Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I cannot access dinarvets.com

I have had no problem accessing the website from anywhere except when I try from my SniperHill ISP in Iraq. It just says I am not allowed to view the site. Any thoughts?

Wow, that is interesting! I don't have a clue, sorry I can't help you.

• Downvote 1

I have had no problem accessing the website from anywhere except when I try from my SniperHill ISP in Iraq. It just says I am not allowed to view the site. Any thoughts?

Dear Madam, given the huge disparity in the quality and accuracy of information disseminated by Dinar Vets and our own wonderful forum here, it just begs the question, "Why would you want to access them"? ...Just sayin' unsure.gif

• Downvote 10

Comment I left on your profile:

Munsch

Today, 03:18 PM

Some internet conenctions (especially military) are locked down due to firewalls and such. Sometimes they prevent storage of cookies too. DV requires cookies to know who you are when logged in. If you are not VIP then you should be able to visit all pages without problems. What exact area are you getting the 200 error code?

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/user/25628-madam-banana/#ixzz1FOJ63Wtz

Dear Madam, given the huge disparity in the quality and accuracy of information disseminated by Dinar Vets and our own wonderful forum here, it just begs the question, "Why would you want to access them"? ...Just sayin' unsure.gif

Go away if you feel that way.... just sayin'...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Comment I left on your profile:

Munsch

Today, 03:18 PM

Some internet conenctions (especially military) are locked down due to firewalls and such. Sometimes they prevent storage of cookies too. DV requires cookies to know who you are when logged in. If you are not VIP then you should be able to visit all pages without problems. What exact area are you getting the 200 error code?

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/user/25628-madam-banana/#ixzz1FOJ63Wtz

I checked and am told nothing is being blocked on this end. Cookies aren't the problem. I can access the site if I use a proxy. The page I get telling me I cannot view the forums is a DV page.

Logo

* DinarVets

* Forums

* What's New?

* Chatroom 81

* Go to VIP

* Your VIP Subscriptions

* Members

* Help

* Gallery

* Search

* Dinar Vets Message Board

* View New Content

* RSS Feed

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help

Search

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#2000] You are not allowed to visit this forum.

You are not signed in

Sign in icon Click here to log in.

Useful Links

* Forgotten Password Recovery

* Register a new account

* Our help documentation

* Contact the forums administrator

Go Back

Skin and Language

Theme:

Language:

Execution Stats

* Time Now: Mar 03 2011 12:42 AM

* Forum Home

* Delete My Cookies

* Mark Board As Read

About DinarVets.com

DinarVets is a community dedicated to discussing Iraq, the Iraqi Dinar, and other investments. It is free to join, so click here to register a free account today!

Privacy & Terms of Service

©DinarVets.com. All rights reserved.

DinarVets.com is part of the Dinar News network.

Need help?

Most commonly asked questions are in the book "RV Intel" by Adam Montana. If you need info now, we highly recommend it! Get it here. http://www.rvintel.com

It says that you're not logged in. Try logging in first. If you are logged in, are you trying to access a restricted area?

No matter what page I access (login page included), I get directed to that one. It seems too be blocked on DV's end since I can log on elsewhere with this or other computers, but not from here with any computer.

I can access the site if I use a proxy.

Those key words tell me it is restrictions setup on whatever you are going through. Proxies allow you to bypass your existing connection by routing it to another internet server elsewhere (like when in U.A.E. you need one to bypass the government's firewall that prevents VOIP) so you can bend the rules to gain access to the site. However you still need cookies to show the site you are logged in. Two things come to mind:

- Make sure you have a check in the check off box when logging in that remembers you on your computer. (If this is a shared computer you will need to just remember each time you are done to log off and clear the cookies and temp files.)

- In the Internet Options (if using Microsoft IE) under the Privacy tab make sure your Settings are set to Medium or something else that will allow first and third party cookies. You can go into the Advance button and override it to prompt you too if you wish.

What it looks like is happening is that every time you navigate from one page to another it looses the cookie (whether it be from not being allowed or deleted upon the next page) which causes you to log out and receive the error about not having permissions to view due to me seeing you have the sign in option again. As a far fetched scenario it could be a banned IP Address through the open proxy you are using too. But if correct you would get a different error message about being banned and not to sign in.

If the computer I use works in the states, and the hotel, and a couple of airport lounges, I am sure the problem does not lie there.

I went to a neighbor who shares the Sniper Hill connection, and the same problem is occurring there. The connection worked fine in the past.

That would seem to make the problem either SniperHill blocking DV or DinarVets denying access from my ISP.

Since DV works with no problem if I use the proxy to mask the IP address, combined with the DV page that says I am not allowed to visit the forum, I am thinking DV is blocking me (us). I think if DV was blocked by Sniper Hill, the error message would originate with them. I've never heard of them blocking anything.

Since I know squat about something of this nature, I will contact SniperHill to see if they can shed any light on this from their end. I appreciate the help you have provided from your end.

Hey Beaver - aren't you a contradiction? What the heck are you doing on this site so that you were in the position to be nasty to the person who asked a legit question. Shoot, I know a site where the annointed one said that he was 90% sure there would be an RV by Oct. 15th and 99% sure it would be before the end of October. Now, he is taking questions as some sort of expert. Look at his answers - he knows nothing, and does not allow for comments. Very pious, though.

It seems to change a little, but this is what I am currently showing:

Sorry for late response, newborn making me lose sleep ... let me ask the admins about the IP Address to see if it is clear and all. Thanks for your patience in all this. Get back to you asap.

I have unbanned that IP.

Thanks. It seems to work. As I said, the last 3 numbers of the address seem to change. If this info helps the mods help others with a similar problem, we are in a node with about 100 internet drops which gets sent wirelessly to a central location, and then it gets shot to the satellite. The IP addresses (on the computer) are set by the router, and are not what shows on a trace. It's all hocus pocus for me.

Thanks again, and thank you Munsch.

Thanks. It seems to work. As I said, the last 3 numbers of the address seem to change. If this info helps the mods help others with a similar problem, we are in a node with about 100 internet drops which gets sent wirelessly to a central location, and then it gets shot to the satellite. The IP addresses (on the computer) are set by the router, and are not what shows on a trace. It's all hocus pocus for me.

Thanks again, and thank you Munsch.

Or so I thought. I am still getting the "not allowed" messages sometimes. I get to the home page but I can't view a topic, click on sign in and denied, go to members, no problem. I dunno???

Or so I thought. I am still getting the "not allowed" messages sometimes. I get to the home page but I can't view a topic, click on sign in and denied, go to members, no problem. I dunno???

You are probably obtaining another IP Address through DHCP. Is there a way to make it static on the one Adam freed up? If not can you tell me the IP range you can have and I will get Adam to look into that range to see if others are banned.

You have to understand though when multiple people use the same internet their actions can cause this to happen. Problem with your setup is the small pool of address for the entire project or base you are on unlike here in States. Once again thanks for you patience.

You are probably obtaining another IP Address through DHCP. Is there a way to make it static on the one Adam freed up? If not can you tell me the IP range you can have and I will get Adam to look into that range to see if others are banned.

You have to understand though when multiple people use the same internet their actions can cause this to happen. Problem with your setup is the small pool of address for the entire project or base you are on unlike here in States. Once again thanks for you patience.

There is a common element so far as I've seen. 95.170.209.xxx

It's weird. I can sometimes view the Tech support, but not rumors, or the sign in page, or not. Goofy.

I have the same thing on my computer over here. IPs change alot over here so is it poss. to get this on unban aswell. I can get into it ever where I log in at but my room