Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MPs reject UN proposed resolution on Iraqi government

Baghdad, Nov. 2, P. Two

MPs and legal experts rejected issuing a UN resolution stating that Iraqi government is inefficient one, well informed sources said.

The parliamentary and legal circles stressed that the resolution would be "unfortunate" that since the government was elected by the Iraqi people in free and fair elections under supervision of the United Nations.

In the meantime, a legal expert said such decision on the government should come with approval of the five permanent UN member states and its Security Council.

MP Hussein Al-Safi said that information on efforts to Us issue a UN resolution stating that Iraqi government is inefficient one is not correct, and that this information is inaccurate, considering that Washington and according to the agreement signed with Baghdad will pull its forces from Iraqi territories within the end of this year, as a result of long negotiations in this matter.

He added that there the Iraqi people and government are respected by the Us government, Us and that the withdrawal is being applied and this withdrawal will continue till the end of this year.

"I do not think that there is no clear letter than of the US President Barak Obama's on the withdrawal, and I do not think of validity of this media information ", Al-Safi said.

http://www.alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=16548

Baghdad, Nov. 2, P. Two

MPs and legal experts rejected issuing a UN resolution stating that Iraqi government is inefficient one, well informed sources said.

The parliamentary and legal circles stressed that the resolution would be "unfortunate" that since the government was elected by the Iraqi people in free and fair elections under supervision of the United Nations.

In the meantime, a legal expert said such decision on the government should come with approval of the five permanent UN member states and its Security Council.

MP Hussein Al-Safi said that information on efforts to Us issue a UN resolution stating that Iraqi government is inefficient one is not correct, and that this information is inaccurate, considering that Washington and according to the agreement signed with Baghdad will pull its forces from Iraqi territories within the end of this year, as a result of long negotiations in this matter.

He added that there the Iraqi people and government are respected by the Us government, Us and that the withdrawal is being applied and this withdrawal will continue till the end of this year.

"I do not think that there is no clear letter than of the US President Barak Obama's on the withdrawal, and I do not think of validity of this media information ", Al-Safi said.

http://www.alsabaah....w.aspx?ID=16548

Sounds like they are resolving a rumor. Maybe this should be filed with the OAKIE posts.

Unless i read it wrong, i believe that th UN wants Iraq to truly stand on its own.....by not issuing it, they are saying that Iraqi's voted their govt. in, so let them be.....Rome wasnt built in a day, nor was the United States of America.....they might bicker a hell of alot, but they have come a long way.....the ramifications of the UN stepping in like that would truly hurt the Iraqi people....Lets let them work it out on their own....

• Upvote 3

Unless i read it wrong, i believe that th UN wants Iraq to truly stand on its own.....by not issuing it, they are saying that Iraqi's voted their govt. in, so let them be.....Rome wasnt built in a day, nor was the United States of America.....they might bicker a hell of alot, but they have come a long way.....the ramifications of the UN stepping in like that would truly hurt the Iraqi people....Lets let them work it out on their own....

You definitly read it right.

"The resolution would be unfortunate" (if Iraq can't stand on her feet)

This article is saying that a few so-called "experts" don't think Iraq is ready. However, it clearly states that they are still going through with it.

Until Iraq demonstrates that they have the ability to govern themselves, release from Ch 7 is out of the question. They have a government....functional or dysfunctional it's their government duly elected. I agree with you and some of the previous statements...they have to learn to walk at their own pace.

Edited by detroitjazzman
  • Upvote 1

Well said. :lol:

MPs reject UN proposed resolution on Iraqi government

Baghdad, Nov. 2, P. Two

http://www.alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=16548

"MP Hussein Al-Safi said that information on efforts to Us issue a UN resolution stating that Iraqi government is inefficient one is not correct, and that this information is inaccurate, considering that Washington and according to the agreement signed with Baghdad will pull its forces from Iraqi territories within the end of this year, as a result of long negotiations in this matter."

THIS ARTICLE IS NOT AS BAD AS IT LOKS

ALSO...This was already posted...we should combine this.

If the un and the us wasnt involved, they be attacking the port mubarak and back in civil war witthin minutes. not to mention maliki would rein in his dictatorship within a day. iraq is not ready theyre still threatening kuwait and making very poor public comments. At some point hopefully they can stand on their own, but without the us and the un you can kiss your rv goodbye.

and if the un didnt have resolutions id bet iraq wouldve never paid a dime to kuwait.

Edited by truthful1

Until Iraq demonstrates that they have the ability to govern themselves, release from Ch 7 is out of the question. They have a government....functional or dysfunctional it's their government duly elected. I agree with you and some of the previous statements...they have to learn to walk at their own pace.

Well said chap!