Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New York Times slams 'outrageous' Donald Trump for mocking reporter's disability

Republican front-runner twisted his arms in apparent imitation of Serge Kovaleski’s arthrogryposis as he reiterated controversial 9/11 claims

Claire Phipps

Thursday 26 November 2015 06.05 GMT

The New York Times has criticised Donald Trump as “outrageous” after the Republican presidential front-runner mocked one of its reporters and appeared to imitate his disability.

In a speech to supporters on Tuesday night, Trump derided Serge Kovaleski – a reporter for the newspaper who has disputed Trump’s claim that “thousands” of Muslims in New Jersey celebrated the 9/11 attacks – while flailing and twisting his arms.

Kovaleski has arthrogryposis, a congenital condition that affects joint movement.

In 2001, he was a journalist at the Washington Post and one of the authors of a report cited by Trump in defence of his 9/11 claim. (The Washington Post has since added a disclaimer to the report, distancing it from the claims.)

The 2001 report said that “law enforcement authorities [in Jersey City] detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops”.

In the wake of Trump’s insistence that “thousands and thousands of people were cheering” as the World Trade Center was destroyed, Kovaleski this week said he did not recall “anyone saying there were thousands, or even hundreds, of people celebrating”.

“We did a lot of shoe leather reporting in and around Jersey City and talked to a lot of residents and officials for the broader story. Much of that has, indeed, faded from memory.

“I do not recall anyone saying there were thousands, or even hundreds, of people celebrating. That was not the case, as best as I can remember,” he told CNN.

On Tuesday evening, at a rally in South Carolina, Trump tore into this account, telling supporters: “Now the poor guy. You ought to see the guy: ‘Err, I don’t know what I said. I don’t remember.’

“He’s going: ‘I don’t remember. Maybe that’s what I said.’”

As he spoke, Trump waved his arms around and held his hand in front of his chest in a claw-like position.

“The sad part about it is, it didn’t in the slightest bit jar or surprise me that Donald Trump would do something this low-rent, given his track record,” Kovaleski told the Washington Post.

A spokesperson for the New York Times told Politico: “We think it’s outrageous that he would ridicule the appearance of one of our reporters.”

Trump has not commented directly on his latest controversy, but on Wednesday sent several tweets attacking the New York Times.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/26/new-york-times-outrageous-donald-trump-mocking-reporter-disability

Jersey City: Trump's claims residents cheered on 9/11 are 'absolutely not true'

Vid in link

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/24/jersey-city-donald-trump-911-september-11-people-cheering-wrong

• Downvote 5

Mr. Trump is an equal-opportunity offender! He doesn't care if you're a woman, a minority or "handicapped"... you attack him, make fun of him or call him a liar and the gloves are OFF. It would be wise of these liberal dipsh*ts to get their facts straight before they accuse him of anything... he does not play by your PC rules of engagement.

I live in Jersey and Trump is right: Muslims DID celebrate on 9/11 in NJ . . . we saw it!

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/11/23/live-jersey-trump-right-muslims-celebrate-911-nj-saw-277082#ixzz3sbL78NBL

"In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river."

Read more:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/09/18/northern-new-jersey-draws-probers-eyes/40f82ea4-e015-4d6e-a87e-93aa433fafdc/?postshare=7281448290025183&tid=ss_fb

• Upvote 8

"Mr. Trump is an equal-opportunity offender! He doesn't care if you're a woman, a minority or "handicapped"... you attack him, make fun of him or call him a liar and the gloves are OFF. It would be wise of these liberal dipsh*ts to get their facts straight before they accuse him of anything... he does not play by your PC rules of engagement."

Wow whatshername you have such a graceful way of saying things.

• Upvote 1

I live here.  I have friends, acquaintances, and customers that saw this.  It's highly densely populated metropolitan area... millions of people.  Thanks WHN for the follow-up... Happy Thanksgiving!  :)

• Upvote 3

I live in Jersey and Trump is right: Muslims DID celebrate on 9/11 in NJ . . . we saw it!

November 23, 2015 | Carmine Sabia | 345 Comments  Print Article

It did happen, and I saw it.

Donald Trump is telling the truth about Muslims celebrating in New Jersey on September 11, 2001.

I drove with family members though Paterson, N.J. that morning, after the planes hit. It’s not the kind of thing you forget.

We witnessed people in traditional Muslim garb dancing, jumping, shouting and celebrating like their team had won the Super Bowl, just as Trump said.

“I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” Trump said Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

Trump has refused to back off of those comments. He told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos Sunday, “it did happen. I saw it.”

Media outlets and politicians have been quick to call the Republican presidential front-runner a liar but the fact is it happened just like he said.

I didn’t see thousands of Muslims celebrating but I absolutely saw a pocket, perhaps 100, jumping for joy at the sight of the smoke rising from where the Twin Towers used to be.

The funny part of the media-made controversy is that until Trump recalled his experience on that day, these events were a commonly accepted fact by Jerseyans.

Others in N.J. have spoken about witnessing these events.

Suddenly we are all being called liars in order for Trump-haters to cast aspersions on him.

Well, I defy anyone in the media to call me a liar to my face.

Was the Washington Post lying in an article on September 18, 2001 when it wrote the following?

In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

I know what I saw, Donald Trump knows what he saw and scores of N.J. residents know what they saw.

What none of us need is some talking head who doesn’t live here or didn’t see what we did to tell us what happened.

I encourage anyone who witnessed the celebrations in N.J., N.Y., or any other city that day to share their stories on Twitter with the hashtag #TrumpIsright.

whatshername: I coped and pasted everything that was in one of your links I hope you dont mind. Not all of it copied over. Anyone that wants to see all of it I suggest you check both links. 

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/11/23/live-jersey-trump-right-muslims-celebrate-911-nj-saw-277082#ixzz3sbsJsFQ5

I live here.  I have friends, acquaintances, and customers that saw this.  It's highly densely populated metropolitan area... millions of people.  Thanks WHN for the follow-up... Happy Thanksgiving!  :)

Thanks 

Jaxinjersey

We need to show how these POS news media are needed to be taken to the curb for trash removal.  :trash: 

• Upvote 3

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Pilgrim! ;)

jg said...

"whatshername: I coped and pasted everything that was in one of your links I hope you dont mind. Not all of it copied over. Anyone that wants to see all of it I suggest you check both links."

I don't mind a bit jg... I'm just loosely chained to the stove today so I can only post from my iPad ;)

• Upvote 4

It's just a debilitating disability......hardly anything to pray about.   From now on, I'm parking in handicap spaces every chance I get.  

GO RV, then BV 

Admit you're a spaz and I'll approve your handicrippled permit!   :eyebrows:  (sorry bigwave)

Now, I don't tweet but I have this link BOOKMARKED!  It's The Donald's Twitter Musings.  Always a comedy goldmine   :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

This was his reply to the incident...

CUw-3zTWIAAH3WT.jpg

• Upvote 3

I am definitely, without a doubt, a spaz.   :eek:  Now, thousands and thousands of Muslims at a tailgate party in New Jersey.......yeah, right.  I bet they even served hot pulled pork.   :peace:  The burden of proof lies with Donald.  And his ultimate, fantastic, bestest memory of all time, isn't proof of anything other than his continued delusion.   The crackpot said, from his apartment window,   he saw people jumping from the Trade Center, which was 4 miles away.....and his supporters actually believe his super x-ray vision is that good.   :lol:  Oh, and your twitter link is broken.   :(

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am definitely, without a doubt, a spaz.   :eek:  Now, thousands and thousands of Muslims at a tailgate party in New Jersey.......yeah, right.  I bet they even served hot pulled pork.   :peace:  The burden of proof lies with Donald.  And his ultimate, fantastic, bestest memory of all time, isn't proof of anything other than his continued delusion.   The crackpot said, from his apartment window,   he saw people jumping from the Trade Center, which was 4 miles away.....and his supporters actually believe his super x-ray vision is that good.   :lol:  Oh, and your twitter link is broken.   :(

GO RV, then BV

SHABS  SPAZ  PARKING  ONLY

Spaz.gif

"Thousands and thousands (of Muslims) were cheering..."  <--- probably a conservative estimate if you consider there are roughly a billion America-hating Muslims in existence.  We all know they celebrated in every corner of the world on 9/11.  Why is it so hard to believe that might include some partying on a rooftop or two in Jersey (and many more... perhaps thousands and thousands, in the privacy of their homes and mosques all over this country)?  Don't doubt it!  And don't discount this fact because Trump's mouth got ahead of his brain.  His numbers may be off or out of proper context but I believe it happened.  Serge Kovaleski wrote about it on 9/18/01 (before it was cool to acquiesce to Islam).  Now he's trying to walk it back because it doesn't  fit the 'peace-loving muslim current-truth' narrative. 

• Upvote 2

I give Trump a full pass on this.  I’ve posted this piece before but it has never been more important than it is right now!  Snowflakes and cupcakes… run to your safe space!   :lol:

Key and Peele Encourage 'Making Fun' of All Cultures for a Better Society

Can we really benefit from making fun of people from different walks of life? The stars of Comedy Central's "Key and Peele" sketch comedy show say absolutely.

031714-national-key-peele-time-magazine-

By Patrice Peck

Posted: 03/17/2014

Comedy Central funnymen Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele better known as Key and Peele  landed the cover story for Time magazine's annual Idea Issue. In their co-written op-ed, the comedians make a case for why we should "make fun of everyone."

"Somewhere along the line, we’ve forgotten the true purpose of humor: to help people cope with the fears and horrors of the world," they wrote. 

The duo addressed this idea in the most recent season of Key & Peele in a sketch titled "Insult Comic." In the skit, a wheelchair-bound burn victim insists that a traditional stand-up comedian include him in his hilarious insult-hurling. 

“You skipped me,” he calls from the audience, with a robotic-sounding artificial larynx. “Go for it. I can take it.”

Using this fictional encounter as an example, Key and Peele question whether we, as a society, can actually "take it" anymore. 

"When a humorist makes the conscious decision to exclude a group from derision, isn’t he or she implying that the members of that group are not capable of self-reflection? Or don’t possess the mental faculties to recognize the nuances of satire?" the comedians wrote. 

"A group that’s excluded never gets the opportunity to join in the greater human conversation."

It turns out that Key and Peele are not alone in this sentiment. They also point to their multicultural fan base that often urges the comedians to look to their cultures for new material. Keegan recently met a half Latino, half Native-American man who told him how much "gold" there was to be gathered from his hybrid culture, while another young Arab man revealed how much he loves Karim and Jahar, two sexually repressed Arab characters from their show.

Key and Peele also claimed that *** and lesbian couples keep telling them to "keep going.... There's plenty to make fun of...Trust us!"

"Where a lot of people get nervous...is when it comes to laughing at other people’s culture or perceived weaknesses," they wrote. "That’s when we worry that we’re being insensitive that we’re being mean. But ask yourself again what’s worse: making fun of people or assuming that they’re too weak to take it?" 

"The white whale of comedy is still out there," they added.

"The day we can make fun of a Black lesbian dwarf with Down syndrome who’s in a wheelchair, and someone who isn’t a Black lesbian dwarf with Down syndrome is able to laugh instead of trying to protect the dwarf’s feelings we can pack up our artificial larynxes and retire."

• Upvote 2

Video has surfaced... only 12,000 views - Get It While It's Hot!!!

The media (left, right, and center) did a great job of persuading the American people to believe the notion that Muslims cheering on 9/11 was absolutely preposterous. Just after Donald Trump announced that he saw ‘thousands’ of Muslims cheering as the two towers collapsed, the media attacked him and declared him an absolute liar.

In the following video from a CBS affiliate in New Jersey, reports and video show that there were Muslims celebrating in New Jersey and that they may have even known about the attacks beforehand:

Read more... http://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2015/12/02/trump-he-got-this-one-right-n2088035

Video has surfaced... only 12,000 views - Get It While It's Hot!!!

The media (left, right, and center) did a great job of persuading the American people to believe the notion that Muslims cheering on 9/11 was absolutely preposterous. Just after Donald Trump announced that he saw ‘thousands’ of Muslims cheering as the two towers collapsed, the media attacked him and declared him an absolute liar.

In the following video from a CBS affiliate in New Jersey, reports and video show that there were Muslims celebrating in New Jersey and that they may have even known about the attacks beforehand:

Read more... http://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2015/12/02/trump-he-got-this-one-right-n2088035

Interesting video and good find, WHN.  But the dispute lies in the numbers, not the action.  If my math is still right......8 is hardly thousands.   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Interesting video and good find, WHN.  But the dispute lies in the numbers, not the action.  If my math is still right......8 is hardly thousands.   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV

Math is not my thing either Shabs but I never took the number of Muslims that celebrated to mean only  “on rooftops in Jersey”.  My memory of  9/11 includes news reports from around the world of  thousands of Muslims dancing and praising Allah as they passed out candy in celebration.  I believe this is the context in which Trump was speaking and it just came out awkwardly.  The point is that it DID happen and you can bet all your dinar that it went on behind closed doors as well. 

Sorry to keep you waiting for a better link to Donald’s Twitter Musings   :lol:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump