Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is anyone web watching UN today?

mightywarrior

It sounds to me like the Oil for food program will still be in place until June 30th, 2011. I am sorry to say it, but we still have a ways to go. I do NOT see any RV for months. They have stated that their government is still not quite seated, but it is imminent. We're just not there yet. It will happen someday, but our someday could still be a long ways off. IMO.

It sounds to me like the Oil for food program will still be in place until June 30th, 2011. I am sorry to say it, but we still have a ways to go. I do NOT see any RV for months. They have stated that their government is still not quite seated, but it is imminent. We're just not there yet. It will happen someday, but our someday could still be a long ways off. IMO.

The DFI is going on till 6 2011 not the oil for food program the oil for food program was just voted on and ended. The DFI is not a food for oil it is to help them build the infrastructure ie basic living needs.

From what I can understand there are still limitations and the Chapter 7 will not be lifted until the land and mariytime boundaries with Kuwait are resolved and compensations over missing persons during the Kuwait invasion are paid

Sounds like thats it...all back patting by the other countries now

From what I can understand there are still limitations and the Chapter 7 will not be lifted until the land and mariytime boundaries with Kuwait are resolved and compensations over missing persons during the Kuwait invasion are paid

The only thing that is left is the issues concerning Kuwait, which on the 17th the meeting is supposed to be held on that. They are now a free trade nation they have no sanctions from the UN against them for trade. now we will see how the currency will go

Very good News... Ambassador Holbrook is mentioned by all nations., CH 7 is lifted effective December 31... Immediate restructure of all funds and property is to be returned. Kuwait issues remain although the UN is ordering Iraq to complete these issues. Turkey, Uganda and Bosnia - Herzegovina have agreed... refugees is still an issue. Protection of human rights and jobs to be developed... stability and increased security. Transfer of responsibilities from all other countries back to Iraq. Women rights are seen as a very positive development for the new and emerging Iraq. UN Funds are extended through June 2011. The efforts of Iraq has not gone unnoticed. Brazil says their part regarding elections and democracy and a working relationship with Brazil. Kuwait issues are small in comparison... boundaries with Kuwait are still pending. Resolution 661 is all but complete... Brazil pushes for economic stability. Austria is also pleased with the lifting of sanctions. All WMD's and Chemical Weapons are and have been satisfied. Resolution 883 - land and Maritime situation... National Reconciliation, development and growth going forward as equal and as a humanitarian nation for all regions of the nation. UK-Northern Ireland - Economic reconstruction is essential, cohesiveness of all communities is critical, Security is understandability a challenge, stability and prosperous economic growth is important, congratulations to Iraq and for their return to the International fold, a positive future is truly a goal, Japan illustrates their positive feedback for Iraq to be released from sanction 661... nation building is critical for all ethnic groups, private sector reconstruction is a strength from Japan, Russian Federation - majority of Ch7 is now lifted... politically the country is going forward... scr 1859 sanction is on-going, issues for neighboring states are on-going as well, Kuwait property is still required to be found and returned, China, welcomes this meeting... to assist any way possible and the re-integration of Iraq into the international society, speed up reconstruction and international trade, security is still a key issue, to develop dialogue with all neighbors, Mexico - three resolutions being lifted are a key element to the new government and it's reconstruction, a wonderful start for a new and emerging country, Lebanon - Iraq's role in the Arab and Muslim world is noticed, only Democratic State in the region with a large majority of women in the government, to support Iraq within the international community, security is still growing and is a positive change, protection of Iraq assets are important and has been slow because of the slow development of the new government, welcome back Iraq to the international community... yet continue to work with Kuwait for all remaining issues, a trust in Iraq... France - encouraged by Iraq and other nations to conclude closure of issues, France does want to work closely with Iraq on all levels, welcomes Iraq to the pre-War level of international status, oil profits are now ready to return to Iraq while moving away from the oil for food program... France continues to support Iraq to enter into the International Status... Nigeria - a new democratic nation has emerged, elections have turned a corner, various communities working together is a wonderful turn of events, 5 yr national development plan will be supported by Nigeria and the UN, to develop the monetary structure of the country, to continue to work on remaining issues is necessary, terrorist attacks are still causing instability and to work hard to dismantle the terrorist network, UN should continue to work hand in hand with Iraq to stop terrorism, All participants are now thanked by VP Biden... three resolutions have been passed... WMD's , oil for food and the release from international trade...... meeting ends...

I guess we wait now......at least its a good news to know.

Yep, the one to remember is that we are waiting for the official announcement of the GOI....that is key..

Along with lifting of sanction 661!

This is my opinion, but I truly, truly believe everything is in order, and they are going through the formalities and once the "closed door" meeting is finished between Iraq and Kuwait??? whoa! Just be on guard my friend...