Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BREAKING NEWS Iraq Unity Alliance merges with Iraqiya Slate

11/07/2011 17:38:00

Baghdad (NINA) – It has been officially announced on Monday, July 11, the merger of Iraqi Unity Alliance, headed by Jawad Bulani, with Iraqiya Slate, headed by Iyad Allawi.

The announcement was made during a press conference held on Monday at the Iraqi National Accord’s headquarters and was attended, in addition to Allawi and Bulani, by Tariq al-Hashimi, Saleh al-Mutlaq, Salman al-Jumaili and Hayder al-Mulla.

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FHFJKI

• Upvote 1

Gosh, the news there is very conflicting. If this is true, I am not sure if it is good news. It sounds like Allawi is trying to get more power, so that he can oppose Maliki's majority, or at least slow him down. JMO, but I certainly hope I am wrong. Don't trust either one of them, and if this slows down, what is already a very slow process....Owwwieee Veeheee! Migraine 100!!! :blink::blink:

• Upvote 2

I like this news.. From what I have read Allawi is more open to the Kurds, USA, Europe and the West, he will partner with Sunni led Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, etc.

I may be mistaken but I do feel this "might" help push and move the RV ball down the field!!! He is a Sunni and Maliki is a Shia, Iran is Shia.. therefore Allawi gives us a better chance of reforms that will usher in foreign investment, which will bring jobs, drop unemployment, give the Iraqi's employment and money for commerce. Their economy improves as their oil, gas and ag business prospers, the dinar escalates in value and Iraq is viewed as a more stable country. Bingo we have a better chance of an outstanding return on our investment.

Again.. just another amateur researcher.

• Upvote 4

Gosh, the news there is very conflicting. If this is true, I am not sure if it is good news. It sounds like Allawi is trying to get more power, so that he can oppose Maliki's majority, or at least slow him down. JMO, but I certainly hope I am wrong. Don't trust either one of them, and if this slows down, what is already a very slow process....Owwwieee Veeheee! Migraine 100!!! :blink::blink:

maliki doesn't have a majority anymore. barzani with the kurds is breaking his alliance. the supreme council with mahdi will back alllawi. heck even his own bloc has said maliki is a mistake. so don't get the idea that maliki is "all that" because he isn't. he would not be doing the erbil deal if he had a majority. the reason his group is joining the list is because they are the up and coming power now.

maliki needs to worry about geting his backside booted and charged. parliament took away his immunity to prosecution.

• Upvote 1

I think this will accelerate the process of completion of the GOI. Maliki seemed to be content to wait out Allawi until he quit. This new alliance will strengthen Allawi's hand and force Maliki's. It will also serve to marginalize Iran's influence in Iraq. There is no love lost between the Iraqi Sunnis and the Iranian Shiites. If I had a vote, I'd be voting this way, for all the reasons OhioTom mentioned. Anything that can break the logjam is good, IMO.

• Upvote 1

I think this will accelerate the process of completion of the GOI. Maliki seemed to be content to wait out Allawi until he quit. This new alliance will strengthen Allawi's hand and force Maliki's. It will also serve to marginalize Iran's influence in Iraq. There is no love lost between the Iraqi Sunnis and the Iranian Shiites. If I had a vote, I'd be voting this way, for all the reasons OhioTom mentioned. Anything that can break the logjam is good, IMO.

We keep talking about procedural delays and logjams in the Iraqi parliment. Have you guys read scooters latest post. It's a detailed list of all the laws this past session of parliment have passed. It's extensive. They have been very busy passing law, many of which have to do with finance. A must see. :)

I think we're being distracrted by their power strugle. They are getting a lot done.

• Upvote 1

maliki doesn't have a majority anymore. barzani with the kurds is breaking his alliance. the supreme council with mahdi will back alllawi. heck even his own bloc has said maliki is a mistake. so don't get the idea that maliki is "all that" because he isn't. he would not be doing the erbil deal if he had a majority. the reason his group is joining the list is because they are the up and coming power now.

maliki needs to worry about geting his backside booted and charged. parliament took away his immunity to prosecution.

Thank you for the information Valu! I am still trying to figure out this mess! Two months ago, nothing was getting done, because M & A couldn't agree on anything. A month ago, Allawi was going to quit, and Maliki seemed to have more control, and things seemed to be smoothing out. Now, Allawi is back, and he is joining with another block, and I am just afraid, that it is going to go back to a stalemate again.

It is good to read, and get different perspectives, because this Iraqi system is so strange to us. Again, thank you, and I hope you are right! Go RV!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Upvote 1