Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

us military suggested they buy Dinar

sailin12

I was at aFirst Citizen bank today in NC and the conversation with teller went to the topic of Iraq dinar. Of course she informs me the investment is bad but she also told me many military were told to buy the dinar for investment while they were there. is there truth to this.? I'm former USAF (retired) and never heard this before...How much of this info truth?

• Upvote 1

I was at aFirst Citizen bank today in NC and the conversation with teller went to the topic of Iraq dinar. Of course she informs me the investment is bad but she also told me many military were told to buy the dinar for investment while they were there. is there truth to this.? I'm former USAF (retired) and never heard this before...How much of this info truth?

Just my 2 cents,, many of us working as Expats are also retired USAF etc.

We work for airlines in the UAE, many are invested.

Will this thing go as we hope,,no one knows.

But its better to be invested and nothing happens rather than not be to invested and look at what could have been later.

• Upvote 5

the military is trying to down size dramaticly and if a service member has enough money thaey can just chapter them out it makes sense to me if there are enough service members invested and they all suddenly have a lot of money well they can reduce there numbers by thousands

Edited by john.sherry1
  • Upvote 1

I was never told we could buy dinar when i was in iraq in 07-08, but my father was there in 09-10 and he bought most of his dinar when he was over there in country. he could only buy 200 usd worth a month.

• Upvote 1

Not true. Servicemen and women in Iraq are ABLE to buy dinar at finance, but not required to for any personal reasons. If a certain mission dictate purchases made on the Iraqi economy, soldiers are provided any monetary needs. Some soldiers buy dinar for ease of use in the local market place, but it's purely their decision.

As far as buying dinar as an investment, while many are doing it, it does go against section 20 of the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) which prohibits the export of Iraqi currency by soldiers, civilians, and contractors.

BTW, i'm returning right now from a 4 month tour there.....

Gbosh

I think its about time this is said.

For all of those service men and women out there both past and present who give so much of themselves and their families to protect our country and allow us the freedoms that we all have. I THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless every single one of you. I love you all and mean it.

Go RV!

• Upvote 2

Hello all

I retired from the Marine Corps in 2007 and puchased my Dinar in April of 2004 while I was in Iraq, alot of the Marines did.

It's been a long ride since then but I hopeful for a return on my investment

Go RV

Synnister