Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MUST READ

Anyone with half a brain knows there is a possibility for a LOP, just as they know there is a possibility for Iraq to spiral into civil war and the IQD can become completely worthless. Why do you keep harping on it? You've been beating the shiit out of this dead horse for a few days now. If people dont get it that a LOP is a possibility then screw them. If one didn't know any better it would seem you are cheer leading for a LOP.

Enough beatdeadhorse5.gif

I was answering MSgt’s question. One Marine talking to another.

Not to be rude… but just don’t open it.

There are people out there who don’t understand.

But your right there is nothing left to say.

AND IN THE SPIRIT OF GOOD NEWS IN A FEW HOURS, IM DONE. GO RV!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I was answering MSgt’s question. One Marine talking to another.

Not to be rude… but just don’t open it.

There are people out there who don’t understand.

But your right there is nothing left to say.

AND IN THE SPIRIT OF GOOD NEWS IN A FEW HOURS, IM DONE. GO RV!!!!!

If not for nothing else, Thanks for being a Marine and for your service. We do appreciate your sacrifices. One way or another this thing will come to a head this week. If it lops, rv's or lops & rv's or whatever we will find out this week (all signs point to this anyway). Arguments can be made for either one. I'm ready for retirement so the side of the fence I'm standing on should be abundantly clear ;)

• Upvote 1

MSgt, Sgt K is absolutely correct. The term LOP is a somewhat made up and ambiguous term.

Many articles mention removing 3 zeros from the Nominal Value of the current IQD. The popular term for removing zeros is LOP.

When articles mention removing 3 zeros from the nominal value of the Dinar (nominal refers to denomination - 25 New IQD = 25,000 Old Dinar notes) some argue they are talking about taking three zeros off the exchange rate ($00085. USD = $.85 USD).

Some who understand and acknowledge the possibility, believe the currency could revalue and redenominate at the same time in a coordinated effort.

Imagine this:

You are the only citizen of Iraq. You currently hold a 25,000 Dinar note. The central bank of Iraq calls you and says “We have new currency (new lower denominations 25 Dinar note). We want you to come in and trade your 25,000 Dinar note for our new 25 Dinar note.

They then explain to you: “the 25,000 Dinar note you currently hold is worth $21.25USD (25,000 x .00085). The new 25 Dinar note has a new exchange rate of $.85USD it is worth $21.25USD (25 x $.85USD).

You go in and trade your old note for a new one. You have not lost or gained in the transaction.

BUT instead of the central bank of Iraq having 25,000 in circulation as they did when you held that note, They now have only 25 Dinar in circulation.

If Iraq does this they will reduce the amount of currency they have in circulation from 27 TRILLION to 27 BILLION. This is referred to as the Money supply. It is abbreviated M1, M2 & M3

If you look at M1, M2 M3 for other counties, it is difficult to believe Iraq’s will be in the trillions rather than billions.

Now there are many other things at play here. There are other economic tools that can be used to obtain their objective. This is one possibility that people do not like to talk about.

Hope that helps??

I have to let you know why I think that this wont work... your understanding is good but calculations are off. Example (.000854/1170 is the current exchange rate) If they LOP the zeros there it becomes (.85), that is not .85US . That's 1USD= .85IQD Meaning that the IQD is worth 1.17 in comparision to the dollar. So while 25,000 /1170=21.36USD if they LOP the zeros on the dinar 25,000=25, then 25x1.17= 29.5 not 21.36. LOPing would decrease their money but at a rate of 1.17, it would be to low. Someone would come in and buy up a crap load of dinar and wait till it shoots up to 3-4.00. I think because they arent really a credit society they can have the increased amount of physical cash in cirrculation. Though I've seen a few reports of retracting some of that cash. I think they can afford to RV at 1-1.70 US with current bills, if they introduce smaller bills at some point and take away the large notes as theyre cashed in. Once they're out they can reduce the amount of cash (new bills) as they expand their credit market and capabilities. Hope that helps.

Sgt K

Edited by roger01

Based on the budget talking about billions and not trillions, I believe they are going to do as one article says...Redonominate the bills. 25 trillion becomes 25 billion. There are a few things I don't get though. While doing this would reduce the total amount of money, it doesn't reduce the amount of cash people have to carry. While raising the exchange rate with the redonomination would give them more purchasing power (also bringing levels back to prior currency amounts) it doesn't reduce the amount of physical cash someone carries. Other than saying Im carrying 250,000 dinars, you're now carrying 250 dinars. You still have the same amount of physical bills. The only way they wouldn't need to carry as much has nothing to do with them only external. Say if the rate went to 3.00, 1,000 dinar becomes 1 dinar, which becomes equivalent to 3.00US. I guess because they can now buy three candy bars instead of just only one they wouldnt have to carry more bills? While I understand it gives them more purchasing power, it doesn't really do **** for our dreams. While we may make some money because of the increase in the exchange rate, it doesn't help the US recover crap for the costs of helping them. I know this sounds like a downer and I will be pretty ticked off if this is in fact what they do.

Also... now they have to print more bills, which will cost them more money when they have brand new bills out here. That wouldnt be a cheap cost either. Maybe a couple of million to print new bills?

I dont think you can just LOP the zeros off the larger bills and not reduce the worth of the smaller bills as well. 250 becomes .25? Otherwises thats theft because a 250 dinar bill would be worthmore than a 25 new dinar bill which was a 25,000 old bill?

Edited by roger01

I suspect if they do this they would need an exchange rate right around 3.30-3.35 to accomplish what they want to do with this budget. I'm still hoping that they have lied all this time and they dont actually have 27 trillion in circulation but only 27 billion. Considering they only have 31 million people and limited expenses...i still think its plausible. Lets say theres 500,000 investors in dinar avg holder has say 300,000 dinar, thats 150,000,000,000 billion. DFI somewhere around 250-300 billion plus 50 billion in reserve. Say they came in at say 1 to 1-2 they could cover this, then redonominate and reduce zeros and raise the exchange rate back to 3.00 after putting out new smaller bills. I know this is a stretch, but I think it could work out for everyone under that senario. Just dreaming!

I have to let you know why I think that this wont work... your understanding is good but calculations are off. Example (.000854/1170 is the current exchange rate) If they LOP the zeros there it becomes (.85), that is not .85US . That's 1USD= .85IQD Meaning that the IQD is worth 1.17 in comparision to the dollar. So while 25,000 /1170=21.36USD if they LOP the zeros on the dinar 25,000=25, then 25x1.17= 29.5 not 21.36. LOPing would decrease their money but at a rate of 1.17, it would be to low. Someone would come in and buy up a crap load of dinar and wait till it shoots up to 3-4.00. I think because they arent really a credit society they can have the increased amount of physical cash in cirrculation. Though I've seen a few reports of retracting some of that cash. I think they can afford to RV at 1-1.70 US with current bills, if they introduce smaller bills at some point and take away the large notes as theyre cashed in. Once they're out they can reduce the amount of cash (new bills) as they expand their credit market and capabilities. Hope that helps.

Sgt K

Thank you Sgt K It helped a lot

You know, praying for anything other than God's will in any situation is charsmatic witchcraft.

I think we need to pray His will if we are going to pray for this RV and this country.

I want this as bad, and need this as bad as anyone, but I would rather be careful.

Thank you iamlizzyb :)

Indeed, sad to say, but this kind of nonsense is what drags our dear Lords name through

the mud. To say it is foolishness, is too light a statement...to say it is a "form of godliness"

wrapped up in total greed and manipulation would be correct.

Many think 'gain' is godliness, many think wealth is godliness, many think they can manipulate

Gods will and purposes...this is just a sign of how far we have fallen from truth, and created a

'god' in the image of some kind of santa claus.

Very sad indeed. It is a travesty cloaked in false humility...much like the modern day "church" that

has thrown truth out the window in exchange for lies that so many want to hear. We really need to

recall that the Way, truth and Life is a person, his Name is Jesus....not some kind of mumbo jumbo self absorbed

rambling. :(

I never cease to be amazed at what some will say for the sake of greed.

All my best! :)

Jim

---