Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WTO website

slcjarhead

I think the whole need for WTO is baloney, without verification from the WTO site. It appears that the UN Chapter 7 restriction has been lifted, since everyone is now trying to get into Iraq to sell goods or buy oil, thus muting the need for the WTO. Just reading through the lines, it appears that Iraq can negotiate unilaterally with individual countries, also muting the need for the WTO. The last mention of Iraq on the WTO site was in 2008 or 2009. I had mentioned this on another discussion and received a link to a trader, so I am to believe a trading site?

It would be nice to have a WTO link stating this need. :blink:

• Upvote 1

So here's the link to the WTO homepage. Can someone please direct me to the part that says Iraq will become a full member today, because I can't seem to find it.

WTO

I guess I am not as up to date on the rumors as I thought I was.

Was there some knucklehead guru that claimed Iraq would become a full member today?

Dan

jarhead, I posed the same question with the wto link on another thread a last week. I cant find any information that points to/confirms Iraq joining the WTO anytime soon.

Who do you think you are, Niko....

Stop questioning the "presentation". Stop questioning the "intel". Stop questioning the "Gurus". Stop questioning your "logic". Stop questioning the "from the highest" sources. Stop it, stop it, stop it.....!!!!!!

Just "believe" without question and get "pumped".

Remember, "Its going to be the best thanksgiving ever". (Just not sure which year)

Just kinding Niko.

Great to see the outstanding participation on this forum.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Upvote 2

Don't see how IRAQ can join WTO. They don't have any goods they manufacture to trade with other nations internationally (except oil, which does not count). Maybe in time they will have....

They used to have a lot of farming there, that helped supply other countries nearby.

Agriculture is a big factor to that country. In fact, I think the GDP was based upon it. We all forget there are even manufacturering companies over there.

They're looking at making & creating jobs through all avenues.. Such as tourism, creating manufacturering plants, increasing oil flow/exportation, and hopefully soon (An internationally traded currency, where even the CBI makes profit off the buy/sell of the currency).

• Upvote 1

I agree that there was no way Iraq was going to ascend into the WTO this week or anytime real soon. It is my understanding that the WTO is setting up a presence in Iraq to help them progress to ascension (Stargate SG1 anyone?), dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s, etc. I feel confident that the RV is one of those details, so it must occur before Iraq can become a member, but that alone does not imply it has to happen really soon. I don't know if there is any sort of "firm" schedule - but more of a "as things progress."

The intel about contractors being paid in dinar next payday is promising, but that could always be put off again, so hardly written in stone. Same with the very good idea that the RV really needs to happen before the M.E. Summit in Iraq, but even that can be postponed again, or worse, they weary of delays and move it somewhere else.

I'll be happier when I read the the UN Sec. Council finishes lifting Chapter VII. I thought it had, and that's why Kuwait asked them to "keep an eye on Iraq," to be sure they met the rest of the original stipulations - otherwise why the special request? If VII still in effect, then that would mean the UNSC was still waiting for the other issues to be resolved, so no request required. Doesn't it??

My greatest concern is the completion of the GOI. I forget whether it was a WTO or IMF document that clearly states that the CBI cannot RV until they have a full GOI. It isn't a trigger, but is a necessary condition. So those delays are friggin' killin' me.

Here's to all of this becoming mute ASAP!

Peace and Prosperity

Edited by Off-the-grid