Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

12/31/10 Look

evergladeshiker

They don not have to give the money back

This is what I was wondering. Maybe there is a loophole that we don't know about. There has been lots of rumours saying that they must. However, it seems that Iraq can set things at their own deadlines and everyone else has to accommodate. Maybe the Paris Club, etc have given them an extension. Please forgive me if I sound like a pessimist, but I am finding it hard to trust anyone, including Intel, and including the IQ govt.

yep......

If the currency is worth more than the usd then the contracted company will be paid in the local currency ,, Ive worked in London and in Russia and our company was paid in local currency.. Now if they are waiting on a RV then they would rather be paid in local currency instead of usd ,,, even if they were to get paid in a lower currency ,, the country would have to pay out enough of there currency to cover the amount that would be equal to usd.. Now that said this can work both ways.. If they bid the contract in dinar then that would be better than bidding with usd ,,, Because if it Rv`d Iraq would only have to pay out enough Dinar to match the bid in USD ... But if they did the bid in Dinar then they would make a lot more profit in us dollars.... So that being said if you dont really know ,, do not make assumptions ,, I ee that alot on the forums and it irritates me .. It is always the same 10 to 12 guys trying to debunk everything that is posted ,, Why dont you put our efforts into finding information that is useful !!!!!!! Thanks for the post !!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If the currency is worth more than the usd then the contracted company will be paid in the local currency ,, Ive worked in London and in Russia and our company was paid in local currency.. Now if they are waiting on a RV then they would rather be paid in local currency instead of usd ,,, even if they were to get paid in a lower currency ,, the country would have to pay out enough of there currency to cover the amount that would be equal to usd.. Now that said this can work both ways.. If they bid the contract in dinar then that would be better than bidding with usd ,,, Because if it Rv`d Iraq would only have to pay out enough Dinar to match the bid in USD ... But if they did the bid in Dinar then they would make a lot more profit in us dollars.... So that being said if you dont really know ,, do not make assumptions ,, I ee that alot on the forums and it irritates me .. It is always the same 10 to 12 guys trying to debunk everything that is posted ,, Why dont you put our efforts into finding information that is useful !!!!!!! Thanks for the post !!!!

These are not assumptions I am talking about....believe it or not I do talk to people over there about these kinds of things which is why I made the comment.....they all told me the same thing......so I would more likely tend to believe what they are telling me over someone here stateside....and for your information I too am also tired of seeing alot of the BS passed as fact which is why I take everything with a grain of salt, try to find the info for myself and see if there is any truth to it and question everything in its entirety....its what a smart investor should do.....apparently you havent been here long enough because I have done my fair share of finding and sharing in the forums....but we are at a point where there isent any research left to be done....we are at a standstill almost....waiting for the govt to get their crap together, sit down and fully approve the budget, and get to work so that the monetary policies that the CBI has been planning can be put to work and we can see the value of the dinar rise.....

Based on this link, this is the only reference to 12-31-2010 I could find in regards to return of funds.

Donors also agreed with the UNDG ITF

proposal not to enter into any further contractual commitments later than 31

December 2010 and that funds not committed by 31 December 2010 will be

returned to the MDTF Office, UNDP, in its capacity as the Administrative Agent of

the UNDG ITF, for credit to the UNDG ITF Account.

So anything not committed by 12-31 must be returned....I'm guessing they will, like our government, be sure that all funds are committed. I could be way off base, I don't know.

TPR

These are not assumptions I am talking about....believe it or not I do talk to people over there about these kinds of things which is why I made the comment.....they all told me the same thing......so I would more likely tend to believe what they are telling me over someone here stateside....and for your information I too am also tired of seeing alot of the BS passed as fact which is why I take everything with a grain of salt, try to find the info for myself and see if there is any truth to it and question everything in its entirety....its what a smart investor should do.....apparently you havent been here long enough because I have done my fair share of finding and sharing in the forums....but we are at a point where there isent any research left to be done....we are at a standstill almost....waiting for the govt to get their crap together, sit down and fully approve the budget, and get to work so that the monetary policies that the CBI has been planning can be put to work and we can see the value of the dinar rise.....

I agree with you on alot ,, but my argument wasnt on everything in a whole , and what you said wasnt an inquiry .. You stated that you knew that overseas contracts would only be paid in USD all im saying if you dont really know that as a fact then dont say you know... If it was a question then I retract my comment .. But to me it looked like you were saying that you knew this for a fact.. So if you dont know it to be a fact dont word it as if you do,, simply put this is how i feel.. If you put something as fact and people that have no clue will take what you say as fact.. and if anyone is telling you that there company does not get paid in local currency then maybe they are not as informed as they think they are.. Like I said if they put a bid in for USD then your right BUT if the jobs were bid in Dinar then they can make alot more money after an RV .. To me,, it would make more sense to bid in Dinar if and I`m saying IF they knew that the Dinar was going to RV at the end of the year. It is possible that they havent got a clue and bid in USD.. Sooo you might be right on some degree !! No hard feelings bu just stating how I feel.. On both ends positive or negative everyone needs to state facts and not try to pass assumptions or hearsay as reality........ :D

• Upvote 1