Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Political Tensions Delay Iraq Oil Law

yota691

Posted on 31 January 2012. Tags: hydrocarbon law, oil law

The current political tensions in Iraq are likely to delay the finalisation of a new hydrocarbon law for more than a year, according to Reuters.

“With these chronic political differences I can’t see any possibility of having an oil law this year,” said Adel Barwari, a Kurdish adviser to Maliki.

“If the [differences] were, say for example, 2 or 3 percent, I would say yes we could have a law, but the percentage is much higher. http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2012/01/31/political-tensions-delay-iraq-oil-law/ I think this is bs

Posted on 31 January 2012. Tags: hydrocarbon law, oil law

The current political tensions in Iraq are likely to delay the finalisation of a new hydrocarbon law for more than a year, according to Reuters.

“With these chronic political differences I can’t see any possibility of having an oil law this year,” said Adel Barwari, a Kurdish adviser to Maliki.

“If the [differences] were, say for example, 2 or 3 percent, I would say yes we could have a law, but the percentage is much higher. http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2012/01/31/political-tensions-delay-iraq-oil-law/ I think this is bs

That says it all right there ! puff....puff...puff

Quote;

“If the [differences] were, say for example, 2 or 3 percent, I would say yes we could have a law, but the percentage is much higher.

Kurt's say they are to get 17% of the Iraqi budget and at the end of the day they only washout at 12%....so they want the other 5%.......Now to me they are not that far off but......I think as long as the Kurt's are selling oil under the table to Iran they may be making more then what the percentage is.....and Maliki knows this.......now mazzz, your Einstein compared to these guy's,.... ;) ...... these are the real idiots fighting over a few percentages when they know they are both screwing each other.... :angry:

Get your shi'ite together and get it done.......you guys are true idiots.... :lol:

mazzz, sorry I made reference that you may be an idiot the other night.......my bad...sorry dude..

Edited by Stryker365

***///

If they cannot agree on this and cannot get the oil producing infrastructure up and running to a reasonable capacity,

does this mean we have to wait until they do...?

That could be never- at the rate things are going over there.

I get the creeping feeling that they'll unleash on one another and never be up to speed. Which would give Shabs

more time to diddle with auctions and keep the dinar plugging along, just barely keeping the folks alive and broke.

Just like them to cut off their noses to spite their faces over some tribal warfare bulls**t.

Wouldn't that just make Iran & Kuwait happy, though. :angry:

Please, someone jump in here and tell me how wrong I am about this:

I NEED A 'STUPID NEWS OUT OF IRAQ' EXORCISM THIS MORNING!

(Sarge be sad... :( )

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ

I've been thinking for the last four months that Iraq will not RV till Maliki consolidates power. If right -the earliest would be April -May. Most likely June. I've lived in third world countries for over 20 years and three coups. It hyas always been consolidate power first. Can't see why Iraq would be different.

I do hope I am wrong.

***///

If they cannot agree on this and cannot get the oil producing infrastructure up and running to a reasonable capacity,

does this mean we have to wait until they do...?

That could be never- at the rate things are going over there.

I get the creeping feeling that they'll unleash on one another and never be up to speed. Which would give Shabs

more time to diddle with auctions and keep the dinar plugging along, just barely keeping the folks alive and broke.

Just like them to cut off their noses to spite their faces over some tribal warfare bulls**t.

Wouldn't that just make Iran & Kuwait happy, though. :angry:

Please, someone jump in here and tell me how wrong I am about this:

I NEED A 'STUPID NEWS OUT F IRAQ' EXORCISM THIS MORNING!

(Sarge be sad... :( )

Sarge, you could be right but I don't think so....they got to get something done because inflation is catching up to them and Shabibi's auction's are got to be coming to the end because of the other restrictions on bordering countries...hence Iran & Syria...US must want these auctions to stop....IMO

Lets hope this is the case anyway.......if so RV will happen...

I've been thinking for the last four months that Iraq will not RV till Maliki consolidates power. If right -the earliest would be April -May. Most likely June. I've lived in third world countries for over 20 years and three coups. It hyas always been consolidate power first. Can't see why Iraq would be different.

I do hope I am wrong.

Me too....and you could be right....I do think that Allawi and his party in Parliament today could be a good sign in the right direction.....on the other hand they could kill each other today too.....we will see...but I really think we are closer than we have ever been because of all the other issues going on around them......

Sometimes I am comforted by what I don’t know, and this is one of those times. Allawi didn’t bring his crew back to the table just because he likes Joe Biden. There had to be some give and take on his and Maliki’s part to get the train back on the track, which leads me to consider there may be a lot more agreements in the pipeline than they are letting on. Fortunately, there are a lot of very smart people on this forum that see past the smoke (a lot lately) into the fire.

I do hope I am wrong.

***///

Ditto here, old friend.

My own experiences being in-country during overthrows, coups, etc makes me as gun-shy as a bunny.

It's strange familiarity is depressing. <_<

Sometimes I am comforted by what I don’t know, and this is one of those times. Allawi didn’t bring his crew back to the table just because he likes Joe Biden. There had to be some give and take on his and Maliki’s part to get the train back on the track, which leads me to consider there may be a lot more agreements in the pipeline than they are letting on. Fortunately, there are a lot of very smart people on this forum that see past the smoke (a lot lately) into the fire.

***///

You're right about a motivating factor other than biden...

wish I knew exactly what it was so I'd have a better guage to get a bead on this thing.

If allowing the dinar to gain momentum slowly in-country to avoid shocking the frail economy,

then I believe some of ya''ll here are correct about the Summer time line.