Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why do so many think Allawi is better than Maliki?

Can anyone here explain why Allawi is any better than Maliki? What great accomplishment does he have under his belt? Did he bring the Iraqi people together? Did he end sectarian violence? I am beginning to think things could be worse if he becomes PM AGAIN. He didn't do anything that could be considered remarkable when he was PM. What great thing did he do? He seems to spend alot of time out of country. He is not a fighter, more like a whiner. I am no M fan, but A didn't do anything worth mentioning when he was PM.

I don't care which is PM, but they need to stop the power battles...work together for the common good of Iraq. Go RV!!!

My point is that Allawi already had the PM spot before Maliki and didn't do squat. What makes many here think that he would do anything different than Maliki?

Maliki is synonymous with corruption and is pro Iran , the Saudis dont trust his a$$.He also weaseled his way to being Prime-Minister after the official elections results were done.

Allawi ,is more respected and trusted by the Iraqis ,also alot more pro american .

Maliki is synonymous with corruption and is pro Iran , the Saudis dont trust his a$$.He also weaseled his way to being Prime-Minister after the official elections results were done.

Allawi ,is more respected and trusted by the Iraqis ,also alot more pro american .

I 2nd that

My point is that Allawi already had the PM spot before Maliki and didn't do squat. What makes many here think that he would do anything different than Maliki?

I believe it went someting like this.

Allawi was appointed by us to hold the spot till election could take place. Then he did not run in that election. and we are now where we are Allawi did win this one but did not get his group together fast enough and lost to Maliki.

Nevermore says THE RAVEN

Edited by nevermore

Unfortunately, corruption, delusions of grandeur, aspirations of being a dictator, and lack of concern for the governed seem to be what the Iraqis desire, as they seem to gravitate to those traits in their leaders.

If they had a cadidate that was honest, cared for the people, no past history of graft or corruption, guilty of integrity, capable of ethical decisions and moral actions....... The candidate would not have a chance.

Those traits seem so foreign to what the society has accepted as the norm that anyone honorable is seen as a liabiity.

Unfortunately, they elect what they understand, and suffer the violence and neglect that their choices bring...

I am not sure they are capable of grasping the concepts that a democratic voting process could yield.....

Allawi is a much more polished candidate. He brings more of a European distinguished presence and appears more focused on uniting then dividing. He has a better vision and a plan. Although he has awful allegations leveled against him as well. He reaches out to neighboring countries like Jordan, Kuwait, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia. He refuses Iranian intervention. He has a credible concern for the citizens and where to lead the divided country for a better and different future. The Kurds did not join him because he would not promise things to them he could not deliver where Maliki lied with a straight face. Sadr couldn't stand him or Maliki but was forced to support Maliki because of Iranian pressure. Remember... Allawi was PM during a civil war and the world was in his face with every move. He certainly has his worts too though.

Maliki is a fraud all the way around. He is the Minister of postponement and misdirection. He jumps to whatever side can give him the edge he needs and will make empty promises to gain that edge. Whether it be to opposing parties, the US, Iran, or members of his own party. He is a dangerous man because he is power hungry and sneaky. He sat idly by while they plundered money and allowed his people to live without electricity all these years. He left corrupt ministers in place fully knowing that they were filtering money to foreign accounts. He had secret prisons and has embraced the art of corruption that is commonplace in Iraq. That is why he has made little attempt to stop it. He works within it to accomplish his tasks and occasionally will appease others by talking tough but never backs it up with action. He keeps things off balanced and in a chaotic state because he does not want his people to prosper. He gets want he wants because of the chaos and because they are constantly in a state of need. He corrupted the election process with de-Baathification and the Supreme Court justices with the largest cluster baloney. He won the election through attrition and not because the US wanted him there. Although, I will confess he is much easier to manipulate than Allawi which could be helpful to US interests. The guy is a bum and will keep his people down until he is out of office. Hopefully, his act has worn so thin that all parties will unite against him and work together in spite of his position in the spirit of the Iraqi constitution. That's my take anyway.

Edited by drox

Unfortunately, corruption, delusions of grandeur, aspirations of being a dictator, and lack of concern for the governed seem to be what the Iraqis desire, as they seem to gravitate to those traits in their leaders.

If they had a cadidate that was honest, cared for the people, no past history of graft or corruption, guilty of integrity, capable of ethical decisions and moral actions....... The candidate would not have a chance.

Those traits seem so foreign to what the society has accepted as the norm that anyone honorable is seen as a liabiity.

Unfortunately, they elect what they understand, and suffer the violence and neglect that their choices bring...

I am not sure they are capable of grasping the concepts that a democratic voting process could yield.....

In ways you are speaking of America, look at what is in Washington DC most of the time. The bankers only give the voters of America diddle de, and diddle duh to vote for. That is a democracy trait. The international banker run the country. Thomas Jefferson told us that a democracy is the most vile form of government ever created by man. I believe him. Most Americans have no idea of the difference between a republic and a democracy.