Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Shabbs to speak at Arab Conference

Update:  CBI Governor Shabibi will speak June 23rd at 12:30 pm (Agenda: Link)

THE INTERNATIONAL ARAB BANKING SUMMIT (IABS) 2011

The Union of Arab Banks and Associazione Bancaria Italian will host the annual International Arab Banking Summit (IABS) for 2011 in Rome-Italy on the 23rd – 24th of June 2011.

The Summit is the annual international platform for ministers, governors of central banks, leading bankers, decision-makers and representatives of public and private sectors from various continents to meet and discuss issues of concern to the international banking community and wider world economy.

The wave of uprising and unrest taking place across the MENA region is set to have major impact on the regional and international economies. Politics is inseparable from the economy, and changes in politics lead to changes in the economy. The challenges that the political scene imposes on the national, regional and international economies require a bigger voluntary contribution for all economic sectors in various initiatives particularly the banking system to detain the negative implications and commence with the economic recovery process.

Definitely, the political transformations would have domestic effects in each country, however, the strategic location and resources the MENA possess would unquestionably touch the heart of the global economy.

From this part, IABS 2011’s main objective is to showcase the impact of the recent developments on the EU-MENA partnerships and cross-border business relations.

THEME TOPICS:

*The Rome Summit aims at presenting: -The Current Developments in the MENA Region and itsimpact on the Global Economy.

The EU-MENA economic and investment relations development amidst the political instability.

Small and MediumEnterprise ) SMEs( for Socio Economic Development “Mediterranean Partnership Fund”

Strengthening Corporate Governance for financial market reform and crisis prevention.

The Development of Islamic Banking and Finance and investment opportunities in the European Markets.

*The annual International Arab Banking Summit will comprise of the following elements: Working papers, by senior government and banking officials, and leading economic and financial experts from the region and the international community.

Panel discussions, moderated by senior bankers and businessmen thus allowing for more informative, in-depth and useful sessions.

An exhibition for sponsoring institutions, whereby the participating institutions and companies would be able to establish and develop business ties.

The International Arab Banking Summit platform for representatives of the public and private sectors, as well as leading bankers, to meet and discuss issues of utmost concern to the Arab and international economies as well as their financial institutions.

The Summit, through its plenary panel discussions, will focus on shaping some ideas, amidst the recent developments, about new areas of partnering which could put the Arab and international economies, businesses, and financial institutions on the right track towards sustainable growth and prosperity.

The Summit also introduces sponsors to the Arab region and worldwide. Sponsors have the opportunity to demonstrate to a high-profile audience areas in which their organizations excel.

The summit will feature distinguished Participation from regional and

• The World Bank

• The Federal Reserve System Board – Washington

• The European Banking Federation (EBF)

• Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Italy

• The President of the Lazio Region

• French Banking Federation

• Central Bank of Italy

• Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BIS)

• Central Bank of Pakistan

http://another site.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/update-world-union-of-arab-bankers-rome-to-host-intl-arab-banking-summit-june-23-24/

• Upvote 3

not so sure if this is good news or not. one would think that if iraq were to rv in the next couple of weeks, shabibi's presence would be an absolute necessity at the cbi, in BAGHDAD! i can't imagine that all hell will not break loose for a while until the dinar seeks its level. so, it seems unlikely that an rv is imminent if shabibi is speaking in rome. the only other thought might be that it would be a great way to "steal the show" if he showed up already RV"D, but, i dont know. baghdad will be an even crazier place than it already is x's a zillion once the rv hits. seems like the leader of the band can't be off doing a show somewhere else when that happens. JMO...

• Downvote 1

not so sure if this is good news or not. one would think that if iraq were to rv in the next couple of weeks, shabibi's presence would be an absolute necessity at the cbi, in BAGHDAD! i can't imagine that all hell will not break loose for a while until the dinar seeks its level. so, it seems unlikely that an rv is imminent if shabibi is speaking in rome. the only other thought might be that it would be a great way to "steal the show" if he showed up already RV"D, but, i dont know. baghdad will be an even crazier place than it already is x's a zillion once the rv hits. seems like the leader of the band can't be off doing a show somewhere else when that happens. JMO...

Shabbs absolutely has to be at the conference. It's the International Arab Banking Summit. He's the governor of what will probably be one of the most powerful banks in MENA. He could very well be discussing Iraq in a post-RV scenario when he arrives in Rome. My guess he'll be talking about the advances that the Iraqi banking system has made, and possibly the resetting of the Rasheed and Radifian banks.

IMO, any time that Shabbs pokes his head out it's a good thing.

• Upvote 4

It will come like a theif in the night, when you least expect it. Nobody knows when that will be

Hey man, that's Jesus that comes like that. I think we'll be shocked that it finally happened when it happens....but we all are going to be very vigilent until then. If you don't believe me....just ask the pumpers!!!

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Very simple as I stated on another thread.

The meeting is 23 and 24. That is a Thursday Friday. He will be in Iraq when it RV's. THey will not RV and then in two days head to this meeting. That would leave a possible SundayMonday for an RV. The odds would be after the meeting. It will be pretty busy for the CBI when this happens. They will want to be around for the first week of the RV. So, IMO 26 is earliest

Very simple as I stated on another thread.

The meeting is 23 and 24. That is a Thursday Friday. He will be in Iraq when it RV's. THey will not RV and then in two days head to this meeting. That would leave a possible SundayMonday for an RV. The odds would be after the meeting. It will be pretty busy for the CBI when this happens. They will want to be around for the first week of the RV. So, IMO 26 is earliest

Fair enough.

Shabbs absolutely has to be at the conference. It's the International Arab Banking Summit. He's the governor of what will probably be one of the most powerful banks in MENA. He could very well be discussing Iraq in a post-RV scenario when he arrives in Rome. My guess he'll be talking about the advances that the Iraqi banking system has made, and possibly the resetting of the Rasheed and Radifian banks.

IMO, any time that Shabbs pokes his head out it's a good thing.

Thanks zaborniake. I like the spin you put on that. :)