Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pacsters post........ Credit to pacster.. Must read all!!!!!!!!

miamistud62

Correct me if im wrong but did pacster say and i quote below

Now take the new M0 of $80 billion and divide it by the new M2 of 25 billion and you get a new exchange rate of……………………$3.20

We make $3.20 for every $1 dollar we have invested………..May not be what some lead you to believe it was going to be, but it is a 320% return. What’s to complain about?

Ill be happy with $3.20 so what am i missing here ??

I think what you may be missing is the fact that $100.00 invested will bring you $320.00, not the big bucks that we were hoping for.

if i remember correctly, and i think i do, read somewhere last year--- when they printed the new money to replace the ones that had saddam on them, they carefully and with great knowledge printed a total of 20 trillion, total, 20trillion in the whole world.. of course all you have to do is write it down, and its true right,,,,,NOT. even our gov. lies to us over---employment, jobs saved or created by gov. spending ect.ect. smoke smoke lie lie. i'm sittin on my dinars at least to end of year. jim PS. from farming to oil pumping iraq will be a mecca once again JMHO

Valuation of a currency and exchange rates

Article IV - Obligations Regarding Exchange Arrangements - IMF

This will explain how arrangements are made between countries on agreeing to a exchange rate and a currencies value. No mention of Money Supply.

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/aa/aa04.htm

http://www.imf.org/external/np/mfd/er/2004/eng/0604.htm

http://www.tpub.com/content/administration/14061/css/14061_89.htm

Factors Affecting Currency Value: No mention of Money Supply as tool to value currency or exchange

If we look at the below and above items that show how money is valued and then ask: what is left for Iraq to do? Money first must has some agreed upon value by the nations of the world (read article 4 above).

• Upvote 1

BAGHDAD, Feb 11 (Reuters) - Iraq expects to redenominate its dinar currency by knocking three zeros off the nominal value of bank notes to facilitate currency transactions, a central bank official said on Thursday.

Emerging from years of war and sanctions, Iraq is trying to revamp its economy and boost oil production with a raft of crude deals that may vault it to one of the world's top oil producers.

'The goal is to improve the payment and receiving system in the country and consequently to reform cash management,' said Mudher Kasim, a senior advisor at the central bank.

Iraqi payment systems rely almost exclusively on cash.

Kasim said that the central bank expected to start rolling out new notes by the end of the year or the beginning of 2011. Iraq has 25 trillion dinars in circulation, officials say.

An Iraqi cabinet committee ordered the change in 2007, but the central bank did not think it appropriate until recently, Kasim said. The dinar's value will remain unchanged, he said.

The local unit is managed through foreign exchange auctions, and traded hands at 1,170 per dollar at the last sale.

(Reporting by Aseel Kami; Editing by Jack Kimball and Toby Chopra) Keywords: IRAQ CURRENCY/

(jack.kimball@thomsonreuters.com; +964 7901 917 033; Reuters Messaging: jack.kimball.reuters.com@reuters.com)

COPYRIGHT

Copyright Thomson Reuters 2010. All rights reserved.

The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters

'The goal is to improve the payment and receiving system in the country and consequently to reform cash management,' said Mudher Kasim, a senior advisor at the central bank.

Iraqi payment systems rely almost exclusively on cash.

Kasim said that the central bank expected to start rolling out new notes by the end of the year or the beginning of 2011. Iraq has 25 trillion dinars in circulation, officials say.

An Iraqi cabinet committee ordered the change in 2007, but the central bank did not think it appropriate until recently, Kasim said. The dinar's value will remain unchanged, he said.

ok look at the number of the good old usa ... they are only 130 trillion in debt ... with 190 trillion dollars out there in the banking world ... so where do we sit ... if the usa is to pay this debt in the next 300 years at the present payment ... we would be debt free ... but the goverment cannot spent more then what is coming in ... think this will work

If this even matters. I retired at the age of 52 debt free and might not have work another day of my life. We own (the wife and I) 37 acres with a house on the land, that has a trout stream running through the property. I took .007 of my net wealth and invested it in the Dinar. I do this research for my family, who have also invested in the Dinar. The figures I came up with before investing are: Lop, Lop rednomination then RV, a straight forward RV, and 10 -1 exchange from New Dinar to Newer Dinar with an RV. Four likely events with a .75 probability of a positive outcome and a .25 probability of a negative outcome. Did not count in figure the collapse of Iraq. I have experience in research working for UAW-Ford. This does not mean my analysis is correct, anything can happen to change the outcomes in Iraq as with any other investment.

• Upvote 1

let see ... 3.6 that comes out to around 325 dinar to the dollar .... so this is what your saying , live with this because this ... is all the cbi will give ... wonder is this will help the iraq people get out of depression they are in ... beside that ther will still need the 000 notes ... because the 25,000 will be worth 76 dollars ... smart thinking

Thats because your head is pathetic....stop trying to become an overnight millionaire with no work involved. "Jigga" ...how original. haha J to tha eehhhh shut up. **** speculators like you, put us REAL "investors" to shame and you smudge our names through the mud. Do the real work...do the REAL research and come up with the REAL facts. Not some invalid nonsensical bologna that your girlfriend or better yet your DOG may have heard from the nextdoor neighbor who is mentally handicapped. O.K. Ive been listening to all your rubbish and its pathetic. You have the dull mentality of "is it today, is it today?!?!?" , "its gonna happen tomorrow!, I bet cha, I bet cha, I really do, Oh Boy, Gee Golly Whiz" la la la la la la.

Yell me "Jigga"... where do you get your "Facts" from darling? Other Dinar discussion forums? Other dinar specualtors like yourself? I bet I'm right huh?

When you've come up with something valid and from a significant verified sourse (like A NEWSPAPER, OR GOVERNMENT ARTICLE OR FROM A GOVT OFFICIAL OR REPRESENTATIVE) then...only THEN you should open your little ignorant mouth. Okkkkkk. Jigga!

How old are you BTW? you must be under 21? I'm right aint I?

...not to mention that they dont even use that currency themselves....or at least iraqis in other areas like neighboring Jordan which has a couple million that came over during the war....they have been using american money...and alot of them dont even know whats going on with the new iraqi dinar period...most sales are here in the US so its just kinda hard to see that WE as a whole (investors) have bought that much! i could be wrong but the numbers just dont play in my head right

Thats because your head is pathetic....stop trying to become an overnight millionaire with no work involved. "Jigga" ...how original. haha J to tha eehhhh shut up. **** speculators like you, put us REAL "investors" to shame and you smudge our names through the mud. Do the real work...do the REAL research and come up with the REAL facts. Not some invalid nonsensical bologna that your girlfriend or better yet your DOG may have heard from the nextdoor neighbor who is mentally handicapped. O.K. Ive been listening to all your rubbish and its pathetic. You have the dull mentality of "is it today, is it today?!?!?" , "its gonna happen tomorrow!, I bet cha, I bet cha, I really do, Oh Boy, Gee Golly Whiz" la la la la la la.

Yell me "Jigga"... where do you get your "Facts" from darling? Other Dinar discussion forums? Other dinar specualtors like yourself? I bet I'm right huh?

When you've come up with something valid and from a significant verified sourse (like A NEWSPAPER, OR GOVERNMENT ARTICLE OR FROM A GOVT OFFICIAL OR REPRESENTATIVE) then...only THEN you should open your little ignorant mouth. Okkkkkk. Jigga!

How old are you BTW? you must be under 21? I'm right aint I?

I am new to the site so please be gentle, but help me understand something. The RV is on the dinar correct? so if the rate is 3.2/dinar after a lop, and you have 1,000,000 dinar (40 bills), they lop the 0's. so your 25,000 dinar becomes 25 X 40=1,000 X 3.2=320,000. Am I over simplifying the math? They are not taking 6 zero's off the value, what I mean is that your million doesn't become 100. If i am miussing something please help me see the light. Also since I have been coming to this site I am incredidibly impressed at the knowledge and research that is being done to try to put this puzzle together, that being said it sure seems that the RV is coming on Friday, week after week after week. thanks fro the opportunity and may God bless all our endevours.

I am new to the site so please be gentle, but help me understand something. The RV is on the dinar correct? so if the rate is 3.2/dinar after a lop, and you have 1,000,000 dinar (40 bills), they lop the 0's. so your 25,000 dinar becomes 25 X 40=1,000 X 3.2=320,000. Am I over simplifying the math? They are not taking 6 zero's off the value, what I mean is that your million doesn't become 100. If i am miussing something please help me see the light. Also since I have been coming to this site I am incredidibly impressed at the knowledge and research that is being done to try to put this puzzle together, that being said it sure seems that the RV is coming on Friday, week after week after week. thanks fro the opportunity and may God bless all our endevours.

Hi Ell... thanks for your question. Your math is off a bit. Here is what it should be. If you have 40 notes worth 25,000 each, that is 40 x 25,000=1,000,000 dinar total. After a lop, 1,000,000 drops three zeros making it 1,000. If the new rate is set at 3.2:1, then the 1,000 dinar are worth 3,200 USD. Subtract what you paid for your dinar and you'll have your profit. Your math mistake was 1,000 x 3.2. That doesn't work out to 320,000. You had two zeros too many.

FP

• Upvote 1

Thats not right the value of the dinar will not be effected at all they will just take the big notes out of circulation over time but a rate of $3.20 per dinar after RV PER $1.00 USD If you have 1 million dinar at that rate you will have $3.2 million usd but JUST IN SMALLER NOTES !!!!!!!

Everyone is missing the point all they want to do is take the BIG NOTES out of circulation over time they dont intend to remove the value of the dinar at all

JMO

Thats not right the value of the dinar will not be effected at all they will just take the big notes out of circulation over time but a rate of $3.20 per dinar after RV PER $1.00 USD If you have 1 million dinar at that rate you will have $3.2 million usd but JUST IN SMALLER NOTES !!!!!!!

Everyone is missing the point all they want to do is take the BIG NOTES out of circulation over time they dont intend to remove the value of the dinar at all

JMO

Ell, to clarify my answer to your question: my math was exactly right. Some people would like to believe that the CBI will only remove large notes from circulation, but there are no news articles that back this up. So the hope that there will be no redenomination (lop) is a popular theory here, but no one knows for sure what is going to happen.

Since you asked about your math on what would happen in the event of a lop, that is how I answered your question. "To lop or not to lop", that is the question. But you should be very skeptical about this fantastical theory that only a couple of bills are being removed. I think it is a bogus theory that people believe because they want to be very rich off of a very minimal investment, and don't want to acknowledge other possibilities.

I won't go so far as to say that it is impossible, though. I'll just say that you shouldn't get your hopes up because it isn't very likely. Do yourself a favor if you really want to dig for the truth rather than just opinions. There are a couple of threads that contain some good discussion on the subject and give insightful opinions and can help you make up your own mind. Try:

Common questions

Hard data from the CBI Website... not just opinions

FP

• Upvote 1