Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Welfare Recepients

Joker017

Thank you FlintNPebbles. Yes--I am active in giving back. It has been an experience for sure. Thanks for your kind words. A lot of hate around here.

JOKER- I, too, was stating my opinion. You took it to a new level. Little JUDGMENTAL.

Actually, Her father tragically died. And yes. We were married. Low Blow. I need not deliver you the back story. And I won't judge you for your no longer being married and all the things you wrote about because I'll choose not to be hateful and judgmental. Words can cut like knives. And yes my daughter has EVERYthing to do with this. And no I did NOT go to college on the tax payers dime. I went on scholarship and paid the rest. And don't tell me about Veterans and sacrifice. My husband is a Navy Captain, My entire family lives in Ft. Hood and I've lost a half dozen friends between Iraq and Afghanistan. And yes. During all of this I VOTED. AS IS MY RIGHT EVEN IF I DID HAVE GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE FOR A BRIEF PERIOD. SHOULD I HAVE LET MY DAUGHTER DIE BECAUSE I COULDNT PAY FOR MEDICAL? Right. I guess in your eyes it would have been better to drop out of college and work 20 hours a day, have someone else raise my child and never make a real living. I fought my way out and you berate me!? f off!

Never acted full of myself in my post as you proclaim. Simply stated I felt I could get by without foodstamps, (I didn't say I had too much pride--that is what YOU said which may be why you are so angry), though I am sure I qualified. Did I ask for a round of applause? NO. And I don't work in a fancy Law Firm (if you really want to know, read my profile)--I chose to continue thru Law School when my daughter is older so I can be with her more during the tender and precious years that too quickly fly by. You have a daughter I am sure you know how fast it goes by. I chose a different career path for now and I am glad I did. No I don't vote for the Obamas of the world and I think we are screwed if he's re-elected...but I will tell you this:

I don't vote for people who proclaim to be so "Pro-Life" but then when something occurs and that mother can't afford to feed her baby said people turn their back on that child.

Furthermore--I don't hide behind my computer. It just happens to be, like the rest of us, where I am seated. Would it make you feel better if we skyped?

Your nastiness was unwarranted. Your judgments were wrong. I am shocked that you were so hateful about my life which you knew only a few pieces of before you attacked my character in every possible way. Because I feel it's okay to maintain the right to vote during a hard time in my life. Wow.

I know too about pre-existing conditions. For 3 years I paid $900/month for medications. Yeah. It is hard. I can relate. My daughter was also very ill and she too was denied insurance for "Pre-Existing" conditions.

And don't end such a nasty post with "sorry if I hurt your feelings..." No you're not. Or you wouldn't have hit "Add Reply."

Now I'll hit ignore because quite frankly I cannot deal with such low blows. A word of advice:Always treat everyone with kindness, for you never know who is fighting a harder battle than you.

JREDinars,

My response to your post was in no way a personal attack. My response was based entirely on the information and opinions you revealed in your response! Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it state in the Bible, Give a man a Fish and Feed him for a Day, Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. So what do we do when the man has been taught to fish but he'd rather sit on his a** all day playing video games & smoking Dope? According to your opinion we should forgive this man of his laziness and continue to give him a fish day after day after day.... What would you do when all this giving each day starts to take the food out of your young daughters mouth? (kind of like our economy) What then? You gave an opinion but no solution as to how to back up your opinion or really any reason as to why we should continue to feed the lazy. I'm sorry for the loss of your husband and am very glad you have pulled yourself up and out of the welfare system. You deserve the right to Vote but that Lazy Son of a Gun who refuses to fish, shouldn't have the right to Vote. But then again that's just my opinion and I believe that's also considered a right in this country unfortunately even for the lazy. My Best to you and your Daughter... And by the way I don't think that myself or anyone else here in this thread said anything about taking away the lazy guys welfare, Only, his right to vote if he is receiving welfare. If he wants to vote then get a job and financially support the Government and the issues he is voting for!

Wow, I really got caught up in this one, and I have to say, there sure are alot of mean, arrogant, and hard hearted people in this world. Jesus told us to take care of the poor and feed the hungry, and anyone that thinks they are better than someone else because they have more material goods than others, had better do some serious reassessments before they meet their maker.

Well said. And I completely agree. Jesus wants us to help other, to help the sick, help the poor...but it seems that many think if you happen to experience grave tragedy and have to get help then you are a criminal scumbag with no integrity and further more-don't deserve the right to vote. I find that very very sad. And not all people who are on some sort of welfare don't have jobs. I think some are just misinformed. I worked two jobs while I received assistance and because of that assistance I was able to become a successful tax paying citizen. I think its so sad that people are so hateful. And it's the same people who claim to be religious republicans. You can't possibly be a person led by the word of God to hate people so much. Sure we all have bad days and say things we don't mean...but there were some very hateful things said here. I have thick skin and I was totally distraught....showed my husband and he was just as shocked and more mad than anything. I don't know. I just can't imagine someone would say I had absolutely no right to vote when I was in college, married, and expecting child while working 2 jobs. Gosh it's amazing. I felt I had to interject because I KNoW there are people on this board who have been there or who are there right now and it seemed no one was standing up for them. I understand the drug testing part but how would that even be paid for. Anyway...appreciate your comment. Even I wasn't as nice as I could have been. I was just really hurt.

JREDinars,

My response to your post was in no way a personal attack. My response was based entirely on the information and opinions you revealed in your response! Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it state in the Bible, Give a man a Fish and Feed him for a Day, Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. So what do we do when the man has been taught to fish but he'd rather sit on his a** all day playing video games & smoking Dope? According to your opinion we should forgive this man of his laziness and continue to give him a fish day after day after day.... What would you do when all this giving each day starts to take the food out of your young daughters mouth? (kind of like our economy) What then? You gave an opinion but no solution as to how to back up your opinion or really any reason as to why we should continue to feed the lazy. I'm sorry for the loss of your husband and am very glad you have pulled yourself up and out of the welfare system. You deserve the right to Vote but that Lazy Son of a Gun who refuses to fish, shouldn't have the right to Vote. But then again that's just my opinion and I believe that's also considered a right in this country unfortunately even for the lazy. My Best to you and your Daughter...

The problem with your theory is that ALL people on welfare are "lazy". Sorry, but you do not seem to have an idea of what the economy is actually going through and how it is affecting people, people from ALL walks of life.

The current economic crunch has forced more people to rely on a system that they have paid into for years and/or decades. Why should they give up any rights to partake in programs that their tax dollars paid for years before the found themselves needing it? They helped the government for the working lives, and now that the tables may have turned for them for a small period of time, they are to give up their rights as citizens? Not sure if I should say 'WAKE UP' or 'GROW UP' - not everyone on welfare is parasite of the system.

The problem with your theory is that ALL people on welfare are "lazy". Sorry, but you do not seem to have an idea of what the economy is actually going through and how it is affecting people, people from ALL walks of life.

The current economic crunch has forced more people to rely on a system that they have paid into for years and/or decades. Why should they give up any rights to partake in programs that their tax dollars paid for years before the found themselves needing it? They helped the government for the working lives, and now that the tables may have turned for them for a small period of time, they are to give up their rights as citizens? Not sure if I should say 'WAKE UP' or 'GROW UP' - not everyone on welfare is parasite of the system.

Ok, seems the only people using the terminology of scumbag and Parasite are the same people who are defending the welfare recipients. I sure haven't used those words, again I prefer the word Lazy! If the economy is so so bad why are there page after page after page of help wanted ads in the News Paper every Sunday. If I wanted a new job I could have one tomorrow, Let me quote you, "Wake Up"!!

Ok, seems the only people using the terminology of scumbag and Parasite are the same people who are defending the welfare recipients. I sure haven't used those words, again I prefer the word Lazy! If the economy is so so bad why are there page after page after page of help wanted ads in the News Paper every Sunday. If I wanted a new job I could have one tomorrow, Let me quote you, "Wake Up"!!

Oh, so you think that you using the term 'lazy' is any different???

In regards to your statement about page after page of jobs... They have always been there. The problem is that the areas in which those jobs are listed for do not have people trained for those jobs.

Also, if you have ever worked in the corporate world, then you will know this next part to be absolutely correct - many companies HAVE to post a job opening for any position for a set amount of time (usually two weeks) EVEN if they already know that they are going to promote from within for that position. If you did not know that, then again wake up and learn how the world works. Just because you see a job listing in the newspaper or anywhere else does not mean that the job is actually available from someone off the street applying!

Edited by HopefulTxn

You Don't?

Not really. A lazy person that wants to abuse the system is a parasite, IMO.

A person that has worked for decades, paying their dues along the way and needing help in the short term should not have to relinquish their rights as a citizen. Many of the people needing that assistance these days fall into that category.

• Upvote 1

I can not believe exactly how STUPID some people are.

Not everyone on welfare wants a handout.

Voting is a RIGHT given to Americans.

You are just plain stupid to pass judgement on everyone collecting assistance!

Let me pass judgement - If you are overweight - you are lazy!

See how stupid that is!

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• Upvote 1

Not really. A lazy person that wants to abuse the system is a parasite, IMO.

A person that has worked for decades, paying their dues along the way and needing help in the short term should not have to relinquish their rights as a citizen. Many of the people needing that assistance these days fall into that category.

Again I ask you please explain to me why there are page after page after page of job postings every Sunday in the Newspapers and since there are all these job postings why is it that someone who is completely healthy and capable of working isn't working? Instead they are receiving welfare, By your definition they are a scumbag or a parasite and again in my words they are Lazy! Who is sounding less and less compassionate here? Care to go any further with this?

See how stupid that is!

GymRat,

Are you calling me stupid? It's Ok that's your opinion. You state above that not everyone on Welfare wants a hand out... Correct me if I'm wrong but that's exactly what you've stated above right?. Now, if They didn't want a handout why in the H*** did they apply for welfare? If they didn't want welfare (a hand out) they would have went out and gotten them selves a Job. Stands to reason doesn't it?

• Downvote 3

Again I ask you please explain to me why there are page after page after page of job postings every Sunday in the Newspapers and since there are all these job postings why is it that someone who is completely healthy and capable of working isn't working? Instead they are receiving welfare, By your definition they are a scumbag or a parasite and again in my words they are Lazy! Who is sounding less and less compassionate here? Care to go any further with this?

I think I explained that pretty well. In regards to 'corporate' jobs, the postings in the newspapers will not get filled by anyone applying from the newspaper ads. The position had to be posted in the paper to fulfill a legal requirement, but it was always going to be fulfilled from within. That does not mean that the position the person that gets the job (that was promoted) will have their job advertised as it can simply be consolidated.

If you do not understand that, you have not worked in the corporate world or didn't pay attention to how the HR performed their duties and filled positions in the company.

When it comes to the non-skilled jobs, you have to realize that for every single position that is posted they are receiving hundreds, if not thousands, of applicants for every single position posted.

I think I explained that pretty well. In regards to 'corporate' jobs, the postings in the newspapers will not get filled by anyone applying from the newspaper ads. The position had to be posted in the paper to fulfill a legal requirement, but it was always going to be fulfilled from within. That does not mean that the position the person that gets the job (that was promoted) will have their job advertised as it can simply be consolidated.

If you do not understand that, you have not worked in the corporate world or didn't pay attention to how the HR performed their duties and filled positions in the company.

When it comes to the non-skilled jobs, you have to realize that for every single position that is posted they are receiving hundreds, if not thousands, of applicants for every single position posted.

So you're saying that it's perfectly Ok that if someone can't get a corporate job then they should be given welfare.. Wow you're quite the generous fellow. Lets hope all the Blue Collar workers out there don't get wind of this because who would we have to do the manual labor. I've grown up Blue Collar and been Blue Collar the better portion of my life and I for one am Proud of that. I was raised with a work ethic equaled by none other! I walk with my head held high and am proud that I've never accepted a hand out! I've worked and struggled and made huge sacrifices to get to where I am Today! I am a proud American and I will say this, if I had to accept welfare I would feel like a much lesser man.. Bottom line I wouldn't accept it! I'd take a job at taco bell first!!

I've tired of this subject! You are entitled to your opinion just as I am.

Seems I was born during a period of time where a work ethic really meant something but (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) maybe there is a huge age difference between the two of us and you were Born much later and are of the Me Generation, where you just want everything handed to you!

Have yourself a good evening, I know I will

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

So you're saying that it's perfectly Ok that if someone can't get a corporate job then they should be given welfare.. Wow you're quite the generous fellow. Lets hope all the Blue Collar workers out there don't get wind of this because who would we have to do the manual labor. I've grown up Blue Collar and been Blue Cllar the better portion of my life and I for one am Proud of that. I was raised with a work ethic equaled by none other! I walk with my head held high and am proud that I've never accepted a hand out! I've worked and struggled and made huge sacrifices to get to where I am Today! I am a proud American and I will say this, if I had to accept welfare I would feel like a much lesser man.. Bottom line I wouldn't accept it! I'd take a job at taco bell first!!

I've tired of this subject! You are entitled to your opinion just as I am.

Seems I was born during a period of time where a work ethic really meant something but (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) maybe there is a huge age difference between the two of us and you were Born much later and are of the Me Generation, where you just want everything handed to you!

Have yourself a good evening, I know I will

That is not at all what I stated and you just showed yourself to be a complete and total moron to how things work. You know you did, I know you did and anyone reading your posts knows you did.

Thank you for showing that you have no clue how the system works by such few posts. :P

• Downvote 1

tarsi:

in your post you state 23% are black, i dont know if that is true or not. but where did you get the figure of 77% are white. i suspect that figure is incorrect as there are a number of other ethnic groups in this country. please explain where this figure came from.

thanks for your time.

old timer

so the Constitution of the United Sataes of America should only be for people that aren't on welfare. Just Sayin WOW! It's a shame I fought for America to hear this DAMN non sense. There are a lot of enlisted men and Women that recive assistance...Well guess there goes their vote. Fight for it but you cant vote for it.......ONLY IN AMERICA.

Edited by rocketman2010
  • Upvote 2

That is not at all what I stated and you just showed yourself to be a complete and total moron to how things work. You know you did, I know you did and anyone reading your posts knows you did.

Thank you for showing that you have no clue how the system works by such few posts. :P

That is exactly what you eluded to in your response... So what your telling me is that if there was No such thing as Welfare and you were forced to take care of yourself, you couldn't go out and get a job? I feel sorry for you because you live in a box, start using your friggin head, get out of the box and make do for yourself! Excuse me, I forgot I was Conversing with a Sheep just follow along and don't question anything, don't do anything for yourself. For god's sake don't think for yourself, just get back in line for another cup of Kool-aid! It's extremely Obvious now that your a just a Twosie.... with no Self Confidence or Self Esteem... SHAKE IT OFF & MAN UP... Quit acting like a silly little girl!!!

Didn't want to get personal but your response above was uncalled for!

so the Constitution of the United Sataes of America should only be for people that aren't on welfare. Just Sayin WOW! It's a shame I fought for America to hear this DAMN non sense. There are a lot of enlisted men and Women that recive assistance...Well guess there goes their vote. Fight for it but you cant vote for it.......ONLY IN AMERICA.

Hey Rocketman,

Last time I checked Enlisted men and Women were working in our Military therefor They absolutely should be Voting!

That is exactly what you eluded to in your response... So what your telling me is that if there was No such thing as Welfare and you were forced to take care of yourself, you couldn't go out and get a job? I feel sorry for you because you live in a box, start using your friggin head, get out of the box and make do for yourself! Excuse me, I forgot I was Conversing with a Sheep just follow along and don't question anything, don't do anything for yourself. For god's sake don't think for yourself, just get back in line for another cup of Kool-aid! It's extremely Obvious now that your a just a Twosie.... with no Self Confidence or Self Esteem... SHAKE IT OFF & MAN UP... Quit acting like a silly little girl!!!

Hey Rocketman,

Last time I checked Enlisted men and Women were working in our Military therefor They absolutely should be Voting!

Last Time I checked enlisted men still have sex. that means kids. Lots of them. and most of them dont make enough on their monthly salary and their wives get assistance.... Just Sayin

• Upvote 1

Hey Rocketman,

Where did you get that from?

For the record, I have never received nor even ever applied for welfare benefits.

But the fact that I have never had to do so does not mean that I automatically look down upon those that have had to do so in trying circumstances. I understand that there is a time that one has to swallow their pride and do what is right by their family in order to keep their family supported.

The military is not an option for all, if you were not aware. There are many people that are outside of the age range of enlistment that are hurting in the economy we have today. People that have worked for decades and payed their taxes, which is what funds the welfare programs you seem to be against, that have deservedly acquired the right to use those services if the need shows itself.

Are you stating that homeless veterans are not entitled to benefits? People that served this country far more than many others ever have do not to have these programs to try and get themselves back on their feet, and still have the ability to vote in their national elections? Before mentioning military service, you might want to check your numbers on how many of those that have sacrificed their time and their blood for others that are in the position you state should have their rights revoked for taking!

Edited by HopefulTxn

Well Ole Joker, I would love to see you running in the voting poll and telling all thoes people on welfare that they can't vote. Talk about a country ass whoopin. Just Sayin' Your gonna need to be medevac..... someone please call 911.

911 operater: Hello 911

Joker:These welfare having MFs are trying to kill me. Please send help

911 operater: Well I'm on welfare too so... your on your own.

Where did you get that from?

For the record, I have never received nor even ever applied for welfare benefits.

But the fact that I have never had to do so does not mean that I automatically look down upon those that have had to do so in trying circumstances. I understand that there is a time that one has to swallow their pride and do what is right by their family in order to keep their family supported.

The military is not an option for all, if you were not aware. There are many people that are outside of the age range of enlistment that are hurting in the economy we have today. People that have worked for decades and paying their taxes, which is what funds the welfare programs you seem to be against, that have deservedly acquired the right to use those services if the need shows itself.

Are you stating that homeless veterans are not entitled to benefits? People that served this country far more than many others ever have do not have these programs to try and get themselves back on their feet, and still have the ability to vote in their national elections? Before mentioning military service, you might want to check your numbers on how many of those that have sacrificed their time and their blood for others are in the position you state they should have their rights revoked for taking!

I never stated anything about wanting the Welfare system to go away. Nor Did I say I look down upon those receiving welfare, What I said Is I personally am a prideful man and would Not personally ever consider going that route. I never stated that anyone should join the Military, Where did that come from? I never said Homeless veterans are not entitled to benefits. WTF...

Let me Restate The Facts; What I said is anyone who does not work and does not contribute to our economy by paying taxes but also receives welfare benefits should not have the right to Vote! If they want the right to vote they should get a job and contribute to the betterment of society! If they're not contributing to the betterment of society then they are a burden on Society! Again I Believe in a Hand up Not a HAND OUT!

Well Ole Joker, I would love to see you running in the voting poll and telling all thoes people on welfare that they can't vote. Talk about a country ass whoopin. Just Sayin' Your gonna need to be medevac..... someone please call 911.

911 operater: Hello 911

Joker:These welfare having MFs are trying to kill me. Please send help

911 operater: Well I'm on welfare too so... your on your own.

Lol Lol.... Like your Style Rocketman, Unfortunately I won't be running for office anytime soon! As far as I can tell I don't think there has ever been an Honest, Hard Working, Red Blooded American with Integrity that has ever been elected! Except for maybe those that signed the Declaration of Independence!

Have a Good Night Folks

Joker, did you forget we have a Constitution and that live in American?

The Right to Vote comes with being born here!

Your insane idea is Wrong!!!

We do need to get the economy going and for most people unlike pres.bambam I do not believe in socialism and free hand outs, they need Work Fare, that is where they should find their meal tickets!

It's good for the country and them! :rolleyes:

See how stupid that is!

I would give you +100 some people are plain stupid, I'm 50 yrs old and it took me 2 and a half years to find a job mailing out over 500 resumes. The plain fact is there are not to many companies willing to hire someone in there fifties or sixties.

• Upvote 1