Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Chat Topic

dhardage

My thoughts exactly, Bump, I'm assuming you are speaking of the RV'ers who bash the Lopsters, and the Lopsters who bash the RV'ers, right?

I don't care what side of the fence people sit on as long as the are respectful and nice to each other!

The " No Bashing " applies to everyone here at DV

• Upvote 2

I keep hearing things about how this site has gone down hill, what is wrong with this site.....etc etc.

It isn't the site. It is the people. Get rid of a few bad apples, and the rest "should" fall in line. UNfortunately, with the trend I THINK I am seeing, a lot of people with a not so popular opinion will be made examples of no matter how respectful they are in the way they say it. I just REALLY hope I am wrong.

• Upvote 1

I keep hearing things about how this site has gone down hill, what is wrong with this site.....etc etc.

It isn't the site. It is the people. Get rid of a few bad apples, and the rest "should" fall in line. UNfortunately, with the trend I THINK I am seeing, a lot of people with a not so popular opinion will be made examples of no matter how respectful they are in the way they say it. I just REALLY hope I am wrong.

I really hope you're wrong too. I am definetely not a lop person, big go RV'er here, but I have noticed the lop people get disrespected pretty bad sometimes.

We are working on the bad apples!

You have been able to see a trend since you joined last month?

• Upvote 2

We are working on the bad apples! :D

I appreciate that, but are the bad apples in the mods eyes the ones who bash on BOTH sides? Or simply the ones who say what we would rather not hear? That, right now is as big a mystery to me as what the Dinar will do. I guess, just like the Dinar, we will know when it happens.

• Upvote 1

I don't know,but I have been going to chat for awhile now and I must say there have been some really off the wall topics posted.Yet to date I haven't seen a topic actualy being discussed or followed. I know when I go in chat always turns to guns and sex lol.

What about the Grammaru's? Kinda like a guru. I just made that up. You know the people that have nothing to add but sure know their english and grammer and all they want to do is talk about how bad you spell or whatever. I am really tired of hearing all of that. I made a post the other day about this. There are some people on here that english might not be their first language. But do they have respect, noooooooooooooo. If I remember correctly we lost a very fine lady because of this ..... this... stuff.

oleman

• Upvote 1

This was the topic when I entered the chat room this morning:

Chat Topic: Lopsters and Negative Nellys: A sluggard is wiser in their own eyes than seven men of wisdom & reason….Have a great day

I find this personally offensive. Why do we need to "single out" one group's belief? Negative Nelly is a term that we have all heard for forever. I am not sure where it originated. "Lopster" is a term that was made up by some five year old. (Not literally, but you get my point) It was my understanding that ALL were welcome to chat even if their views differed from that of your own. This topic did not make me feel welcomed at all. Not ONCE did I enter the chat to see a topic such as "To all those that believe you will be rich by Friday, guess again."

I do not consider myself a "Lopster" OR a Negative Nelly. I am a realist. Would I LOVE to think I will become a millionaire off of this (or any other investment)? Of course!!! But I look at ALL sides, NOT just those of my own choosing.

And to the mod who set the topic......

1slug·gard

noun \ˈslə-gərd\

: a habitually lazy person

Yes, I realize that it is a bible verse, but what exactly are you implying?

Lets equate this too all of us being in church, and running up and down the pews is a guy spray painting 666 all over, it just doen't blend in with the overall tone of things........

• Upvote 1

Well said Tony

Here is the deal, some of you aren't going to like it and that is ok because we are going to get this site back to where it use to be like it or not!

We are not saying we can't talk about the possibilitys of a LOP, but we are no longer going to let every single thread get turned into negative thread where people are going to get bashed when having a different opinion from the lopsters.

I can give you a list of names that will not like this post that I am making and most ( not all ) are the problem that we are going to fix.

If you have noticed, there has been several threads made as of late about people being afraid to make post due to the bashing that they may get from the negative people that have hurt this site and this needs to be changed ASAP!

Thanks

Bump

Thanks Bump! Thanks for all you do!

• Upvote 1

Lets equate this too all of us being in church, and running up and down the pews is a guy spray painting 666 all over, it just doen't blend in with the overall tone of things........

I don't reckon its not that extreme, its more a matter of the person sitting next to you in church insisting that the New American Standard translation is the proper translation of the bible instead of the King James Translation while your ripping the pages out of his hands and calling him a pagan-ster

Edited by DinarRedneck
  • Upvote 1

We are working on the bad apples!

You have been able to see a trend since you joined last month?

I may have "joined" last month, but please don't confuse that with the time I have spent "watching/learning" Or my ability to recognize a double standard when I see it.

What about the Grammaru's? Kinda like a guru. I just made that up. You know the people that have nothing to add but sure know their english and grammer and all they want to do is talk about how bad you spell or whatever. I am really tired of hearing all of that. I made a post the other day about this. There are some people on here that english might not be their first language. But do they have respect, noooooooooooooo. If I remember correctly we lost a very fine lady because of this ..... this... stuff.

oleman

I don't think we lost BL (if that is who you are referring to) because someone made fun of her writings. But I do agree with you! People here bash on everything from what a person choses to wear in the photo on their profile to the nickname they pick. Soooooooooooo many other things to discuss, why waste time with that cr............ummmmm stuff! :D

I think this thread has run it's course with IMO lots of misunderstanding on both sides. The summation of the MOD position is again IMO that we want to get DV back on course. Bumper stated clearly enough and as a senior MOD here I was amazed at how many questioned his meaning also. Bottom line for me is we as mods are investors too (thanks Bumper) and we have just as much at stake as any of the members PLUS we have to work at keeping the standards of DV high. Please allow us to do our jobs. As Bumper or K98 said in another thread the MODS have NO hidden agenda. We want to learn also but when there is foolishness and vitriol on both sides we HAVE to step in and try to stop it. Thread Closed !!! GO RV !!

• Upvote 3