Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar Value

jmw

What the dinar should be worth

If you need links I can provide them but the following numbers are pretty easy to verify…

First thing…Iraqi dinar is currently on a managed float…they use the auctions in order to maintain a relative value to the US dollar.

Their currency is fiat currency…which means it isn’t backed by any specific commodity (ie gold) it is similar to the US dollar in that it is basically based on the GDP of the country.

Here is what we know…

Iraq money supply (m2) 25 trillion

Iraq GDP 65 billion

US money supply (m2) 8 trillion

US GDP 14 trillion

Okay using cowboy math the money supply should be roughly half of the GDP

First you do need to reduce it down to find out how much “dollar” value they have in the market but once you do that you then need to divide it by the amount in circulation to find the unit value.

Iraq’s GDP is 65 billion…therefore their US dollar value of money supply should be 32 billion….(currently 25 billion but I’ll get back to that) Now divide this by the amount of dinar in circulation 25 trillion and you have a unit value.

32/25000 = .00128

Iraq’s current exchange rate .00084

So since they have a US value of $25 billion but based on their GDP they should be able to support a US value of $32 billion they should be able to increase the value of the Dinar by 30% (25 plus 30% = 32.5)

So if the current exchange is .00084 * 30% = .00025 + .00084 = .00109

This would be an improvement from 1 US dollar = 1184 dinar to 1 US dollar = 901 dinar

Now…it doesn’t matter if the currency in their M2 is in small demons, electronic or in cash…all of it has to be taken into consideration when looking at what the value of the dinar can be.

Also, if the currency is redenominated it will be value neutral…so you would have less in circulation and that would raise the value of the dinar but it would not affect our exchange as it would be the same either way.

If there is another way to look at this I would sure like to see and hear it….thanks for any help you can provide.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

What the dinar should be worth

If you need links I can provide them but the following numbers are pretty easy to verify…

First thing…Iraqi dinar is currently on a managed float…they use the auctions in order to maintain a relative value to the US dollar.

Their currency is fiat currency…which means it isn’t backed by any specific commodity (ie gold) it is similar to the US dollar in that it is basically based on the GDP of the country.

Here is what we know…

Iraq money supply (m2) 25 trillion

Iraq GDP 65 billion

US money supply (m2) 8 trillion

US GDP 14 trillion

Okay using cowboy math the money supply should be roughly half of the GDP

First you do need to reduce it down to find out how much “dollar” value they have in the market but once you do that you then need to divide it by the amount in circulation to find the unit value.

Iraq’s GDP is 65 billion…therefore their US dollar value of money supply should be 32 billion….(currently 25 billion but I’ll get back to that) Now divide this by the amount of dinar in circulation 25 trillion and you have a unit value.

32/25000 = .00128

Iraq’s current exchange rate .00084

So since they have a US value of $25 billion but based on their GDP they should be able to support a US value of $32 billion they should be able to increase the value of the Dinar by 30% (25 plus 30% = 32.5)

So if the current exchange is .00084 * 30% = .00025 + .00084 = .00109

This would be an improvement from 1 US dollar = 1184 dinar to 1 US dollar = 901 dinar

Now…it doesn’t matter if the currency in their M2 is in small demons, electronic or in cash…all of it has to be taken into consideration when looking at what the value of the dinar can be.

Also, if the currency is redenominated it will be value neutral…so you would have less in circulation and that would raise the value of the dinar but it would not affect our exchange as it would be the same either way.

If there is another way to look at this I would sure like to see and hear it….thanks for any help you can provide.

Boy are you in for a surprise! The dinar's future value will be based on their oil, and since at one time it was worth $ 3.22, it will be near that or slightly over that. You can't figure this out, it's bigger than you.

Jmw I read alot of your posts.You make good argument's and are obviously well educated.I say keep up the research though. This is fairly easy to figure out. Look up World war 2 Germany's Marshal plan. This is exacly what the Bush administration set up for Iraqi. I respect your oppinion but from what iread you expect the Dinar to lop.I really understand the point's you make but beleive you are strictly sticking to math without all the realitve equation's available.AS do many .Some equations are nothing but common Buisness math that don't equate all the factors. The Good news is your going to be histatic when the Rv /Ri takes place because it will far excede your expectations.The bush Administration was'nt full of rocket sientist's totally re-inventing space flight.The said what do we do to restructure iraq to our benifit after we destroy it? What has worked and failed in the past ? This is what worked in Germany and what failed in Germany.Okay do this, change that ,tweek this and walah! A new marshal plan! Let's call our tweeked new version the iraqi marshal plan.No,No,to authoritarian.Let's call it opperation Iraqi freedom then maybe we can convince the world we are doing this for the iraqi people and not our own country.

See what i'm saying.Your math although correct ,is working off of cooked book's.It will not happen the way you are saying.Our government wouldn't make a dime like that; and that's just not how America work's now is it. I'm not bashing here. I'm just saying follow the money.Then look at who has control .The Us GOV. ....It's all about the benjimens and how much the us can make by rebuilding Iraq off the rv and post war.Jmho :D i always like your posts though well thought out for the most part and alway's makes me think.In any case GO RV>>>>> B)

• Upvote 1

So jmw, according to your equation, what exactly would the RV rate be? Well, what would our rate be given the buy/sell spread? I do agree that there are things that can't be accounted for with mathematics, but I'd have to say what you're talking about would be the worst case scenario of an RV. That would be valuabel information as an investor.

In this instance, I have tried to detatch myself from the realist I tend to be. I am dreaming of a grand return on this, as are many. I think most of us realize that anything can happen, especially in Iraq. That said, anything can happen!!! The only way I can see that this war will have paid for itself is to have an RV with a decent rate. Nothing like TK says for sure, but at or near the US dollar/Euro.

I just can't help but think about Kuwait. Iraq's next door neighbor. Iraq has under rule by a fool for so many years, but Kuwait has thrived with the same resources.

If Iraq just follows Kuwait's plan then there's no reason why the money wouldn't be worth about the same. Someone else said it a couple of days ago.

Why would you buy any oil from Kuwait when you can get it from Iraq for pennies on the dollar? Trust me, I'm no genius, but I think neighbors have be on keel with each other especially when they sell the same product.

They have to be equals.

I keep hoping and praying the people of Iraq in 5 to 10 years will be able to walk down beautiful streets, shop and enjoy the wealth that they deserve for being treated so bad for so long.

Most of them don't understand how the (other half) live in countries like UAE and Saudi Arabia. They could use Kuwait as a model and prosper.

Best to us all

chuck

• Downvote 1

Jmw I read alot of your posts.You make good argument's and are obviously well educated.I say keep up the research though. This is fairly easy to figure out. Look up World war 2 Germany's Marshal plan. This is exacly what the Bush administration set up for Iraqi. I respect your oppinion but from what iread you expect the Dinar to lop.I really understand the point's you make but beleive you are strictly sticking to math without all the realitve equation's available.AS do many .Some equations are nothing but common Buisness math that don't equate all the factors. The Good news is your going to be histatic when the Rv /Ri takes place because it will far excede your expectations.The bush Administration was'nt full of rocket sientist's totally re-inventing space flight.The said what do we do to restructure iraq to our benifit after we destroy it? What has worked and failed in the past ? This is what worked in Germany and what failed in Germany.Okay do this, change that ,tweek this and walah! A new marshal plan! Let's call our tweeked new version the iraqi marshal plan.No,No,to authoritarian.Let's call it opperation Iraqi freedom then maybe we can convince the world we are doing this for the iraqi people and not our own country.

See what i'm saying.Your math although correct ,is working off of cooked book's.It will not happen the way you are saying.Our government wouldn't make a dime like that; and that's just not how America work's now is it. I'm not bashing here. I'm just saying follow the money.Then look at who has control .The Us GOV. ....It's all about the benjimens and how much the us can make by rebuilding Iraq off the rv and post war.Jmho :D i always like your posts though well thought out for the most part and alway's makes me think.In any case GO RV>>>>> B)

Thanks for the reply Gator...i have researched the Marshall Plan in hopes of finding the missing link and through that process I would agree that there are similarities. However, the similarities are what I see as making the revaluation less likely. If you look at both countries they were very war torn and needed a significant investment to rebuild their infrastructure. Which the US did in both cases but the goal was very specific…IMPROVE THE GDP. And this is where I differ from most on here…I don’t think you can set an arbitrary rate of exchange on their money, so you have to base it on something and that something is their GDP in relation to their M2 (money supply). Without doing this you can’t have confidence in the currency and without confidence a currency will hyper inflate.

So if you look at Germany as an example…after they were liberated, through the Marshall Plan their GDP was above prewar levels by 1952.

Now what I have not found yet is what the value of the German Mark was pre-war and post war and what the money supply was. However it is a very interesting read when comparing the East Germany monetary policies vs. West Germany.

If anyone has more information on it I would appreciate it.

So jmw, according to your equation, what exactly would the RV rate be? Well, what would our rate be given the buy/sell spread? I do agree that there are things that can't be accounted for with mathematics, but I'd have to say what you're talking about would be the worst case scenario of an RV. That would be valuabel information as an investor.

In this instance, I have tried to detatch myself from the realist I tend to be. I am dreaming of a grand return on this, as are many. I think most of us realize that anything can happen, especially in Iraq. That said, anything can happen!!! The only way I can see that this war will have paid for itself is to have an RV with a decent rate. Nothing like TK says for sure, but at or near the US dollar/Euro.

Great questions jericho...it is solely my opinion but since you asked I think in the short term there is easily a 30% improvement. Now keep in mind that the dinar has already improve almost 40% from where it was a few years back…so they now would have improved 70%....which is pretty good from an investment prospective. Now Marcuscurtus (who I have a lot of respect for) offered that they were expecting a 50% improvement in their GDP in the coming year. If they can do this then there is an even bigger upside to the value of the dinar.

I wish it would RV to even 10 cents…but I don’t think they can get there without reducing their money supply which could mean a redenomination…but it doesn’t have to mean that. I think people get to caught up in the hype and get rich quick to really understand the dynamics. Good luck!

I just can't help but think about Kuwait. Iraq's next door neighbor. Iraq has under rule by a fool for so many years, but Kuwait has thrived with the same resources.

Yes...but you have to look at their money supply in comparison to Iraq...they are very different and that is whay their values are very different.

If Iraq just follows Kuwait's plan then there's no reason why the money wouldn't be worth about the same. Someone else said it a couple of days ago.

Why would you buy any oil from Kuwait when you can get it from Iraq for pennies on the dollar? Trust me, I'm no genius, but I think neighbors have be on keel with each other especially when they sell the same product.

They have to be equals.

Because oil doesn't work that way...all oil is sold in US dollars...so they don't have to be anywhere near each other (Saudi Arabia is about 28 cents to the dollar) It is really just relative the the exhange rate...but it doesn't make is less expensive.

I keep hoping and praying the people of Iraq in 5 to 10 years will be able to walk down beautiful streets, shop and enjoy the wealth that they deserve for being treated so bad for so long.

Most of them don't understand how the (other half) live in countries like UAE and Saudi Arabia. They could use Kuwait as a model and prosper.

Me too!!

Best to us all

chuck

My opinion thus stems from the Chapter VII situation... With everything frozen as far as the true wealth that Iraq has... what would that total be? who knows... What about the amount of oil that is currently being used to pay for Kuwait? Once Chapter VII is lifted... well you get the jest... Something will have to adjust because Iraq will have a lot more value than anyone can perceive... Just a brain storm of a thought...

{Disclaimer} First I want to say there are no guarantees. I want to try to tie together all the research I have been doing for the last few months. I want to explain why I believe Iraq’s currency will revalue, and what is really at stake here. The more I dug the more I found. I used Google Bing and yahoo search engines. I also used Google and Bing translators. Anyone can find out what I discovered. I am no guru. I don’t know what the rate will be. I don’t know when this will happen (although I believe it will be soon) I don’t have any people on the inside, or boots on the ground. I don’t sell dinar or represent those who do. All I believe is this. The dinar will gain great value and we will all make money on this. Links will be provided. Please take the time to click on the links. They will blow your mind!!! Now I will present my case.

The first thing we need to know about the revalue is simple. We need an understanding of how a central bank works. What is a central bank? The US had 3 central banks. Each central bank was privately owned and operated. Each one had the power to print the government’s money, and charge the government interest for using that money.

Link 1

Our current central bank is the Federal Reserve. It has the power to create money, adjust interest rates, and it has the power to control a lot of the American economy. Yet the Federal Reserve is not part of the Federal Government, and it is an independently owned and operated. It is a private organization.

Part 1 Link 2 a short video

Part 2 Link 3 a short video

We also need to understand that the Iraqi central bank is also a privately owned bank. It operates and works the same way the Federal Reserve operates and works. It was the Rothschilds that owned and operated the first two central banks of the United States. They also own the Central Bank of Iraq. (CBI) They played a major role and even have part ownership in the Federal Reserve.

A man by the name of Paul Wolfowitz who for a time served as head of the World Bank, (2 years) was also involved in the planning of the Iraqi invasion. He has ties with the Rothschilds.

Link 4

Now let’s go back to The American Revolution. At this time there was a currency circulating called a Continental. (Colonial Script) The Rothschilds were openly condemning this currency and calling it worthless. At the same time they did this they were buying all the Continentals they could find. A man named Alexander Levine came to America. He was a Rothschild agent. He changed his name to Alexander Hamilton. He served under George Washington. He became his personal secretary. When Washington became president he made Hamilton the US Secretary of Treasury. Hamilton was able to revalue all the Continentals the Rothschilds owned. He was also successful in getting the first US Central Bank on a temporary basis. It had a 20 year charter and Washington signed it into law.

link 5

Link 6

In recent years The US stock market has gone through some major adjustments. J.P. Morgan bought Bear Stearns and Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch. Both these companies had a major supply of Iraqi dinar and Iraqi bonds. Both J.P. Morgan and Bank of America already had a significant amount of Iraqi dinars and bonds before the purchase of these companies were made. Now they have greatly increased the supply of these assets.

Companies like Lehman Brothers were allowed to go bankrupt because they had few if any Iraqi assets in their portfolio. It was J.P. Morgan himself that also assisted in the effort to establish the Federal Reserve. Goldman Sachs is another Rothschild/US company. It is flush with Iraqi bonds, and it is in the process of becoming a bank. This bank supposedly has 1.1 trillion in assets.

The Oil Connection

It has been stated in many threads over the forums that Iraq would not simply give it’s oil reserves away for a revalued currency. I have added to the confusion by stating that The Iraqi dinar is backed by oil. This was really a poor choice of words on my part. The Iraqi dinar is not a coupon that countries will use to get their oil. What I am trying to imply is this. The value of Iraq’s resources such as oil, Natural Gas, sulfur crops ect, will play a role in the value of the Iraqi dinar itself. The dinar itself is not backed by oil the same way the USD was once backed by gold. However oil will play a role in the revalue of Iraq’s currency.

When you appraise the value of a home you don’t only look at the square footage alone to figure out the value. You take everything into account. Is their any finished carpentry work? Does it have a sprinkler system? Does it have Granit counter tops or Formica? How big is the garage? Is it one car, two cars, or three cars? How many finishing details does it have? Is the house in good shape or does it need repairs?

That is kind of like the same role the resources play on the value of the dinar. This is because these resources will contribute to Iraq’s GDP. This is why oil will always play a part in the value of Iraq’s currency and their economy.

link 7

Baghdad (newsletter).Central appearance for confirmed mscharalbnk that economic growth will improve the Iraqi dinar, that prices will double the total output of Iraq. He said in a telephone (for news agency of news)–all indications are that there are optimistically that Iraqi economy powerful shift will move over the next two years in General and will improve Iraqi dinar particularly noting that such a shift will develop oil and up productivity to (4) million barrels of oil.

Predicted for oil market prices remain high between 80 to 85 dollars a barrel as this will double the total output of Iraq with 100 percent of what will have on government revenues and income of the ECB.

And between valid: that which helps Iraqi Ttoiraldinar versus aldolarho economic growth rates while the value of income and greater currency,

adding: when national income value improves the Iraqi dinar and the level of income, wages and per capita gross domestic product is improving.

And he said that the Central Bank’s monetary policy is now stable and stability affects three elements highlighted by rate level of stability during recent years, and even stable Central Bank reserves in the limits between 43 to 45 billion dollars a barrel./

Link 8

The economist said Ghazi Kanani that the reason for the stability of the dollar over the past five years due to the monetary policy the right of the Central Bank, expected to see the Iraqi dinar rise against the dollar next year. He said yesterday: Since 2004, the U.S. dollar Astaqrarolm effect the exchange rate, as this stability in the interest of consumers and traders, explained that the citizens and merchants were suffering greatly from volatility in the exchange rate, which was reflected in the prices of goods and services. He noted that the constant change at the exchange rate prior to 2004, the latest upheaval in the (economic and commercial) in the country, as well as central bank reserves , and that exchange rate stability They gave impetus to the Iraqi dinar. predicted Kanani said that improving the Iraqi dinar price during the coming year due to increased financial reserves, especially after Iraq signed the Convention on the (oil licensing round) that is, they Sneks revenues, with the budget of the oil. Kanani said his emphasis on the stability that this will affect the Iraqi Central Bank reserves and thus leads from the high value of the Iraqi dinar and stability.

Link 9

Now hopefully everyone can see the roll oil and other resources will play and how it will cause the Iraqi dinar to gain value!

Making the numbers fit

People here have been struggling with large numbers and many are trying to come to any logical conclusion as to how this currency will gain value. It seems all the zeros don’t add up. Don’t worry congress gets just as confused when it sees lots of zeros too. It just boggles the mind.

It has been said through numerous articles that Iraq has 25 trillion dinar in circulation. Some say even 27 trillion. This number is then compared to the world GDP and to the US money supply. It has been said that the US money supply is only 1.7 trillion some say 8.5 trillion. So it would be impossible to revalue a currency when that much dinar is in circulation. I would agree with this assumption if those numbers were correct. But these numbers are not correct. As we will see

Just because Iraq has introduced 25 to 27 trillion dinars into circulation does not mean that all that money stayed in circulation. Iraq has pulled money out of circulation. Here is an article that surfaced in the spring of 2010.

Link 10

Iraq : Iraq announces withdrawal of 70 percent of the excess liquidity

Stressed the continuing support of residential, industrial and service

Baghdad, Taha Hussein

Iraq could pull a high proportion of excess liquidity for local market needs as well as continuing to support projects of industrial, service and housing.

Director General of BADEA Abdul Hussein al-Yasiri at a news conference attended by “morning” that the bank has achieved an important work focuses on two aspects, namely the withdrawal of excess liquidity from circulation and put it into the market again as it allows taking 24 trillion and 800 billion dinars, representing 70 percent of the liquidity, adding to The second aspect of the directions of the Bank is to support a draft comprehensive banking and industrial sectors, service and construction projects, construction and allocation of part of loans to farmers and the financing of housing projects, especially that the country needs to build more than three million housing units, noting that the bank was allocated 6 trillion dinars for the purposes of housing, commerce and industry to by granting loans to the public sector such as the Ministry of Electricity, which granted a loan for the development of electricity and the purchase of bonds and remittances in the form of two waves exceeded Akiemha four trillion and 800 billion dinars, as well as giving companies and the Ministry of Industry more than a trillion and 115 billion dinars, a contribution to the implementation of rehabilitation projects and the development of these companies , in addition to the different loans granted by Bank staff and employees in government departments, different. Speaking of housing loans granted by Iraq for the citizens and that the bank used Balakari as his experience in granting housing loans to citizens Vakarz final amount exceeded 300 billion dinars, in addition to the prepared study in how to grant housing loans by him directly, because the bank wanted to avoid the mistakes that many international banks through the equation between the deposits and the type and between loans and advances, indicating the presence of short-term deposits and long-term and there are loans and lines of short, medium and long-term bank, which has the right vision for the future must be prepared to lend this budget and on this basis, as he put it. Director-General warned that the bank is still going to give the citizens of housing loans of $ 30 million, indicating that the bank is required possession of the citizen who wants to get this loan for a piece of land as fit for building residential unit more than others, as well as its continuation in the granting of commercial loans and industrial. Said that Iraq had set a ceiling for advances not to exceed one trillion dinars and is currently studying the possibility of developing a new roof or the lifting of the ceiling reached by the bank in the previous round.

Here we see Iraq withdrawing money, but at the same time it is stressing that it will still have enough money to support projects for industrial, service, and housing.

So what is excess liquidity?

Link 11

Becker provides a precise definition of “excess liquidity”, which is simply that if money supply expands faster than nominal gross domestic product (GDP), excess liquidity will be created. In other words, excess liquidity is the percentage year-on-year (y-o-y) money supply growth minus the percentage y-o-y growth in nominal GDP.

It is evident that the Central bank of Iraq has been pulling money from the supply look at the CBI

Link 12

The coins are already pulled from the money supply.

Link 13

“The notes were similar in design to notes issued by the Central Bank of Iraq in the 1970s and 1980s. A 500 dinars note was issued a year later, in October 2004. In the Kurdish regions of Iraq, the 50 dinar note is not in circulation.

In 2004, new 25, 50, and 100 dinars coins were introduced. However, these coins proved to be unpopular & were withdrawn from circulation.”

I don’t know exactly how much Iraqi dinar is in circulation and how much has been pulled at this point. I am still trying to determine this, but what about the US money supply?

The US has 1.7 trillion dollars in printed currency this is called the M1 money supply. The US also has digital currency. The digital currency and the physical currency added together is called the M2 money supply. The M2 money supply is 8.5 trillion. The money supply is greatly expanded by the use of something called Fractional Reserve Banking. This is outlined in a book produced by the Federal Reserve called Modern Money Mechanics. This short video will explain how it works.

Link 14

Link 15

Now you know exactly how the money supply is expanded through the fractional reserve banking system. So take the base money supply and times it by 10 (the reserve limit) now you have 85 trillion as an expansion possibility. However the reserve requirement has been removed.

Link 16

So ask yourself, If the federal reserve and the bankers can expand the money supply this much, How come the reserve requirements were removed? The money supply has been expanded even further through Quantitative Easing 1 and 2. The total US money supply is M3. Good luck finding an accurate number.

So money = debt and debt = money. Every dollar in circulation represents someone else in debt. Now check out the US debt Clock

Link 17

Maybe we can kind of guess what the real M3 money supply is from calculating all this debt.

Iraq is a world currency. It is spread throughout the world. So to determine if there is enough currency to revalue you need to look at the global picture, not just the United States currency. Keep in mind that there are about 150 central banks and don’t forget to take into account Fractional Reserve Banking for each bank!

What about Redenomination?

In the last redenomination article I read two things stood out. First the new government would need to approve the dinar. Second they will conduct a study to see if this is a good option. So if this is correct no decision has been made at this point. They would also need to determine the cost and build it into the budget. There has been an on again off again approach when discussing this topic. There are many articles that say they will not redenominate. I am going to quote from the Wikipedia link provided earlier.

“According to a Reuters report on 11 Feb 2010, Iraq expects to redenominate its dinar currency by knocking three zeros off the nominal value of bank notes to facilitate currency transactions.”

The Rothschild family owns Reuters. This is the same Rothschild family that owns the CBI. History is about to repeat itself once again. Remember earlier that the Rothschild’s ancestors purchased all the colonial currency they could find and at the same time they had their network of people declaring how worthless the currency was. Soon afterwards Alexander Hamilton restored value to the Colonial currency.

The same thing is happening today. The Rothschilds are setting up their network of agents and friends with as much Iraqi dinar and bonds as possible via the stock market and acquisitions, and at the same time they say the currency will redenominate and is worthless through their media complex. Places like Reuters and AP provide the Rothschilds with their own personal forums. Then when the time is right Shabibi will revalue the dinar.

Link 18

Link 19

Link 20

Link 21

Link 22

So if you clicked on the links and watched the video in the last link above you know that the Rothschilds also own the oil company Royal Dutch Shell. Look at the oil contracts in Iraq that have been given to shell. Look at the 17 billion gas contract signed by shell.

In Conclusion

When we consider an Iraqi dinar RV we need to look at the really big picture. There is more at stake here than a war-torn country that suffered under a brutal dictatorship and is merely trying to emerge from economic ruin. We are dealing with global interests that want to establish a foothold in this region. The global elite wants to dominate this region and establish their control over it’s recourses. The dinar is a tool to do just that.

Mods please move this post if it is in the wrong place Thanks

Read more:

well read this post and you decide,read marcuscurtis post regarding the rv of the iqd.

Marcus and I had some great discussions about this a while back...unfortunately a MOD locked the thread and that was the end of it....There is a lot to like in his statements he backs everything up and I have a lot of respect for him…while we agree on many things we also agree to disagree. I won't go into the whole discussion again but the above leaves out some significant information when you look at just arbitrarily changing the value of a currency.

From an article we all have read:

"Will allow the deletion process "to reduce the size of the cluster of cash currency, ie, that the paper of a thousand dinars turn to one dinar, and this means reducing the 21 trillion dinars to 15 billion with coins, metal, and small groups." Saleh pointed out that the strategy, which purports to Central taken "in line with the Constitution and the economic life of good and facilitate internal transactions "

This article supports a trade in or exchange... paper for paper, 25k for 25 iqd in smaller denoms. The 000’s would not be “tradeable” in the market place, only good for exchanging at the bank for the newly available smaller notes. Then you could go to the market and buy goods and services.

Like making change In the US… we can go to the bank and exchange large notes for smaller ones... $100 and will be exchanged for 5 $20 dollar bills. We do not gain or lose value.

We have all been brain washed by visions of exponential wealth and we don't want anyone to take that dream away. What would you do if you financially managed a country that had 25k notes in circulation and 1k notes in your bank vaults? You would reasonably say to everyone "turn in your existing 25k notes for the equivalent value of 25 iqd in smaller more functional notes. Then RV the new lower denoms of dinar. The "non RV'd" zeros are removed (000's notes), the RV has taken place and the CBI has not had to pay the higher rate to any large note holders, citizens or speculators alike. The new smaller bills are now usable since the larger unmanageable denominations are gone. We exchange our big 000's and get a 3+ rate of exchange. we should be very happy.

It is their "in country" currency, their country and their decision... have they worried about what we think or how much IQD we hold or about anything...ever... no.

Possibly that is why there will only be a $150 USD charge per million IQD post RV. there just won't be that much made on this... adequate but not overwhelming.

the sequence could be...

1. removal of non tradable 000's by exchanging for usable lower denoms

2. in parallel RV the new denoms, not the old 000's.

call this what you want... just don't count on the CBI to pay your rent or for your mansion.

BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY..."I WANT TO BE DEAD WRONG"