Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bookmark this thread: There will be NO RV!

WayCoolJr

The scenario described in the original post (OP) only covers what happens when currency is re-denominated.

OF COURSE the value doesn't change ... because it's simply a re-denomination, wherein they remove the larger bills from circulation and replace them with smaller denominations of THE SAME VALUE.

The OP is not telling us anything new. The post being quoted has been posted here numerous times.

All the hoopla over nothing ... literally.

Not only that - but why come in here and be a seagull? Seagulls fly around, squawking and making a lot of noise, pooping all over everything, and then they fly away leaving confusion and chaos."THERE WILL BE NO RV" ... well, no, if you base your conclusion on the information in the OP alone, then it would look like the RV can't happen.

Those among us who don't base our opinion and conclusion on that post alone, but who get our information from many other sources, will make different conclusions based on other facts such as:

WTO won't allow Iraq to become a full member without a working government in place (which is happening), and without a currency that's viable and worth more than wallpaper. The WTO gave Iraq a deadline of 30 June 2011 to dot their i's and cross their t's ... which is actually an extension of the original deadline of 30 December 2011.

UN Sanctions are being lifted today (30 June) which opens the doors for Iraq to be able to export their resources (which are vast, significant, and will bring them stability.)

To re-denominate WITHOUT revaluation is ridiculous, pointless, and serves NO ONE ... well, ok, it serves the citizens of Iraq in one important way: It makes carrying around their worthless money easier because they won't need a huge wad of bills in order to buy milk, but that's about it. Their money will STILL be worth less than a penny against the dollar, and they STILL won't be able to spend it outside of Iraq because the IQD isn't recognized on FOREX or in any other country as currency open for trade. Without RV after RD, there's really no point in wasting the ink and paper to print the new bills.

If Iraq wishes to become a major player in world economics, they need currency that is recognized and respected. No one will invest in Iraq or help with the rebuilding of their infrastructure (roads, schools, power plants, hospitals, etc) if they will only be paid in IQD at the rate it's worth today. The citizens of Iraq will still live in the hole they've lived in for 20 years.

it might not happen today or tomorrow ... but it's imminent, based on what I have read.

That's the thing about seagulls ... they're rats with wings.

GO RV !!

• Upvote 2

Waycooljr....You have a right for your options, but so do I.

I will not be swayed by "The Spin Doctors" and I will remain neutral until something OFFICIAL comes down the pipe. Until it's official, we really won't know the truth. So while we wait, there's no need to consider this a lost cause.

I am riding this all the way to the top OR all the way to the bottom. I am prepared for both! What it is, is what it is!!! Neither you, Nor I know yet, what it will be. There's a reason for that. They don't want us to know anything for sure.

I am enjoying the ride, but it sounds like you're not.:tiphat:

Well said BlueJeanBaby....+1 from Jolly Roger.

Waycooljr....You have a right for your options, but so do I.

I will not be swayed by "The Spin Doctors" and I will remain neutral until something OFFICIAL comes down the pipe. Until it's official, we really won't know the truth. So while we wait, there's no need to consider this a lost cause.

I am riding this all the way to the top OR all the way to the bottom. I am prepared for both! What it is, is what it is!!! Neither you, Nor I know yet, what it will be. There's a reason for that. They don't want us to know anything for sure.

I am enjoying the ride, but it sounds like you're not.:tiphat:

Well said BlueJeanBaby....+1 from Jolly Roger.

Stop that, Roger ... you're making me blush.

:D

• Upvote 1

Someone brought up a point yesterday about the Turkish lira and how it was redenominated and revalued simultaneously in, I believe, 2005. After doing some reading on it and compared to some stuff I found in 2 IMF reports I read and posted on the 28th of June, the Turkish Lira model does seem very plausible. I want an RV bad, got my eye on a farm, but the more reading I do on this, I feel I am gonna have to get that farm through hard work and continuing my education now laugh.gif.

Then inform us, please! WC is at least trying to explain the logic of why a redenomination makes a lot of sense. I understand that people don't want there to be a RD, but that doesn't make WC wrong or uninformed. The historical record suggests there has NEVER been a revaluation as everyone seems to be expecting here. Never. The Kuwait RV was not similar to this at all. It would be historically unprecedented if the dinar suddenly revalued at several times it value overnight. That doesn't mean it won't occur. But it makes the odds very, very unlikely. That is not blabbering. That is a strong suggestion that WC is right. Redenominations, on the other hand, occur quite regularly. It's a very common tool that gov't's use to give the perception of value to their currency. However, an RD does not change the purchasing power of the currency. It does give the impression that the currency has strength (even if it hasn't changed). A dinar/dollar exchange rate of 1/1 makes it seem as though the currency is stronger that if it is 1170/1. But anybody who understands foreign currency exchange knows it is not the specific rate of the currency that defines how strong it is. It's the direction of the movement (in a floating, unencumbered market) that determines how strong it is. You can sling insults all you want. But if you want credibility, you need to provide evidence of why "you know better". Otherwise you're just another delusional poster that got sucked into the overnight millionaires club.

Notice NO ONE is answering your post. Deep down inside most everyone here KNOWS the RV is a scam! It's the PERFECT sceme by the dinar sellers to sell dinars and to raise everyone's hopes up to unrealisitic levels!

No one is making money but the dinar sellers! There is not a single legit article from a legit source that says the RV is real. On the other hand there are good articles saying the RV is a scam like the one I posted in the OP. There are actually quite a few on the net and it makes PERFECT sense how the entire RV illusion was created by pumpers just to sell dinars! What better way to do it??

Just like the guy I talked to in 2005 who SWORE it would happen before January 1,2006! Some naive people here are falling for the same lines and hype!

• Downvote 2

Notice NO ONE is answering your post. Deep down inside most everyone here KNOWS the RV is a scam! It's the PERFECT sceme by the dinar sellers to sell dinars and to raise everyone's hopes up to unrealisitic levels!

No one is making money but the dinar sellers! There is not a single legit article from a legit source that says the RV is real. On the other hand there are good articles saying the RV is a scam like the one I posted in the OP. There are actually quite a few on the net and it makes PERFECT sense how the entire RV illusion was created by pumpers just to sell dinars! What better way to do it??

Just like the guy I talked to in 2005 who SWORE it would happen before January 1,2006! Some naive people here are falling for the same lines and hype!

With all due respect....why are you here then? To enlighten us on how stupid we all are? Give me a break.

Your full of Crap. Ali's troubles had nothing to do with his selling or misrepresenting the Dinar. Go back in your rabbit hole and shut the he'll up

I actually spoke to Ali and he said you should be prepared to lose your entire investment in case it goes the other way. He also said he thinks it's more likely you'll see a gradual increase in the dinar over years and decades as opposed to a huge RV gain overnight! He later confirmed that in an article I read on InvestorsIraq.

If you guys want to believe in fantasy then why don't you play the game Final Fantasy or something? I'm telling you the REALITY that the RV is no more real than Arthur the Aardvark!

• Downvote 1

You and networth should go on a honeymoon. lol :lol:

*Grabbing my broom to swat away the ra ... I mean the seagull.

Seriously ... WHY are you here? Since when do you know what's 'deep inside' or anyone but yourself?

Your OP was nothing but propaganda. People have been making money on foreign exchange transfers for decades and decades - why should this be any different? It's LEGAL for the dealers to charge a fee, and if there are people foolish enough to pay ... then who's fault is it? Not saying I agree or support what happens then ... but SO WHAT!

No one is being taken advantage of without their consent, so again ... W H Y are you here? You're not telling us anything we don't already know, and if you've been around as long as you say, then you KNOW IT.

*swat swat swat* now shooo !

Hello my friend! I am an atheist too! Don't forget Jesus was MYTHICAL!! There are dozens of gods around that area like Mithras, Horus, Jesus, Tammuz, Hercules, Dionysis, Osiris, Isis, etc. So they're ALL real right? LMAO!!

When people go to church or read the bible you simply read the STORY of a god NOT the evidence of a god! Don't forget there are stories of HUNDREDS of gods on earth. Has nothing to do with them being real.

I'm SORRY for the digression! I just got turned on when I saw Atheist! :D

I will NOT bring it up again! Back on topic!

Dear WAY COOL

This is the first real thing you've posted, although it is the religion topic.

Your posts about the dinar are worthless. We are already invested and will wait and see. So why bug us?

Except perhaps you have your hand where it shouldn't be while you are posting these gloom and doom messages...

Hello my friend! I am an atheist too! Don't forget Jesus was MYTHICAL!! There are dozens of gods around that area like Mithras, Horus, Jesus, Tammuz, Hercules, Dionysis, Osiris, Isis, etc. So they're ALL real right? LMAO!!

When people go to church or read the bible you simply read the STORY of a god NOT the evidence of a god! Don't forget there are stories of HUNDREDS of gods on earth. Has nothing to do with them being real.

I'm SORRY for the digression! I just got turned on when I saw Atheist! :D

I will NOT bring it up again! Back on topic!

Well I thought your post and subsequent replies was a bunch of crap. But now that you come out with this second bunch of crap you just proved what I thought all along. I tell you what...you pucker up and I'll bend over and...you get the picture?

Well I thought your post and subsequent replies was a bunch of crap. But now that you come out with this second bunch of crap you just proved what I thought all along. I tell you what...you pucker up and I'll bend over and...you get the picture?

I can tell the words of a SORE LOSER!! Your MYTHICAL Jesus won't ever appear on earth like he promised and your MYTHICAL RV won't ever happen!!

Just check this thread every day and you'll see I'm 100% right boy!!

• Downvote 4