Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Generation Y Speaks Out on National Debt

Tiffany23

Gees Tiffy!

My take is a little surreal. I did not see anything "High and Mighty" about your comments. I did not think anything about your education other than if it was a proper education it would teach you to think. The biggest failure of our current educational system is we usually are not trying to get people to think for themselves. I have served and my life could have been snuffed out in very few heartbeats.

Again I commend you for your work. I forwarded your original work with link provided to this thread for a group of conservative people that want to have the republic that was intended by our founders. :) :) :)

Edited to change forum to thread.

Edited by Kanga

B) B)

:lol: : it dos'nt matter if you get number 4 , other's do .However it's proclaimed educated people .Suposedly the brightest of the brightest .Who tell the rest of us how smart they are, and how they know how to fix it , if we would all just do as they say.One of your post's was":are you a narcicist" I think After reading your post you've answered the question for yourself.Your post sounded just like any political flyer ever written .You certainly can't elevate yourself or station above other's, by telling them how much more qualified you are by means of education and not expect to create an us and a them! That's exactly what those kind of statement's are supposed to do .Elevate your will , wishes,opinion's,Ect. over others .From the start you tried to convince the reader of your opinion's superior value' do to your perceived status or standing that you beleive your education has given you above other's .

The us and them .Same disease the six hundred or so leaders have now.That's just the way i read it.

I Have tried to get a rise out of you .To your credit you did not get directly personal, even though i have.

I'm sure if i knew you , my perception of what you posted may be different, or vise versa.

So i will apologize for letting my emotion over run the cup of reason.

If you are Coleric in control, and inclusion , i totally get it .I would also say Phlagmatic in emotion.

Unfortunately i'm meloncholy all the way across the board.. :(:lol:

B)

peace

• Upvote 3

Enough said! It really irritates me when I see post about military from people never served in the military and thinking they know everything. But, for the most part great post!

Excuse me, did you miss that part that she is a military brat? (no offense Tiffany)... that counts for something in my book! No, I didn't serve either, but my father did in WW2, and one of my brothers... but that does give a little credence as well. She is not bashing, but if you try to put your own personal finances in order you have to look at every item on the budget... and in our case the military is a big part of the budget. No... I don't want a weak America, but it doesn't hurt to discuss different possibilities with an open mind and letting someone voice their opinion. Thanks again for the post Tiffany!

Edited by RodandStaff

Excuse me, did you miss that part that she is a military brat? (no offense Tiffany)... that counts for something in my book! No, I didn't serve either, but my father did in WW2, and one of my brothers... but that does give a little credence as well. She is not bashing, but if you try to put your own personal finances in order you have to look at every item on the budget... and in our case the military is a big part of the budget. No... I don't want a weak America, but it doesn't hurt to discuss different possibilities with an open mind and letting someone voice their opinion. Thanks again for the post Tiffany!

When one views a budget objectively even those "necessary" items most think of as essential should be scrutinized. I think that when people get defensive over the military budget they come at it from a personal or experiential aspect. Example: When I served, my pay was $196.00 per month (or, $98.00 X 2). It seemed that I was grossly under paid. Therefore, it is natural for one to believe the service members must be better cared for. They absolutely should be better cared for. That said however, there are certain service members drawing hazardous pay and other forms of increase that do not really deserve those increases. Also, there are other benefits not taken into consideration such as basic subsistence (housing and meals). One may argue that ALL service members deserve pay comparable to outside agencies, but in reality outside occupations are not always comparable. We need to use a healthy dose of reality when looking at where and how cuts can and should be made.

The problem is that many prior service members as well as the parents of present service members either do not know, or perhaps have forgotten exactly how wasteful military (and general government) spending really is. Those items entering the military or government system must be certified to meet military specifications (mil specs). Once an item gets a mil spec number afixed it becomes extremely costly. Example: I served in the U.S. Navy. We needed a couple of "pelican hooks" to be used in UNREPS (underway replenishments). These two pelican hooks had 3" sheaves and very similar items could be found in the general rigging hardware industry for a fraction of the cost, perhaps less than $100.00 each. However, presumably because of the certification process, those hooks were purchased at a listed price of over $1,500.00 each...

What reasonable person, other than a government contractor of course, can find justification for such a large variance of pricing?

Another example: I worked on a large government facility. At the end of each fiscal year we were instructed to destroy certain consumable items that remained on site. Not knowing any better, I asked if I could take some of a particular item home. My answer was a strongly resounding NO. I was given a budget to accomplish a project during my employment there. I thought it was a rather large budget and, based on the scope of work to be performed, thought I could easily come in under budget. My supervisor promptly informed me that I would not come in under budget. I would in fact request an increase of budget at a later time. Still, out of ignorance as to the ways and workings of government entities I asked, "why?" Foolish me. I should have known that if any government agency does not use its entire budget and request more money their budget will be cut the next year. Therefore, it is encumbent upon every self-respecting government employee to ensure that the entire budget is dispatched. That is the way the beast works. Period. Anyone who says certain agencies do not work this way is either lying, or unaware of the systemic disease affecting government budgets.

Is there anyone out there with specific knoweledge of government spending that can justify the system and prove that we cannot save the taxpayers some money? I doubt it. B)

• Upvote 1

Good on ya, Tiffany.

NZ and Aussie are small fry, compared to the USA/China, etc....but you know... I think we have a very sensible outlook on life.

Congratulations and thank you for your inspiring post.

Please be sure to book a ticket to go and see DAVID ICKE in Auckland...i think he's appearing around September...do yourself a huge favour...and go see him.

he is so great at joining all the dots, and helps his audience to see the whole picture...why the world is the way it is....

cheers,

E61