Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

My experience with 2 different banks

funkemaster

So I've been ready for a little over a month now how lots of people are having these crazy bank experiences. (And yes this is my second post) So being curious myself I went into my local chase branch. I know a few of them for outside the bank so we talk rather frankly. I asked the one if she knew anything about dinar. She told me she gets asked about it quite a bit and has one guy who always comes in to wire transfer money for it. That they used to sell it but for more than a year they haven't. She then said "But honestly.. (dun dun dun) I think its a scam I wouldn't buy any if I were you." A little anti climatic. :(

I also had a friend stay at my house who is in some kind of slight manager position at a zions bank. He prety much said the same thing. He didn't know much about but Zions stance was that they can't wire any kind of money directly to iraq for whatever reason and they just don't really want to deal with them. He works at a branch down in Salt Lake City.

Now I'm not saying other people haven't had experiences that are more RV optimistic but I just thought I would share my two cents even though they were not very fun. ;) I know this isn't really a rumor but this is the section were I always read this stuff so hopefully I posted it in the right area.

• Upvote 1

Well I think all the bank rumors are bull.... I personally work at a bank and I handle all the foreign currency transactions for 13 branches and i can honestly tell you no one knows anything about it. The only people that might know are the high high ups BOA or US bank and were not going to hear anything from them. Just dont get your hopes up from a teller saying its about to RV because most likely they got their info from dinar rumor sites like us!

• Upvote 2

Well I think all the bank rumors are bull.... I personally work at a bank and I handle all the foreign currency transactions for 13 branches and i can honestly tell you no one knows anything about it. The only people that might know are the high high ups BOA or US bank and were not going to hear anything from them. Just dont get your hopes up from a teller saying its about to RV because most likely they got their info from dinar rumor sites like us!

Not ALL banks rumors are bull, however, I do agree that tellers don't have a clue as to what is going on. And even if BOA knew or knows what is going, you can't expect branch to be brought up to speed. Like I tell everyone, stay grounded and wait for concrete news. It will happen, but not on our time but God's.

• Upvote 3

Not ALL banks rumors are bull, however, I do agree that tellers don't have a clue as to what is going on. And even if BOA knew or knows what is going, you can't expect branch to be brought up to speed. Like I tell everyone, stay grounded and wait for concrete news. It will happen, but not on our time but God's.

well said cbs ;)

• Upvote 1

The bank stories just do not stop. It is like the person who gave everyone kool-aid to drink. One person goes to the bank, posts a story, which sends 10 others to banks to post stories. Even if your bank gave you any legit information no one on here is going to believe it because there have been enough lies for the past who knows how long. Even if the bank had some info to give, what are you going to do - you not going to cash in yet. Not like you are going to camp outside the bank like it is Best Buy on black Friday. Also, you had a friend stay at you house but sounds like you are not sure what he does. I know if I ever have friends stay over I am clueless on what they do, that way just in case they are Jack the Ripper I don't know.

My bank experience...JUST TODAY:

Chase bank just came out with a new fee for their checking account customers. They want to charge a $13 or is it $15 per month for what used to be free checking! So I took some money out and went to my nearest 5/3 bank. Opened a checking account with direct deposit. While waiting for my personal banker to do the paperwork, I was able to ask questions. "Does 5/3 Bank deal with foreign currency?"....YES. Have you ever heard of a DeLaRue machine? YES, but I've haven't seen one. I have some of that Iraqi Dinar and was wondering how much you charge to exchange it. It would be free since you now have an account with us. "That's GREAT"

She asked how much I own and I told her.....she was able to look on her computer and tell me how much 1Mil was worth right now and said that if I exchanged 1mil today all she could give me was about $630 USD. I told her I would want to wait until it ReValued. Then I would be back. I then asked her if she owned any and she said no....but she didn't say it was a scam.

I then asked her to look at what the Kuwaiti Dinar was worth, and she said that if I had 25000 KD, it would be worth about $77K, so that's about 3:1 which is about right. I said that Iraq wants to see their money being worth about what the Kuwaiti Dinar is worth, and I expected it would RV in the near future. She just said she wished me luck with it.

Good thing about this experience was that they will exchange it for free! She didn't call it a scam.

Chase bank just came out with a new fee for their checking account customers. They want to charge a $13 or is it $15 per month for what used to be free checking! So I took some money out and went to my nearest 5/3 bank. Opened a checking account with direct deposit. While waiting for my personal banker to do the paperwork, I was able to ask questions. "Does 5/3 Bank deal with foreign currency?"....YES. Have you ever heard of a DeLaRue machine? YES, but I've haven't seen one. I have some of that Iraqi Dinar and was wondering how much you charge to exchange it. It would be free since you now have an account with us. "That's GREAT"

She asked how much I own and I told her.....she was able to look on her computer and tell me how much 1Mil was worth right now and said that if I exchanged 1mil today all she could give me was about $630 USD. I told her I would want to wait until it ReValued. Then I would be back. I then asked her if she owned any and she said no....but she didn't say it was a scam.

I then asked her to look at what the Kuwaiti Dinar was worth, and she said that if I had 25000 KD, it would be worth about $77K, so that's about 3:1 which is about right. I said that Iraq wants to see their money being worth about what the Kuwaiti Dinar is worth, and I expected it would RV in the near future. She just said she wished me luck with it.

Good thing about this experience was that they will exchange it for free! She didn't call it a scam.

It isn't free. That is an extreme spread. They might not charge you a FEE, but they are charging you a LARGE spread.

So, it isn't a free exchange of money. Remember, there is NEVER a commercial exchange of money that is free... the money changers ALWAYS make money and you always lose money on the transaction. You may make money based off what you bought it for and what you sell it for... but you always pay for the exchange.

Newbie, PLEASE DON'T WORRY! The IQD will RV/RI. It has to!!!!!!! and it won't be much longer. So, if you've bought Dinar, you've done well in doing so. If not, you should. Providing you can afford to. And don't let the nay sayers get you down. There are to many people that work in the banking industry that don't have a clue about the IQD. Even if they sell it to you. There are more of us educating them than the other way around. so expect to hear negativity about something they know nothing about. I cannot stress enough how unique this situation is. And yes, on the surface it appears to good to be true. It isn't, I promise you that!!!!! You and I will never have another investment pay off like this will in our lifetime. NEVER! If it only RV's at .25 we've won. I believe since, per IMF rules, it must be priced comparably (that would be Kuwait). $3.00 + range. I actually think it will be more. So, don't worry my friend!!!!!! :)

• Upvote 2

You can thank the gov for less and less banks having free checking. The cost of FDIC insurance is ungodly anymore and the new restricitons placed on banks makes it harder to charge customers service charges....

Newbie, PLEASE DON'T WORRY! The IQD will RV/RI. It has to!!!!!!! and it won't be much longer. So, if you've bought Dinar, you've done well in doing so. If not, you should. Providing you can afford to. And don't let the nay sayers get you down. There are to many people that work in the banking industry that don't have a clue about the IQD. Even if they sell it to you. There are more of us educating them than the other way around. so expect to hear negativity about something they know nothing about. I cannot stress enough how unique this situation is. And yes, on the surface it appears to good to be true. It isn't, I promise you that!!!!! You and I will never have another investment pay off like this will in our lifetime. NEVER! If it only RV's at .25 we've won. I believe since, per IMF rules, it must be priced comparably (that would be Kuwait). $3.00 + range. I actually think it will be more. So, don't worry my friend!!!!!! :)

Thanks but I'm really not to worried. I really just wanted to post my experience because I've seen tons of these "Bank Rumors" and the vast majority (that I've read and remember at least) have all been on the east side or down south of the US. I just wanted to put this up to kind of show the other side of the fence and what my experience in the NW of the country has been. I do appreciate it though. If I make a guess (for this year :confused:) it's for somewhere in march early april just due to sanctions and stuff like that. But like I said that's just my hopeful theory.

The bank stories just do not stop. It is like the person who gave everyone kool-aid to drink. One person goes to the bank, posts a story, which sends 10 others to banks to post stories. Even if your bank gave you any legit information no one on here is going to believe it because there have been enough lies for the past who knows how long. Even if the bank had some info to give, what are you going to do - you not going to cash in yet. Not like you are going to camp outside the bank like it is Best Buy on black Friday. Also, you had a friend stay at you house but sounds like you are not sure what he does. I know if I ever have friends stay over I am clueless on what they do, that way just in case they are Jack the Ripper I don't know.

I needed a good laugh- You are a hoot!