Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Debt Ceiling Agreement Tied to Iraq Bank Reboot?

As has been widely reported, here and elsewhere, House Republicans have refused to raise the debt ceiling without a corresponding decrease in government spending. Today, Vice President Joe Biden led another round of talks designed to break the impasse and Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Az.) told reporters July 1 is the new target date for a deal. On Saturday, President Obama is scheduled to play golf with House Speaker John Boehner (R-Oh.), presumably with a goal of hammering out an agreement.

(Note the July 1 date...the same date the 2 iraqi gov banks are due to be rebooted by..could happen sooner according to Scooter)

Link

As has been widely reported, here and elsewhere, House Republicans have refused to raise the debt ceiling without a corresponding decrease in government spending. Today, Vice President Joe Biden led another round of talks designed to break the impasse and Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Az.) told reporters July 1 is the new target date for a deal. On Saturday, President Obama is scheduled to play golf with House Speaker John Boehner (R-Oh.), presumably with a goal of hammering out an agreement.

(Note the July 1 date...the same date the 2 iraqi gov banks are due to be rebooted by..could happen sooner according to Scooter)

Link

My belief is that if the two were indeed linked, our politicians would be the biggest dinar holders in the world. :lol:

My belief is that if the two were indeed linked, our politicians would be the biggest dinar holders in the world. :lol:

Who says they are not! Have you seen how wealthy MOST of them ar? Trust me where the money is so are the rich people. Just saying...I do not put anything pass them!

Really, do you really believe that Iraq has anything to do with the US budget crisis? First it was Rush Limbaugh and now this......Sorry but no

It was an observation, that's all. I thought it interesting and am sorry you didn't.

As for Rush Limbaugh, I don't follow him so I have no idea what your alluding to.

Who says they are not! Have you seen how wealthy MOST of them ar? Trust me where the money is so are the rich people. Just saying...I do not put anything pass them!

I guess my opinion of our current crop of politicians is that if they WERE huge dinar holders then we would know it.......they can't keep their mouths shut about themselves. Just imaging the size of the dinar "package" Congressman Weiner would have. :lol:

I guess my opinion of our current crop of politicians is that if they WERE huge dinar holders then we would know it.......they can't keep their mouths shut about themselves. Just imaging the size of the dinar "package" Congressman Weiner would have. :lol:

Now thats funny! (And true)

I'm not real heavy into fanancial matters, but doesn't that coincide with the beginning of a new physcal year ? Maybe that's why that particular date is used.

[/quot/]

negative tommyboy...the fiscal year for the U.S. starts on october 1st and ends septempber 31st of the following calander year. i understand that a couple of the gurus are confused on that fact, but hey...they are gurus so they are confused on quite a bit