Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Debbie Downer

Seff

Im not going to sell my dinar as I have invested for a reason. I hope and pray that it works out but in talking with other investors they have put all their hopes and dreams into this. There has never been a formal announcement verifying or disproving a LOP. Its all here-say and most are blinded by the thought of unseen wealth and prosperity. I just want people to see the other side of the coin and not what those who sell dinar tell you.

AGAIN I DO NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN BUT IT IS A POSSIBILITY

I was always taught to dream BIG or go HOME! Im dreaming big on this one, if not fine. But it sure feels nice to have hopes and dreams.

• Upvote 2

I feel really bad for people like yourself and others that are out there in your shoe's. When did your life become so bad that you eventually started to pull away from people who are trying to educate you on making good financial decisions and start throwing needed money out the window in hopes that you become a millionaire so it will get your life back on track. I am a relatively young person and I was taught by my parents that by educating yourself and working really hard would always pay off. Bad luck comes to millionaires and poor people alike. The difference between poor people who become poorer and the rich who turn poor is that the poor depend on the government for help and the rich turned poor work harder to become rich again.

With this said. I again ask anybody on this website to explain to me why would people with factual information be getting negative post when the liars who are out there feeding off people like RhondaG be treated like celebrities. What has our world become for a lady I take it to tell someone, "Thanks for the truth but I'm looking for the liars to give me false hope."

Yea, I know what you mean. Its hard to argue with logic and reason.. Oh wait, you just ave to be ill-logical and unreasonable! Now I see why!! And the negative rep due to stating facts and opinions based on factual resources is pretty ridiculous. Just because Im not telling them what they want to hear doesnt mean Im not telling the truth and trying to help them out.

I was always taught to dream BIG or go HOME! Im dreaming big on this one, if not fine. But it sure feels nice to have hopes and dreams.

You are right to hope for it, as I still do. But blindly wishing without the consideration of an alternative is naive and a possible set up for heartbreak. Hope and pray but dont put everything into this

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Anything can happen here guys. I've rehashed all of this a thousand times and yeah there are excellent reasons why it can lop and excellent reasons that support a modest RV followed by removal of the large notes from currency. A lot of people don't want to hear the opposing side to what they believe but I like a dose of reality along with my fantasy. The economy in the US is pretty bad right now and I think most people that have dinars would be lying if they said they didn't care whether it RVd. Obviously I'd like it to! Would be nice to pay off the mortgage and set up a trust fund for my kid and not have to sweat so much over the bills. But if it doesn't happen then guess what? We just move on and try to do the best we can. There are great points to be made from both sides and just remember that this is a big risk! That's why the potential payoff is so big. Lets hope they bump the rate up some and we all can get a decent return on this and most people can be at least moderately happy. And lets also stay focused on reality and realize that at this point anything can still happen.

Yea, I know what you mean. Its hard to argue with logic and reason.. Oh wait, you just ave to be ill-logical and unreasonable! Now I see why!! And the negative rep due to stating facts and opinions based on factual resources is pretty ridiculous. Just because Im not telling them what they want to hear doesnt mean Im not telling the truth and trying to help them out.

You are right to hope for it, as I still do. But blindly wishing without the consideration of an alternative is naive and a possible set up for heartbreak. Hope and pray but dont put everything into this

I completely agree! I am by no means disillusioned, I know the risks, but I am willing to take them!

Now lets go RV

cheer-animated4.gif

Why do I keep getting negatives for stating fact and trying to help others? Its like a bunch of 3 year olds. Too immature to debate their side with facts and truth so they resort to saying I dont like you! Youre wrong!

I'm totally with u bro. I think I'm aware of pretty much any and every possibility that can happen here. A lop then RV is possible and also a modest RV (not $8) then removal of big bills from circulation. I'd think that an RV first would give their currency more purchasing power in the long run and do more to get their country out of poverty than a straight up lop but this is Iraq and anything can happen. It's possible they could continue to leave it where it's at for a while too. Lets continue to keep it real but hope for the best.

Edited by marknet73

Why do I keep getting negatives for stating fact and trying to help others? Its like a bunch of 3 year olds. Too immature to debate their side with facts and truth so they resort to saying I dont like you! Youre wrong!

Do you work for the IRS? The agent that handled my audit years ago had the same attitude and thought being negative was a positive thing. I guess to each his own..................................................GO RV 2010 BABY!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Your post sure looks like someone else. What was the other names you used?

Really, the recycled lopster theory is getting old. Just stating my opinions. And if it does look like someone else he must be another extremely intelligent devilishly handsome individual!

Seriously, never posted before.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Why is LOP and RV the only 2 possibilities??? They aren't. :huh:

There is another possibility that has been out there a while and still hasn’t been found unviable.

I am aware that some of the dealers feel but to keep sales are not going to say that the current notes will not be internationally recognized. Only the newest not fully designed notes will be internationally recognized. The new notes will be at a higher rate and the current notes will hold their value but be pegged to the new (Not designed yet) notes. :blink:

That could cause havoc because we will have all of these notes but no US bank that wants them. They will be happy to trade the new (not yet disigned yet) notes if you have them when they are available.

If you bounce all the latest news and statements off of this theory… it remains resolute.

You say.. well all the countries that bought dinar would then be angry? No... there is no proof anywhere that any government anywhere has purchased/invested/been paid in NID. There has been documented payments made by Iraq in USD though. :o

You can say: there are statements out there that they will co exist… yup bounce it off this theory… they will coexist, one internationally and one just inside of Iraq. One will hold significant value and the current will most likely remain the same value for the most part... Until it gets deposited and sifted out. :o

Do I like it…? Heck no… I want to be rich…

Does it make the most sense for Iraq? It really does.

Will this play out like this… there is a good chance it will.

Why am I here the same reason you are.

Edited by Incountry

Correction: the old Saddam notes were NOT exchanged 1 to 1. The Iraqi Swiss dinar WASN’T even exchanged 1 to 1.

There are so many other variables that you are not taking into account. The fact that they flooded the market with dinar… they printed and put out more then what was on originally there. You see when the NID was introduced it was getting soaked up like a sponge and water… there wasn’t enough on the streets to buy anything. So the US dollar became king. They kept the steady flow of NID going into the country. Now in real life injecting more notes into the economy just makes all of them in circulation worth a lot less (but internally was controlled)… Like Obama is trying to do to the US right now by pumping barrowed money into a dying economy. BUT… the Iraqi dinar is not an internationally traded currency so Iraq at that time until today has more control of the rate. Ok… but when it becomes international that they won’t be able to control what the rate is so much as they can now.

Also you will need to take into account that so many new things have happened to make the economy better and some worse… If you take all of the + + + + + + + + ‘s and all of the - - - - - - - ‘s … I think… I THINK that it should still be on the plus side… but who am I to say… there are way too many variables ( I don’t even think Iraq knows.. ha ha ha).

Have a good day! ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_dinar

The dinar (pronounced: di-'när) (Arabic: دينار, Kurdish: دینار) (sign: د.ع; code: IQD) is the currency of Iraq. It is issued by the Central Bank of Iraq and is subdivided into 1,000 fils (فلس), although inflation has rendered the fils obsolete.

The dinar was introduced into circulation in 1932, by replacing the Indian rupee, which had been the official currency since the British occupation of the country in World War I, at a rate of 1 dinar = 13⅓ rupees. The dinar was pegged at par with the British pound until 1959 when, without changing its value, the peg was switched to the United States dollar at the rate of 1 dinar = 2.8 dollars. By not following the devaluations of the U.S. currency in 1971 and 1973, the dinar rose to a value of US$3.3778, before a 5 percent devaluation reduced the value of the dinar to US$3.2169, a rate which remained until the Gulf War, although in late 1989, the black market rate was reported at five to six times higher (3 dinars for US$1) than the official rate.[2]

After the Gulf War in 1991, due to UN sanctions, the previously used Swiss printing was no longer available. A new, inferior quality notes issue was produced. The previous issue became known as the Swiss dinar and continued to circulate in the Kurdish region of Iraq. Due to sanctions placed on Iraq by the United States and the international community and excessive government printing of the new notes issue, the dinar devalued quickly, and in late 1995, US$1 was valued at 3,000 dinars.

Following the deposition of Saddam Hussein in the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the Iraqi Governing Council and the Office for Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance began printing more Saddam dinar notes as a stopgap measure to maintain the money supply until new currency could be introduced.

Between October 15, 2003 and January 15, 2004, the Coalition Provisional Authority issued new Iraqi dinar coins and notes, with the notes printed by De La Rue using modern anti-forgery techniques, to "create a single unified currency that is used throughout all of Iraq and will also make money more convenient to use in people’s everyday lives."[3] Old banknotes were exchanged for new at a one-to-one rate, except for the Swiss dinars, which were exchanged at a rate of 150 new dinars for one Swiss dinar.

If you can disput this , PLEASE DO change it at wikipedia

Where are you getting this? This is a misconception that the Guru’s have been feeding folks for a while now.

There is no proof ANYWHERE that any of these governments have invested or have been paid anything for anything in the NID currency. :o

I always try to look to see what they are paid in (Currency) if you see news relating to this and it does mention the currency….it has been paid in USD.

What??? Just sayin....

I didnt invest for a 3 to 1. Which by the way IS a rather high return. I have never seen a savings account with an interest rate of 300% When I first got in I was expecting about 3 zeros added to my investment (sound familiar)

Anyways I can see that most of you are intent on this going thru the roof and will not let the thought of anything else enter your thick skull. You really need to come to the realization it might not happen

It depends on which side you expect the zero's to be "LOPPED" from... If you think a nation that fully expects and desires to be taken seriously in the world is going to begin a long and mutually satisfying relationship by screwing the eyes out of all potential trading partners, you probably haven't done all your research and relied heavily on what others have said. If you think a "LOP" to the left value of the current exchange rate is possible then you are more reasonable in your expectations. You see, assuming the current value of IQD = .000857, moving the decimal three places to the right and rounding UP to .86 still makes many of us America's newest millionaires. That places the value of IQD equivalent to $1.17.

RED RV:

You are correct the "NOT" was intended to go on the other side with the Swiss notes... Was going to be 'WAS NOT" even exchanged at 1 to 1. I generally cut and paste from "word" in bits and pieces. :unsure:

Thank you for correcting me sir. ;)

VERY GOOD..... I THINK THE PERSON THAT SAID (THINK OF IRAQ AS A COMPANY SELLING SHARES HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD). .... SOMETIMES A COMPANY HAS TO BUY BACK A FEW SHARES IN ORDER TO KEEP CONTROL OF THE COMPANY......... JMO ..... REDRV

Anything can happen here guys. I've rehashed all of this a thousand times and yeah there are excellent reasons why it can lop and excellent reasons that support a modest RV followed by removal of the large notes from currency. A lot of people don't want to hear the opposing side to what they believe but I like a dose of reality along with my fantasy. The economy in the US is pretty bad right now and I think most people that have dinars would be lying if they said they didn't care whether it RVd. Obviously I'd like it to! Would be nice to pay off the mortgage and set up a trust fund for my kid and not have to sweat so much over the bills. But if it doesn't happen then guess what? We just move on and try to do the best we can. There are great points to be made from both sides and just remember that this is a big risk! That's why the potential payoff is so big. Lets hope they bump the rate up some and we all can get a decent return on this and most people can be at least moderately happy. And lets also stay focused on reality and realize that at this point anything can still happen.

Well said my friend!

anything is possible, as you have stated, however; i would not want to be the person in charge in Iraq if they do lop. Of course America would do nothing, as we have become a nation of pacifist, but china, well now that might be a different case.

the lop would not only affect us little investors, it would also create complete havoc in the world economies. After having read sooo much about this investment it seems clear to me that we are not the only ones wanting a 3000% return. For Iraq to do anything other would be the equivalent to suicide.

Interesting choice of words one would say, as for a jihad est that would be a guarantee to enter heaven. So, can it happen, YES. will it happen? NOT VERY LIKELY

Hate to say it but one tenth a penny to 3 bucks is 300,000 percent gain....not 3000 percent....and some investors would get that with only being invested in this for a month or so?......thats what makes this so unlikely.....never been a return rate like that in the history of investments....even buying into Microsoft from day one wasn't anywhere near that....much as I want it to happen like poster debbie downer and everybody else....I have to be open to the possibility this may first lop.....and then open at 3.00 giving us about 3 to 1 return....300 percent....which is a near suicidal letdown for those in this for the last 5 years....but those in this only a month is really not a bad return considering the usual 10 percent per year....though newbies too will be very disappointed due to all the hype....I'm not gonna be mass hysteria-ed into believing this HAS GOT TO GIVE us at the minimum a 100,000 percent return (or one buck)....there is always a good possibility that this comes out at one to 10 cents and rise from there...maybe getting to 3 bucks over the course of a year or two..which we would all get our 300,000 percent but over time......that being said I hope like debbie downer I''m wrong and it doesn't lop and we see immediate unbelievable gains........

Edited by dagowop
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1