Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FDIC- Foreign Exchange Transactions Rule

goldengoose

Good afternoon All,

We have all been reading copious amounts of information relating the IQD and here is an awesome .pdf document concerning the "New FDIC Rules" taking effect on 15 July 2011. A good friend of mine sent me this link today by email.

The document is quite long, but well worth the read.

http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2011/fil11055a.pdf

Thank you,

GG

• Upvote 4

Hi GG.. I'm going to ask the same of you, that you asked of Ronscarpa..... and not because of time element, but more because my little brain can't grasp it !!!! So in other words, can you please give me the jist of this document :blink: Thanks so much

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi GG.. I'm going to ask the same of you, that you asked of Ronscarpa..... and not because of time element, but more because my little brain can't grasp it !!!! So in other words, can you please give me the jist of this document :blink: Thanks so much

'Shelly',

Good afternoon!

Sure, I will be happy to provide my take on this lengthy document- Basically it is placing banking and other forex trading institutions under new regulations as it relates to entering and providing forex services to retail customers, thus will ensure certain protections for the retail customer as well.

Hope this short explanation helps.....the main reason I thought this article was substantial was the effective date- 15 JULY 2011!!!!!!!!!

GG

• Upvote 3

Does this document have a connection to the Frank- Dodd act that is to take affect july 15th? And if I read the cliff notes correctly, it seems to have a conflict of what the F-D act was to enforce, ie. Private citizens not fitting into the required anual salaries no longer being able to trade otc gold and silver as well as paper stocks of sorts. Thanks a lot.

Just IMO the Frank Dodd Act pertains to the big boys buying short and selling high. In other words a trader put a small deposit on something and pay over time while what they bought increases in value. Therefor, they can sell out at an increased profit and pay off their initial investment but unduly drive the price up looking for the gain.

• Upvote 1

It's written in legalese and says that it goes into effect on the 15th but it's important to remember that these rules from the link are for an "Accredited Investor"

The Dodd Frank law defines accredited investors as:

Section 413(a) of the Act alters the financial qualifications of who can be considered an accredited investor, and thus a qualified as eligible participant (“QEP”). Specifically, the revised accredited investor standard includes only the following types of individuals:

1) A natural person whose individual net worth, or joint net worth with spouse, is at least $1,000,000, excluding the value of such investor's primary residence;

2) A natural person who had individual income in excess of $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with spouse in excess of $300,000 in each of those years and a reasonable expectation of reaching the same income level in the current year; or

3) A director, executive officer, or general partner of the issuer of the securities being offered or sold, or a director, executive officer, or general partner of a general partner of that issuer.

So most will not be eligible.

It's written in legalese and says that it goes into effect on the 15th but it's important to remember that these rules from the link are for an "Accredited Investor"

The Dodd Frank law defines accredited investors as:

Section 413(a) of the Act alters the financial qualifications of who can be considered an accredited investor, and thus a qualified as eligible participant (“QEP”). Specifically, the revised accredited investor standard includes only the following types of individuals:

1) A natural person whose individual net worth, or joint net worth with spouse, is at least $1,000,000, excluding the value of such investor's primary residence;

2) A natural person who had individual income in excess of $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with spouse in excess of $300,000 in each of those years and a reasonable expectation of reaching the same income level in the current year; or

3) A director, executive officer, or general partner of the issuer of the securities being offered or sold, or a director, executive officer, or general partner of a general partner of that issuer.

So most will not be eligible.

'pluMmet',

Good afternoon!

I appreciate your insight and providing additional information to this particular subject. I am certainly not an economic expert, but thought the FDIC document would be beneficial for all DV members to review.

Thank you,

GG

Golden Goose you are truely one of the good guys !!!! Thank you so much for bringing it to the level that my mind could get today !!! Thanks for the post.. great Saturday news

'Shelley',

Good evening!

Thank you very much for your kind words and you are very welcome, I am glad to assist the thought process!

Have a good night,

GG