Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Border Agent Gets 2 Years in Prison for Rough Cuffing a Drug Smuggling Suspect

krome2ez

Posted on October 26, 2011 by Conservative Byte

A U.S. Border Patrol agent has been sentenced to two years in prison for “improperly lifting the arms of a 15-year-old drug smuggling suspect” during an arrest where border agents found more than 150 pounds of marijuana being transported by illegal immigrants across the Rio Grande.

The Washington Times reports on the Justice Department’s case, which said the agent violated the drug-smuggling teenager’s constitutional right to be free from unreasonable force:

“Agent Jesus E. Diaz Jr. was named in a November 2009 federal grand jury indictment with deprivation of rights under color of law during an October 2008 arrest near the Rio Grande in Eagle Pass, Texas, in response to a report that illegal immigrants had crossed the river with bundles of drugs.

http://conservativebyte.com/2011/10/border-agent-gets-2-years-in-prison-for-rough-cuffing-a-drug-smuggling-suspect/

Wow! The people best rise up against these tyrants within American politics, and render justice because these people have lost their minds.

Seems to me the apple may be getting ripe and ready to fall. People across America are waking up and it would not surprise me if a REAL popular uprising begins and march on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. to throw the bums out!

• Upvote 3

Seems to me the apple may be getting ripe and ready to fall. People across America are waking up and it would not surprise me if a REAL popular uprising begins and march on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. to throw the bums out!

I am making it a policy to not vote anyone back into office. If we all band together to vote out these career politicians maybe we can get this country back in shape for our grandchildren.

• Upvote 5

I am making it a policy to not vote anyone back into office. If we all band together to vote out these career politicians maybe we can get this country back in shape for our grandchildren.

..., except for the Tea Partyers who were recently voted in and the few REAL Conservatives/Constitulionalists who love this country I must agree with you. We need to get rid of this stench that has consumed the halls of the People's House and the Capitol.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The "real" uprisings began a while back. They are called tea parties, and the next time they are on the march, I plan to be there. This kind of behavior toward our protectors has to be stopped, and it begins with the guy in the White House. Oh, and how 'bout that Holder??!! What a guy, right??!! He is the one who let the guns "walk," and he is the one who tried to take Bush's appointees to court, and he is the one who wanted to bring charges against our CIA for getting informtion from terrorists, and he is the one whose department prosecuted the border guard for "touching" this "sweet, innocent??" illegal immigrant. We need to prosecute Holder. We could get him on a number of charges, enough to keep him in the pokey for years. It's shocking, I know, that an American could do such things, but this guy is a blatant traitor, and it shows what Obama is made of that someone like Holder is so close to him.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

If there was no crime involved I could understand the concern, but this kid was involved in a crime! :angry: Soon they will be removing the weapons from the BP and putting them in charge of "lemonade stands."

I will always support one of our border guards over an illegal immigrant. He should not even have been there. If he had been at home, where he belonged, this wouldn't have happened. But once he crossed our borders, all bets are off, as far as I'm concerned. Too many kids that age think they can do whatever they want because they are invincible, and if enough of them go home with a different story, perhaps they will learn not to come here illegally.

• Upvote 3

The "real" uprisings began a while back. They are called tea parties, and the next time they are on the march, I plan to be there. This kind of behavior toward our protectors has to be stopped, and it begins with the guy in the White House. Oh, and how 'bout that Holder??!! What a guy, right??!! He is the one who let the guns "walk," and he is the one who tried to take Bush's appointees to court, and he is the one who wanted to bring charges against our CIA for getting informtion from terrorists, and he is the one whose department prosecuted the border guard for "touching" this "sweet, innocent??" illegal immigrant. We need to prosecute Holder. We could get him on a number of charges, enough to keep him in the pokey for years. It's shocking, I know, that an American could do such things, but this guy is a blatant traitor, and it shows what Obama is made of that someone like Holder is so close to him.

Anyone out there a TEA PARTY leader? How about another REAL march!

• Upvote 1

Francie, sorry I negged you by mistake. I promise I'll make it up to you. I have fat fingers and a small phone.

• Upvote 1

..., except for the Tea Partyers who were recently voted in and the few REAL Conservatives/Constitulionalists who love this country I must agree with you. We need to get rid of this stench that has consumed the halls of the People's House and the Capitol.

AGREED!!

• Upvote 2

how can someone here in the Unite States illegaly ,have constitutional rights , something wrong with this picture

You hit the nail on the head... only I think it sounds more like the nail in our coffin as a country! (imo)sad.gif

How many "rights" do we have if we try to sneak into someone else's country??? So why are we so lenient?

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 2

Posted on October 26, 2011 by Conservative Byte

A U.S. Border Patrol agent has been sentenced to two years in prison for “improperly lifting the arms of a 15-year-old drug smuggling suspect” during an arrest where border agents found more than 150 pounds of marijuana being transported by illegal immigrants across the Rio Grande.

The Washington Times reports on the Justice Department’s case, which said the agent violated the drug-smuggling teenager’s constitutional right to be free from unreasonable force:

“Agent Jesus E. Diaz Jr. was named in a November 2009 federal grand jury indictment with deprivation of rights under color of law during an October 2008 arrest near the Rio Grande in Eagle Pass, Texas, in response to a report that illegal immigrants had crossed the river with bundles of drugs.

http://conservativebyte.com/2011/10/border-agent-gets-2-years-in-prison-for-rough-cuffing-a-drug-smuggling-suspect/

Only in Obamaland could this happen! Give me a break!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Time has come to LOCK & LOAD and head for the borders!!!!!!!!!! That's the only way we will get this crap straight. We are being overtaken by foreigners, without a shot being fired and it is OUR so called government that is aiding and abetting these ILLEGAL CRIMINALS. The illegal criminals are laughing all the way to the bank. They now have less reason to be afraid to come here, because if they get caught, it's the border patrol that goes to jail. What a freakin' crock of ... :mad:

[this post has been edited to remove all the fowl language and now is half of what it use to be.]

• Upvote 3

Time has come to LOCK & LOAD and head for the borders!!!!!!!!!! That's the only way we will get this crap straight. We are being overtaken by foreigners, without a shot being fired and it is OUR so called government that is aiding and abetting these ILLEGAL CRIMINALS. The illegal criminals are laughing all the way to the bank. They now have less reason to be afraid to come here, because if they get caught, it's the border patrol that goes to jail. What a freakin' crock of ... :mad:

[this post has been edited to remove all the fowl language and now is half of what it use to be.]

I'm in...!!!!! Anyone out there willing to follow? Can we get a few hundred maybe a few thousand. If you do I'll see you there. Perhaps this will wake up this marxist administration.

Here's more info from another source on how he was railroaded:

Diaz was prosecuted by the Obama administration on charges of “civil rights” violations and allegedly lying to investigators. The Mexican government also filed an official complaint, claiming that the agent had pulled on the handcuffs of a young drug smuggler apprehended near the border.

But according to experts who reviewed the evidence, the whole prosecution was built on lies. “The government's case is based on false testimony that is contradicted by the facts,” noted a statement from the Law Enforcement Officers Advocates Council (LEOAC), a non-profit organization that has taken up the Diaz family’s cause.

“The Mexican Consul claimed injuries to the drug smuggler's ribs, and Diaz knee on his back. However, there were no marks on ribs, back, or on his wrists from the handcuffs whatsoever,” LEOAC President Andy Ramirez told The New American. “The sole marks on his body are the strap marks from the backpack due to the drug load.”

Among other problems with the case, LEOAC also noted that some of the “witnesses” admitted to perjuring themselves. Many of their claims were contradictory, too. And the agent standing next to Diaz testified that he did not see any of the alleged mistreatment.

Diaz’ story, on the other hand, was consistent from the beginning, LEOAC said. Plus, he had already been cleared of wrongdoing by the Office of Professional Responsibility and the Inspector General.

The court and the prosecutor went ahead with the case anyway. And pictures proving that the drug smuggler did not suffer any arrest-related injuries were sealed during the trial.

After being granted immunity by the federal government, the illegal immigrant even admitted during the first trial that he had lied to the grand jury.

Despite all of that, following a mistrial, Diaz was convicted. And on October 20, he was sentenced to 24 months in prison. Incredibly, the judge even asked Diaz to apologize to the drug smuggler and his fellow officers.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigration/9524-critics-furious-as-border-agent-diaz-gets-2-years-in-prison

Diaz was prosecuted by the Obama administration on charges of “civil rights” violations and allegedly lying to investigators. The Mexican government also filed an official complaint, claiming that the agent had pulled on the handcuffs of a young drug smuggler apprehended near the border.

But according to experts who reviewed the evidence, the whole prosecution was built on lies. “The government's case is based on false testimony that is contradicted by the facts,” noted a statement from the Law Enforcement Officers Advocates Council (LEOAC), a non-profit organization that has taken up the Diaz family’s cause.

“The Mexican Consul claimed injuries to the drug smuggler's ribs, and Diaz knee on his back. However, there were no marks on ribs, back, or on his wrists from the handcuffs whatsoever,” LEOAC President Andy Ramirez told The New American. “The sole marks on his body are the strap marks from the backpack due to the drug load.”

Among other problems with the case, LEOAC also noted that some of the “witnesses” admitted to perjuring themselves. Many of their claims were contradictory, too. And the agent standing next to Diaz testified that he did not see any of the alleged mistreatment.

Diaz’ story, on the other hand, was consistent from the beginning, LEOAC said. Plus, he had already been cleared of wrongdoing by the Office of Professional Responsibility and the Inspector General.

The court and the prosecutor went ahead with the case anyway. And pictures proving that the drug smuggler did not suffer any arrest-related injuries were sealed during the trial.

After being granted immunity by the federal government, the illegal immigrant even admitted during the first trial that he had lied to the grand jury.

Despite all of that, following a mistrial, Diaz was convicted. And on October 20, he was sentenced to 24 months in prison. Incredibly, the judge even asked Diaz to apologize to the drug smuggler and his fellow officers.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigration/9524-critics-furious-as-border-agent-diaz-gets-2-years-in-prison

This is Obama and Holder pushing this down on the Judge.

• Upvote 1

how can someone here in the Unite States illegaly ,have constitutional rights , something wrong with this picture

Exactly!! You are soooooo right!! And what's wrong with this picture is the guy in the White House.

What kind of judges do we have now? This one is a traitor to America and to the fine officer who was railroaded by him and like-minded ases.