Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

budget may have begun to enter the arena of political conflict

VIZIOIRAQI

empty.gifDeputy District Court Khalil: the state budget may have begun to enter the arena of political conflict

Ghassan Ali

Failure of the Iraqi parliament again in the discussion of the draft general budget of the Iraqi state in 2011 despite the inclusion of the topic within the agenda of the meeting of the Council for Thursday.

Member of the Kurdistan Alliance MP District Court Khalil told Radio Free Iraq that the inclusion of the budget in the agenda of the meeting was a mistake that there is no agreement, confirming the presence of many of the objections as a result of containment of the constitutional violations and the absence of final accounts.

The Iraqi Council of Representatives earlier this month, the form of three committees temporary economic, financial and legal for the purpose of examining the budget of the State and amend some of its paragraphs before approval.

He stressed member of the Finance Committee of the Interim Council of Representatives Ahmed al-Alwani, the need to reconsider the budget and particularly with regard to the operational side of inflation at the expense of the investment side.

The MP believes that the budget may have begun to enter the arena of political conflict, according to Deputy District Court Khalil, who pointed out that some parties are trying to take advantage of deals in return for agreeing to some other laws, expected to delay the adoption of the budget until the beginning of the month of February next.

For his part, criticized the college professor of political science at Baghdad University, Hamid Fadhil conflict between the Iraqi political forces to get the narrow factional gains from the state budget, calling it shameful thing.

Fadel expressed his regret of the shift in the budget that are related to the livelihood of the Iraqi citizen to the arena for settling accounts between the political forces.

The budget for the year 2011 amounted to about $ 79 billion and a deficit estimated at more than twelve billion dollars.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.iraqhurr.org/content/article/2276380.html&rurl=translate.google

Good job V. But if this article is true, then these clowns ought to be locked in a room right now, and not allowed to leave until there is an agreement. Unbelievable.

They've already learned the basic principles of the US form of representative government, i.e., it's not about what's good for the nation, it's about what's good for the special interest group that you want to keep happy so you can get re-elected. :blink:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Good job V. But if this article is true, then these clowns ought to be locked in a room right now, and not allowed to leave until there is an agreement. Unbelievable.

They've already learned the basic principles of the US form of representative government, i.e., it's not about what's good for the nation, it's about what's good for the special interest group that you want to keep happy so you can get re-elected. :blink:

Because your statement is so true, it is more depressing than the original post :lol: Political corruption drives me nuts!!! :angry: Let's book that room! This is getting so old...

The Iraqi Council of Representatives earlier this month, the form of three committees temporary economic, financial and legal for the purpose of examining the budget of the State and amend some of its paragraphs before approval.

Lets see.....last I read the GOI is still missing 3 cabinets.

It appears to me that the budget will not happen until the economic & financial positions are seated.

I also read an article that stated the last positions could take a few week!!

We had read yesterday the the first reading had happened & it was all good....we now read this where it to me is implying that the first reading was fruitless!!

Sure hope something good comes out soon!!

Dan

• Upvote 1

When it comes to money being handed out,

I'd certainly be ready to fight tooth and nail

to make sure that my district got it's fair share.

(more to skim if nothing else)

Locking them in a room would be good for me,

unfortunately it's not about me. Even though

I am impatient, I realize that the overall stability

of the region is the most important thing in the long run.

If I'm Iraq I'd rather get it right than be in a hurry. I certainly

wouldn't be concerned with what Sneakey and RJ want.

• Upvote 1

The way I'm looking at it they definitely have the finer points of how NOT to run an efficient democracy down PAT! blink.gif Seems they have modeled themselves very closely to the U.S. Govt at it's worst, ie special interests....

I agree totally that it needs to be done correctly for the good of the people. However, since they don't have much of anything that resembles a "working" budget in place NOW - this only keeps their citizens poor and denied of even the most basic human needs while they squabble!!!! In the meantime they feel the need to "take a break till February"??? WHAAATTT??? ohmy.gifangry.gif

• Upvote 1

Lets see.....last I read the GOI is still missing 3 cabinets.

It appears to me that the budget will not happen until the economic & financial positions are seated.

I also read an article that stated the last positions could take a few week!!

We had read yesterday the the first reading had happened & it was all good....we now read this where it to me is implying that the first reading was fruitless!!

Sure hope something good comes out soon!!

Dan

The article from yesterday saying the draft budget was approved is an old article from back in December (the first week if I remember correctly) when they first rushed to approve the 2011 draft budget, which later ended up having to be adjusted because the Kurds were not happy. It was simply re-dated as we see happen with SO many old articles, making so many dinar watchers get all frenzied up thinking it's new.... The current 2011 budget has not even gotten past it's DRAFT status yet, let alone completed and presented to Parliament for its first reading. In addition, in order to complete the budget, the Finance Commission is STILL waiting on several ministries to get their 2010 accounts turned in. All ministries have their own budgets, all overseen and administered by the Minister of Finance and Finance Commission. There has been a HUGE amount of corruption in several ministries (probably all of them....) which is why they are reluctant to show their accounting. Who knows when the FC will force those ministries to turn in their accounts.... They've demanded those accounts at least 3 times now according to news articles.

Now, to add insult to injury, there are even more squabbles over the 2011 budget allocations, not only from the Kurds now. There is still ongoing squabbling and posturing going on for the remaining cabinet seats. If I'm not mistaken, I believe there are still 6 or 7 positions yet to be filled with permanent members.

Pull up a chair, pop some popcorn, and sit back, relax and enjoy the show.... This may take a while.... Read the news. It's a wealth of information.

• Upvote 3

Who knows... maybe they should do like the Catholics do when they need to select a new pope? Enter a room, have it chained from the outside, and come to a decision. The only way that the chains would be removed is by a white smoke signal and reading of the apporved budget for the FINAL time... It works for the Vatican... just sayin'...

• Upvote 1

How long do they bicker over the 2011 budget , before they say forget it , and start fresh bickering over the 2012 budget . I know it is early in the year , but I think/hope they will get thier act together and push the budget through .

Dang, you beat me to it! They might as well just start on their 2012 budget. By the time they sign off on 2011, they will already be far off from their budget plan.

I can see why you would believe that, but how long can they go on starving thier people?? The Iraqis are living in poverty!!! That has to change asap..

I agree, which is what I believe is driving the issues they are having on the budget itself and the delays. There is strife right now because I think officials see they can start to raise the country and help people out (there are those with caring hearts in Iraq despite what you may believe)

Think about it, IF they know there is a set rate, the reading of the budget depends on the rate being reflected accurately in the budget, but they have to wait to launch the rate because of some last minute hurdles= delays, wouldn't you start getting twitchy. You'd figure there are some over there saying "Hey, we got what we need, let's do this!"

Their people NEED it, we WANT it, but I just have abandoned the thought, right or wrong that the budget has to pass before the RV.

I mean, do you create a budget for a new business without knowing what kind of capital you have to work with? Not me! Some might try and figure it out, but without a known amount of capital (or rate) you can't formulate an accurate budget.

TPR

No RV, No Budget!!!

JK, come on people, this is a fun ride, we are all just waiting for that first big drop on the roller coaster...it's just a long way to get up to the top...

TPR

What the heck are you talking about, I just don't know how long you have been following this but for the most of us we are ready to get off this ride. And I love roller coasters... :( ... If anything still would love to have the facts...All we get are nose bleeds from the height we have already have traveled.....My biggest question is how did Maliki keep his PM position if he didn't form a government in 30 days. Yet we still have the GOI not fully seated....And you wonder why the people of Iraq haven't revolted by now. Who's keeping them suppressed.. :blink: Things that make you go hmmmm. People talk about articles all the time, yet they don't mean squat. The not so funny thing is our own people in here or on other sites try to mislead you.....Come on people we have to stick together. We have the sources to do it via people there, Internet, and people in high places. I was in the military before and in high security positions and even there they don't expect to keep the lid on it for that long without a leak somewhere. ....Is this a situation like the men in black...well I have rambled on enough... ;)

The MP believes that the budget may have begun to enter the arena of political conflict, according to Deputy District Court Khalil, who pointed out that some parties are trying to take advantage of deals in return for agreeing to some other laws, expected to delay the adoption of the budget until the beginning of the month of February next.

[/size]

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.iraqhurr.org/content/article/2276380.html&rurl=translate.google[/b]

No No No NO!