Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq demands return of Saddam Hussein's arse

k98nights

Iraq demands return of Saddam Hussein's arse

SNN1231A_380_1389793a.jpg

Ex-SAS bloke in bronze rump rumpus

By Lester Haines • Get more from this author

Posted in Government, 17th January 2012 11:31 GMT

Free whitepaper – King’s College London uses IBM System Networking RackSwitch for HPC

The Iraqi government is demanding the return of a piece of Saddam Hussein's tyrannical arse "liberated" by a former SAS soldier during the fall of the dictator's regime in 2003.

Nigel "Spud" Ely was acting as bodyguard for a TV news crew during the coalition's overthrow of Hussein. Arriving in Baghdad shortly after jubilant locals had toppled the ex-president's statue in the city's Firdos Square, he helped himself to a 2ft portion of the effigy's bronze backside.

Ely, 52, smuggled his booty out of Iraq, claiming it was a piece of armoured vehicle. He later offered it for auction as piece of "war relic art", in benefit of injured ex-servicemen and women, but it failed to sell.

The Iraqis have now decided they want the "cultural antiquity" back. Following a complaint by the country's UK embassy, Ely was questioned under caution by cops, who confirmed they're probing the matter because "ownership of the chunk of bronze is in dispute", as the Sun puts it.

Ely protested: "When I got it, it was just a piece of scrap metal. I am only doing this to raise money for military charities. If the Iraqis want to split the proceeds to give some to Iraqi charities, I am happy to listen." ®

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/17/rump_rumpus/

IMO its just Spoils of war. A peice of a metal butt is not a national treasure.

They didnt think it very important when they pulled the statue of Saddam Insaine down.

Infact I saw the news reel and Iraqi's were hitting it with there shoes. Supreme insult.

Good luck with that arse..... :lol::lol::lol:

Give me a break..

:lol: "arse" for a minute, I thought they were talking about............ah, nevermind. You know where I am going with this. :lol:

I do believe your right, this particular article is talking about the "booty".....".....rump rumpus" all for a good cause of course. It will be interesting to see the results when they "get done probing the matter". laugh.giflaugh.gif

• Upvote 2

IMO its just Spoils of war. A peice of a metal butt is not a national treasure.

They didnt think it very important when they pulled the statue of Saddam Insaine down.

Infact I saw the news reel and Iraqi's were hitting it with there shoes. Supreme insult.

Good luck with that arse..... :lol::lol::lol:

Give me a break..

We take our cut from the butt!

• Upvote 1