Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New AC Newsletter

pokerplayer

A part of me say's that this isn't worth addressing but I feel like you're just 'not getting it' and I have to make myself SUPER CLEAR.

Some people are said to have 'selective hearing' and then there is YOU, who has 'selective reading'.

Once again, (while you're trying to make your point in large blue writing), I am NOT REFERRING TO THE LOWER DENOMS IN MY POSTS!.

I'm really baffled as to why you're just not getting that after I explained that to you in two posts and others have as well above.

Just please stop writing me. Your posts are confusing to say the least.

Casper says lower denoms do not exists, and they do! I also believe AC means new currency as in new denominations.

Edited by Casper
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

DUDE!!!!! ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CASPER DID NOT POST THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE MISREADING IT! YOU'RE OFF TOPIC!

CAN'T WE JUST MOVE ON NOW!!!!!!! SHEESH!!!

Casper says lower denoms do not exists, and they do! I also believe AC means new currency as in new denominations.

Looks to me they are ready to go anytime they so choose!

Edited by TAE
  • Upvote 7

Whatever. You're entitiled to believe whatever you want. Some also think that Elvis is still alive too.

But I read Pokerplayers post from AC and it did specify new Iraqi currency. I think I know how to read, been doing it for 60 yrs. now! ;-)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

The final details of the plan were reviewed in the White House Situation Room by President Bush and the National Security Council on March 12, 2003. I attended that meeting. Treasury Secretary John Snow opened the presentation with a series of slides. “As soon as control over the Iraqi government is established,” the first slide read, we plan to “use United States dollars to pay civil servants and pensioners. Later, depending on the situation on the ground, we would decide about the new currency.” Another slide indicated that we could ship $100 million in small denominations to Baghdad on one week’s notice. President Bush approved the plan with the understanding that we would review the options for a new Iraqi currency later, when we knew the situation on the ground.

Thanks for the post Inheritance! The only problem I have with this is who knows what they considered small demominations at that time, it very well could have been the 50 ,250 and 500 notes.

If I am not mistaken I believe there was an article quite a while back stating that 14 denominations were printed at the same time the larger denoms were printed.

But then again there were articles out late last year stating that the new currency (whenever it was printed) would have the Arabic, Kurdish and English languages on them.

Just like all news coming out of Iraq, it is so difficult to sift through what is the truth and what is B.S.

Just staying caustiously optomistic, Hoping that the small denoms we are all waiting for were printed along time ago, but it would not suprise me if they were not!

God Bless!

Edited by jlldrs
  • Upvote 1

"Not worth the read?" LOL, then why do you keep coming back and reading?! (P.S. Just a comment inheritance, don't really want an answer. Won't be able to decipher it.) Not to mention I'm so tired of looking at that large blue writing.

In all who cares? I will make money, and American C*ntract*rs post as always are not worth the read!

Edited by Casper
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I am curious IYHO pokerplayer---Is this influenced by DT folding up ,if he truly was 80 % of the foriegn market sales {private} then they would need more day to day currency sales to stay solvent or at least keep thier heads above water

capt cliff

Thanks for the post Inheritance! The only problem I have with this is who knows what they considered small demominations at that time, it very well could have been the 50 ,250 and 500 notes.

If I am not mistaken I believe there was an article quite a while back stating that 14 denominations were printed at the same time the larger denoms were printed.

But then again there were articles out late last year stating that the new currency (whenever it was printed) would have the Arabic, Kurdish and English languages on them.

Just like all news coming out of Iraq, it is so difficult to sift through what is the truth and what is B.S.

Just staying caustiously optomistic, Hoping that the small denoms we are all waiting for were printed along time ago, but it would not suprise me if they were not!

God Bless!

I will agree with that… Remember XE.com stated the following last year, and I know we all have seen it. In order for XE.com to say this they had to be ready last year but the government screwed that up.

Notice: IQD may be redenominated:

In 2010, the Central Bank of Iraq announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. The intention would be to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes; but the actual value of the dinar would remain unchanged. That would mean that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) would both be worth the same amount in US Dollars. Although the announcement stated that the change would take place by the end of 2010, there has been no redenomination as of January 2011 and no further announcements have been made. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system." For more information about the redenomination, read "Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination

http://www.xe.com/currency/iqd-iraqi-dinar

Also we all have seen this one…

Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination

Iraqi dinars are stacked at a teller's window in a Najaf bank.

February 06, 2010

BAGHDAD -- The Iraqi Central Bank is planning to redenominate the national currency in an effort to ease transactions and allow people to carry less paper money, RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq (RFI) reports.

Mudhhir Muhammad Salih, a member of a Central Bank advisory panel, told RFI that a plan has been made to remove three zeros from the currency and phase out the current banknotes late this year.

Salih said by the end of 2010 the new banknotes will be fully introduced while the old banknotes will be gradually removed from circulation. He did not specify when the new notes would be issued.

Both will be legal tender in Iraq until the old notes are completely withdrawn.

Iraqi officials have had a long-running plan to redenominate the Iraqi dinar. In 2006, the Finance Ministry recommended to the Central Bank that it carry out such a plan.

Salih pointed out that banks are having a hard time accepting cash savings and deposits, but by dropping the zeros it will make it easier for both the banks to deal with their customers and for the general public to carry money. He said some 80 percent of Iraq's money supply is cash in circulation.

Salih added that in 1990 the value of banknotes in circulation was about 25 billion Iraqi dinars but is currently some 25 trillion dinars.

Economic analyst Hilal al-Tahhan told RFI that the bank's move is overdue. He said he expects the currency change to go smoothly because of the decision to allow both the old and new banknotes to coexist, leading to less turbulence in the economy.

The current exchange rate is 1,167 Iraqi dinars to the U.S. dollar.

http://www.rferl.org/content/Iraq_Planning_Currency_Redenomination/1950504.html

So regardless of what AC, or Casper was alluding to with his statements, and I quote.

“Today, I got some additional, interesting information. The new

Iraqi currency has been placed on hold. With the excuse being that

with all the recent activities & transitions of the CBI bank (as

well as the Iraqi government) it has just not been printed. I know

this may be conflicting with what some of you have been told on

some forums/blogs but this is factual & up to date information.

There are no bills at this time. The printing of them is on hold.”

The only new currency we will see will be new lower denominations, and I truly believe they have already been produced, and ready to go. There will be no other new currency in the immediate future. So I can only assume AC was alluding to new lower denominations.

"Not worth the read?" LOL, then why do you keep coming back and reading?! (P.S. Just a comment inheritance, don't really want an answer. Won't be able to decipher it.) Not to mention I'm so tired of looking at that large blue writing.

I write two or three lines at best most the time, and you can’t decipher it? You have other issues then! You are defending AC like your on his payroll lmao!

Edited by inheritance
  • Upvote 4

I am curious IYHO pokerplayer---Is this influenced by DT folding up ,if he truly was 80 % of the foriegn market sales {private} then they would need more day to day currency sales to stay solvent or at least keep thier heads above water

capt cliff

Thank-you for asking capt.cliff' , I personally believe this is just AC's spin on thing's. He maybe trying to read something into the DT issues of late, but I could very well be wrong...lol. That would make twice in my life, as I did buy that 66' Ford falcon back in the day.... J/K.

Thats the best I can tell you as I am not really in the know, so to speak.

pp

Even though my own thinking and opinion falls in line with the last 2 or 3 AC posts, I dont like the guy....

I don't want to be pumped but I don't need a negative slant on everything either and he hasn't always been 100%.

He follows current events just like us, he just gets the news quicker probably because he's in iraq and we have to wait for it to be posted online.

He may or may not be here working in Iraq in some special capacity like he claims...either way, whoop tee doo...do u think if he ever found out about something before it was officially announced he would leak it out? I don't think so.

• Upvote 1

AC has consistently been right. People hate on him because it's not what they want to hear. For example about 2 months ago he said the Arab Summit will be delayed till next year and then last week what happens??? Announced that it was delayed to march 2012.. That's just 1 example, plus he's been adding pictures lately which I don't see those pics floating around on google and seems to be very legit. Go AC, Go Dinar

• Upvote 7

What most people don't understand is that contractors in Iraq do a whole lot more than you can imagine. You don't know who AC is and what he does. From his letters you can definitely see that he is not just another laborer out here (no offence to any labor people, this is just for comparison purposes). The government and the military rely heavily on civilian contractors. Walk through any base out here and you will see more civilians walking around than military. We should all be thankful that he even gives us some of the information that he knows, sees and hears. None of us want to hear that there will be no RV in May 2011, but fact of the matter is that he is probably right. Stop living in denial....

"Denial is a common tactic that substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning." - CHARLES TREMPER

• Upvote 5