Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Soliders told to surrender dinar? Can anyone confirm?

Drunken Irish

Rumor from another forum. There has to be someone that can confirm or deny the rumor below.

Not Rumor But FACT I personally had a question Okie post So I asked a friend who works MI a current active duty servicemember about the Dinar Currency being turned in. His statement about the(OKIE) post which I read to him and his reply was simply yes, and we have until tomorrow morning. Military Personnel are under orders to adhere to and turn in any Dinar, they are not permitted to mail it home, and should not attempt it. The Post Office is under orders to inspect all parcels/packages leaving Iraq. If ANYBODY is caught with Dinar, I personally will have thier have thier career as they know it ended, and they will suffer diar consequences. I know why you are asking and I know you are invested so let this be our last discussion about this and remain friends.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Rumor from another forum. There has to be someone that can confirm or deny the rumor below.

Not Rumor But FACT I personally had a question Okie post So I asked a friend who works MI a current active duty servicemember about the Dinar Currency being turned in. His statement about the(OKIE) post which I read to him and his reply was simply yes, and we have until tomorrow morning. Military Personnel are under orders to adhere to and turn in any Dinar, they are not permitted to mail it home, and should not attempt it. The Post Office is under orders to inspect all parcels/packages leaving Iraq. If ANYBODY is caught with Dinar, I personally will have thier have thier career as they know it ended, and they will suffer diar consequences. I know why you are asking and I know you are invested so let this be our last discussion about this and remain friends.

And further proof that Okie doesnt know at all what he's talkin about. I am in Baghdad, I am a contractor for the military, and this is not rue. How could they lawfully ask for legally purchased currency? So, to answer your question, this is not true and totally fabricated. There you go...ANOTHER Debuncing of the amazing Okie.

Edited by JRooster
  • Upvote 16
  • Downvote 3

And further proof that Okie doesnt know at all what he's talkin about. I am in Baghdad, I am a contractor for the military, and this is not rue. How could they lawfully ask for legally purchased currency? So, to answer your question, this is not true and totally fabricated. There you go...ANOTHER Debuncing of the amazing Okie.

It wasn't an Okie rumor. The military can tell soliders to do what ever they want. They are not allowed to profit from service in another country.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Not to contradict you since I am not there, but if I read the post correctly, it said they questioned the Okie post, and then "confirmed" it with their friend in Iraq. I might be wrong because the grammar is spotty, but that's how I read it.

The only thing that could make this plausible is what I posted elsewhere...Food for thought: If you are the U.S. military and you had soldiers in country that were sitting on large stores of Dinar and suddenly there was a large revaluation of the currency, what would happen....100's of soldiers with tens of thousands to perhaps millions of dollars...you talk about a break down. Their view would be, I don't want to die before I can actually use this money.

The only thing I can think of is there is a military code that prohibits troops from profiting through investments such as this...it would cause a fundamental breakdown of military decorum. There might have been an oder for years that have been triggered by recent events, and as much as I love our military and want them to profit, as long as they get the current value today, they may be SOL if it revalues.

Just my thought...

TPR

• Upvote 2

Not to contradict you since I am not there, but if I read the post correctly, it said they questioned the Okie post, and then "confirmed" it with their friend in Iraq. I might be wrong because the grammar is spotty, but that's how I read it.

The only thing that could make this plausible is what I posted elsewhere...Food for thought: If you are the U.S. military and you had soldiers in country that were sitting on large stores of Dinar and suddenly there was a large revaluation of the currency, what would happen....100's of soldiers with tens of thousands to perhaps millions of dollars...you talk about a break down. Their view would be, I don't want to die before I can actually use this money.

The only thing I can think of is there is a military code that prohibits troops from profiting through investments such as this...it would cause a fundamental breakdown of military decorum. There might have been an oder for years that have been triggered by recent events, and as much as I love our military and want them to profit, as long as they get the current value today, they may be SOL if it revalues.

Just my thought...

TPR

well Okie or no Okie, this is false information. Soldiers are allowed to have their Dinars. Its actually made easier for them to get it here. Its cheaper, and they can travel with it. And last time I checked...you cant just quit the military ;). There's this place called Levinsworth, pretty intimidating place. I know a lot of military personel here, and we talk of MANY investment opportunities from currencies of countries to stocks of companies that are about to make a killing off of the military being in a country. What companies got contracts, so on and so forth.

I work directly with the military for 12.5 hrs a day, 7 days a week. You can jump on this rumor and waste time speculating on it over and over again on what it means for the RV. Although your deductions of possible policies and such actually make sense, It means nothing...Final Answer

Edited by JRooster
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

no okie didnt have nothin to do with it, the soldiers were told to turn in all dinar for sumthin or they would get nothing. it was stated that malikii said on TV RI (which is 3.22) or RV there currency was a have to be done item. the last part I dont know is fact or a rumor

• Upvote 2

well Okie or no Okie, this is false information. Soldiers are allowed to have their Dinars. Its actually made easier for them to get it here. Its cheaper, and they can travel with it. And last time I checked...you cant just quit the military ;). There's this place called Levinsworth, pretty intimidating place. I know a lot of military personel here, and we talk of MANY investment opportunities from currencies of countries to stocks of companies that are about to make a killing off of the military being in a country. What companies got contracts, so on and so forth.

I work directly with the military for 12.5 hrs a day, 7 days a week. You can jump on this rumor and waste time speculating on it over and over again on what it means for the RV. Although your deductions of possible policies and such actually make sense, It means nothing...Final Answer

im qouting someone else they said if you were a soldier and hit the lottery there was a way out. our goverment does not want all our soldiers rich over nite. Thow i say they are the ones that really deserve it if anyone

Well I can tell you they aren't doing it stateside cause I live in housing... I will talk to a friend of mine who is there right now next time he gets on face book and try and debunk this one for ya guys... nobody hates a pumper like I do...

it was said only the ones in iraq, i dont know, just what i read

Edited by speedy1
  • Upvote 1

no okie didnt have nothin to do with it, the soldiers were told to turn in all dinar for sumthin or they would get nothing. it was stated that malikii said on TV RI (which is 3.22) or RV there currency was a have to be done item. the last part I dont know is fact or a rumor

It's all rumor and false...fyi

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Well I can tell you they aren't doing it stateside cause I live in housing... I will talk to a friend of mine who is there right now next time he gets on face book and try and debunk this one for ya guys... nobody hates a pumper like I do...

cool thats what I'm looking for

Thank you for your service. You guys deserve the RV more than anyone.

• Upvote 1

Hey, I agree with you and you get no argument from me, if I came into cash while in the military, I'd just stay put and pray I get to live to see my money. Better than military prison for sure. I was simply pointing out that having service people suddenly come into a ton of money could cause problems, AND forcing them to relinquish money only to have it be worth more soon after would be a problem too.

All I know, and this is ooolllldddd intel, I just spoke to my dad who was a former DI for the Army, Fort Ord in the late 60's (and he's got dinar as well) and he said back then, they were not allowed to profit from situations similar to this. He said that honestly, he doesn't know current military guidelines and regs, especially for the Marines, but IF and it's a big IF there were rules in place to avoid these situations, they would be enforced to the best of their ability and as a soldier, you have to adhere to them, like it or not. (That said, surely there would be currency slipping out in whatever manner possible)

Ok, I've said enough and raised my questions. :D

TPR

• Upvote 2

What's up with the last sentence? What's he refusing to say????

It wasn't an Okie rumor. The military can tell soliders to do what ever they want. They are not allowed to profit from service in another country.

Irish atleast you sounded intelligent even though you are wrong... I am a retired US Soldier due to injury suffered in Iraq. I have about over 200+ friends in Iraq right now since my former unit is deployed again right now. This rumor is completely [size="5"]FALSE!!![/size] I spoke to 4 of them today and recieved replies from about 5 other friends... There is no such order. You are correct about mailing it home as that is not allowed however we are allowed to bring home less than 10k USD worth of IQD on mid tour leave and then another of the same amount on redeployment. Sorry debunk this rumor but I hate when people lie about the military....

Iraqi Vet05-07

• Upvote 5

Irish atleast you sounded intelligent even though you are wrong... I am a retired US Soldier due to injury suffered in Iraq. I have about over 200+ friends in Iraq right now since my former unit is deployed again right now. This rumor is completely [size="5"]FALSE!!![/size] I spoke to 4 of them today and recieved replies from about 5 other friends... There is no such order. You are correct about mailing it home as that is not allowed however we are allowed to bring home less than 10k USD worth of IQD on mid tour leave and then another of the same amount on redeployment. Sorry debunk this rumor but I hate when people lie about the military....

Iraqi Vet05-07

How many soldiers can afford to walk around with 10k USD worth of Dinar? My son is considering joining the Military and I have recently looked at pay grades.(Soliers aren't in it for the money) That doesn't seem like a practical number even if it is the Max. ????

Well tell your son not to join now they just dropped all the sign on bonuses tell him to wait a year or so... and that is the # sat forth by the commanders, did you ever think that while you are over there nobody touches your money but you and making everyday transactions with the locals isn't easy in USD. By the way the way most of us do it is a little at a time so don't think that is too high of a number for a years time not spending money except on smokes and potato chips... you can't drink over there(at least we couldn't) and everyone is constantly sending you stuff from back home that you need...

• Upvote 2

Just my thought...

TPR

This is the info I heard from a friend in the airforce (this convo had nothing to do with IQD). There is a military mandate stating that any soldier that comes into a large sum of money either it be from the lottery, inheritance etc they can no longer be apart of the service and will be honorably discharged.

This is the info I heard from a friend in the airforce (this convo had nothing to do with IQD). There is a military mandate stating that any soldier that comes into a large sum of money either it be from the lottery, inheritance etc they can no longer be apart of the service and will be honorably discharged.

Well ,, what you said is almost true... American soldiers are only allowed so much Dinar on there person.. It is stated if a soldier wins the lottery or comes into a lot of money he or she can opt to get out of the military with a full Honorable Discharge.. When me and my wife were in the Army this was issued about the lottery.. But they cant make you get out... You have every right to stay in if you want to.. So you almost had it !!!! :D