Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Here's what i have seen and heard

In the past couple of years I have seen this freakin' cat skinned nine ways to Sunday and the bottom line is you have just rehashed the same crap that's been hashed around here for years. You are either suggesting a LOP in the most basic form or you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. If you are suggesting that the 25k notes become 1,000 each 25 notes it would not be an old-fashioned, straight forward LOP. Which is it?

I am in concurrence with BlueJeanBaby's post from the standpoint of currency exchange but we did not get into this for an opportunity to exchange one useless piece of paper for another. We are looking to the revision of exchange values. This was much ado about nothing. The value and not the lack of is what we need to see and what we arewaiting to see and this entire post did nothing to inform the newbies. To the contrary, you've confused a huge number of newbies. You've been a member long enough to know better.

Look PU, these people were confused before they even read Easy's post. Get a grip on yourself. I've been reading this "crap" for a long number of years now. Just this year I sign on to this site, so the NEWBIE sh!>, you can drop. You sound like some KID in high school. Give these people a little respect. I'm quite sick of you guys talking about "NEWBIES" as though they are freshmen in school. Damn, grow up. And for all, and I do mean all the speculation on this Dinar, IN MY OPIONION, they are all PIS$$IN IN THE WIND! It'll happen when it happens. Everytime soeone has something to say on here, some smart AR$$ wants to put down on them. After all, if you're so smart, why the heck is someone like yourself on this site?

PEACE

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Look PU, these people were confused before they even read Easy's post. Get a grip on yourself. I've been reading this "crap" for a long number of years now. Just this year I sign on to this site, so the NEWBIE sh!>, you can drop. You sound like some KID in high school. Give these people a little respect. I'm quite sick of you guys talking about "NEWBIES" as though they are freshmen in school. Damn, grow up. And for all, and I do mean all the speculation on this Dinar, IN MY OPIONION, they are all PIS$$IN IN THE WIND! It'll happen when it happens. Everytime soeone has something to say on here, some smart AR$$ wants to put down on them. After all, if you're so smart, why the heck is someone like yourself on this site?

PEACE

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you doing exactly what your telling Pureau not to do? I actually thought he was defending the newbies, trying not to confuse them, and you got all defensive and attacked him. I love it when people tell someone not to bash while they are calling them names. That IS classic high school. Just sayin, not meaning any disrespect, just found it odd. Pureau has been here a long time and in my opinion, doesn't deserve to be bashed. But what do I know? Just my humble observation.

• Upvote 1

they will still be legal tender because the value is still the same but in Iraq they are simply issuing lower denoms to the citizens not us as investors like i have said they dont care about us we already hold the large notes when the RV we will be able to cash in our notes with the same value which they had before.

don't have any idea what you're talking about, do you?

Do your homework. :(

• Upvote 1

yes you would get one 25 dinar note same with a 1k note for example you will get a 1 dinar note.

OK, I'll entertain your RD/LOP/Demonitisation for just a moment here.

and, if they do an "In Country" Redenomination, where exactly do you think you will exchange in this scenario?, are you going to try to get into Iraq to exchange? :lol::lol::lol: I might add, RD is worst case scenario

for this IQD speculation.

trollin??????????

Oakie is your Daddy, huh? ;)

have another beer :blink:

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1

and, if they do an "In Country" Redenomination, where exactly do you think you will exchange in this scenario?, are you going to try to get into Iraq to exchange? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif I might add, RD is worst case scenario

have another beer blink.gif

sure u buying?laugh.gif

Did I not read somewhere that the 25 dinar would value around 100 dollars? Isn't that what one of the Iraqi dude's said? If that's the case, and if they are not replacing the 25,000, but eventually taking it out of circulation ...then haven't they re-valued? When you do the math...one million dinar divided by 25 = 40,000 (25 denominations) and if the value of the 25 dinar note is valued at 100 dollars, then 100 x 40,000 (25 denominations) = 4,000,000 us dollars. If they are taking away the bills with 000's, and not re-valueing then it defeats the purpose of not having to carry around suitcases of money, you would have to carry trunk loads to get the same amount.

I know we have to wait and see. :)

Hoping for the best for all!

haha ok well mighty one lets see your opinion i love how people like you want to piss in my cornflakes i think you need to take some nappy time, Cranky head. Bottom line when they Rd they will have to Rv to increase the value of the dinar now i was suggesting how an Rd would affect the notes in country pertaining to the iraqi citizens not US!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I don't know who gave you the -1, but I'm giving you a +1 to bring you back to neutral. Secondly, I am not pi$$ing in your cornflakes. You have been on this sight long enough and are obviously intelligent. I'm not so far removed from your line of thought (i.e. I have never been what Adam M. referred to as a $3.00 moron.). That is not at all, in my opinion, the most likely scenario, although we all probably agree that the potential is there for a rather significant increase over time. It is, however, very disingenuous of you to say that you are not speaking of a LOP and yet you described a LOP to the tee. In your own words you stated the opinion that a 25K Dinar note will become a 25 Dinar note and that the exchange rate would not move. Unless you failed numerous times to clearly state your opinion (which would make you a very poor communicator, and I know you are not because I've read a good many of your posts) and are ready to recant your observation then you are still promoting what most of the membership here recognizes as a straightforward LOP. A LOP is a very real possibility. This is Iraq, after all, but it makes no sense to say that this is an in country only scenario because the buying power of IQD will be what it will be and it makes no good impression to describe a LOP and deny that you are speaking of one. If you're calling BS, call it what it is.

By the way, all the exclamation points don't make your opinion any more plausible and I take exception to the notion that you may be hollering at me. B)

and, if they do an "In Country" Redenomination, where exactly do you think you will exchange in this scenario?, are you going to try to get into Iraq to exchange? :lol::lol::lol: I might add, RD is worst case scenario

As a non-resident of Iraq ... if they do a redenomination, whether it's in country or out of it is a non issue. If you don't live there, WHY would you need to exchange it? You can't spend Iraqi dinar anyplace else but Iraq, so exchanging it would be pointless. Not only that, but it's not worth much right now, so, again ... why bother exchanging it?

Yes RD without RV is worst case.

GO RV !!

Did I not read somewhere that the 25 dinar would value around 100 dollars? Isn't that what one of the Iraqi dude's said? If that's the case, and if they are not replacing the 25,000, but eventually taking it out of circulation ...then haven't they re-valued? When you do the math...one million dinar divided by 25 = 40,000 (25 denominations) and if the value of the 25 dinar note is valued at 100 dollars, then 100 x 40,000 (25 denominations) = 4,000,000 us dollars. If they are taking away the bills with 000's, and not re-valueing then it defeats the purpose of not having to carry around suitcases of money, you would have to carry trunk loads to get the same amount.

I know we have to wait and see. :)

Hoping for the best for all!

If 25 IQD = $100.00 then 1 IQD = $4.00...

Not likely my friend. My personal opinion lends itself to the $.20 - $.50 range initially, but it is correct to acknowledge that CBI and GOI may do a flat RD (LOP). I simply do not believe they will do this because of the fact that many trade and potential trade partners would be offended that GOI put a pile of **** in their hands to benefit themselves. I simply cannot believe that is the best way to begin trading in the WTO. B)

• Upvote 1

You are misinformed about the value being one amount in Iraq, and another value for everyplace outside of Iraq.

If this currency changes in value and makes it to the FOREX, the FOREX amount is the value worldwide. FOREX doesn't stipulate one value for one country and a different value everywhere else - THAT FIGURE IS what it's worth, no matter where you live.

GO RV !!!

BJB you have been the one resounding and nearly lone voice of reason on this entire thread, thank you for your common sense and great attention to clarity. Whew!

B)

PEACE

Pretty good post. You really raised the bar with your dissertation on respect. For you come out swinging and end with "PEACE" is more disengenuous than anything I have seen recently. If you have truly been reading this "crap" for "a long number of years" then you are well aware as to the number of times the LOP has been hashed and re-hashed. It is a tiresome and problematic topic that many people cannot come to grips with and to carelessly throw it around yet again just starts another round of needless discussion. There are volumes on the subject to be found in the LOP Talk Forum. That was the appropriate place for this topic and I would have known to avoid it in the first place, but Easy has been here for a while and I pointed out that he unnecessarily propagated confusion in the minds of many "newbies". If you're not one of them don't sweat it. Also, if you have truly been reading about the IQD for a "long number of years" then it would seem to me that you should be teaching on the subject and not provoking others to spend time responding to you.

You are the one sounding like a "KID in high school" by attempting to insult my opinion and then demanding that respect be granted. In fact, it is rather juvenille to have jumped to the assumption that I was speaking in any way negative "about NEWBIES". It rather seems that you may be self conscious about your status in the world to have felt so offended at the mere mention of "newbies"... It is not shameful to be a newbie. It is not degrading in any way because we were all there in the begining of our journey with IQD. I was once a newbie as were you.

As for your last, somewhat rhetorical question, I am a reasonably intelligent (but not exceptionally so because I'm exchanging stupidities with you right now) individual and therefore the answer should have been obvious as to why I am on this site. In spite of the growing number of jack-^$$3$ this is still the best and most informative site on the web. B)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you doing exactly what your telling Pureau not to do? I actually thought he was defending the newbies, trying not to confuse them, and you got all defensive and attacked him. I love it when people tell someone not to bash while they are calling them names. That IS classic high school. Just sayin, not meaning any disrespect, just found it odd. Pureau has been here a long time and in my opinion, doesn't deserve to be bashed. But what do I know? Just my humble observation.

You had the correct take on it... I do deserve to be challenged or bashed, if you will, because I post on this site. I am willing to be viewed correctly or incorrectly for the priviledge of my free speech, but that person was waaaay off base. Even Easy (to whom I responded) met my post with a little humor and called me grumpy and said I needed a nap. That is the free exchange of ideas and easy enough to stomach. It is the ones that come from left field in the manner this one did that kinda makes you feel sorry for the ones in the world who have no grasp of context and intent... It is what it is though.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Pureau79 B)

T H A N K

Y O U!!!!!!!!

*thumpcrash* <~~~~ me falling out of my chair at the kind words and high praise from pureau. I really tried to be concise and clear in what I said, and to shed some light on a VERY complicated, twisted and convoluted situation that has numerous possible outcomes.

:bow: to you and for your generosity, pureau, and give thanks.

So, can I buy you a beer?

GO RV !!!!

*thumpcrash* <~~~~ me falling out of my chair at the kind words and high praise from pureau. I really tried to be concise and clear in what I said, and to shed some light on a VERY complicated, twisted and convoluted situation that has numerous possible outcomes.

:bow: to you and for your generosity, pureau, and give thanks.

So, can I buy you a beer?

GO RV !!!!

Certainly. A beer would be really great...