Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq to execute 39 al Qaeda suspects without trial

k98nights

Read more:

I for one have no problem with this. These men are part of a terror organization that have brought much pain and suffering to our country and the WORLD. I believe that I am correct when I say that Bin Laden the leader of this terror organization is wanted by the United States "Dead or Alive". These men that have chose to make terror to the world and kill our US soliders derserve no mercy nor do they derserve any sympothy from you. If anyone in this forum thinks that the United States is going to defend these men you are WRONG, these men will die and I for one salute Iraq for doing it in this manner.

We are each given the right to our opinion and I have no problem with the ones of you that feel they deserve a fair trial. But, I will ask you how you would feel if you were a Iraqi citizen and one of these men hurt or killed one of your family members?

sladrian i have to agree, these terrorists get around the human rights law too often and use are own money,weapons,laws against us.............looks like iraq havnt give them that chance.

rip 2 all fallen troops.

Read more:

I for one have no problem with this. These men are part of a terror organization that have brought much pain and suffering to our country and the WORLD. I believe that I am correct when I say that Bin Laden the leader of this terror organization is wanted by the United States "Dead or Alive". These men that have chose to make terror to the world and kill our US soliders derserve no mercy nor do they derserve any sympothy from you. If anyone in this forum thinks that the United States is going to defend these men you are WRONG, these men will die and I for one salute Iraq for doing it in this manner.

We are each given the right to our opinion and I have no problem with the ones of you that feel they deserve a fair trial. But, I will ask you how you would feel if you were a Iraqi citizen and one of these men hurt or killed one of your family members?

Sladrian, How would I feel? If it was me, I'd still expect a trial. But I'm kind of nutty that way. I'd want to be sure they got the right guys. Just because someone accuses them of being part of the dreaded al Qaeda isn't proof. If you set the dangerous precedent of allowing executions without trial, just wait for false accusations to rise as a way to expeditiously get rid of people. Don't like that your business competitor is doing better than you? Accuse him of being al Qaeda. Don't like the guy who married the girl you wanted? Accuse him of being al Qaeda. No need to prove it and they'll kindly take his head off for you. I know I'm sounding flip, but you can't pick and choose who gets a trial and who doesn't. Are we not hoping to bring democracy and freedom to the Iraqi people? Then, sorry, but that includes a fair judicial system. Do they deserve the consequences if they are proven guilty? You betcha. I'd just want to be sure they are guilty first. Just sayin'.

• Upvote 1

Well, thought I'd add more 2 cents worth.

First off, 39 al Qaeda terrorists grouped in one room, for sure IS A HUGE AMOUNT. That tells me that definitely Iraq has a network of people sharing intel, and moving to CALL OUT ALL TERRORISTS. Very excellent.

There is the court system. And the brand new government. What will happen is the GOI and the court system will look at the future, several generations down, and CHOOSE HOW TO PROSECUTE... FUTURE TERRORISTS.

TOUGH LAWS ARE STILL NEEDED. But that would include a "Redemption hope". Meaning jail, yes.

We know that the Christians who perished would want a trial for the terrorists. And the soldiers who fought and died for freedoms and democracy, would want a trial.

But this is Iraq. The justice in every person's eyes is subjective. Give Iraq time. The less we all fear Iraq, and the less the citizens fear terrorism. The better.

I'm also thinking... the best hope is BEFORE THE EXECUTIONS, that people pray for the souls of the terrorists. And pray for healing, and ALSO PRAY FOR NO MORE TERRORISM, AND PRAY FOR NO MORE WARS.

I just know the Christians, who died would NOT WANT AN EYE FOR AN EYE. But they would know IT IS IN GOD'S HANDS, and part of HIS PLAN. So definitely the Christians who died, and are alive, are not to blame for the death sentences.

It is scarey has hell for us to think of death sentence, with no trial. But I'm thankful Iraq and the intel is FLUSHING OUT THE TERRORISTS, to give the message:

" YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE, NOR ANYWHERE!!!!!'

Before saying that they are out of line in declaring these executions because that's not what the USA would do, you have to remember, they aren't in the USA. Just because we sent our troops over there and cleaned house doesn't mean we have the right to tell them how to run their laws. If we insist that they run things the way we want them run, why not place our own govt. officials over there? They are a fledgling govt and will iron out the wrinkles as they see fit. You have to remember, even George Washington owned slaves....was it seen wrong then?

I think to a good degree the responses to this thread illustrate the really scary implications raised in the article.

All the talk about how the bleeding hearts would punish these people? The benefits of summary execution? That's not what this article is about. Completely apart from the decision over what to do with terrorists, don't you at least think we should have some passing heed to whether a given individual had anything to do with what he/she was being criminally punished for?

I previously mentioned the concept of Due Process, as in American jurisprudence for a few CENTURIES. The issue here is guilt or innocence, not what kind of weapons we arm our firing squads for. AGAIN - these people were said to have been executed without trial. My god. So then what was the decisional criteria, and who got to decide just who committed what acts of terrorism? And how correct were they as a factual matter? What was the motive fueling their determination of guilt?

And what about when that person shows up at your door with an arrest warrant?

Maynard