Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar Rumor IMF Loan Disbursed!!!

warrengz

UPDATE 1-IMF approves $3.6 billion loan for Iraq Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:07pm GMT WASHINGTON, Feb 24 (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund on Wednesday approved a $3.6 billion loan program for Iraq to cover balance of payments needs. The IMF said it would immediately disburse about $455 million of the loan to the Iraqi authorities and comes as Iraq faces a crucial parliamentary elections on March 7. The country has had two previous IMF arrangements of less than $1 billion each. Iraqi officials said last year the government was seeking a $5.5. billion loan program from the Fund, when oil prices were lower. The country relies on oil export for more than 95 percent of state revenues and desperately needs funds to rebuild after years of conflict and an insurgency triggered by a 2003 U.S. invasion. http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKN2 ... 20894020100224

well this just blows the "cant get a loan w/o a recognized currency" out of the water. This is a bad day for post about an rv anytime soon. Wander what all the pumpers are going to say.

perhaps the imf is aware of things not known to the general public. Who's to say that their currency will not be reconized in the near future?

well, what good what a bunch of iqd do the imf at this point? they can't buy anything with it (unless they vacation in baghdad, haha) and i'm certain the imf won't get paid back in....oil or gold or natural gas, sooooooo....in other words, the imf isn't going to say, "hey, we'll loan you a ton of money, just pay us back with your money that is useless to us." am i missing something? although the article did say there were 2 other "arrangements" between iraq and the imf prior to this...i'm just thinking out loud....HELP!

The IMF wouldn't approve a loan without confidence they'd get paid back. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that a lop can occur, based on simple mathematics, but hey, I'm just a meteorologist... This is good stuff, and I remain optimistic. Thanks for the post.

nuls, oohh please explain how you find it hard to believe in a LOP? not everyone is good with math or understands economics. thanks

Adam answered questions tonight re this IMF loan. Transferring portion relevant here.... fyi:

Wed 2-24-10 approx 8:30PM CST

[markisuncfan] Adam Montana we are trying to figure out why only info we got outta IMF meeting today is the loan

[aszone] Adam how much wood could a wood chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

[Adam Montana] I don't think the IMF will give them a time limit, but I konw the IMF will pull it if Iraq

[Adam Montana] mod please

[scooter] ADAM -- What's your recommendation for future investors? Particularly IQD?

[Adam Montana] this is a good question

This room is now moderated. All messages submitted will be directed to room moderators for consideration before being made public.

[Adam Montana] ok

[Adam Montana] hang on looking for the question I want to copy paste

[Adam Montana] [wrebiejo] Adam Montana ok do you think there is any time frame on the loan?

[Adam Montana] like I just started saying

[Adam Montana] I don't thinkk the IMF would put a time limit on it

[Adam Montana] not officially, anyway

[Adam Montana] BUT

[Adam Montana] everyone with 2 points more IQ than a groundhog knows that if Iraq doesn't do the right thing

[Adam Montana] the IMF will pull that credit faster than you can say "OH NO!"

[Adam Montana] and if the IMF pulls credit from Iraq

[Adam Montana] then Iraq loses it's credibility

[Adam Montana] so something HAS to happen right now

[Adam Montana] either Iraq RVs and moves forward on it's own backing

[Adam Montana] or they screw themselves and go BACKWARDS

[Adam Montana] which we know won't happen - too much is positive for Iraq right now

[Adam Montana] plus everything other countries have invested

[Adam Montana] or one other option

[Adam Montana] they get forced to take the loan, and their currency is revalued to back up the loan at a profit for everyone the IMF represents

[Adam Montana] which

[Adam Montana] they get forced to take the loan, and their currency is revalued to back up the loan at a profit for everyone the IMF represents

[Adam Montana] which

[Adam Montana] happens to be the WORLD

[Adam Montana] international monetary fund

[Adam Montana] to put it simply

[Adam Montana] Iraq denies the funds and moves forward on it's own

[Adam Montana] or Iraq takes the funds and is forced to move

I am so confused. I went to the link and saw this......

_______________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 1-IMF approves $3.6 billion loan for Iraq

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:07pm GMT

WASHINGTON, Feb 24 (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund on Wednesday approved a $3.6 billion loan program for Iraq to cover balance of payments needs.

The IMF said it would immediately disburse about $455 million of the loan to the Iraqi authorities and comes as Iraq faces a crucial parliamentary elections on March 7.

The country has had two previous IMF arrangements of less than $1 billion each.

Iraqi officials said last year the government was seeking a $5.5. billion loan program from the Fund, when oil prices were lower.

The country relies on oil export for more than 95 percent of state revenues and desperately needs funds to rebuild after years of conflict and an insurgency triggered by a 2003 U.S. invasion.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

No where did I see any reference to anything about not being able to pay a loan back without a a recognized currency.

I did notice the link say's updated news Has something changed since the recognized currency issues were brought up?

Edited by NoOneReally
Spelling

This seems like a positive thing to me. First the good faith of the IMF in Iraq is a big confidence move to me. Trust me the world is paying attention. They are clearly talking to each other so their must be a plan of attack. I see this kind of like a SBA loan for a small business. It helps kick start things so they can get off the ground. Maybe this is a quick loan to help cover the costs of redenomination and RV intial costs? In numerous posts they talk about having 65 billion in reserves. Could this just be the IMF showing the world it is ready to support Iraq and are simply putting their money where their mouth is? Guess we will see.