Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Any advice or tips for ISX stocks?

I have been working to research ISX stocks and procedures this weekend. I am asking for advice since it sounds like it takes a good while if you go through Warka. I have been a Dinar holder for about a year and now taking a serious look into the ISX.

From what I can tell the posts about Zain Mobile could be a good move. Anyone know how it compares to AsiaCell? I am also looking at IBSD (Pepsi).

I was looking at historical values for IBSD and it ranged in the 21 - 24 Dinar range back in 2004.

I am limited on what I can invest and was going to try and get an extra 1-2 million dinar at first. I want to diverse myself incase we don't get the RV we all hope to occur. I am seeing posts that say 200,000 shares need to be purchased. Is that for each company invested in, or a lump amount of multiples companies at once?

Do most of you use broker or go through Warka?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hello my friend. I am a new investor on the ISX and will offer my advice for consideration:

From what I can tell the posts about Zain Mobile could be a good move. Anyone know how it compares to AsiaCell?

at this point all three telecoms have not made their initial public offering. the speculation is that they will not appear on the isx until mid-2012. this is a very good read on the state of the telecoms. enjoy. when they do make their ipo, we really will not know which one of the three will be imminent. so the best bet is to set up you own strategy.

I am also looking at IBSD (Pepsi).

I was looking at historical values for IBSD and it ranged in the 21 - 24 Dinar range back in 2004.

IBSD is certainly seeing a lot of action lately. i think it had one of the highest numbers of trades last week on the isx. one of the best considerations when investing in the isx (since it is currently in its infancy) is long term and short term strategy. the isx does not see a large number of trades per day because it is a budding exchange and foreign investors have not flooded it yet. what that means is this....when you buy a stock, you might certainly get stuck holding that stock. this is one of the phenomenon i experienced when i practiced penny stock trading. there might not be a market for your stock. in other words, say you thought a company was really cool and you bought 200k shares of its stock. then you decided to sell it because you thought your money would probably do better in another stock. well, how would you be able to sell it if no one was looking to buy it. there are stocks on the isx that might see less than 5 trades on a given day. selling off all of your stock at that rate might take a few good months :o so back to long term and short term strategy. if you don't mind being stuck with a stock that is not seeing a lot of action, be in it for the long haul. if you want to move your money around a bit more then you want to consider investing in the higher volume movers. IBSD might be one of those movers seeing the number of trades taking place with it. definitely something to keep an eye on.

I am limited on what I can invest and was going to try and get an extra 1-2 million dinar at first. I want to diverse myself incase we don't get the RV we all hope to occur.

i think its a great idea to diversify as much as possible as an iraq investor. you want to cover yourself from different angles. here are avenues to consider:

• hold hard currency iqd through an international business company (ibc)
  • have a warka savings account help personally (not an entity)
  • invest in the isx through non-warka brokerage firm through a nevada llc (or an llc that is not subject to state tax)
  • hold hard currency iqd through a directed roth ira (tax free retirement money)

i am sure there are other avenues of diversification that i have not considered but that should help get the brain juices flowing :D

I am seeing posts that say 200,000 shares need to be purchased. Is that for each company invested in, or a lump amount of multiples companies at once?

yes, it is 200,000 shares minimum per company

i have warka for my personal savings and investment but use a separate brokerage firm for my llc's investments

anytime! i hope that was helpful. should you have any further questions, fire away or pm me. sad thing is that not many people are investment minded...many of us were just not brought up to think this way. so your responses may be few and far between. i think you are on the right track though.

something else to consider. just get your money in the isx even if you don't want to pick particular stocks. consider investing in the INDEX. you can invest in the index on a whole or different sectors (i believe). one thing we do know is that investors will be coming to the isx. if you are invested in the isx index, your money will increase as new investors enter the market. their added money will push the index higher which will push your money higher.

if you don't understand the index, in a nutshell it goes like this. if you were to take all of the companies listed in an exchange, add their price together and divide by the number of companies, you would get the AVERAGE stock price for that membership list (index). some people say that you can't beat the average....some say that you can. and this is where investing become a gamble. some investors play it safe and just ride the index. some investors believe that they are more perceptive on what companies will do better than the average and they place their money on those horses. they take a bigger risk doing this because if their horse sputters, they lose a lot but if their horse is a champion, they gain big. whereas an index investor will not be subject to the abrupt rises and falls of any particular company. so if you know that banking in general have to increase as the economy booms in iraq but you do not know anything intrinsically about particular banks, you might feel safer investing in the banking sector index. see what i mean? hope that helps.

• Upvote 2

I have been working to research ISX stocks and procedures this weekend. I am asking for advice since it sounds like it takes a good while if you go through Warka. I have been a Dinar holder for about a year and now taking a serious look into the ISX.

From what I can tell the posts about Zain Mobile could be a good move. Anyone know how it compares to AsiaCell? I am also looking at IBSD (Pepsi).

I am limited on what I can invest and was going to try and get an extra 1-2 million dinar at first. I want to diverse myself incase we don't get the RV we all hope to occur. I am seeing posts that say 200,000 shares need to be purchased. Is that for each company invested in, or a lump amount of multiples companies at once?

DinarBot uses Warka. DinarBot says buy as much of the HSBC Iraq affilate as humanly possible. It is the only bank in Iraq with Western/European/UK ties to date and does very well. HSBC Iraq (Dar Es Salaam) is brokering the the IPO for AsiaCell for example.

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2010/08/17/uk-bank-hsbc-sees-big-opportunities-in-iraq/

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/tag/hsbc/

Edited by DinarBot
  • Upvote 1

DinarBot uses Warka. DinarBot says buy as much of the HSBC Iraq affilate as humanly possible. It is the only bank in Iraq with Western/European/UK ties to date and does very well. HSBC Iraq (Dar Es Salaam) is brokering the the IPO for AsiaCell for example.

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2010/08/17/uk-bank-hsbc-sees-big-opportunities-in-iraq/

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/tag/hsbc/

As soon as Warka begins trading again DinarBot team will sell 75% of Warka holdings and buy more HSBC affilate. Warka even with CBI 100 Mil. recent investment still has long way to go. DinarBot has all Banks and Soft Drink Co. only. So far with free capital shares etc and some increases we have doubled initial investment. DinarBot strongly suggests you get into ISX soon.

Edited by DinarBot
  • Upvote 1

EXCELLENT information TrinityeXchange and DinarBot!!

Thank you two VERY much for the details as well as valuable information regarding the ISX and stocks. This was a great boost to what I have learned this weekend and will help me with my decisions.

+1 to each of you :)

Good Luck. Favorite part:

Iraq’s economic prospects are largely dependent on oil- and gas-related income, but the government is expected to spend heavily on the country’s infrastructure, offering opportunities to lenders like HSBC.

“Once we have a new government in place, they will likely focus on the budget for next year, and we will see capital spending largely being driven by new infrastructure such as road projects, the need for cement, and building a telecommunications infrastructure,” Hogan said.

HSBC is currently working with an international organisation, which it did not name, that is buying up cement plants in Iraq for which it hopes to be the arranger and lender, Hogan said.

Most of the infrastructure spending is still government-led but a private sector is slowly emerging, providing potential new sources of income to the banks operating there.

(Source: Reuters)

Start with banks. They help the Businesses get started. Then move into the businesses as they succeed - 1-5 year plan.

Start with banks. They help the Businesses get started.

i agree here that the small business loan offered by banks is what sustains a communities economy. once the private sector blooms in iraq, the business loan will be its staple. banks will become very profitable.

dinarbot - what is your take on Bank of Baghdad? they have a great relationship with citigroup. seem like a winner to me along with hsbc.

Dinarbot, did I miss which Iraqi banks are affiliated with HSBC?

Thank you for your help.

Yes. Only One. Dar Es Salaam bank. HSBC owns 70%.

I am looking for a ticker symbol for HSBC. What do I need to be looking for?

Thanks

Dar Es Salaam bank. It was in the link DinarBot provided Above in original comments.

i agree here that the small business loan offered by banks is what sustains a communities economy. once the private sector blooms in iraq, the business loan will be its staple. banks will become very profitable.

dinarbot - what is your take on Bank of Baghdad? they have a great relationship with citigroup. seem like a winner to me along with hsbc.

Yes, we have Bank of Baghdad. The Kurdistan Inter. Bank is one to watch as well.

http://www.isx-iq.net/isxportal/portal/sectorProfileContainer.html?sectorId=2

I am looking for a ticker symbol for HSBC. What do I need to be looking for?

Thanks

BDSI - HSBC owns 70% but retained the Iraqi Bank's Name.

Here is the List:

http://www.isx-iq.net/isxportal/portal/sectorProfileContainer.html?sectorId=2

BDSI is trading at 4.99 Dinar (Approx.). The most expensive but Dirt cheap over all.

Edited by DinarBot
  • Upvote 1