Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finding locations of IRS offices open on Saturday July 16th.

kmseeker

Go to IRS.GOV. ........click on initial site........on top of page click Gov. entities..........then on the left side you'll see find your location...........click..... a map will show on the page.........find and click on your state.........Florida has several locations.........why will they be open in all states on Saturday the 16th? hmmmmmm! this has been posted .....I'm just letting you know how to get to the site......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Go to IRS.GOV. ........click on initial site........on top of page click Gov. entities..........then on the left side you'll see find your location...........click..... a map will show on the page.........find and click on your state.........Florida has several locations.........why will they be open in all states on Saturday the 16th? hmmmmmm! this has been posted .....I'm just letting you know how to get to the site......

'kmseeker',

Good evening....thank you for the post!

I find this to be very interesting......earlier there was either a posted thread or a comment on a posted thread that indicated the only reason for IRS sites to be open were for "Gulf Oil Spill Victims"; now I have compiled a list of IRS sites in Texas that will be open Saturday, 16 July 2011 taken directly from the IRS website:

Austin

Dallas

El Paso

Farmers Branch

Fort Worth

Harlingen

Houston (two locations)

San Antonio

Wichita Falls

Very interesting......I am not saying this has anything to do with the IQD.......but seems odd!!!!!!

Thank you,

GG

Please be more explicit. We need layman's terms. I looked for "Find your location" right after your instructions and it does not exist. Please elaborate. Thank you. GLTA and Go RV.

'tamiflyer',

Good evening....

Please utilize the following link:

http://www.irs.gov/app/officeLocator/index.jsp

Thank you,

GG

BocaLinda - I saw that as well. I think I will call the IRS Monday and ask a bit more. I wonder if this is done on a yearly basis. I will post their answer Monday.

Take care.

'OregonMan',

Good evening!

We all will be looking forward to your findings.....!!

Thank you,

GG

• Upvote 1

My friend looked up WHY the IRS is open on Saturday and found the reason was listed as being for taxpayer assistance for people with trouble paying taxes or having liens, etc.. hmmm....another nuggets to munching on...

That what i got from reading it also. They are called "IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers" and services are as followed...

Accepting Check, Money Order, or Cash Payments (Exact Change is Required)

Account Inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)

Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)

Alien Clearances (Sailing Permits)

Application for Taxpayer Assistance Order (ATAO)

Copies of Tax Returns & Transcripts (Usually available for current year and three prior years)

Help with preparing Form 2290 (Heavy Vehicle Use Tax)

Multilingual Assistance (over 150 languages translated)

Federal Tax Return Preparation (If you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit or your Income is less than $49,000.00)

(More Information)

Payment Arrangements

Procedural Inquiries

Solutions to Tax Issues

Tax Forms (based on availability)

Tax Law Assistance (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)

(Details)

Taxpayer Identification Numbers

http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/article/0,,id=98337,00.html

I was curious so I checked. They are open in Las Vegas on the 16th as well.....Interesting to say the least :)

Extraordinarily interesting! I checked it out myself and in bold it says they are open the 16th.

1645 S. 101st East Avenue

Tulsa, OK 74128 

Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

**This office will be open from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 16, 2011**. <--------- in bold

Why? Your guess is as good as mine. And I hope it's a good thing. Good looking out. Thanks for the post!

'Mommyof3boys',

Good evening!

What is your take on this seemingly unusual event by the IRS?

Thank you,

GG

Well after doing a google search to see what i could find this came up....

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/oc_-_july_-_openhouse_070111.pdf

7/1/11

Sample article for organizations to use to reach customers

Provide the following article in your communication vehicles to alert your customers about the IRS Open House.

IRS Open House – July 16

Please tell family and friends

Need a fresh start with your taxes?

If you owe a balance on your taxes, have received an IRS notice or letter, need to complete a tax return, or just have some basic tax law questions, the IRS can help!

They’re hosting a Saturday Open House – free tax assistance day - on July 16 at 74 select IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers in 34 states throughout the nation, including Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time. You’ll receive free tax assistance and the help you need to get on the right track.

The participating IRS office locations in your local areas are listed on the IRS Website. For now, please mark your calendars and spread the word about the July 16 date!

• Upvote 1

Well after doing a google search to see what i could find this came up....

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/oc_-_july_-_openhouse_070111.pdf

7/1/11

Sample article for organizations to use to reach customers

Provide the following article in your communication vehicles to alert your customers about the IRS Open House.

IRS Open House – July 16

Please tell family and friends

Need a fresh start with your taxes?

If you owe a balance on your taxes, have received an IRS notice or letter, need to complete a tax return, or just have some basic tax law questions, the IRS can help!

They’re hosting a Saturday Open House – free tax assistance day - on July 16 at 74 select IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers in 34 states throughout the nation, including Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time. You’ll receive free tax assistance and the help you need to get on the right track.

The participating IRS office locations in your local areas are listed on the IRS Website. For now, please mark your calendars and spread the word about the July 16 date!

'Mommyof3boys',

Thank you for your response and information!

Have a good night!

GG

• Upvote 2