laws in arrears to the Committee.

Suhail said through his chairing of the meeting of the Committee to the need to expedite the adoption of the financial budget as many of the projects and grades stalled due to delays in approval.

He called at the same time to determine the limits of time to send the budget as of the date sent by the government through the House of Representatives in discussing and voting on them in order not to delay the recurrence of the vote in each year.

He stressed on the necessity of setting priorities Mounaqlat financial plans to the House of Representatives to do by pointing to the need for the allocation of financial abundance in the budget for the treatment of cancer patients as there are substantial costs borne by the families of the injured person, which requires us to extend a helping hand to them.

In a related development revealed a member of the Commission on Security and Defense deputy governor Zamili block free allocations to the security services for the year 2012 Tkdrb $17 billion.

He said Zamili): The security budget is estimated at $ 17 billion, but adding these amounts can not meet a single contract from the Air Force contracts and air defense or naval force.

He added that Iraq Zamili sought to diversify its arms so as not to monopolize some of the countries of Iraq and impose conditions in terms of arming, equipping, and revealed that the coming decades that will be concluded with France, Russia, Italy, Croatia and Serbia.

And Zamili that the Commission on Security and Defence will open a fund for arming put the money allocated to the Ministry of Defense for the purpose of concluding contracts and that is very important for building the Iraqi armed forces because the majority of neighboring countries has become an arsenal of weapons and a smaller country with five squadrons of fighter aircraft and systems, alarm and control.

He explained that Zamili readiness of the armed forces is estimated at 50% and this result, Iraq will become threatened by the ocean and must support the armed forces at this critical stage.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.almadapaper.net/&ei=Ua0RT6StDePn0QHA79y3Aw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDgQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dalmada%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Dimvns

• Upvote 1

In a related development revealed a member of the Commission on Security and Defense deputy governor Zamili block free allocations to the security services for the year 2012 Tkdrb $17 billion.

He said Zamili): The security budget is estimated at $ 17 billion, but adding these amounts can not meet a single contract from the Air Force contracts and air defense or naval force.

He added that Iraq Zamili sought to diversify its arms so as not to monopolize some of the countries of Iraq and impose conditions in terms of arming, equipping, and revealed that the coming decades that will be concluded with France, Russia, Italy, Croatia and Serbia.

And Zamili that the Commission on Security and Defence will open a fund for arming put the money allocated to the Ministry of Defense for the purpose of concluding contracts and that is very important for building the Iraqi armed forces because the majority of neighboring countries has become an arsenal of weapons and a smaller country with five squadrons of fighter aircraft and systems, alarm and control.

He explained that Zamili readiness of the armed forces is estimated at 50% and this result, Iraq will become threatened by the ocean and must support the armed forces at this critical stage.

Sounds like a lot of fuss over a position that doesn't even exist yet... maybe one of the reasons for the delay is they don't want to allocate that much money, they don't know who will be running it and are worried about corruption.

lets hope they do vote on monday, i do not feel that the budget passing will be followed immediately with the revalue, but the budget does pertain to all things financial

i do feel that the budget will spark the hcl, if you think about it, the numbers of the budget are from all oil money, and the hcl is about oil money.

if the kurds agree to the budget, then in retrospect they agree to the hcl, the % allocated to them through the budget will be the same allocated to them through the hcl, so i feel the budget is huge for that reason.

i am sure it is posted on here somewhere, but a few months back the imf had disapproved of the budget, and iraq had to make corrections, it is good to know that iraq and the imf are on the same page.

the imf will have a greater impact on the revalue than some may think, the imf and world bank sent agricultural teams over to iraq in 2009 to survey the land so to speak, they assessed ground totals (oil-natural gas-minerals-gold). i am sure that iraq's new exchange will come from these studies.

i was reading on here that iraq was-is going to follow turkey, well i can assure you from an economic stand point that will not happen, the two situations are night and day, turkey was set back 3-4 years economically, and in the economic world it is known as a disaster.

iraq is doing a great job of reducing street dinar, if they were going to r/d this step would not be needed, what they are currently doing now is "lifting the zero's" off of the street, it in iraqs situation is the smartest thing they could do.

we are alot further along than what the iraqi news is letting on, the "lifting the zero's" step started 8-10 months ago, and in my belief there is only 4-6 or 7 trillion in dinar in circulation, well over 100 billion in foreign reserves, and roughly 35-40 trillion in dinar in cbi's vault.

• Upvote 6

Monday would be AWESOME to Rv. However, everything that I am reading says they still have WAY to much to do. I hope I am wrong (I am still learning ya know) but lots to do yet. Not to mention they have issues playing nice. Lets hope, but even if not............I am hoping March.....I could be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off :)