Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Photographs reveal 1940s life in the Big Apple in all its glory

Sirius

How times have changed in New York City! Extraordinary colour photographs reveal 1940s life in the Big Apple in all its glory

Photos by Indiana snapper Charles Weever Cushman in 1941 and 1942

Expensive colour Kodachrome was used to take impressive collection

Many buildings have since been demolished but some of them still stand

article-2036932-0DDE1AB800000578-370_964x673.jpg

article-2036932-0DDE13F400000578-854_964x669.jpg

See full article and pics HERE :

Edited by Sirius
  • Upvote 6

The three homeless guys in Battery Park.....wearing suits....still had dignity, they look pretty sharp. Didn't look like these guys had given up yet. Looks as though they would be willing to make an honest wage if had the chance or came across some work. Those were the times, huh !! tongue.gif There was another pic

of an old print shop and engravers studio........that was pretty cool, I'm a printer by trade, to make my living , so its always interesting to see that kind of

stuff. I know those ol' timers must have worked hard back then in the print shop. jmo

Nice find Sirius, thx

These are beautiful. Thank you so much for bringing them. Old photographs are fab. to look at and consider the history behind them. I wish some of the younger generations would appreciate the simple beauty of these , but how hard life was for this and other generations. Thank you again .sleep.gifemot-worship.gifemot-worship.gif

I love the cars of the latter '30s and all the '40s. They had STYLE. Modern cars have design, but no style.

And Fedoras! Love those a lot.

Cars and the clothes are classy !!!!!!!!

These are beautiful. Thank you so much for bringing them. Old photographs are fab. to look at and consider the history behind them. I wish some of the younger generations would appreciate the simple beauty of these , but how hard life was for this and other generations. Thank you again .sleep.gifemot-worship.gifemot-worship.gif

The guy that had the sweet potatoes for sale, had a bundle of firewood and an old chimney cart to cook 'em, yeah that was a tough time to be in.. But ingenuity fed him and probably his family.